Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les Ferdinand 07:45 - Apr 7 with 7404 viewsNortholt_Rs

Come on Les, speak up and tell us what you are going to do as our DOF to fix this utter shambles. You’ve been here 4 long years as DOF and yesterday was yet another all time low. It was a complete embarrassment. So what are you doing about it fella?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Les Ferdinand on 07:46 - Apr 7 with 4395 viewsJuzzie

Does he read LFW?
Les Ferdinand on 08:18 - Apr 7 with 4307 viewshubble

Les Ferdinand on 07:46 - Apr 7 by Juzzie

Does he read LFW?

It's his favourite fan site.
Les Ferdinand on 08:29 - Apr 7 with 4264 viewsDejR_vu

Les Ferdinand on 08:18 - Apr 7 by hubble

It's his favourite fan site.

We’re told that the problems on the pitch aren’t his responsibility because he isn’t responsible for appointing the manager. So he won’t be able to do anything until the owners tell him what to do I guess.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Les Ferdinand on 08:50 - Apr 7 with 4202 viewsNortholt_Rs

Les Ferdinand on 08:29 - Apr 7 by DejR_vu

We’re told that the problems on the pitch aren’t his responsibility because he isn’t responsible for appointing the manager. So he won’t be able to do anything until the owners tell him what to do I guess.

So what is he paid to do then?

Les Ferdinand on 08:52 - Apr 7 with 4194 viewsozexile

Les Ferdinand on 08:50 - Apr 7 by Northolt_Rs

That's the £1,000,000 question.
Les Ferdinand on 08:56 - Apr 7 with 4175 viewsDejR_vu

Les Ferdinand on 08:50 - Apr 7 by Northolt_Rs

Apparently, it’s something along the lines that he heads up everything football related, all the ‘heads of’ report to him but they’re all individually responsible, he’s not. Great job.

Les Ferdinand on 08:58 - Apr 7 with 4161 viewstimcocking

It isn't Les that has us in this mess, it's the corrupt league, with it's despicably unfair and rotten 'FFP' farce.

Les will absolutely always have my unequivocal backing.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 8:59]
Les Ferdinand on 08:59 - Apr 7 with 4156 viewsNortholt_Rs

Les Ferdinand on 08:56 - Apr 7 by DejR_vu

Apparently, it’s something along the lines that he heads up everything football related, all the ‘heads of’ report to him but they’re all individually responsible, he’s not. Great job.

No wonder he’s always smiling! I want that job!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Les Ferdinand on 09:01 - Apr 7 with 4143 viewsDejR_vu

Les Ferdinand on 08:58 - Apr 7 by timcocking

It isn't Les that has us in this mess, it's the corrupt league, with it's despicably unfair and rotten 'FFP' farce.

Those things are a massive problem for us because of the people we have owning and running the club. Doesn’t seem to be as big a problem for other clubs.

Les Ferdinand on 09:07 - Apr 7 with 4122 viewsNortholt_Rs

Les Ferdinand on 08:58 - Apr 7 by timcocking

Fair play TC. No doubt the man was a legendary player for us - my God we could do with him on the pitch now when he was in his prime. But as DOF for 4 years I expect to see his philosophy, strategy, planning, etc for the club - and I see none of this. We just lurch from one crisis to the next with relegation to L1 constantly looming. So the question is as DOF what is he doing to turn the ship around? This isn’t the time for silence from him. The club’s supporters need reassuring...

Les Ferdinand on 09:13 - Apr 7 with 4095 viewsDejR_vu

Les isn’t the big problem here. But, if he lets the owners undermine him and overrule him, doesn’t he become a small part of the problem?

If we had a DoF who was prepared to stand up to the board and walk away if they went over his head, they might stop and think about how that might play out and stop undermining him.

Les Ferdinand on 09:17 - Apr 7 with 4074 viewstimcocking

Les Ferdinand on 09:07 - Apr 7 by Northolt_Rs

Fair play TC. No doubt the man was a legendary player for us - my God we could do with him on the pitch now when he was in his prime. But as DOF for 4 years I expect to see his philosophy, strategy, planning, etc for the club - and I see none of this. We just lurch from one crisis to the next with relegation to L1 constantly looming. So the question is as DOF what is he doing to turn the ship around? This isn’t the time for silence from him. The club’s supporters need reassuring...

I just don't know what he can do though. I don't know what the hell i'd be trying to do. It feels like we're always swimming upstream.

I completely agree it's been a frigging disaster for years, just not sure it's Les' fault per se.

