Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eustace 17:07 - Apr 13 with 14904 viewsbosh67

Hats off to him. Given them belief. Is the answer under our nose? He picks whacky sides but there seems to some method to the madness!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eustace on 21:50 - Apr 22 with 2633 viewsShunter

Eustace on 21:29 - Apr 22 by Toast_R

God, really?

Massive job in the summer shipping out and needing to bring in players on smaller contracts as replacements as well as graduationg some youth players. Massive job for a rookie manager, lottery really what squad he would get next season and I worry who his persona could attract.

We won't attract anybody - we don't have the finances.
We have to work with the younger players and hope a few experience players also stay as their experience is needed in the dressing room and on the training pitch.

Also I am thinking that the group of green shirts that SM created are also on the same
length of contract - how much would they cost us if they all left with Eustace.

It just makes sense to give Eustace a chance, a young manager with young exciting enthusiastic players. We must be favourites for relegation next season - nothing to lose IMO
Eustace on 22:03 - Apr 22 with 2563 viewsbosh67

Eustace on 21:50 - Apr 22 by Shunter

We won't attract anybody - we don't have the finances.
We have to work with the younger players and hope a few experience players also stay as their experience is needed in the dressing room and on the training pitch.

Also I am thinking that the group of green shirts that SM created are also on the same
length of contract - how much would they cost us if they all left with Eustace.

It just makes sense to give Eustace a chance, a young manager with young exciting enthusiastic players. We must be favourites for relegation next season - nothing to lose IMO

Agree. He's not a novice. We need a young manager who can bring through young players, attract other hungry youngsters, who would also perhaps be able to get in a few more mature heads. We have no money and no way of getting players with a price tag so we might as well draw a line and let this guy build a team from scratch based on some of the talent we have, because we do have a bit.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eustace on 22:06 - Apr 22 with 2538 viewsNortholt_Rs

Eustace on 21:29 - Apr 22 by Toast_R

God, really?

Massive job in the summer shipping out and needing to bring in players on smaller contracts as replacements as well as graduationg some youth players. Massive job for a rookie manager, lottery really what squad he would get next season and I worry who his persona could attract.

And it’s a massive NO from me! He would be Ramsey 2.0. We need to ship him and the useless army of green shirts out, get rid of the DOF (we’re down near the foot of the Championship again FFS!), and rethink how to actually progress the club. Rip back the non-playing staff budget to redirect all available funds to the playing side. There are no goals in this side and we simply have to fix this fundamental issue during the summer. At the moment we start each new season waiting to see how close we can get to being relegated...WTF is that all about? On our current trajectory we will end up in League 1 which will be a catastrophe for our club. No wonder the ground is half empty. I cannot wait for this dog sh it season to be over. It’s been awful.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Eustace on 22:12 - Apr 22 with 2503 viewsNed_Kennedys

Eustace has won one game in five and certainly hasn't performed well enough to get the job. Great against Swansea, ok today and at Millwall but awful v Norwich and Blackburn.

Its rubbish to suggest we won't attract anyone better.
Eustace on 22:23 - Apr 22 with 2460 viewsMatch82

Eustace on 22:06 - Apr 22 by Northolt_Rs

And it’s a massive NO from me! He would be Ramsey 2.0. We need to ship him and the useless army of green shirts out, get rid of the DOF (we’re down near the foot of the Championship again FFS!), and rethink how to actually progress the club. Rip back the non-playing staff budget to redirect all available funds to the playing side. There are no goals in this side and we simply have to fix this fundamental issue during the summer. At the moment we start each new season waiting to see how close we can get to being relegated...WTF is that all about? On our current trajectory we will end up in League 1 which will be a catastrophe for our club. No wonder the ground is half empty. I cannot wait for this dog sh it season to be over. It’s been awful.

I have no idea what anybody is making. But I suspect you would need to ditch about 20 of the green shirts to pay for one "reasonable" playing contract and its unlikely we will spend that money wisely. So there might be more benefit offered in keeping the green shirts doing...whatever it is they are doing
Eustace on 22:43 - Apr 22 with 2404 viewskensalriser

It's time we stopped thinking about 'name' managers. They're expensive to hire, expensive to let go and they don't seem to be any more effective than managers you've never heard of.

Look above us in the division. Look how many medium sized teams are just getting on with it without big budgets, without name managers and without name signings.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eustace on 01:19 - Apr 23 with 2190 viewsozexile

Eustace on 22:06 - Apr 22 by Northolt_Rs

Good post. I just put on another thread about goals needed. I know many would disagree with me but does modern football now really need about 15 coaches per team? Talk about over complicate a simple process.
Eustace on 07:47 - Apr 23 with 1974 viewsHunterhoop

I understand some of the positivity with Eustace, but I must say, for several reasons, I think this is the wrong move.

