Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ing-ger-land 21:05 - Mar 25 with 6826 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Happy times.
Ing-ger-land on 21:37 - Mar 25 with 4453 viewssmegma

The next game will be more testing than these two games against glorified pub teams.
Ing-ger-land on 21:44 - Mar 25 with 4430 viewsStanisgod

The defence still worries me big time.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Ing-ger-land on 21:50 - Mar 25 with 4402 viewsBoston

Ing-ger-land on 21:37 - Mar 25 by smegma

The next game will be more testing than these two games against glorified pub teams.

Monty Blacks Kick in the Baltics Eleven.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ing-ger-land on 22:03 - Mar 25 with 4380 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Dutch in the UEFA thing semi-final?

Well they ought to be really, it's a semi-final. But they did just lose to the Germans and both of them are about 10 places below England in the FIFA rankings (OK, I know, but when was the last time they were, eh?)

First time we've scored 5 in two successive matches since the run-up to Mexico '84 apparently, when Gazza first made his mark.

Taking apart the opposition in the group stages, 18 year olds getting into the side, Sterling finally coming good - personally I'm just enjoying it. Done plenty of moaning about England in my time, I'm giving it a rest.
Ing-ger-land on 23:11 - Mar 25 with 4247 viewsAntti_Heinola

The sort of teams we've struggled against in the not too distant past.
I'll take these shellackings and enjoy them! You can only beat what's in front of you etc.

Bare bones.

Ing-ger-land on 23:12 - Mar 25 with 4244 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ing-ger-land on 22:03 - Mar 25 by CiderwithRsie

The Dutch in the UEFA thing semi-final?

Well they ought to be really, it's a semi-final. But they did just lose to the Germans and both of them are about 10 places below England in the FIFA rankings (OK, I know, but when was the last time they were, eh?)

First time we've scored 5 in two successive matches since the run-up to Mexico '84 apparently, when Gazza first made his mark.

Taking apart the opposition in the group stages, 18 year olds getting into the side, Sterling finally coming good - personally I'm just enjoying it. Done plenty of moaning about England in my time, I'm giving it a rest.

Great third para there Cider... Gazza didn't make his debut until 89 I think, and Mexico was in 86 ;)
Love, the pesky pedant
x

Bare bones.

Ing-ger-land on 23:15 - Mar 25 with 4241 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I picked England to make the Semi Final of the last WC at a Christmas party 6 months before the competition and I nearly got laughed out of the pub.I see them being a real threat at the Euros and if they get rolling look out .
Ing-ger-land on 23:54 - Mar 25 with 4189 viewsSydneyRs

Ing-ger-land on 23:11 - Mar 25 by Antti_Heinola

The sort of teams we've struggled against in the not too distant past.
I'll take these shellackings and enjoy them! You can only beat what's in front of you etc.

Oh for the good old days of 2 shots on target and scraping a 1-1 with an 87th minute Rooney penalty.

The amount of talent coming through the youth system is superb and we can now match it technically with the best which is something we always lacked in the past. The manager is not afraid to look beyond the big 4 either. Seriously, what's not to like? This is no time for negativity.

5-1 is what good teams should do to this type of opposition but very often don't. After going a goal down too, credit where it is due.
Login to get fewer ads

Ing-ger-land on 00:28 - Mar 26 with 4155 viewsHunterhoop

This team is also quite likeable and quite professional.

Sterling, for example, is not just one of the best players in the team (and one of the better players in Europe), he also appears to be a sensible, fairly articulate young man. Good on him. Given all the stick he’s taken, i’m genuinely pleased for him.

England are one of the best teams in the world. Improve that defence a bit and we are the team to fear in the Euros.
Ing-ger-land on 01:19 - Mar 26 with 4140 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ing-ger-land on 23:12 - Mar 25 by Antti_Heinola

Great third para there Cider... Gazza didn't make his debut until 89 I think, and Mexico was in 86 ;)
Love, the pesky pedant
x

God yeah, the Robson years have blurred together in a sort of Gazza/Lineker-hat-trick/David-Platt splurge.

It was a bloody long time ago, and I've lost a lot of brain cells since, is I think the point!
Ing-ger-land on 01:26 - Mar 26 with 4132 viewsbob566

Ing-ger-land on 23:54 - Mar 25 by SydneyRs

Oh for the good old days of 2 shots on target and scraping a 1-1 with an 87th minute Rooney penalty.

The amount of talent coming through the youth system is superb and we can now match it technically with the best which is something we always lacked in the past. The manager is not afraid to look beyond the big 4 either. Seriously, what's not to like? This is no time for negativity.

5-1 is what good teams should do to this type of opposition but very often don't. After going a goal down too, credit where it is due.

As an irish fan im jealous. Your second last point is the telling one though. How many previous managers would have included sturridge and wellbeck because of who they play for. Not southgate. Players there om merit regardless of their clubs
Ing-ger-land on 02:27 - Mar 26 with 4108 viewsrsonist

Ing-ger-land on 21:44 - Mar 25 by Stanisgod

The defence still worries me big time.

Shouldn't think we'll be seeing anything like this line-up at the back next summer and beyond - maybe not even this summer. Gomez and Stones, probably TAA and Chilwell either side...

Never be rock solid though. Gomez aside they've all got a rick in them and no proper top class protection in front of them individually or as a collective unit. Hate to support the strong getting stronger but Southgate could really do with Guardiola getting his hands on Rice.
Ing-ger-land on 05:20 - Mar 26 with 4066 viewstimcocking

I say, we've run absolutely amok! Blimey.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 5:20]
Ing-ger-land on 06:54 - Mar 26 with 4022 viewsMrSheen

Last night’s game just reinforces what a great format the Nations League is. I saw a few minutes of Montenegro’s first game, and Bulgaria are even worse.