The owners will always have the ultimate say on when to fire and who to hire and it's a tough decision. None of us have a crystal ball. Let's not forget (although it makes me ill to think about it) i was very pleased with almost every appointment they made. I just get the feeling that if Les persuades Klopp and Arsene Wenger to take over together we'd still be in the sh!t with a defence this bad. I can't believe Les recommended sacking Steve before our toughest game of the season.

And with Les, i always feel he'd be quick to walk if he felt unwanted and how on earth could we possibly replace him with somebody like him? He's the perfect man we literally have one of my heroes fighting in the trenches for us, we've got Les Ferdinand in our team still. I don't doubt doing everything he can. I'd be genuinely gutted if we lost him. He's priceless for me. Him and Clive are our two best assets.
Les Ferdinand on 09:22 - Apr 7 with 4053 viewstimcocking

Les Ferdinand on 09:01 - Apr 7 by DejR_vu

Those things are a massive problem for us because of the people we have owning and running the club. Doesn’t seem to be as big a problem for other clubs.

You forget, it's the timing that fcuked us over.

FFP was brought in when we'd just been promoted and Briatore let all our players leave and signed nobody. We had one week to sign a premier league team. We never had a chance, they doomed us from the very beginning. .Or, at least, from when we failed to stay up under Hughes. Other teams have had years to plan. All our owners ever did was try to get us a good team like we all wanted. Nobody back then realised that a player's performance was inversely proportional to his ability and salary.
Les Ferdinand on 09:29 - Apr 7 with 4025 viewsozexile

If I was him here's what I'd do:

1. Put Eustace on gardening leave, there's no way he should ever be near the dug out again.
2. Ask Ramsey if he wants to do 6 x games.
3. Call the players in and let them know there'll be in every Day for training until we're safe. Even if it's cleaning the dressing room out.
4. That's a start.
Les Ferdinand on 09:32 - Apr 7 with 4012 viewsdaveB

I imagine he's going to try and appoint a new manager and put faith in him that he can turn this around
Les Ferdinand on 09:35 - Apr 7 with 4001 viewsNortholt_Rs

Les Ferdinand on 09:32 - Apr 7 by daveB

I imagine he's going to try and appoint a new manager and put faith in him that he can turn this around

Again...

Les Ferdinand on 10:03 - Apr 7 with 3932 viewsDejR_vu

TF bought this club as a rich man's toy. The problem is he hasn't got a clue how to run a football club. So, of course, things go wrong. But, instead of addressing the problem (himself and the other owners) he does what he does, PR spin. He starts to get some grief so he appoints someone to appease the fans and appoints LF as DoF. But, of course, Les isn't an actual DoF is he? He's the closest thing you'll find to a hero to most QPR fans, learning to be a DoF. He's a PR stunt to quell the uprising (I appreciate that sounds harsh, but that's how I see it).

So, TF just carries on as before and, of course, things continue to go wrong. And he's allowed to carry on as before because nothing's really changed. He hasn't appointed a DoF, he's appointed someone who's been given the title but not the authority.

I'm absolutely sure that LF is doing what he can from the inside to try and stabalise things. I'm certain he wants the best for the club. But, ultimately, if his presence just allows all the things that are wrong to keep going on you have to ask whether he's actually helping. But then, if he's not there, you know that the owners aren't going to appoint someone who's going to tell them 'no'.

Basically, we're got no chance until the owners go.

Les Ferdinand on 10:25 - Apr 7 with 3863 viewsRangersDave

Lets be honest here guys,

Whatever LF does at HQ, whatever the shyte he has to deal with, or deal with what his bosses want......... even if he dislikes it , his wage packet would make it all go away.

Christ, if i couldnt work anymore because of my age, in my selected , but short career, and someone offered me (an inexperienced person) a job on such a wedge that i could safely ignore the crap..... would i? or would i think nah, i've got scruples, i cannot take their money as its almost like daylight robbery for what i do?

wonder how many of us would allow our bosses to do what they like for that kind of dosh and not walk away?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Les Ferdinand on 10:37 - Apr 7 with 3814 viewsCiderwithRsie

I am now officially sick of people whinging about Les Ferdinand. Bloody embarrassing, half of the stuff written on here.
Les Ferdinand on 11:00 - Apr 7 with 3751 viewspaulparker

He can’t do anything if the cretins on the board ( hello Tony and Ruben) keep going above his head
Les isn’t perfect but he has got us in some decent players
Hall
Leinster
Eze
Freeman
Luango
Smyth
Smithies
Cherry
Polter
Chair

