Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flooring and liability (real post, kitchen free) 10:50 - Mar 14 with 468 viewsRangersDave

Hi guys,

your thoughts please?

we had a new fridge freezer delivered 2 weeks ago. The deal was to deliver, install and remove the old one.

the new and old went through the double patio doors, but the old fridge freezer and the new fridge freezer were dragged on their wheels out fo the tiled floor kitched, onto our engineered wood oak flooring in the hall and living room.

subsequently both left marks across our flooring, the heavier one making tram tracks like a tank has rolled across the floor.
both fridges here jiggled on their corners to negoriate both doorways they had to go through leaving zig zag indentations and various scrapes across the floors in the hall and living room.

To be fair, there were existing marks on the floor as its been down 10 years, but this has controbuted those marks 300% as all our furniture have felt pads on the bottom to keep potential damage down.

The transport company has just been out and told us that they think the floor will sand out, and that they will get a quote. Fine, no problems there.

However he then said we will get a quote for this but you will have to meet us on the price as otherwise we will be paying for the whole floor to be refinished.

Its not been our intention to sand our floors, and i have asked him why i should pay for their damage to be repaired........ he said, 'well thats the way the industry works, why should i pay to put your damage right'?

on the face of it a reasonable question, but if he only put his damage right i'd have a top layer of my oak floor 1/2mm lower all over my floor and different colouring if he just repaired and sanded and sealed their damage.

Cant be right can it?

Opinions and thoughts please team!

cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Flooring and liability (real post, kitchen free) on 14:50 - Jan 3 with 320 viewsWokingR

Flooring and liability (real post, kitchen free) on 11:56 - Mar 14 by londonscottish

I can't see how they can be liable to do anything except refinish the entire floor.

As the other poster says if you have insurance cover that may be the way to go.

If not surely they should be covered by some sort of insurance against which they can claim?

The trouble with claiming against someone else's insurance is that it is indemnity cover only which will only pay to put you back to the position you were in immediately prior to the damage. Your own insurance will be new for old cover.
Flooring and liability (real post, kitchen free) on 11:28 - Mar 14 with 398 viewsWokingR

Have you got Accidental Damage cover on your buildings insurance ?
There is no 'no claims discount' on buildings cover so the most it will cost you is your excess which will likely be £50 or £100.
Then leave it to your insurer to make the recovery from the transport company. Your insurers will have far more legal clout and experience in making a full recovery than you or I would as individuals.
Flooring and liability (real post, kitchen free) on 11:56 - Mar 14 with 357 viewslondonscottish

I can't see how they can be liable to do anything except refinish the entire floor.

As the other poster says if you have insurance cover that may be the way to go.

If not surely they should be covered by some sort of insurance against which they can claim?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024