Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Touristy Stuff 19:35 - Apr 6 with 782 viewsBoston

Anyone ever been to the International Bomber Command Centre / Museum? It's in Lincoln, I'd never heard of the place, but occasionally like to spend a couple of days in a town / area, just for a looksee and, to the best of my recollection, the only time I stopped here was to change a tyre.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Touristy Stuff on 19:38 - Apr 6 with 768 viewsNortholt_Rs

No...but it’s worth going to Lincoln just for the cathedral. It’s something else mate. Cool castle there too.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Touristy Stuff on 19:42 - Apr 6 with 758 viewsenfieldargh

Touristy Stuff on 19:38 - Apr 6 by Northolt_Rs

No...but it’s worth going to Lincoln just for the cathedral. It’s something else mate. Cool castle there too.

Lincoln is great, lovely gentle walk uphill to the most fab Cathedral and castle.

Good pub at the top, worth a weekend stay

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Touristy Stuff on 19:43 - Apr 6 with 756 viewsdigswellhoop

lincoln is a great city great pubs just outside theres the spitfire museum where ww2 pilots show you round if i could move id move there
Touristy Stuff on 21:43 - Apr 6 with 642 viewsCiderwithRsie

Not to answer your question, but if you're interested in the RAF then closer to home the Battle of Britain Bunker at the old RAF Uxbridge is terrific.
Touristy Stuff on 21:46 - Apr 6 with 640 viewsRangersDave

If your really interested mate, forget the museum, and try getting a tour of Scampton.

Thats where history is, 617 dambusters, the mess, etc are worth a visit every time, and you get a chance to see the Reds as they practice most days overhead the base.

4 miles north of the city of Lincoln by the A15 i believe.

Then for a pont and an meal theres a village pub about 3 miles further north of Scampton that all the dambuster aircrews used and i believe has signatures and memorabilia there too.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 21:48]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Touristy Stuff on 22:32 - Apr 6 with 592 viewsflynnbo

Was in Lincoln for the antiques fair on Wednesday and the Red Arrows were practising from their nearby base in Scampton-incredible skills.
Touristy Stuff on 22:49 - Apr 6 with 583 viewsBoston

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, considering spending two or three days up there this year.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024