Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo 16:54 - Apr 16 with 24264 viewsloftboy

All my deliveries were in W1, SW1 and SE1, drove past the shell building, it’s covered in graffiti, ended up with an hours overtime as it took me best part of two hours to get back to East London from Victoria.
So one big question, how is causing massive traffic jams good for the environment?
My company has just replaced its entire fleet of 100 vans with ultra low emission vans, all buses are now super green, so businesses seem to be doing their bit. Just seems senseless to me.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 13:33 - Apr 23 with 1796 viewsNW5Hoop

Anyone who at this point thinks the 99.9% of climate scientists who believe the global climate is changing catastrophically are wrong is living in a fantasy world. And given that there is no political will to really do anything about it, because none of us want to be inconvenienced (yes, I drive, I fly), I support anyone who tries to put some spine into governments. We're never going to do it ourselves; we're never going to give up our cars and our flights without someone forcing us to. I am perfectly happy that some people are trying to make this point.
Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 17:11 - Apr 23 with 1694 viewsDavieQPR

Maybe I could have a modicum of sympathy if they all rode bikes to get there. Some have come from Paris. How did they get here? Swam? Wind farm turbines use electricity to power themselves when the wind is not strong enough and are only cost effective because of Government subsidies. Just look at Al Gores comments from a few years back. Every one has been debunked as false information or lies. According to him we should all be dead by now. If they told the truth and stopped exaggerating more people would listen.
Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 17:54 - Apr 23 with 1660 viewsLythamR

Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 17:11 - Apr 23 by DavieQPR

Maybe I could have a modicum of sympathy if they all rode bikes to get there. Some have come from Paris. How did they get here? Swam? Wind farm turbines use electricity to power themselves when the wind is not strong enough and are only cost effective because of Government subsidies. Just look at Al Gores comments from a few years back. Every one has been debunked as false information or lies. According to him we should all be dead by now. If they told the truth and stopped exaggerating more people would listen.

"How did they get here?"

probably via electric trains through the channel tunnel, they are not asking us to go back to the stone age!

I wouldnt worry about your sympathy, I dont think they are looking for that, wind turbines may not be perfect but they do a lot less damage than Fracking which is the government idea of alternative energy sources
Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 18:55 - Apr 23 with 1609 viewsCaptainPugwash

Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 13:33 - Apr 23 by NW5Hoop

Anyone who at this point thinks the 99.9% of climate scientists who believe the global climate is changing catastrophically are wrong is living in a fantasy world. And given that there is no political will to really do anything about it, because none of us want to be inconvenienced (yes, I drive, I fly), I support anyone who tries to put some spine into governments. We're never going to do it ourselves; we're never going to give up our cars and our flights without someone forcing us to. I am perfectly happy that some people are trying to make this point.

Narrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Songsheet scientists be they on a nice bung.
Bigger bunch o' pirates than Black Jake.

Yo Ho.
Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 22:57 - Apr 23 with 1525 viewsNW5Hoop

Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 18:55 - Apr 23 by CaptainPugwash

Narrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Songsheet scientists be they on a nice bung.
Bigger bunch o' pirates than Black Jake.

Yo Ho.

Please tell me that's a joke.

Please.

The money here comes from the fossil fuel industries, which - just like big tobacco did - have spent decades pouring money into trying discredit climate science. If you think climate scientists are saying the climate is changing because they are being paid to, I'd ask you why by? Whose agenda is served by saying we need to do something about climate change? Bicycle makers? Walking boot manufacturers? Big oil is the most financially powerful industry in the world, and has been for decades. They're the ones who buy support, not people who want to do something about climate change.
Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 23:03 - Apr 23 with 1522 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 22:57 - Apr 23 by NW5Hoop

Please tell me that's a joke.

Please.

The money here comes from the fossil fuel industries, which - just like big tobacco did - have spent decades pouring money into trying discredit climate science. If you think climate scientists are saying the climate is changing because they are being paid to, I'd ask you why by? Whose agenda is served by saying we need to do something about climate change? Bicycle makers? Walking boot manufacturers? Big oil is the most financially powerful industry in the world, and has been for decades. They're the ones who buy support, not people who want to do something about climate change.