I think all we are lacking is a crafty number 10, who can open up a packed and organised defence if we need a goal late in a game. But if we get a goal up, there’s so much pace they will cut anyone to shreds on the break.
Ing-ger-land on 07:04 - Mar 26 with 4004 viewstraininvain

Just a shame another good performance was marred by our players being racially abused again. Its about time UEFA / FIFA did something about it. Always seems to be the same countries. They need to issue stadium bans.

Sterling's comments show his maturity on and off the pitch. He's becoming a leader despite his relatively young age. Proud of the players for reacting in the right way.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/26/raheem-sterling-england-montene
Ing-ger-land on 07:26 - Mar 26 with 3968 viewsstowmarketrange

Ing-ger-land on 07:04 - Mar 26 by traininvain

Just a shame another good performance was marred by our players being racially abused again. Its about time UEFA / FIFA did something about it. Always seems to be the same countries. They need to issue stadium bans.

Sterling's comments show his maturity on and off the pitch. He's becoming a leader despite his relatively young age. Proud of the players for reacting in the right way.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/26/raheem-sterling-england-montene

Until we can eradicate it from our grounds entirely we have little room for complaint.
I know that it’s still isolated incidents here,but that doesn’t make it right that it still happens occasionally.
If only we could close Stamford bridge for a while.
Ing-ger-land on 07:44 - Mar 26 with 3943 viewssmegma

Ing-ger-land on 06:54 - Mar 26 by MrSheen

Last night’s game just reinforces what a great format the Nations League is. I saw a few minutes of Montenegro’s first game, and Bulgaria are even worse.

I think all we are lacking is a crafty number 10, who can open up a packed and organised defence if we need a goal late in a game. But if we get a goal up, there’s so much pace they will cut anyone to shreds on the break.

Dele Alli wore 10
Ing-ger-land on 08:47 - Mar 26 with 3884 viewsMrSheen

Ing-ger-land on 07:44 - Mar 26 by smegma

Dele Alli wore 10

He’s a fine player, but if he could play like Eriksen...
Ing-ger-land on 09:28 - Mar 26 with 3811 viewsplasmahoop

It made a nice change to actually have a couple of enjoyable qualification games. The past all merges into one for me a bit, but I'm sure there have been plenty of dull, workmanlike games in the past. Last two times apparently we drew here. Yes the defence looks a bit shake, but we look great going forwards and to win twice so easily is great
Ing-ger-land on 09:29 - Mar 26 with 3803 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fcking hell. With every silver lining there is a cloud.
Ing-ger-land on 09:30 - Mar 26 with 3798 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ing-ger-land on 00:28 - Mar 26 by Hunterhoop

This team is also quite likeable and quite professional.

Sterling, for example, is not just one of the best players in the team (and one of the better players in Europe), he also appears to be a sensible, fairly articulate young man. Good on him. Given all the stick he’s taken, i’m genuinely pleased for him.

England are one of the best teams in the world. Improve that defence a bit and we are the team to fear in the Euros.

Who needs a defence? We can just win 5-4.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 9:34]
Ing-ger-land on 09:31 - Mar 26 with 3794 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Ing-ger-land on 07:04 - Mar 26 by traininvain

100% agree. It always seems to be the same countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/15/chelsea-face-partial-stadium-cl
Ing-ger-land on 09:32 - Mar 26 with 3792 viewsDorse

Happy days for England - really solid performance last night. Great play from Rice in front of the back four and both Sterling and Hudson-Odoi looked controlled and classy. Kane mixed it up well too: their centrebacks never knew whether to stick or twist all night!

I can't help but like Maguire. He reminds me of Tony Adams in some ways: limited but extremely effective. Adams always looked better with Campbell alongside him rather than Pallister, and I think Maguire will benefit from having Stones as a partner in the longer term.

Southgate has really got the chops for this. Prepared to ignore big names or reputations in favour of talent and determination but not at the risk of unbalancing the team. I also like the (un)subtle message to the likes Chelsea: he is good enough for England - looks like he would be better off playing somewhere else.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ing-ger-land on 09:34 - Mar 26 with 3784 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ing-ger-land on 09:32 - Mar 26 by Dorse

Happy days for England - really solid performance last night. Great play from Rice in front of the back four and both Sterling and Hudson-Odoi looked controlled and classy. Kane mixed it up well too: their centrebacks never knew whether to stick or twist all night!

I can't help but like Maguire. He reminds me of Tony Adams in some ways: limited but extremely effective. Adams always looked better with Campbell alongside him rather than Pallister, and I think Maguire will benefit from having Stones as a partner in the longer term.

Southgate has really got the chops for this. Prepared to ignore big names or reputations in favour of talent and determination but not at the risk of unbalancing the team. I also like the (un)subtle message to the likes Chelsea: he is good enough for England - looks like he would be better off playing somewhere else.

RICE CURRIES FAVOUR

You can have that one Red Tops.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 9:35]
Ing-ger-land on 09:50 - Mar 26 with 3742 viewsterryb

Ing-ger-land on 02:27 - Mar 26 by rsonist

Shouldn't think we'll be seeing anything like this line-up at the back next summer and beyond - maybe not even this summer. Gomez and Stones, probably TAA and Chilwell either side...

Never be rock solid though. Gomez aside they've all got a rick in them and no proper top class protection in front of them individually or as a collective unit. Hate to support the strong getting stronger but Southgate could really do with Guardiola getting his hands on Rice.

I think the Palace right back could make the squad soon & he is possibly the best of a batch of good right backs.

A very good group of young players in the most exciting England team I've ever seen. It's certainly better watching this team than when I regually went to Wembley to see Sir Alf's team!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024