Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protests - The Thompson Family. 11:08 - Mar 14 with 8374 viewsJJB

Serious question to QPR fans who are old enough to remember.

Why did we protest so strongly against The Thompson Family when they were in charge of us?

There is a reason I ask this but before I reveal why I ask, I would like your opinion on the above.

Thanks in advance.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 09:53 - Mar 15 with 2208 viewsstevec

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 09:37 - Mar 15 by JJB

The above posts is exactly why I asked this question and thanks for your responses so far..

I don’t think anybody can disagree that under Uncle Bungles regime as Chairman has it been nothing short of a catastrophe. And oh, before anybody pipes up saying he isn’t the chairman any more he is still the majority shareholder, this Amit in control nonsense is just club spin to shield the crap from himself.

He took over when we were 16th in The Premier League. He has wasted over a quarter of a billion pounds to find us today - 18th in The Championship and deep in the crap with the way he has ran QPR resulting in this FFP fine which is crippling us which will take years and years to recover from, that’s if we do ever recover from it at all. A QUARTER OF A BILLION POUNDS and we are facing a potential relegation to league one.

He talks about the new ground and training facilities whilst not one single brick has been laid but still a vast amount of the fans still fall for all his old waffle because he comes across as a nice bloke, he drinks in the pubs with the fans, he does keepy fxxking uppies with Sandro, he says that he cares about the club but the stone cold sober truth is this man cannot be trusted when it comes to our beloved QPR (& Loftus Road) and if Jim Gregory can try to sell the ground from beneath our feet ( we protested then! ) then it goes without saying that Uncle Phoney can too.

He upset Cargiant with his arrogance and is doing exactly the same now with H&F council now regarding land he doesn’t own which will result , if it ever happens in us leaving W12 and playing our football in Staines or worse still — Slough.

So, to my point. (Thank Christ I hear you scream) Why as fans are we allowing this total mismanagement to continue to happen? My post about the Thompson family makes my point, we protested for far less trivial matters back then but now we are allowing these present owners to get away with way worse crimes when it comes to how we are being run as a club.

I simply don’t understand how impartial and diluted we as fans have become when it comes to showing some heart and passion for this, our great club which is getting royally f*cked month after month, year after year with very little being said and even less being done to actually stop this by us the fans.

Clint Hill once said if you let standards slip as a club you are in big trouble, I feel that is happening to us as now as fans, we are slowly but surely letting our own standard drop as supporters and its resulting in allowing these dreadful owners to get away with blue murder when it comes to how OUR club is getting run.

I’m sorry if this is coming across a rant, I’m no writer but I do care about QPR and I honestly think it’s time we stand up and let the owners know that enough is enough, Christ we even protested against Tango and Cash and again, they were not a patch on these clowns were they, were they?!?!?

My sincere hope is that we can force these charlatans out with fan power like we have done in the past and don’t believe the myth that we are not an attractive club for some new wealthy new owner. We are a very buyable club even in this financial mess that we find ourselves in, caused up TF and his mates, we are in a prime location in London, we have a fantastic heritage and with the right owners we could again become the terrific little club we once were, punching above our weight and upsetting the odds again and whilst nothing ever comes with any guarantees, anything would be better then what we have put up with under this Tony Fernandes led consortium of clowns no?

You're absolutely right in all you say here, but these days, if shouting at a player 'where's your poppy?' warrants a fan being subjected to some sort of enquiry by the club (what's happened to the guy by the way?) and probably some sort of police interjection, then I suspect your average supporter thinks is it really worth the hassle.

Do agree with you though.
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 10:35 - Mar 15 with 2150 viewsdavman

Maybe its my age, but, frankly, I can't be arsed any more.

I cannot see that anything practical can be done - if they leave, I cannot see any way through this aside from liquidation. With the infrastructure and FFP restrictions, no sugar daddy can come in and spend their way our of this mess, so why would they stump up the money to even try to speculate to accumulate?

When the inevitable relegation comes; this season, next season or (still trying to be a little optimistic), the season after that, I think that they will walk to cut their losses, maybe selling LR at some point before then.

Very confused about the delay to the Training Ground though - a lot of effort went into getting to the decision and yet we still haven't started.

