Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. 12:02 - Mar 23 with 5878 viewsrunningman75

Was coming back from work last night and stopping to my parents for dinner so different journey. Rush hour so overground train I went on was fairly busy. Saw a guy with a QPR tracksuit top ( QPR badge the one created when Briatore was there). He was standing up, walked past and gave a U R's comment. He looked at me blankly and I also commented about QPR more blank looks or maybe tired Friday night from the week. He either did not want to engage with me or had bought the top at a charity shop.
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 12:26 - Mar 23 with 3734 viewskensalriser

Perhaps he'd taken it from his last victim.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 16:52 - Mar 23 with 3550 viewsHoopstar

I do sometimes - thought most often when abroad! Tend to be a mixed bunch of responses. I rarely wear QPR gear apart from at the gym, tend to be lost in my world so often taken by surprise when someone shouts out U Rs,

Going on the bus through Cricklewood the other day and there was a lady stood by the bus stop in full QPR kit, socks pulled up and everything! It was a bit Liverpool-esque but fair kop to her.
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 17:03 - Mar 23 with 3531 viewsJAPRANGERS

I acknowledge myself if I catch sight of myself in the mirror. Hope that helps??
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 17:05 - Mar 23 with 3527 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I always do but not that often around here as you can imagine.
Usually ends up with a chat though.
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 17:12 - Mar 23 with 3498 viewscolinallcars

I always do, but have been embarrased whilst on holiday and becomng friendly with someone and eventually finding out they are Chelsea fans.
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 17:29 - Mar 23 with 3464 viewsrunningman75

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 17:12 - Mar 23 by colinallcars

I always do, but have been embarrased whilst on holiday and becomng friendly with someone and eventually finding out they are Chelsea fans.

Was on a stag weekend. Chatting to 2 attractive females, one was a Chelski fan and one was a Brentford fan.
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 19:08 - Mar 23 with 3327 viewshubble

I had exactly the same response from very similar sounding individual also on the overground - must be the same miserable sod.
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 20:02 - Mar 23 with 3249 views2Thomas2Bowles

No
Horrible lot.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 20:29 - Mar 23 with 3200 viewsdixiedean

YES without fail . In fact just got an Indian takeaway in Gerrards Cross and there were 2 blokes in the waiting area talking abut Rs . Just HAD to chime in ! Lots of Rs in south Bucks . Best thing is running and getting URs shouts , especially if on enemy territory !
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 21:26 - Mar 23 with 3118 viewsNorthernr

Got a big “you r’s” on my run this morning coming through Arnos Grove. Made my day. Did 12 miles instead of 8, which my knees now regret.
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 21:39 - Mar 23 with 3102 viewsDorse

I get a lot of 'You Rs' comments. At least, I think that's what they're saying.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 22:32 - Mar 23 with 3033 viewssmegma

In 2008 I had arranged to meet Danehoop in Beijing. He said meet outside his work. As I approached his workplace, the armed guard outside the British Embassy nearly had a seizure when I shouted "you R's..." at the top of my voice. I thought he was going to shoot me !!!
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 22:40 - Mar 23 with 3024 viewsE17hoop

Gave a big URsss to a guy in a QPR shirt who went past me near Rotherhithe in the Big Half marathon the other week.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 22:59 - Mar 23 with 2996 viewsPunteR

Always.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 06:50 - Mar 24 with 2871 viewss1cRanger

Used to acknowledge fellow fans whenever I see them or hear QPR being mentioned but most of the time get some snide remark back. Won't bother any more as most people are just too self absorbed to be nice to each other
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 08:46 - Mar 24 with 2760 viewsHantsR

On the motorway I usually sound my horn and flash my headlights when I spot Rs fans. Sadly all I usually get back is a single or double digit response.

Maybe I should show my allegiance somewhere on my car?
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 08:56 - Mar 24 with 2743 viewsozexile

There's a fella here in Sydney who I've seen twice in a Rangers top. First time I gave him a U R's and was totally blanked. Second time i approached him and asked him how he supports us and he brushed me. Very rude.
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 09:05 - Mar 24 with 2728 viewskomradkirk

Saw a few QPR fans coming and going from Belfast Airport,a few have blanked us completely which i think may be down to the company i keep
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 10:13 - Mar 24 with 2679 viewsenfieldargh

Was driving through Windermere Lake district last summer , saw a large group of you people one of who was wearing a qpr shirt, shouted out the car window as I drove past gave out a massive U'rs, he span round and waved the others all looked up into the sky.

When my kids were younger would go to theme parks always saw qpr shirts and gave a U'rs, and trained my long suffering kids to do likewise

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 10:52 - Mar 24 with 2635 viewshubble

If you think about it, if someone is out in public wearing a shirt that advertises their affiliation to all and sundry, it's rather strange that they would then not want it to be acknowledged..
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 11:16 - Mar 24 with 2619 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 17:12 - Mar 23 by colinallcars

I hope you thoroughly disinfected yourself after this unfortunate business
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 11:59 - Mar 24 with 2589 viewsNW5Hoop

Once did it at the Guardian to Michael Gove. It was 7am, and he'd come in with his special adviser for an early meeting, I presume with the editor. They were walking up the stairs, I was walking down. He had on a QPR scarf. I shouted "You Rs!" His special adviser, presumably thinking I had shouted "You arse!", stepped towards me, as if to fend me away. Gove said, "No, no! It's all right! It's a QPR thing."

Wish I had shouted "You arse!", to be honest.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 12:00]
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 14:38 - Mar 24 with 2452 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 06:50 - Mar 24 by s1cRanger

Used to acknowledge fellow fans whenever I see them or hear QPR being mentioned but most of the time get some snide remark back. Won't bother any more as most people are just too self absorbed to be nice to each other

I've never had that. Doesn't sound like our normal supporters who seem a friendly lot to me.
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 14:56 - Mar 24 with 2440 viewsBoston

I'll usually chat to any R's I bump into, though I'm not the big roar 'U R's' type of bloke, more of a masonic handshake, nod and a wink.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 16:51 - Mar 24 with 2345 viewsDejR_vu

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 11:59 - Mar 24 by NW5Hoop

Once did it at the Guardian to Michael Gove. It was 7am, and he'd come in with his special adviser for an early meeting, I presume with the editor. They were walking up the stairs, I was walking down. He had on a QPR scarf. I shouted "You Rs!" His special adviser, presumably thinking I had shouted "You arse!", stepped towards me, as if to fend me away. Gove said, "No, no! It's all right! It's a QPR thing."

Wish I had shouted "You arse!", to be honest.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 12:00]

He’ll be able to paint the crest on the door of No 10 soon, and do PMQs in his Guinness shirt.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 16:58]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024