Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EPL clubs complaining 13:59 - Mar 29 with 2597 viewsozranger

How ironical!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/premier-league-clubs-bid-to-stop-teenag
EPL clubs complaining on 14:07 - Mar 29 with 2566 viewsNorthernr

Play them in their first team, they won't want to leave.

There we go, fixed that.
EPL clubs complaining on 14:10 - Mar 29 with 2558 viewsSimonJames

Hopefully they'll see some first team football and be experienced enough to play for England.

100% of people who drink water will die.

EPL clubs complaining on 14:22 - Mar 29 with 2510 viewsSnipper

I could only see the first couple of sentences. Then you have to pay. Any chance somebody can post the column?

It’s funny that they’re crying about foreign teams nicking their players, when that’s exactly what they’re doing to lower league teams.

I hope the youngsters continue to play abroad. It does them and the national team a world of good.
EPL clubs complaining on 14:41 - Mar 29 with 2461 viewsHantsR

EPL clubs complaining on 14:22 - Mar 29 by Snipper

I could only see the first couple of sentences. Then you have to pay. Any chance somebody can post the column?

It’s funny that they’re crying about foreign teams nicking their players, when that’s exactly what they’re doing to lower league teams.

I hope the youngsters continue to play abroad. It does them and the national team a world of good.

There you go - here's an extract:
Premier League clubs are asking Fifa to alter transfer regulations to allow them to offer longer contracts to players under the age of 18.

A number of clubs are increasingly concerned about their most talented youngsters being snapped up by foreign clubs soon after they turn 18. Chelsea are struggling to retain the forward Callum Hudson-Odoi amid interest from Bayern Munich. Under existing rules they were prohibited from tying him down to a long contract until he turned 18 in November.

Fifa’s regulations on the status and transfer of players state that those under 18 can only enter into deals that are less than three seasons long. Given that a professional contract can be signed only on a player’s 17th birthday, it often means that they are contracted for little more than two years, particularly if their birthday falls late in the season.

As a result many of the most talented young players in the country could have little more than 12 months left on their agreement when they turn 18, leaving their clubs vulnerable to the prospect of losing them.

Hudson-Odoi, who impressed on his full England debut in the 5-1 win against Montenegro on Monday, is a case in point. He has not yet started for Chelsea in the Premier League.

Having signed the maximum permitted two-and-a-half-year contract at Chelsea worth £20,000 a week on his 17th birthday in November 2017, he had little more than 18 months left when he was first eligible to sign a longer deal last November.

Chelsea succeeded in holding off Bayern’s interest despite the German club making a £35 million bid in January, but they could lose the England forward on a free transfer at the end of next season if he refuses to sign a new deal before then, which is Hudson-Odoi’s present position.

The Times revealed yesterday that Chelsea would not sell him this summer, but a longer contract signed sooner would have strengthened the club’s hand.

As a result, Premier League clubs are urging Fifa to allow them to protect themselves against such situations, having lost a number of talented youngsters in recent years, particularly given that the compensation available for an international transfer is minimal.

Manchester City have lost Jadon Sancho, the English winger, and Brahim Díaz, the Spanish midfielder, to Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid respectively in the past two years, while Jonathan Panzo, the English defender, left Chelsea for Monaco last year. Kaylen Hinds, the English striker, left Arsenal for Wolfsburg the year before.

Hudson-Odoi impressed on his full England debut against Montenegro on MondayHudson-Odoi impressed on his full England debut against Montenegro on Monday
BORIS PEJOVIC/EPA
City responded to the loss of Sancho and Díaz by giving a six-year contract to the England Under-21 midfielder Phil Foden after his 18th birthday last year, but along with their Premier League rivals they believe that they should be able to offer such long-term contracts at an earlier age.

Fifa is in the middle of conducting an extensive review of the transfer system, which will include introducing a financial institution to track so-called solidarity payments owed to clubs who have trained players in their youth systems.

It is, however, unclear whether the governing body will be willing to grant more flexibility with contracts.

While Brexit should help to prevent Premier League clubs from losing under-18s to overseas clubs – under Fifa rules the only players under 18 who are permitted international transfers are those who move within countries in the European Economic Area – it will not protect them from raids by foreign clubs for players who have turned 18 as their contracts run down.
EPL clubs complaining on 14:50 - Mar 29 with 2440 viewssimmo

EPL clubs complaining on 14:07 - Mar 29 by Northernr

Play them in their first team, they won't want to leave.

There we go, fixed that.