1) I don’t think he’s getting the most from the team.. Next year the coach has to get the maximum possible from most of our squad, which will likely be thinner and weaker. Whilst we’ve improved, especially in terms of defensive organisation, 1 win in 5 is relegation form and too many of our players are not performing at the top of their game. If this is the “bounce”, what will it be like afterwards.

2) He was here I see SM, how different can he be?

3) I don’t think he’s inspiring. His conferences and post match analysis have been incredibly dull and banal. He’s going to have to inspire a group of misfits, young players, and experienced pros used to finishing in the bottom third. I just don’t think he’ll inspire (or even intimidate) them enough to lift their games.

4) I don’t think he’ll inspire the fan base. The fans will be crucial next year. Young pros, pros stepping up, likely loss of Freeman, struggling for strikers...it’s crucial the manager finds a way of inspiring passion amongst the fan base. Eustace has simply not impressed on this front.

5) I don’t think he’s confident enough. Not only do the players need to be believe in their boss, but so do the fan base. One of Warnock’s great strengths, wasn’t just that he knew what he was doing, but that the fan base believed he knew what he was doing. He was/is an arrogant bugger, but you trusted him to get it right. The players trusted him. Eustace has managed Kidderminster Harriers. When the chips are down, who will trust him. He talks like he doubts himself.

6) The results haven’t been very good. It’s a results business. Little change from McClaren, and little time, but we do need a change. I feel like some are getting carried away by an uptick in performance. It’s not been that drastic, in the same way some of our best performances this season weren’t as great as the reaction, and our bad ones not quite as some made out (albeit some were awful!). Just look at Man Utd for the perils of thinking your caretaker is your long term solution.

Personally, I think either the bouncey, energetic QPR related coach who will develop younger players and work on a budget (Ainsworth), or the wise, experienced, confident boss will be better.

For the latter, Warburton, so long as he buys into the rest of what’s going on under Les and Hoos, fits the bill. But as unpopular as it sounds, I still think Pearson could do a job. He took a very shaky mess of a Holloway Leicester team and got the play offs then promotion and laid the groundwork of a squad for Ranieri before he went mental. He had a much bigger role to play in their title than he gets credit for. It’s not like Ranieri has succeeded since (or much before, for that matter)!

Otherwise, the likes of Nigel Adkins might do a very good job based on his current and past performances and he will available in the summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Eustace on 08:05 - Apr 23 with 1945 viewshoopdog

Eustace on 07:47 - Apr 23 by Hunterhoop

I understand some of the positivity with Eustace, but I must say, for several reasons, I think this is the wrong move.

1) I don’t think he’s getting the most from the team.. Next year the coach has to get the maximum possible from most of our squad, which will likely be thinner and weaker. Whilst we’ve improved, especially in terms of defensive organisation, 1 win in 5 is relegation form and too many of our players are not performing at the top of their game. If this is the “bounce”, what will it be like afterwards.

2) He was here I see SM, how different can he be?

3) I don’t think he’s inspiring. His conferences and post match analysis have been incredibly dull and banal. He’s going to have to inspire a group of misfits, young players, and experienced pros used to finishing in the bottom third. I just don’t think he’ll inspire (or even intimidate) them enough to lift their games.

4) I don’t think he’ll inspire the fan base. The fans will be crucial next year. Young pros, pros stepping up, likely loss of Freeman, struggling for strikers...it’s crucial the manager finds a way of inspiring passion amongst the fan base. Eustace has simply not impressed on this front.

5) I don’t think he’s confident enough. Not only do the players need to be believe in their boss, but so do the fan base. One of Warnock’s great strengths, wasn’t just that he knew what he was doing, but that the fan base believed he knew what he was doing. He was/is an arrogant bugger, but you trusted him to get it right. The players trusted him. Eustace has managed Kidderminster Harriers. When the chips are down, who will trust him. He talks like he doubts himself.

6) The results haven’t been very good. It’s a results business. Little change from McClaren, and little time, but we do need a change. I feel like some are getting carried away by an uptick in performance. It’s not been that drastic, in the same way some of our best performances this season weren’t as great as the reaction, and our bad ones not quite as some made out (albeit some were awful!). Just look at Man Utd for the perils of thinking your caretaker is your long term solution.

Personally, I think either the bouncey, energetic QPR related coach who will develop younger players and work on a budget (Ainsworth), or the wise, experienced, confident boss will be better.

For the latter, Warburton, so long as he buys into the rest of what’s going on under Les and Hoos, fits the bill. But as unpopular as it sounds, I still think Pearson could do a job. He took a very shaky mess of a Holloway Leicester team and got the play offs then promotion and laid the groundwork of a squad for Ranieri before he went mental. He had a much bigger role to play in their title than he gets credit for. It’s not like Ranieri has succeeded since (or much before, for that matter)!

