Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to 12:54 - Apr 8 with 5846 viewsrsonist

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 09:10 - Apr 10 with 918 viewsterryb

Do I want Sherwood? No.

Do I want Ferdinand or Tune Group to make the decision? Ferdinand
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 15:25 - Apr 10 with 845 viewsTacticalR

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 10:56 - Apr 9 by rsonist

I hope these sanctimonies aren't being aimed in my direction... the purpose of this poll wasn't to pile in on Les but to get into one of the most glaring contradictions in the recent criticism of club governance. (36-27 in favour of "meddling" currently - or is it to stop a Spurs version of Rigg's Taffia happening again?)
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 10:56]

I was actually thinking of Trump (although the nihilistic Trumpian mentality that only advocates destruction seems to be spreading).

Air hostess clique

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 15:42 - Apr 10 with 834 viewskensalriser

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 22:24 - Apr 9 by numptydumpty

tbf I cantunderstand the viriol towards Tim Sherwood as a manager is an unknown quantity - he wasn't that bad at Tottenham and at Villa I cant remember that much

Ok he not going to be a lot of people on heres choice as best man at their stag.

Ole Gunnar Solskjear record was distinctly average so hey ho

Just because everyone gets on a bandwagon because they think he is up himself as a personality - maybe he is maybe he isn't but if he came here and did a good job so be it.

Any appointment is a risk as we are not going to get a proven manager - he could do well - he could live up to everyone s epxectations - but yes I agree I don't understand this strange crap being directed his way - sod it - could not care less.

Yet lots want ainsworth who again is unproven at this level of course - but because he is a good all round egg and with a qpr past to many they want him

Load of codswallop and trioe !!!!!

But Sherwood isn't an unknown quantity, he's already a serial failure.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 19:17 - Apr 10 with 795 viewsnumptydumpty

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 15:42 - Apr 10 by kensalriser

But Sherwood isn't an unknown quantity, he's already a serial failure.

Where has he failed - he was reasonable at Tottenham - villa I can't remember that much but what manager hasn't failed

Bit much saying serial failure according being average twice !!!

Think its just prejudging due to his personality

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 23:16 - Apr 10 with 756 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 22:40 - Apr 9 by distortR

not adverse to the idea.

We know he can work with Les and Ramsey - two people I rate very highly.

They know his capabilities - if they are indeed pushing for him to be manager it's because they think he can do a job here.

But Les would be accountable for this one.

This.

It's somewhat rich to complain about Les being overruled on managerial appointments yet want exactly that in the case of Sherwood.

I never warmed to Mourinho, Ferguson or Benitez as personalities but I can't fault their managerial achievements. If Les feels that Sherwood can do the job then by all means provided Les is prepared to be held accountable.
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 23:27 - Apr 10 with 740 viewsstainrods_elbow

When someone (anyone) is held 'accountable' at QPR for something (anything) - LH, LF, TF, a single director, or a single player - wake me up before I die of shock!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 03:54 - Apr 11 with 705 viewstimcocking

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 13:10 - Apr 8 by bosh67

I don't think Sherwood will take the job anyway but I am consistently baffled by the absolute hatred towards him. Personally I couldn't care less if he is perceived as a prick, or a knob etc etc. He has no Chelsea ties, I can't remember him killing a member of any of our families, he's never said anything negative about the club. He didn't come here first time around because the conditions he was given didn't suit him first time. Villa f*cked him over royally when he last managed and although he hasn't managed for some time I don't really get the complete villainization of him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying let's get him in but we welcomed JFH in with open arms, we adored Chelsea legend Ray Wilkins, Dave Webb, Steve Wicks, etc etc etc, yet a former player who has no association, we apparently all have to hate. The guy could come in win all 6 matches and then win all 46 next season and they'd still be a ton of fans booing him every moment. Obviously if he has crapped on the haloed turf or killed a member of anyone's family do let me know why he is hated so much?

Bosh, i reckon it's simply predictable band-wagon stuff (probably heavily influenced by Clive's opinion on Tim Sherwood tbh). Remember, half of the people used to say Paul Scholes and Rooney weren't any good, or that Chris Ramsey wasn't experienced? We have no genuine reason to hate Tim Sherwood. Dislike, perhaps. What do we really know about him? If he hadn't used the word Gillet (admittedly, he should have known better), we wouldn't even be having this conversation. He isn't my favourite, but there is some sense to it, the fact he's a strong character who can definitely work with Les and Chris.

The funny thing is, in this day and age, God help anybody who doesn't like a certain group of people based on any kind of cultural, sexual, religious, racial reasons or anything of that nature, but it's perfectly fine to literally hate and abuse a man because of his choice of jacket.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 6:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024