Am I good enough to play? Yes

Will I get a chance? Yes - I'll stay then
No - I'll leave then

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

EPL clubs complaining on 14:57 - Mar 29 with 2412 viewsNorthernr

EPL clubs complaining on 14:50 - Mar 29 by simmo

Am I good enough to play? Yes

Will I get a chance? Yes - I'll stay then
No - I'll leave then

Personally I'm loving seeing all these kids that are rejecting the hoarding and going off to Germany or wherever to find first team football. They should all do it. Too many of them happy to just stick around winning the FA Youth Cup at Chelsea every year, or going on one loan after another into neutral territory. Tammy Abraham should be on his bike as well.
EPL clubs complaining on 15:02 - Mar 29 with 2400 viewsMick_S

EPL clubs complaining on 14:57 - Mar 29 by Northernr

Personally I'm loving seeing all these kids that are rejecting the hoarding and going off to Germany or wherever to find first team football. They should all do it. Too many of them happy to just stick around winning the FA Youth Cup at Chelsea every year, or going on one loan after another into neutral territory. Tammy Abraham should be on his bike as well.

He can't Clive - loves the Villa too much as he proved when he declined Wolves and Premiership football.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

EPL clubs complaining on 15:18 - Mar 29 with 2341 viewsdaveB

If Chelsea lose Hudson-Odi on a free I think I will die laughing
Login to get fewer ads

EPL clubs complaining on 15:25 - Mar 29 with 2309 viewsTacticalR

EPL clubs complaining on 14:22 - Mar 29 by Snipper

The Times lets you read two articles a week for free if you register by email.

Air hostess clique

EPL clubs complaining on 16:00 - Mar 29 with 2205 viewsTW_R

This is all very interesting but I'm surprised no one has asked the most important question.

Why is there a rubber chicken flying over Sancho's head?
EPL clubs complaining on 16:29 - Mar 29 with 2156 viewssmegma

EPL clubs complaining on 15:25 - Mar 29 by TacticalR

The Times lets you read two articles a week for free if you register by email.

Two articles a week for free ????

Where do I sign up ????
EPL clubs complaining on 16:29 - Mar 29 with 2154 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

EPL clubs complaining on 16:00 - Mar 29 by TW_R

This is all very interesting but I'm surprised no one has asked the most important question.

I don’t know the answer to that.

But he’s clucky it didn’t have his head off!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

EPL clubs complaining on 16:29 - Mar 29 with 2147 viewsLongsufferingR

EPL clubs complaining on 16:00 - Mar 29 by TW_R

To get to the other side
EPL clubs complaining on 16:34 - Mar 29 with 2133 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

EPL clubs complaining on 16:29 - Mar 29 by LongsufferingR

To get to the other side

This is no time to make yolks.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

EPL clubs complaining on 16:38 - Mar 29 with 2119 viewssimmo

EPL clubs complaining on 14:57 - Mar 29 by Northernr

Jadon Sancho is an absolute hero for this, having the balls to stick 2 fingers up to Citeh and the chance to play the mandatory minimum games for a PL medal. He turned down staying at home with the best team in the league on better money, to be part of a team that will reward his talent and application with meaningful games.

Guardiola can chat all he wants about Sancho ‘not being willing to stay and fight’ but the fact is he could have been training like Messi, and Citeh still went out and bought Mahrez to sit ahead of him. He still would have got no more than cup games and late game sub appearances when games are wrapped up. Instead, he's tearing the Bundesliga a new one and starting for England.

It’s a great path he’s trodden and he’s shown that leaving the domestic league won’t hinder your progress internationally, quite the opposite. I hope the best players flood the rest of the world now and cnts like Chelsea have to put up with over-priced and over-rated fcks

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

EPL clubs complaining on 12:31 - Mar 30 with 1656 viewsTacticalR

EPL clubs complaining on 16:29 - Mar 29 by smegma

Two articles a week for free ????

Where do I sign up ????

https://help.thetimes.co.uk/Help_TimesArticleDetail?ArticleNumber=000008424&Cate

On the subscribe page it takes you to it looks like they have deliberately made it difficult to find the free registered user offer. You might have to email them. I can just login using the button on the top left, but I already have a registered user login.

(I use a second email for these kinds of logins so my main email doesn't get too clogged up with special offers and notifications.)

Air hostess clique

EPL clubs complaining on 13:47 - Mar 30 with 1602 viewsflynnbo

EPL clubs complaining on 16:38 - Mar 29 by simmo

Jadon Sancho is an absolute hero for this, having the balls to stick 2 fingers up to Citeh and the chance to play the mandatory minimum games for a PL medal. He turned down staying at home with the best team in the league on better money, to be part of a team that will reward his talent and application with meaningful games.

Guardiola can chat all he wants about Sancho ‘not being willing to stay and fight’ but the fact is he could have been training like Messi, and Citeh still went out and bought Mahrez to sit ahead of him. He still would have got no more than cup games and late game sub appearances when games are wrapped up. Instead, he's tearing the Bundesliga a new one and starting for England.

It’s a great path he’s trodden and he’s shown that leaving the domestic league won’t hinder your progress internationally, quite the opposite. I hope the best players flood the rest of the world now and cnts like Chelsea have to put up with over-priced and over-rated fcks

Will also gain invaluable cultural awareness that money can’t buy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024