Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Springbok 19:24 - Mar 20 with 4955 viewsBoston

...forgot to mention this last week but...half a dozen of us popped in before the Rotherham game, not sure what the stuff in the plastic glasses was but there wasn't much in the way of beer in it. Jaysus, who goes in there on a regular basis?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Springbok on 19:36 - Mar 20 with 4273 viewsLythamR

I think its regularly shut these days, might just be open on matchdays now to "service" the faithful
The Springbok on 20:00 - Mar 20 with 4211 viewssmegma

The Springbok on 19:36 - Mar 20 by LythamR

I think its regularly shut these days, might just be open on matchdays now to "service" the faithful

I hear it s now a 'hotel' and only opens on matchday.
The Springbok on 20:29 - Mar 20 with 4137 viewscolinallcars

With the Smuts and the Springbok gone that would have been a disaster in the days when most folk on the WCE liked a drink.
The Springbok on 20:51 - Mar 20 with 4075 viewsonlyrinmoray

When I was down for the Stoke game, in the evening I went back to my local when I was a teenager The Crown in Northolt on a reminiscence trip. Im afraid to say it hasn't worn well had a pint and a rubbish gammon and chips and left

Fings aren't wot they used to be
The Springbok on 21:34 - Mar 20 with 3949 viewsRog

The Springbok on 20:51 - Mar 20 by onlyrinmoray

When I was down for the Stoke game, in the evening I went back to my local when I was a teenager The Crown in Northolt on a reminiscence trip. Im afraid to say it hasn't worn well had a pint and a rubbish gammon and chips and left

I think the Crown lives on OAP's having cheap lunches these days. With the Plough burnt down and the Load of Hay now a Harvester it's not much of a choice.
The Springbok on 21:52 - Mar 20 with 3915 viewscolinallcars

Goes for most areas. Lots of pubs turned into flats or shops, most of the rest have become mimsy little gastropubs. It's very dispiriting.
The Springbok on 21:53 - Mar 20 with 3915 viewsBoston

On an upbeat note...my first local, the Green Man in Wembley, is looking rather good. Popped in for drinks a couple of weeks ago and was quite happy to idle away the hours.

The Springbok on 22:10 - Mar 20 with 3881 viewsonlyrinmoray

A pub that still does it for me is the Haven Arms in Ealing Broadway I've been there couple of times on trips down Memorably after the play off final I used to go there occasionally in my youth It's a local for Crouchy I believe
Login to get fewer ads

The Springbok on 22:32 - Mar 20 with 3830 viewsstowmarketrange

The Springbok on 22:10 - Mar 20 by onlyrinmoray

A pub that still does it for me is the Haven Arms in Ealing Broadway I've been there couple of times on trips down Memorably after the play off final I used to go there occasionally in my youth It's a local for Crouchy I believe

Let’s hope he doesn’t have a skinful and decide to walk home because it’s a long way to Burnley from there,even with 5 foot long legs.
The Springbok on 09:20 - Mar 21 with 3482 viewsMick_S

Was John, John the curling tong, serving behind the bar? Regarding the Load of Hay, I think I almost got killed about 10 times in there when I was a yout.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Springbok on 09:49 - Mar 21 with 3419 viewsRblockPrior

I can't see the White Horse lasting much longer, council cutting the amount they can have in on a match day, could be to do with Tesco wanting to extend possibly (money talks)

I do like it in there match days though, for years we loved going to the Springbok every game however the prices in there are ridiculous now

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

The Springbok on 10:49 - Mar 21 with 3316 viewscolinallcars

The Springbok on 09:20 - Mar 21 by Mick_S

Was John, John the curling tong, serving behind the bar? Regarding the Load of Hay, I think I almost got killed about 10 times in there when I was a yout.

No trouble in the Builders n Hammersmith where I used to drink, but one day a cockroach was running along the bar. The barman trapped it in a glass and disposed of it. Seconds later a bloke walked in “pint o' bitter please” The barman served the beer in the same glass he'd used on the cockroach.
The Springbok on 14:01 - Mar 21 with 3096 viewsBoston

The Springbok on 09:49 - Mar 21 by RblockPrior

I can't see the White Horse lasting much longer, council cutting the amount they can have in on a match day, could be to do with Tesco wanting to extend possibly (money talks)

I do like it in there match days though, for years we loved going to the Springbok every game however the prices in there are ridiculous now

White Horse has a steady drinking crowd throughout the day.

The Springbok on 14:26 - Mar 21 with 3056 viewsBuckR

The Springbok on 14:01 - Mar 21 by Boston

White Horse has a steady drinking crowd throughout the day.

As well as a 24/7 chemist selling pharmaceuticals in the bogs
The Springbok on 18:11 - Mar 22 with 2636 viewsBoston

The Springbok on 09:49 - Mar 21 by RblockPrior

Yes sir, to rub it in that pint o’ piss is five quid a pint.

The Springbok on 20:17 - Mar 22 with 2536 viewsqprxtc

I may be the only human being that ever got asked to leave The White ‘Orse.
The Springbok on 20:21 - Mar 22 with 2528 viewsdistortR

The Springbok on 20:17 - Mar 22 by qprxtc

I may be the only human being that ever got asked to leave The White ‘Orse.

you're not mate.
The Springbok on 08:27 - Mar 24 with 1994 viewssmegma

The Springbok on 20:21 - Mar 22 by distortR

you're not mate.

William Shakespeare went in there and the barmaid shouted "get out of my pub, you're Bard"
The Springbok on 08:29 - Mar 24 with 1986 viewscolinallcars

I saw Vincent Van Gogh in there and asked him if he wanted a pint. He said no, I've got one ear.
The Springbok on 08:39 - Mar 24 with 1971 viewsflynnbo

I got thrown out of there once by a French barman and all I'd done was to eat a pickled egg after having downed a few pints. When I asked him why he said I'd had an oeuf .
The Springbok on 16:41 - Mar 24 with 1781 viewsrobith

Holy moly, given some of the things I've seen in there, what on earth do you have to do to get asked to leave the White Horse!
The Springbok on 16:58 - Mar 24 with 1754 viewsstowmarketrange

The Springbok on 16:41 - Mar 24 by robith

Holy moly, given some of the things I've seen in there, what on earth do you have to do to get asked to leave the White Horse!

Not having the required £3.75 for a pint of Guinness would be a start.Not that you could get lost in the crowds in there anymore.
The Springbok on 19:39 - Mar 24 with 1630 viewsdistortR

The Springbok on 16:41 - Mar 24 by robith

everton nf
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 19:40]
The Springbok on 21:00 - Mar 24 with 1563 viewsBoston

Two thoughts, a/ would the Isle of Man be a hotbed of Liverpool and Everton fans?
b/ isn't it time that people like you, complicit with the existence of a grossly sexist, misogynistic, discriminatory, patriarchal, androcentric and prejudicial 'man island', get with the modern world, maahn.

The Springbok on 23:26 - Mar 24 with 1488 viewsNortholt_Rs

The Springbok on 09:20 - Mar 21 by Mick_S

The Load of Hay was always a proper dodgy boozer...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024