Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ST prices 09:25 - Apr 7 with 2083 viewsNoDiddley

If we do go down, do the ST prices remain the same?
I know a few who have already renewed, personally I'm waiting until the last home game against the Florists.
ST prices on 09:35 - Apr 7 with 2052 viewsA40Bosh

I renewed straight away as I spotted a leg room seat at the top of the stairwell so I grabbed it whilst it was there.

I imagine Hoos will try and resist revising them downwards as he will expect a backlash in terms of number of season tickets sold even if he did slightly drop the price. We need every penny in revenue we can get.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

ST prices on 09:36 - Apr 7 with 2052 viewsMedwayR

I think we’ll be ok this year but at the moment I’m convinced we’ll go down next year so it’ll be interesting to see what happens. I’m sure the club has said before that it can’t afford to reduce ticket prices, however this pleading poverty game doesn’t really ring true when they keep spending millions on sacking managers & their staff.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 9:37]

Poll: Who’s better?

ST prices on 13:28 - Apr 7 with 1844 viewsterryb

I doubt that they will be decreased, but it would take a great salesman to justify the prices for League One being the same as when we were in The Premier!
ST prices on 15:17 - Apr 7 with 1698 viewstimcocking

ST prices on 09:35 - Apr 7 by A40Bosh

I renewed straight away as I spotted a leg room seat at the top of the stairwell so I grabbed it whilst it was there.

I imagine Hoos will try and resist revising them downwards as he will expect a backlash in terms of number of season tickets sold even if he did slightly drop the price. We need every penny in revenue we can get.

But is that not a false economy?

I mean of course, keeping prices high might take more short-term money, but i've always felt that in the long-term, dropping the prices as low as possible is the way for a small club like ours to ensure support and ultimately make more money because of that. I have to beg to differ with Lee Hoos on this, as i do about the importance of cup fixtures to us.

Particularly when we're so sh!t. I think there is a danger the Rangers' board assume we'll continue to attract fans like we always have, but it's a completely different sport and world to 30 years ago. Most of the London teams are at their zenith while we're literally plummeting. Especially if we end up leaving our local area.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 15:24]
ST prices on 16:18 - Apr 7 with 1611 viewscolinallcars

I think ST prices have been frozen for a number of years now, I wouldn't expect a reduction even if we go down.
ST prices on 16:25 - Apr 7 with 1597 viewsqprewan

ST prices on 15:17 - Apr 7 by timcocking

But is that not a false economy?

I mean of course, keeping prices high might take more short-term money, but i've always felt that in the long-term, dropping the prices as low as possible is the way for a small club like ours to ensure support and ultimately make more money because of that. I have to beg to differ with Lee Hoos on this, as i do about the importance of cup fixtures to us.

Particularly when we're so sh!t. I think there is a danger the Rangers' board assume we'll continue to attract fans like we always have, but it's a completely different sport and world to 30 years ago. Most of the London teams are at their zenith while we're literally plummeting. Especially if we end up leaving our local area.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 15:24]

You are spot on! At the moment our support is haemorraging at an alarming rate and the atmosphere is abysmal. Each season our board try to play the 'new manager trick ' telling us that we are making progress etc just need someone to take us to the next level but this is nonsense everyone can see we are falling like a stone. Still listen to our owners and you would believe we need a massive new ground to fit all our new supporters in.
Last time I can remember an atmosphere as bad as this was back in the Stuart Housten days when we were indeed on the way down to League 1. Fortunately the club responded by massively reducing the Season ticket prices all around the ground ..I think they were £180 ..the result; a ground that was full every week in the home areas, even when we played Hartlepool on a Wednesday night and all 3 sides of the ground singing. What followed was a kind of rebirth for the club with a trip to Cardiff following one of the best night's ever when we beat Oldham! And then going up at Hillsborough the following year..
Right now the club need to realise how bad the situation is; I can accept that we are going to struggle for a few seasons but I'm no longer prepared to pay top dollar to watch it. The club should massively expand the reduced price 'blue' areas of the ground and help to win back and renew our disappearing fan base ..rather than continuing to mug us all off.
ST prices on 16:41 - Apr 7 with 1544 viewsOldPedro

And this is where FFP is working against clubs with small grounds / crowds. As pointed out above, some sort of discount/reduction could be needed to prop up attendances, especially if we get relegated to League One but depending on the amount of the reduction and the increase in attendance, the result may well be even less total income which in turn means less money for buying/paying better quality players.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

ST prices on 17:05 - Apr 7 with 1487 viewsSnipper

I can’t justify paying £535 for my upper loft ticket to watch that utter shìte again. I’ve missed so many games in the last 4 seasons, it’s not worth it.

Quite a few regulars from the loft now sit in the Ellerslie down the other end, paying about half what they normally did. If I get another season ticket, it’ll be down there.
Login to get fewer ads

ST prices on 17:44 - Apr 7 with 1405 viewsqprewan

ST prices on 17:05 - Apr 7 by Snipper

I can’t justify paying £535 for my upper loft ticket to watch that utter shìte again. I’ve missed so many games in the last 4 seasons, it’s not worth it.

Quite a few regulars from the loft now sit in the Ellerslie down the other end, paying about half what they normally did. If I get another season ticket, it’ll be down there.

Yes me too I sit in R block and am not able to carry on paying that amount to watch guaranteed relegation football. Am just planning to go to the odd game now. But that was my point there is only 1 block of those cheap tickets at present and they are completely sold out..they need to expand that scheme otherwise they will be playing to a half empty quiet ground next seasin
ST prices on 10:00 - Apr 8 with 1167 viewssmegma

ST prices on 17:05 - Apr 7 by Snipper

Or move over to Q Block for 400 notes
ST prices on 11:36 - Apr 8 with 1115 viewsLowerloftLad

they would need to included all fa cup,carling cup and efl fixtures free with the season ticket just for starters

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

ST prices on 11:49 - Apr 8 with 1098 viewssmegma

ST prices on 11:36 - Apr 8 by LowerloftLad

they would need to included all fa cup,carling cup and efl fixtures free with the season ticket just for starters

EFL fixtures already are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024