Otherwise, the likes of Nigel Adkins might do a very good job based on his current and past performances and he will available in the summer.

He's worthy of consideration of the board
Ask yourselves did he inspire the team yesterday nearly got a good point till the ref had a brain storm
He's had hit and miss performances while trying to find and repair players confidence and organise the the team
Would you want want a top dollar manager to take the job
Can we afford top dollar
Would Jose Pep or Poch be able to do anything with the lack of quality
Have you got confidence that the clubs board are capable of getting anything right
Do you think the only way they could get this appointment right is by accident rather than design
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 8:08]
Eustace on 08:25 - Apr 23 with 1887 viewsHunterhoop

Eustace on 08:05 - Apr 23 by hoopdog

Ask yourselves did he inspire the team yesterday nearly got a good point till the ref had a brain storm
He's had hit and miss performances while trying to find and repair players confidence and organise the the team
Can we afford top dollar
Have you got confidence that the clubs board are capable of getting anything right
Do you think the only way they could get this appointment right is by accident rather than design

Yes.
To a degree.
Agree.
No. Never suggested I want a “top dollar” manager.
Agree. We can’t afford them.
Yes, of course they would. Would we win the league? No. Would we be much higher in this league? Yes. Look at Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Hull, Brentford, Preston, Blackburn, Birmingham, Hull...some of those teams are over performing against their “quality” and some are worse than us, and some are operating on smaller budgets.
Yes. They get a lot right. By Board, i’m referring to the CEO, who runs the club day to day. Lots of faith. Don’t be mistaken for thinking a football club is just the first team. It’s shortsighted.
Of course not.

Thanks for the leading questions.
Eustace on 09:15 - Apr 23 with 1794 viewsRangersDave

Can we afford top dollar

The trouble is, 'Nearly' just doesnt cut the mustard.

We nearly got into the playoffs this season......but didnt.

We nearly got a point yesterday......but didnt

we nearly won various games this season....but didnt.

Its about doing, not about nearly doing!

Eustace doesnt seem to me to be any sort of manager capable of taking us forward, or keeping us at a level.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Eustace on 09:22 - Apr 23 with 1776 viewsParkRoyalR

Can we afford top dollar

Thought yesterday was possibly our best away performance this season bar the result / poor finishing.

Team had a clear gamelan and looked comfortable at the back and good on the counter, excepting our finishing and occasional final ball.

Definitely deserves consideration.
Eustace on 09:24 - Apr 23 with 1766 viewshoopdog

Eustace on 09:15 - Apr 23 by RangersDave

The trouble is, 'Nearly' just doesnt cut the mustard.

We nearly got into the playoffs this season......but didnt.

We nearly got a point yesterday......but didnt

we nearly won various games this season....but didnt.

Its about doing, not about nearly doing!

Eustace doesnt seem to me to be any sort of manager capable of taking us forward, or keeping us at a level.

Dave he can't be held responsible for an inadequate ref surely ??
Did he have his team up for it ??
Post is about Eustace not went on before him
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 9:25]
Eustace on 10:44 - Apr 23 with 1698 viewsRangersDave

Eustace on 09:24 - Apr 23 by hoopdog

Dave he can't be held responsible for an inadequate ref surely ??
Did he have his team up for it ??
Post is about Eustace not went on before him
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 9:25]

Hi mate,
yea your quite right, but.....

Unfortunately its a results business, and we have not really had a new manager bounce.
(i dont count that swansea abboration)

Eustace talks a great game, if only in monotone, but he's been, by his own admission, with Rangers a long time now and should know how to 'plough his own road' regarding team selection, back up players, formations etc.
Results would seem to indicate that , apart from that flash in the pan, he doesnt know what to do at the moment. Luckily for his that win, has helped or we would be all praying to god for other results to go our way.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Eustace on 19:05 - Apr 23 with 1505 viewsTHEBUSH

I hope Eustace stays, but on our coaching staff only.

From the managers we seem to have interviewed, Mark Warburton seems the best of the bunch to me.
Eustace on 14:52 - May 5 with 1160 viewsLongsufferingR

Bump.

Is he really not a better option than others on the list? If I told you we could have a young manager willing to give the youngsters a go, get hands on with the coaching, be a bit more creative with team selection and "get" the issues we face next season, you'd say yes, right?

Well isn't that what we've got?
Eustace on 15:04 - May 5 with 1093 viewsNed_Kennedys

Eustace on 14:52 - May 5 by LongsufferingR

Bump.

Is he really not a better option than others on the list? If I told you we could have a young manager willing to give the youngsters a go, get hands on with the coaching, be a bit more creative with team selection and "get" the issues we face next season, you'd say yes, right?

Well isn't that what we've got?

Absolutely not. Part of the McClaren team, and results have not been much better since he took over. Happy for him to stay on if the new manager wants him but we need to have more experience in charge for next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024