It is all rubbish, isn't it? Come on Happy Clappers, tell a joke, post a GIF...

My all time fave: Mickey Mouse in the Divorce Court. Judge says, "I am sorry Mr. Mouse, but you can't divorce your wife on the grounds that she has bucked teeth" to which MM replies: "I didn't say that, I said that she was f*****g Goofy"

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 10:50 - Mar 15 with 2137 viewsdaveB

problem is back then as fans we had other options, if Thompson had gone and when he did go someone was able to buy the club without needing to be a billionaire.

When you see the state of the place now the cost of buying QPR and making us worth the hassle is far too much so forcing the owners out might not actually achieve anything
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 11:38 - Mar 15 with 2083 viewsPunteR

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 10:50 - Mar 15 by daveB

problem is back then as fans we had other options, if Thompson had gone and when he did go someone was able to buy the club without needing to be a billionaire.

When you see the state of the place now the cost of buying QPR and making us worth the hassle is far too much so forcing the owners out might not actually achieve anything

So we just let TF run us into the ground? Which is exactly where we are heading.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 11:41 - Mar 15 with 2081 viewsdavman

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 11:38 - Mar 15 by PunteR

So we just let TF run us into the ground? Which is exactly where we are heading.

So, what is the realistic alternative?

Rich people are rich people generally because they make good decisions. Buying our club in the state it is in with the rules as they are means that it would be a pretty awful decision to take us on.

So, I don't think that there is a choice - sorry!

Can we go out yet?

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 11:46 - Mar 15 with 2076 viewsqprewan

The above posts is exactly why I asked this question and thanks for your responses so far..

I don’t think anybody can disagree that under Uncle Bungles regime as Chairman has it been nothing short of a catastrophe. And oh, before anybody pipes up saying he isn’t the chairman any more he is still the majority shareholder, this Amit in control nonsense is just club spin to shield the crap from himself.

He took over when we were 16th in The Premier League. He has wasted over a quarter of a billion pounds to find us today - 18th in The Championship and deep in the crap with the way he has ran QPR resulting in this FFP fine which is crippling us which will take years and years to recover from, that’s if we do ever recover from it at all. A QUARTER OF A BILLION POUNDS and we are facing a potential relegation to league one.

He talks about the new ground and training facilities whilst not one single brick has been laid but still a vast amount of the fans still fall for all his old waffle because he comes across as a nice bloke, he drinks in the pubs with the fans, he does keepy fxxking uppies with Sandro, he says that he cares about the club but the stone cold sober truth is this man cannot be trusted when it comes to our beloved QPR (& Loftus Road) and if Jim Gregory can try to sell the ground from beneath our feet ( we protested then! ) then it goes without saying that Uncle Phoney can too.

He upset Cargiant with his arrogance and is doing exactly the same now with H&F council now regarding land he doesn’t own which will result , if it ever happens in us leaving W12 and playing our football in Staines or worse still — Slough.

So, to my point. (Thank Christ I hear you scream) Why as fans are we allowing this total mismanagement to continue to happen? My post about the Thompson family makes my point, we protested for far less trivial matters back then but now we are allowing these present owners to get away with way worse crimes when it comes to how we are being run as a club.

I simply don’t understand how impartial and diluted we as fans have become when it comes to showing some heart and passion for this, our great club which is getting royally f*cked month after month, year after year with very little being said and even less being done to actually stop this by us the fans.

Clint Hill once said if you let standards slip as a club you are in big trouble, I feel that is happening to us as now as fans, we are slowly but surely letting our own standard drop as supporters and its resulting in allowing these dreadful owners to get away with blue murder when it comes to how OUR club is getting run.

I’m sorry if this is coming across a rant, I’m no writer but I do care about QPR and I honestly think it’s time we stand up and let the owners know that enough is enough, Christ we even protested against Tango and Cash and again, they were not a patch on these clowns were they, were they?!?!?

My sincere hope is that we can force these charlatans out with fan power like we have done in the past and don’t believe the myth that we are not an attractive club for some new wealthy new owner. We are a very buyable club even in this financial mess that we find ourselves in, caused up TF and his mates, we are in a prime location in London, we have a fantastic heritage and with the right owners we could again become the terrific little club we once were, punching above our weight and upsetting the odds again and whilst nothing ever comes with any guarantees, anything would be better then what we have put up with under this Tony Fernandes led consortium of clowns no?