I wouldn't take exiled Welsh based shotgun wielding Pirates too seriously mate.
Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 00:30 - Apr 24 with 1491 viewsDavieQPR

Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 17:54 - Apr 23 by LythamR

"How did they get here?"

probably via electric trains through the channel tunnel, they are not asking us to go back to the stone age!

I wouldnt worry about your sympathy, I dont think they are looking for that, wind turbines may not be perfect but they do a lot less damage than Fracking which is the government idea of alternative energy sources

And the electricity is supplied by fossil fuel generating plants. The preferred method is nuclear.
Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 08:48 - Apr 24 with 1394 viewsRangersDave

dont forget the less than green scar on the environment to build the line to cheriton, the less than green digging of the tunnel itself, the less than green building of waterloo international (now abandoned for eurostar), or the rebuilding of st pancras and the eurostar line to give access to north london etc.........

none of that will have paid for itself in environmental damage offset yet and probably wont until we are all crispy drowned critters.

and then there is the Olympic park, or as i like to call it the sh1t hole that is now wet spams ground.

wonder how many fully grow trees it would take to counter that little lot? not small saplings, as they would need millions more of those. Anyone seen the barren wasteland that is the National Forest recently?

pathetic really when you see how much land is allocated to it and what has actually been planted.

truth is, we all talk about the problem (from whatever side of the fence you stand) but no ones about really doing anything tangible to help or else we'd all be selling our homes, living in tents and using the dosh to buy land and plant a forest!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 05:54 - Apr 26 with 1229 viewsloftboy

Have to say that with the size and length of the demo it has been extremely good natured, drove past some of those blocking a building in ludgate Hill yesterday, there was an old dear about 70 sat on the floor laughing and cheering with the police. They shouldon’t have vandalised the shell building but apart from that no more complaints from me.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 06:12 - Apr 26 with 1218 viewsDannyPaddox

Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 05:54 - Apr 26 by loftboy

Have to say that with the size and length of the demo it has been extremely good natured, drove past some of those blocking a building in ludgate Hill yesterday, there was an old dear about 70 sat on the floor laughing and cheering with the police. They shouldon’t have vandalised the shell building but apart from that no more complaints from me.

I'm only 60 dahling - that's jet lag for you x
Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 07:54 - Apr 26 with 1174 viewsKonk

Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 05:54 - Apr 26 by loftboy

When they covered a building in graffiti in Bristol, it was done in a paint that washes off; and they turned-up the next day to clean the building.

Massive generalisation alert, but I think your average pro-environment/NHS/Teachers marches are generally made-up of public-spirited people, so you usually get a friendly atmosphere, with no-one really giving the police a hard time.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 10:00 - Apr 26 with 1125 viewsMrSheen

Got caught up big time today in the climate change demo on 08:48 - Apr 24 by RangersDave

dont forget the less than green scar on the environment to build the line to cheriton, the less than green digging of the tunnel itself, the less than green building of waterloo international (now abandoned for eurostar), or the rebuilding of st pancras and the eurostar line to give access to north london etc.........

none of that will have paid for itself in environmental damage offset yet and probably wont until we are all crispy drowned critters.

and then there is the Olympic park, or as i like to call it the sh1t hole that is now wet spams ground.

wonder how many fully grow trees it would take to counter that little lot? not small saplings, as they would need millions more of those. Anyone seen the barren wasteland that is the National Forest recently?

pathetic really when you see how much land is allocated to it and what has actually been planted.

truth is, we all talk about the problem (from whatever side of the fence you stand) but no ones about really doing anything tangible to help or else we'd all be selling our homes, living in tents and using the dosh to buy land and plant a forest!

Minor point, but the old Eurostar platforms at Waterloo are finally back in use for local trains after a mere 12 years. The roof could do with a wash.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024