Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If You Saw A Large Ad 17:52 - Mar 11 with 2185 viewsBoston

....in the front window of a local newsagent that was offering rental accommodation and only Gujarati people could apply, would you make a complaint to the council?
I took a picture.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

If You Saw A Large Ad on 17:59 - Mar 11 with 2161 views2Thomas2Bowles

Gujarati being a language...

Well the UK says to get UK citizenship you to have to be able to speak English

Edit
Gujarati people... can't see anyone telling them off, they would not know what you are saying.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 18:02]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

If You Saw A Large Ad on 18:11 - Mar 11 with 2128 viewspaesanu

Interesting question. The practical truth is that because of food, prayers, rituals, culture etc it's unlikely that Dave Smith is going to fit into that houseshare. I see some rentals asking for vegetarians only, is that discriminatory?

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

If You Saw A Large Ad on 18:15 - Mar 11 with 2117 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It's all about wording.

If it said 'Gujerati people only' then i'd imagine that would be discriminatory and possibly illegal.

If it says 'Gujarati speakers only" then that is a totally different and does not discriminate on the basis of a protected characteristic etc.

Even if it was racist, it's a pretty petty thing to complain about and would most likely be a waste of your time and the councils.

What exactly does it say in full?
If You Saw A Large Ad on 18:49 - Mar 11 with 2039 viewscolinallcars

If You Saw A Large Ad on 18:15 - Mar 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

It's all about wording.

If it said 'Gujerati people only' then i'd imagine that would be discriminatory and possibly illegal.

If it says 'Gujarati speakers only" then that is a totally different and does not discriminate on the basis of a protected characteristic etc.

Even if it was racist, it's a pretty petty thing to complain about and would most likely be a waste of your time and the councils.

I think I'll advertise a house-share worded “ Gujerati speaking QPR fans only “
If You Saw A Large Ad on 22:57 - Mar 11 with 1910 viewsBoston

It's all about wording.

It says ‘for Gujarati people only’.

It also says 24 hour hot/cold water.

If You Saw A Large Ad on 23:23 - Mar 11 with 1887 viewsCroydonCaptJack

It's all about wording.

Well the councils certainly know how to waste time.
If You Saw A Large Ad on 23:38 - Mar 11 with 1867 viewsDavieQPR

As in every walk of life you get Gujaratis and you get Badjuratis.
If You Saw A Large Ad on 06:29 - Mar 12 with 1798 viewsloftboy

Surely it’s the owners perogative to decide who he has living in his house?
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 7:32]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

If You Saw A Large Ad on 09:12 - Mar 12 with 1700 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If You Saw A Large Ad on 22:57 - Mar 11 by Boston

It says ‘for Gujarati people only’.

It also says 24 hour hot/cold water.

In that case yeah, it's probably racist.

I estimate it would cost £250 to get some council knob to take it down but for the owners to get Gujarati only tenants anyway.

Save your time.
If You Saw A Large Ad on 09:48 - Mar 12 with 1652 views1MoreBrightonR

When i ived in Brighton ten years ago, you would genuinely see flatshares on Gumtree that said they wanted "Guardian readers only". I read the Guardian and am baffled by that.
If You Saw A Large Ad on 10:00 - Mar 12 with 1632 viewsBoston

Tend to agree with both loftboy and Bazza, just intrigued to see such in your face discrimination being accepted in modern day Britain.

If You Saw A Large Ad on 10:04 - Mar 12 with 1625 viewsBoston

If You Saw A Large Ad on 09:48 - Mar 12 by 1MoreBrightonR

When i ived in Brighton ten years ago, you would genuinely see flatshares on Gumtree that said they wanted "Guardian readers only". I read the Guardian and am baffled by that.

Not a connoisseur of chips then?

If You Saw A Large Ad on 10:58 - Mar 12 with 1574 viewsGloryHunter

If the ad is for a tenancy for a flat or house then it would be discriminatory. If it's for a lodger in the landlord's own house then it's not - you can choose whoever you want to live in your house, or in a rented house-share. I think.
If You Saw A Large Ad on 11:06 - Mar 12 with 1564 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If You Saw A Large Ad on 10:00 - Mar 12 by Boston

Tend to agree with both loftboy and Bazza, just intrigued to see such in your face discrimination being accepted in modern day Britain.

Bigger fish mate.

We deported 5,000 carribeans (mostly falsely) who had wiped our arses and drove our buses for 50 years on the basis they couldn't provide documentation from their primary school in the 1940s.

Young White men are constantly behind in education terms due to poverty and kill themselves in numbers much higher than any other category of people.

Like I say bigger fish. There is a massive anti racism demonstration on Saturday in London and Glasgow. Pop along:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-demonstration-united-against-racism-and-fa
If You Saw A Large Ad on 11:40 - Mar 12 with 1530 viewsBoston

If You Saw A Large Ad on 11:06 - Mar 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Bigger fish mate.

We deported 5,000 carribeans (mostly falsely) who had wiped our arses and drove our buses for 50 years on the basis they couldn't provide documentation from their primary school in the 1940s.

Young White men are constantly behind in education terms due to poverty and kill themselves in numbers much higher than any other category of people.

Like I say bigger fish. There is a massive anti racism demonstration on Saturday in London and Glasgow. Pop along:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-demonstration-united-against-racism-and-fa

Sorry I’m busy saving the whale this Saturday.

If You Saw A Large Ad on 11:47 - Mar 12 with 1503 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If You Saw A Large Ad on 11:40 - Mar 12 by Boston

Sorry I’m busy saving the whale this Saturday.

Enjoy!

https://www.bbwcupid.com/en/results/search?searchtype=1&searchview=1&gender=253&
If You Saw A Large Ad on 12:30 - Mar 12 with 1425 viewsBoston

If You Saw A Large Ad on 11:47 - Mar 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Enjoy!

https://www.bbwcupid.com/en/results/search?searchtype=1&searchview=1&gender=253&

If only I had a Moby Dick.

If You Saw A Large Ad on 12:32 - Mar 12 with 1411 views2Thomas2Bowles

If You Saw A Large Ad on 11:47 - Mar 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Enjoy!

Slightly worrying you had that link to hand so quick!

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

If You Saw A Large Ad on 12:38 - Mar 12 with 1395 viewsBoston

If You Saw A Large Ad on 12:32 - Mar 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Slightly worrying you had that link to hand so quick!

Indeed, what else is in his hand!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024