Absolutely brilliant and spot on ...like yourself I and all my mates protested against Gregory when he sold the club to Marler estates , fought the merger and then stood up to the Thompsons...later we also fought the Briatorie regime. Now , as you say, the club are shamefully trying to bully and blame the Council which will not end well whilst at the same time softening up the fan base for their next move which will be to move us elsewhere. Wake up everyone
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 11:53]
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 12:28 - Mar 15 with 2032 viewsdaveB

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 11:38 - Mar 15 by PunteR

Not saying that but really don't know what the answer is other than locking Fernandes in a cupboard somewhere
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 13:47 - Mar 15 with 1955 viewsJuzzie

I also feel that today's modern world of so many outlets to voice one's opinion has diluted getting people together in one group to protest, like we did at the home game v Man City.

Easier just to criticise on social media, forums etc and sit back and think you've done your bit.
Login to get fewer ads

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 17:57 - Mar 15 with 1864 viewsNW5Hoop

Said it before here, and I know it's not a popular view, but the Thompsons were the best owners this club has had in living memory, apart from Jim Gregory.

They ran it as a sustainable business; they employed the right people to bring in the right players; they sold those players on at a massive profit; they usually replaced them with decent alternatives; they gave QPR their best team and best finishes since the mid-70s. They didn't asset strip the club, because the money didn't go into their own pockets, other than whatever salary Richard Thompson took (it was not like the Glazers at Man Utd, taking financing fees for the debt they loaded on the club in the first place). QPR was a well run club, punching above its weight.

I know people say QPR was two or three players away from a push for silverware. But even then that would have been £10-£15m of expenditure. First, why should they, with there being no way of getting that money back (this was before the Premier League TV money really exploded; I've posted the figures on here before, and it was not vast fortunes); and do people really think the players that would have won titles at that time would have come to QPR — Shearer, Keane, and so on? I know Blackburn bought a title, but (a) everyone thought they were awful for doing it and (b) they could only do it because a lifelong fan and multimillionaire was their chairman. He didn't care about running the club sustainably. And once he died …

Rather than continually moaning about what the Thompsons didn't do, maybe think about what they did do.
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 20:05 - Mar 15 with 1814 viewsPunteR

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 17:57 - Mar 15 by NW5Hoop

Said it before here, and I know it's not a popular view, but the Thompsons were the best owners this club has had in living memory, apart from Jim Gregory.

They ran it as a sustainable business; they employed the right people to bring in the right players; they sold those players on at a massive profit; they usually replaced them with decent alternatives; they gave QPR their best team and best finishes since the mid-70s. They didn't asset strip the club, because the money didn't go into their own pockets, other than whatever salary Richard Thompson took (it was not like the Glazers at Man Utd, taking financing fees for the debt they loaded on the club in the first place). QPR was a well run club, punching above its weight.

I know people say QPR was two or three players away from a push for silverware. But even then that would have been £10-£15m of expenditure. First, why should they, with there being no way of getting that money back (this was before the Premier League TV money really exploded; I've posted the figures on here before, and it was not vast fortunes); and do people really think the players that would have won titles at that time would have come to QPR — Shearer, Keane, and so on? I know Blackburn bought a title, but (a) everyone thought they were awful for doing it and (b) they could only do it because a lifelong fan and multimillionaire was their chairman. He didn't care about running the club sustainably. And once he died …

Rather than continually moaning about what the Thompsons didn't do, maybe think about what they did do.

Can we apply that to current owners?

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 20:26 - Mar 15 with 1807 viewsPunteR

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 11:41 - Mar 15 by davman

So, what is the realistic alternative?

Rich people are rich people generally because they make good decisions. Buying our club in the state it is in with the rules as they are means that it would be a pretty awful decision to take us on.

So, I don't think that there is a choice - sorry!

You've got nothing to apologize for.

First of all i wouldn't let this latest group of owners sell our stadium. If i'm not mistaken it's our only asset.
TF and co will not be here forever. Just look at our history. We've had loads of different owners. This thread backs that up.
TF and this board have to go. We cant improve with them around. New stadium, training ground wont happen anyway with TF at the helm. He's not interested. Even if he is, he cant be trusted to get it right.
The way things look its only going to get worse before it gets better.

