Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magical 1-0 QPR wins 13:09 - Apr 5 with 2986 viewsDannyPaddox

Somebody in another thread going to the Norwich game mentioned having never seen a magical 1-0 QPR win for a while. Off the top of my head here are my top XI 1-0s.

1974: Ipswich Home. Bad start to the season. They're top. We're bottom. The mullet man makes his mark. 1-0! Francis! And on MOTD. Magic.

1982: WBA Highbury. The Rs have never lost an FA Cup semi-final. And here's the proof. Off Clive Allen's magic arse elbow knee. 1-0 Wemberlee! Magic.

2003: Oldham Play-off. Home. Went to the ground. Walked around a bit. Took the atmosphere in. Couldn't get a ticket. Bought a programme. Went home, rolled a big one, and listened on the radio while watching the floodlights flicker in the distance. I was there in spirit .. man! Magic!

2008: Birmingham Home. They're top we're bottom. Down to 10 men before HT. They look like Ajax. Tommasi looks like a world beater. Di Carmine bosch take that. 1-0 Loftus Road in the snow. Magic

2008: Wolves Home. Old-goldies promotion charge halted in its tracks by lowly QPR. My cold gets the better of me so I stay drinking hot rum in the warm fug of the White Horse watching a rare (for the time) QPR live game. Rowlands. Wallop 1-0. Thank very much. Magic.

2011: Reading Away. A Friday evening in February a day before my birthday. Started early on some Berkshire scrumpy. Faurlin to Routledge ... or was it the other way round. Minty green hoops. 1-0. I think we're going up. Magic!

2011 Everton First away game in top flight for 15 years. Half the team are out with the lurgy. Agyemang plays a lone role up front when most of us didn't realise he was still at the club. Up steps Tommy Smith. Bang! Top man. Lovely old ground Goodison. Love a 1 goal away win. Magic.

2011: Ch*ls** Home 1-0. We all know the story. Having missed the Oldham game this is probably my most memorable Loftus Road Saturday. West London is ours! Magic.

2013: Ch*ls** away. Expecting nothing less than major humiliation. Would've settled for six but not seven please not seven (conceded). Granero corner knocked out of defence to the imperious Adel who lays it off for SWP. Like Debbie McGee assisting Paul Daniels. Now that's what I call magic.

2014: Derby Wembley. Zaaaaammmoooooooooorrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! The word magic doesn't come near.

2019: Leeds Home. A win for them and they're top. Freeman excellent. Great team effort fighting tooth and nail for the manager. 1-0. Love beating that lot. I think we've turned a corner. Indeed we have straight into another brick wall. It's a kind of tragic.

Good luck all making the journey tomorrow. Keep the faith. You Rs!
Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 13:13 - Apr 5 with 2430 viewsNov77

Palace fa cup quarter final 1982?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 13:15 - Apr 5 with 2417 viewsloftboy

Westham home 2004 Mathew Rose

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 13:38 - Apr 5 with 2382 viewsLongsufferingR

Swindon at home 2004 - must win game the week before Hillsborough
Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 13:48 - Apr 5 with 2367 viewsloftus77

1-0 against United in 1986. Johnny Byrne??

Also, 1-0 at a packed LR at home to Spurs - 1989? Mark Falco last minute??
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 13:50]
Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 14:03 - Apr 5 with 2344 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

QPR 1-0 Chelsea 1995 magic hat goal??

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 14:10 - Apr 5 with 2319 viewsCorbyQPR

Leicester at home 2011 - Ishmael Miler. First time I actually though we'd win it!
Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 14:11 - Apr 5 with 2318 viewsJJB

Liverpool at home in The Milk Cup semi final 1986. Terry Fenwick winner. Utter mayhem in the loft.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 14:26 - Apr 5 with 2279 viewsSimonJames

I read somewhere on the BBC website a couple of years ago that Norwich have beaten QPR more times than they have beaten any other team - even Ispwich!

So 0-3 to us then.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 14:36 - Apr 5 with 2259 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Surprised no one has said 1-0 Stoke 2012. Maybe overshadowed by Man City 3-2 but THAT was the game that kept us up. When that corner came in there was an atmosphere in Loftus Road like everyone just know we were going to score. I'd even put the 1-0 win vs Spurs a few weeks before in the same category. Taarabt free kick. Real fight (for once)

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 14:38 - Apr 5 with 2250 viewsMick_S

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 14:36 - Apr 5 by RANGERS4EVER

Surprised no one has said 1-0 Stoke 2012. Maybe overshadowed by Man City 3-2 but THAT was the game that kept us up. When that corner came in there was an atmosphere in Loftus Road like everyone just know we were going to score. I'd even put the 1-0 win vs Spurs a few weeks before in the same category. Taarabt free kick. Real fight (for once)

That was described by a Stoke poster as the best "home mental" he'd ever seen.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 14:40 - Apr 5 with 2244 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 14:38 - Apr 5 by Mick_S

That was described by a Stoke poster as the best "home mental" he'd ever seen.

Not surprised considering Bolton conceded about 30 seconds later!