I do think he is needed on the touch line at the minute but that’s another thread
Instead of having a pop at Les we as fans need to be calling for board to resign/sell/ go
Les, furs, penrice, sinton are one of us let them get on with it
Apart from my thread about the board that got 11 responses no one is calling out the clowns Tony , Ruben and the puppet Amit , they are holding us back they have caused this mess, they are the ones who never learn , Jesus we protested over Thompson, bulstrode , Wright, we even dressed up as clowns against tango and cash so why are we letting this mob take us from premier league to league one without even raising a murmur?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Les Ferdinand on 11:12 - Apr 7 with 3715 viewsNortholt_Rs

Les Ferdinand on 11:00 - Apr 7 by paulparker

He can’t do anything if the cretins on the board ( hello Tony and Ruben) keep going above his head
Les isn’t perfect but he has got us in some decent players
Hall
Leinster
Eze
Freeman
Luango
Smyth
Smithies
Cherry
Polter
Chair

I do think he is needed on the touch line at the minute but that’s another thread
Instead of having a pop at Les we as fans need to be calling for board to resign/sell/ go
Les, furs, penrice, sinton are one of us let them get on with it
Apart from my thread about the board that got 11 responses no one is calling out the clowns Tony , Ruben and the puppet Amit , they are holding us back they have caused this mess, they are the ones who never learn , Jesus we protested over Thompson, bulstrode , Wright, we even dressed up as clowns against tango and cash so why are we letting this mob take us from premier league to league one without even raising a murmur?

PP - I guess they get away with it relatively lightly ( see the abuse TF gets on Twitter - it’s totally out of order) because we are all scared sh itless about the state we’ll be in if they actually do go now they’ve made such an abominable mess of the club. This could well go pop like Caterham....that’s the big fear for lots of us I think fella.

Les Ferdinand on 11:28 - Apr 7 with 3665 viewsDejR_vu

Les Ferdinand on 11:12 - Apr 7 by Northolt_Rs

PP - I guess they get away with it relatively lightly ( see the abuse TF gets on Twitter - it’s totally out of order) because we are all scared sh itless about the state we’ll be in if they actually do go now they’ve made such an abominable mess of the club. This could well go pop like Caterham....that’s the big fear for lots of us I think fella.

I fear we’re in a tailspin that we can’t pull out of.

We must be one of the most unattractive options for someone looking at buying a club; massive overheads on the stadium with no income generation options, a rented training ground, big wage bill still. Anyone with any sense wouldn’t touch us. We’d probably end up with someone with more ego than sense (which is how we’ve ended up where we are). We would need a genuine fan who’s wealthy enough, and would be prepared, to pour in good money after bad. It will take the full £13m pa allowable under P&S just to keep our heads above water.

I still think our only tiny chance is that Amit and the Mittals buy and start again. But there doesn’t appear to be the appetite.

Otherwise I just can’t see any way out of this mess.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 11:29]

Les Ferdinand on 11:54 - Apr 7 with 3599 viewsR_from_afar

Our performances have been unacceptable this calendar year but a lot fewer of us were railing at Les and the board last year when results were good and McClaren was overachieving.

I think the drop-off in performances is due to complacency (players thinking they have already done enough to keep us up - wrong!) and the demotivating impact of some players being pretty certain FFP will not allow us to renew their contracts.

Our owners only have themselves to blame for the FFP fine - they know the rules - *but* those rules are always going to make things very difficult for clubs with smaller stadiums because what you can spend is determined by your revenues. FFP as it stands is ill-conceived and criminally unfair, as well as a millstone the weight of which could push us down the league pyramid unless we can find a coach who can work wonders with very little. I pray that we can.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Les Ferdinand on 12:18 - Apr 7 with 3520 viewsTHEBUSH

No doubt about it, the owners are to blame for the mess we are in.

They have spent a fortune, but not wisely, the managers they have bought in have been dire, a disaster.

Their latest mistake was sacking McClaren, without having someone strong to take over immediately.

Eustace seems to be another McClaren but worse.

I've always thought Les Ferdinand was doing a decent job, but he needs to show what he's made of, and sort out a new manager, quickly.
Les Ferdinand on 12:52 - Apr 7 with 3437 viewstimcocking

Les Ferdinand on 09:29 - Apr 7 by ozexile

If I was him here's what I'd do:

1. Put Eustace on gardening leave, there's no way he should ever be near the dug out again.
2. Ask Ramsey if he wants to do 6 x games.
3. Call the players in and let them know there'll be in every Day for training until we're safe. Even if it's cleaning the dressing room out.
4. That's a start.

I was disappointed they didn't give Chris Ramsey another crack.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024