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 20:34 - Mar 15 with 1799 viewsqprewan

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 17:57 - Mar 15 by NW5Hoop

What absolute bollox they did nothing for our club whatsoever apart from dismantling a team that had been doing consistently well. They inherited the club as a debt owed by Bulstrode and they were totally indifferent to our fans and our history ...thankfully most of our supporters at the time saw through them though and stood shoulder to shoulder to force them out
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 22:26 - Mar 15 with 1752 viewsNW5Hoop

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 20:05 - Mar 15 by PunteR

Can we apply that to current owners?

No, because with them it's moaning about all the things they have done.
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 22:29 - Mar 15 with 1746 viewsNW5Hoop

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 20:34 - Mar 15 by qprewan

What absolute bollox they did nothing for our club whatsoever apart from dismantling a team that had been doing consistently well. They inherited the club as a debt owed by Bulstrode and they were totally indifferent to our fans and our history ...thankfully most of our supporters at the time saw through them though and stood shoulder to shoulder to force them out

Richard Thompson didn't dismantle the team. The 90s team that everyone raves on about was largely assembled under his watch. Worth revisiting the interview with him that appeared here. https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/news/45348/richard-thomp

Oh, and forcing them out worked a treat, didn't it? The good times certainly began to roll once they were gone.
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 08:50 - Mar 16 with 1652 viewspaulparker

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 22:29 - Mar 15 by NW5Hoop

Richard Thompson didn't dismantle the team. The 90s team that everyone raves on about was largely assembled under his watch. Worth revisiting the interview with him that appeared here. https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/news/45348/richard-thomp

Oh, and forcing them out worked a treat, didn't it? The good times certainly began to roll once they were gone.

Ok so why were they replaced with the likes of Devon white , Steve Yates and Steve hodge then ? If Thompson wasn’t intent on asset stripping why did we not go for the likes of alex Rae , a Kenny Cunningham or a Stan collymoore , why was Gerry always fighting with one arm tied behind his back , as I said earlier we were 3 signings from competing for the title, or the cups or even Europe when Wilkins got injured we had Maurice Doyle ffs ,
We had the one of the best teams in Europe at that point but it was as asset stripped for Thompson’s greed the club has never recovered from it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 09:19 - Mar 16 with 1629 viewsNW5Hoop

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 08:50 - Mar 16 by paulparker

Ok so why were they replaced with the likes of Devon white , Steve Yates and Steve hodge then ? If Thompson wasn’t intent on asset stripping why did we not go for the likes of alex Rae , a Kenny Cunningham or a Stan collymoore , why was Gerry always fighting with one arm tied behind his back , as I said earlier we were 3 signings from competing for the title, or the cups or even Europe when Wilkins got injured we had Maurice Doyle ffs ,
We had the one of the best teams in Europe at that point but it was as asset stripped for Thompson’s greed the club has never recovered from it

Devon White wasn't a replacement for anyone. He was back up. All the money from the Ferdinand sale went to Wilkins to spend. Not Thompson's fault he spent it so badly. And if you're citing Alex Rae as a player who would have taken us to titles, perhaps you can show me all the silverware in his collection. And Collymore? Honestly? You think he would have chosen us above Liverpool when Ferdinand went? Blimey, I'd have gone to Liverpool instead, and I'm a season ticket holder.

The case against Thompson largely rests on selling Sinton and Peacock in the same season. Sinton was adequately replaced. Peacock, it turns out, wasn't. But you forget that Steve Yates was quite a big money signing for a lower division player. It wasn't as if we were signing a piece of rubbish. Francis had faith in him.

I would have the Thompsons over any owner since them in a heartbeat.