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 14:59 - Apr 5 with 2200 viewsterryb

Another one to throw into the mix was at home to Preston 2007(?).

I think this was under Gregory & was a major reason why we avoided relegation. Jimmy Smith was definitely playing for us.

Preston were fighting for the play offs & attacked us relentlessly. Somehow we kept them out & Smith should have added to our tally near the end from two breakaways.
Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 15:02 - Apr 5 with 2193 viewsMick_S

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 14:59 - Apr 5 by terryb

Another one to throw into the mix was at home to Preston 2007(?).

I think this was under Gregory & was a major reason why we avoided relegation. Jimmy Smith was definitely playing for us.

Preston were fighting for the play offs & attacked us relentlessly. Somehow we kept them out & Smith should have added to our tally near the end from two breakaways.

If I remember correctly, David Nugent missed a sitter that evening at the School End - easier to score than miss.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 15:07 - Apr 5 with 2171 viewsDevonWhite

Coventry away in 1992 to go top of the league.
Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 15:19 - Apr 5 with 2131 viewspaulparker

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 13:48 - Apr 5 by loftus77

1-0 against United in 1986. Johnny Byrne??

Also, 1-0 at a packed LR at home to Spurs - 1989? Mark Falco last minute??
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 13:50]

I was at that spurs game and got crushed in the loft by a bloke with an inflatable crocodile

Preston at home blackstock
Cardiff away last minute with the Aussie fella (ward)
Spurs at home again Adel freekick
Everton at home Martin Allen handballed and smashed it home I’m sure we went top of division one , 87 ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 15:29 - Apr 5 with 2097 viewsCamberleyR

The game against ch*ls** in 2011 was a Sunday game on Sky wasn't it?

I'd add:
The 5th round FA Cup game against Millwall. Clive Wilson with iced water for blood and nerves of steel tucking away the penalty at the Loft end in the 90th minute. Brilliant.

Juergen Sommer's game of his life to deny everything Aston Villa threw at him in the relegation season.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 15:29]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 15:29 - Apr 5 with 2095 viewsaston_hoop

Wigan at home maybe 2004. They had a great team and were easily promoted that season but right near the end, a big run down the left from Kevin McLeod and a Paul Furlong header. Remember going absolutely mental that day

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 18:01 - Apr 5 with 1999 viewspaulparker

Sinton against Villa in 89 I think it was his debut as well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 18:34 - Apr 5 with 1960 viewsQPRNZ

One game that doesn’t get mentioned much was Manchester City at home towards the end of the 1975-76 season. I remember it as a very tight, tense game. There was a full on old fashioned punch up involving pretty much all the players with Asa Hartford being sent off. At one point a Man City defender passed back to his keeper but accidentally chipped him only for the ball to hit the bar! It seemed like it was going to be one of those days until Dave Webb popped up in the box to flick in a header. Cue absolute pandemonium in the crowd as we thought we really were going to win the league. At least that’s how I remember it as a 10 year old!
Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 19:20 - Apr 5 with 1910 viewsLongsufferingR

Home to Man U 1996. Deflected Dichio shot gives battling Rs three points and the momentum to escape relegation.

Oh wait.
Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 20:27 - Apr 5 with 1846 viewshoopsa

1987: Southampton Away.
Continued our unbeaten top of the table run with Kevin Brock's free kick. I came back from holiday in France early to make sure I saw the Rs top of the league.
Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 21:07 - Apr 5 with 1797 viewsaston_hoop

as per original post...

Great day that was

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 23:16 - Apr 5 with 1669 viewsNordicR

Two games against Stoke for me.
The one in 2012 and the one in 2001 (Andy Thomson scored) which was my first time visiting Loftus Road.
Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 23:30 - Apr 5 with 1665 viewsPeterHucker

A couple I've not seen mentioned yet....

Away at Plymouth, I think the same season as we got to the playoffs 2003.
Me and the wife made a weekend of it and got the train down Friday night and stayed in a B+B near Plymouth Hoe. Early on the Saturday morning we went out for a walk along the seafront. We saw in the distance a bunch of blokes in matching tracksuits and my Mrs joked "look it's the QPR squad"
Next thing you know the little bald guy at the front of them must've spotted my QPR hat because there's a loud Bristolian shout of "you Rs" and the whole squad are walking over our way.
Holloway was typically full of beans and asked us where we'd traveled from and chatted to us for ages. Then we shook hands with the players. No camera phones back in those days unfortunately.
As they walked back to the coach I remember Holloway saying "we'll try and get a win for you"
1-0 to the Superhoops, Pacquette got the goal.

Another one is the 1-0 up at Barnsley in the Warnock promotion season. Man that one was tense. Adel scored early on then we really had to fight to stop them scoring. When that match finished that was when I really believed yes it's happening, we are going up

Another one I remember is a home game against Villa, possibly the same match mentioned above where someone said that Sommer played a blinder.
But I remember we won 1-0 and whoever scored (Gallen I think) handled it on the way in.
Magical 1-0 QPR wins on 23:38 - Apr 5 with 1652 viewsTacticalR

This season's historic away win at Forest surely worthy of mention? Super Schteve's finest hour.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024