Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protests - The Thompson Family. 11:08 - Mar 14 with 8339 viewsJJB

Serious question to QPR fans who are old enough to remember.

Why did we protest so strongly against The Thompson Family when they were in charge of us?

There is a reason I ask this but before I reveal why I ask, I would like your opinion on the above.

Thanks in advance.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 20:25 - Mar 16 with 1446 viewsrsonist

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 18:39 - Mar 16 by PunteR

Yeh that's it.. have a moan on twitter about us message boarders .

He isn't...
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 22:37 - Mar 16 with 1336 viewsPunteR

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 20:25 - Mar 16 by rsonist

He isn't...

Yes he is. Followed by spending the rest of his morning arguing on twitter.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 23:54 - Mar 16 with 1293 viewsqprxtc

We ask for more than we will ever get.
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 00:16 - Mar 17 with 1288 viewsNW5Hoop

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 22:37 - Mar 16 by PunteR

Yes he is. Followed by spending the rest of his morning arguing on twitter.

No I wasn't. I was moaning about my own stupidity in having the argument. And then I couldn't leave it alone.
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 06:35 - Mar 17 with 1229 viewsPunteR

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 00:16 - Mar 17 by NW5Hoop

No I wasn't. I was moaning about my own stupidity in having the argument. And then I couldn't leave it alone.

Whats stupid about arguing on a messageboard?

I was just saying you questioned spending time arguing on here then go and do the same on twitter. Just thought it was funny.
I was only pulling your leg mate. Im not trying to troll.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 6:47]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 10:06 - Mar 17 with 1159 viewsTGRRRSSS

I think part of the problem is regarding Scouts etc, is you'll get better scouts and less good ones. We appear to get less good ones.

People mention Impey, Sinclair, Ferdinand for example and they are brilliant examples, but not everyone will do that, and the patience today is far less than back then.

People keep saying they want us to bring in young cheap talent, develop and sell, to some degree isnt that what we did in the Thompson era?

Here is an interview with Thompson from LFW in 2017

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/news/45348/richard-thomp
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 15:48 - Mar 17 with 1088 viewskensalriser

It's not so much the scouting, more that large PL clubs hoover up most of the emerging talent and everyone else is feeding off scraps.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 17:22 - Mar 17 with 1040 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yes thats a major problem, loking at Chelsea and Man City (amongst others)

I saw a piece on Guardiola criticising Sancho saying he "didn't want to fight for a place at City" and went to Dortmund, considering how well it's going for him, I'd say how about Pep wait till Foden comes through at least?

Properly that is like Sancho has in Germany.

I thought the comments were typical of the top level PL who think they are doing such a brilliant job with young talent but then will not develop it to PL level, and Pep to a degree is doing this as much as anyone else.

The thing with Chelsea is ridiculous with so many out on loan. Obviously they do well to develop but as they won't really give youth a chance properly due to how they are run, then really you need to make that leap like a few have going abroad etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 19:45 - Mar 17 with 978 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've said I before on here, but I look back on that period with something between uncertainty and regret.

I was one of the main movers against Thompson, was involved in the protests, attended the meetings, met Thompson and Co. and generally did whatever the fans wanted us to do.

Why? Because that's what the fans wanted.
Wise? We'll never know. We were going downhill under Thompson towards the end and were never going to win anything

I think it's unwise to judge Thompson's reign by comparing him to the lunatics that followed. But - looking back - I think we made a mistake getting rid of him without knowing what happened next.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 10:02 - Mar 18 with 889 viewsrsonist

Protests - The Thompson Family. on 19:45 - Mar 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I've said I before on here, but I look back on that period with something between uncertainty and regret.

I was one of the main movers against Thompson, was involved in the protests, attended the meetings, met Thompson and Co. and generally did whatever the fans wanted us to do.

Why? Because that's what the fans wanted.
Wise? We'll never know. We were going downhill under Thompson towards the end and were never going to win anything

I think it's unwise to judge Thompson's reign by comparing him to the lunatics that followed. But - looking back - I think we made a mistake getting rid of him without knowing what happened next.

You should have known better than to do anything without the benefit of clairvoyance. For shame.

Seriously though, is there some specific hypothetical safeguard you had in mind? Because it's not as though Wright was some rapacious asset-stripper, or that (like TF) he couldn't have been our ticket to glory if he hadn't have delegated to the wrong people.
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 10:06 - Mar 18 with 885 viewsrsonist

Really surprised McIntyre's Francis Myth theory is going undiscussed here by the way. It's fascinating even if you think he's crackers.
Protests - The Thompson Family. on 12:00 - Mar 18 with 819 viewsTheChef

Bottom line is it's all very well wanting TF out, but who would come in and buy the club? And being QPR, you know we'd end up with the worst kind of asset stripper. Oyston/Allam/Cellino rolled into one. Probably.

Better the devil you know.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024