Among the players brought in while they ran the club: Bardsley, Wilson, Wilkins, Sinclair, Peacock, Stejskal, Wegerle, Andy Gray, Sinton, Penrice … doesn't look quite so bad when you frame it like that, does it?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 10:26]
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 10:42 - Mar 16 with 1593 viewspaulparker

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 09:19 - Mar 16 by NW5Hoop

Devon White wasn't a replacement for anyone. He was back up. All the money from the Ferdinand sale went to Wilkins to spend. Not Thompson's fault he spent it so badly. And if you're citing Alex Rae as a player who would have taken us to titles, perhaps you can show me all the silverware in his collection. And Collymore? Honestly? You think he would have chosen us above Liverpool when Ferdinand went? Blimey, I'd have gone to Liverpool instead, and I'm a season ticket holder.

The case against Thompson largely rests on selling Sinton and Peacock in the same season. Sinton was adequately replaced. Peacock, it turns out, wasn't. But you forget that Steve Yates was quite a big money signing for a lower division player. It wasn't as if we were signing a piece of rubbish. Francis had faith in him.

Among the players brought in while they ran the club: Bardsley, Wilson, Wilkins, Sinclair, Peacock, Stejskal, Wegerle, Andy Gray, Sinton, Penrice … doesn't look quite so bad when you frame it like that, does it?

Devin white wasn’t the bloke who was going to make us challenge either was he , he was a replacement when les was injured , collymoore was at Southend, Palace in 92/93 and is someone we should of been looking as a replacement for Les who Thompson was always going to sell
As for Alex Rae I’m using him again as a an example of a player who could have slotted in if Barker or Wilkins couldn’t play a solid player instead of Maurice Doyle who couldn’t trap cement
As for the players you mentioned
Stejskal was a replacement for seamen who we sold
Peacock was an astute bobby Gould signing as we were in serious trouble due to our injury crisis we then sold Parker the season after
Sinclair was down to Gerry but again was a replacement for sinton
Wilson and Beardsley were 2 cheap journey men midfield signings who were just there as back up until Gerry made them the players they were , they were not marquee signings whatsoever
The crux of it is Thompson asset stripped us and it was only the genius of Francis and Howe who made chicken salad out of chickensh1t that made us dominant his luck ran out when Wilkins was manager

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 10:47 - Mar 16 with 1589 viewsqprewan

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 08:50 - Mar 16 by paulparker

No it didn't end well; as another poster said the rot set in when Gregory sold the club and the Thompson's carried on with the job. Once Les Ferdinand was sold apparently against his will then the message was loud and clear that we had no ambition and of course others followed. Oh and we reinvested in who exactly? Ned Zelic and Mark Hateley who do remind me scored how many goals? Do me a favour xx
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 10:56 - Mar 16 with 1580 viewsNW5Hoop

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 10:47 - Mar 16 by qprewan

No it didn't end well; as another poster said the rot set in when Gregory sold the club and the Thompson's carried on with the job. Once Les Ferdinand was sold apparently against his will then the message was loud and clear that we had no ambition and of course others followed. Oh and we reinvested in who exactly? Ned Zelic and Mark Hateley who do remind me scored how many goals? Do me a favour xx

Ferdinand was sold a year later than he wanted to be, having been persuaded to stay an extra year. Wilkins was given all the money from the sale and wasted it. I don't see how that was Thompson's fault.

I know loads of you hate Thompson, but the facts are: QPR were wildly successful when he ran the club, and stayed afloat. I don't see how anyone can see that as a bad thing.
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 11:02 - Mar 16 with 1574 viewsNW5Hoop

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 10:42 - Mar 16 by paulparker

Devin white wasn’t the bloke who was going to make us challenge either was he , he was a replacement when les was injured , collymoore was at Southend, Palace in 92/93 and is someone we should of been looking as a replacement for Les who Thompson was always going to sell
As for Alex Rae I’m using him again as a an example of a player who could have slotted in if Barker or Wilkins couldn’t play a solid player instead of Maurice Doyle who couldn’t trap cement
As for the players you mentioned
Stejskal was a replacement for seamen who we sold
Peacock was an astute bobby Gould signing as we were in serious trouble due to our injury crisis we then sold Parker the season after
Sinclair was down to Gerry but again was a replacement for sinton
Wilson and Beardsley were 2 cheap journey men midfield signings who were just there as back up until Gerry made them the players they were , they were not marquee signings whatsoever
The crux of it is Thompson asset stripped us and it was only the genius of Francis and Howe who made chicken salad out of chickensh1t that made us dominant his luck ran out when Wilkins was manager

Yes, those players were replacements. But they were good replacements.

On this whole Collymore thing. Why would we have signed a replacement for Les two years before we sold him? We sold him in 95. That year Collymore went to Liverpool. Where he was in 93 is irrelevant to replacing Ferdinand. Just as Devon White was not a replacement for Ferdinand. He was a very short term back up (at the time we had first choice strikers, in Ferdinand plus one of Penrice or Allen). And he did that job superbly: nine goals in 17 starts.

On the "always going to sell Les" thing. Yes. And Les was always going to leave. So were the other players. They left us to go to much bigger clubs. That's what happens everywhere. Do you honestly think Peacock and Les didn't want to go to Newcastle? Or that Sinton didn't want to go to Wednesday or Arsenal? Or that Seaman didn't want to go to Arsenal? Or Parker didn't want to to Man U? Seriously?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 16:39]
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 11:32 - Mar 16 with 1558 viewsBostonR

Your post is flawed in so many ways. We already have wealthy owners so why would they sell to another wealthy owner? APAC consortiums normally standby their investment and clearly the current Board have stated that is their intention, unless an offer is made they cannot refuse. I don’t see that happening soon.
The training ground is a done deal and I assume the various preliminary surveys and investigations are being undertaken. On bullying the Council, TF was bang on in calling them out and since then total silence - typical local authority behaviour. It’s about money and how much the Council can squeeze out of QPR to fill their empty coffers.
The Board will have been advised to stay at the table and push the Council on next steps - that is how it works. The club are trying to build a stadium in one of the wealthiest areas in Europe. The ground is our deposit in the deal. The owners have access to huge amounts of equity so in that respect we are in good hands.
On the playing side - yes mistakes have been made and paid for. If we stay up what price the owners having a crack at a Wolves like spending spree given a number of clubs have FFP implications. One thing is absolutely certain - the current owners have the money.
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 12:10 - Mar 16 with 1543 viewsqprewan

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 09:19 - Mar 16 by NW5Hoop

One thing that does stand out and I suspect most of us may agree on this is how much superior our scouting and recruitment was back then compared to now!
To list a few: Les Ferdinand from Hayes, Impey -Yeading, Paul Parker from Fulham (then a 3rd division team) Sinton and Rowlands -Brentford, Stainrod- Oldham, Johnny Byrne -York City, Peacock-grimsby Town, Trevor Sinclair- Blackpool , and many many more..why on earth did we stop doing this? Our Scouting system now appears to be a complete shambles
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 13:41 - Mar 16 with 1462 viewsdavman

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 11:32 - Mar 16 by BostonR

Your post is flawed in so many ways. We already have wealthy owners so why would they sell to another wealthy owner? APAC consortiums normally standby their investment and clearly the current Board have stated that is their intention, unless an offer is made they cannot refuse. I don’t see that happening soon.
The training ground is a done deal and I assume the various preliminary surveys and investigations are being undertaken. On bullying the Council, TF was bang on in calling them out and since then total silence - typical local authority behaviour. It’s about money and how much the Council can squeeze out of QPR to fill their empty coffers.
The Board will have been advised to stay at the table and push the Council on next steps - that is how it works. The club are trying to build a stadium in one of the wealthiest areas in Europe. The ground is our deposit in the deal. The owners have access to huge amounts of equity so in that respect we are in good hands.
On the playing side - yes mistakes have been made and paid for. If we stay up what price the owners having a crack at a Wolves like spending spree given a number of clubs have FFP implications. One thing is absolutely certain - the current owners have the money.

More likely that the FL will do FA for those that breach FFP, our guys see that as a green light to spend, we fail to go up by a single point and then lose to Derby to a last minute goal after they go down to 10 men and we dominate the game. Next season, FL decide to actually uphold the rules and throw the rule book at us for cheating again.

Face if, we are a broken club; nowhere to go now...

Can we go out yet?

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 17:04 - Mar 16 with 1392 viewsrsonist

Woof. Click through for his reasoning.
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 18:39 - Mar 16 with 1346 viewsPunteR

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 17:04 - Mar 16 by rsonist

Woof. Click through for his reasoning.

Yeh that's it.. have a moan on twitter about us message boarders .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024