Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hämäläinen 18:15 - Apr 18 with 2734 viewsVancouverHoop

Watched LAFC, who were yet to drop a point, lose to the previously winless Whitecaps last night. Niko played sixty minutes for LA and acquitted himself well enough. He played left wing-back in a very high-press 3—5—2 set-up. Made no major errors, his passing and positioning were good, his crosses – though he only made a couple – a bit wild. He was pulled, I think, as LA were chasing the game and needed someone who was more confident taking players on.
Hämäläinen on 19:09 - Apr 18 with 2570 viewsjoolsyp

On TV or did you go?
Hämäläinen on 19:14 - Apr 18 with 2557 viewsVancouverHoop

On TV. I'm in Nanaimo at the mo. Did you watch?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 19:14]
Hämäläinen on 19:55 - Apr 18 with 2471 viewsbosh67

You can't make umlauts without breaking some ëggs.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hämäläinen on 21:59 - Apr 18 with 2293 viewsjoolsyp

Hämäläinen on 19:14 - Apr 18 by VancouverHoop

On TV. I'm in Nanaimo at the mo. Did you watch?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 19:14]

No ... cut the cord/cable so haven't got TSN any more!

Quite fancy a live game in mid-late May if you're up for it?
Hämäläinen on 22:18 - Apr 18 with 2261 viewsDorse

Young Niko is afflicted with umlauts.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hämäläinen on 00:54 - Apr 21 with 1827 viewsB_Wad

Was going to create a post on this, so thank you for doing it. Living in Los Angeles, I saw that game as well and will be able to follow Niko while on loan here. I wasn't as impressed by his performance, but he at least got the start, even though he was the first player substituted off in the second half.

He seemed to drift around the touchline without a lot of purpose in the first half. It looked like someone talked to him about that at halftime as he moved a bit more central and got more involved during his last 15 minutes. Ultimately he didn't do much to distinguish himself, but clearly Bill Bradley seems something in him and is giving him an opportunity to get in games.

I'm excited to see how he develops. He looks athletic and with LAFC and Bradley he is with one of the top clubs and coaches in MLS. I wonder if LAFC see enough potential whether Niko will be one of the players QPR sells off during the summer.
Hämäläinen on 02:53 - Apr 21 with 1770 viewsVancouverHoop

It's true he didn't impact the game that much, but equally didn't do much wrong. I'm not sure if he's played wing-back before (?) so might have been a bit nervy.

I don't think he'd be sold. I doubt he'd fetch much and we're short of players in that position.

I absolutely agree that LAFC is an excellent place for him to develop
[Post edited 21 Apr 2019 2:55]
Hämäläinen on 09:07 - Apr 21 with 1583 viewsoldmisery

Hämäläinen on 00:54 - Apr 21 by B_Wad

Was going to create a post on this, so thank you for doing it. Living in Los Angeles, I saw that game as well and will be able to follow Niko while on loan here. I wasn't as impressed by his performance, but he at least got the start, even though he was the first player substituted off in the second half.

He seemed to drift around the touchline without a lot of purpose in the first half. It looked like someone talked to him about that at halftime as he moved a bit more central and got more involved during his last 15 minutes. Ultimately he didn't do much to distinguish himself, but clearly Bill Bradley seems something in him and is giving him an opportunity to get in games.

I'm excited to see how he develops. He looks athletic and with LAFC and Bradley he is with one of the top clubs and coaches in MLS. I wonder if LAFC see enough potential whether Niko will be one of the players QPR sells off during the summer.

The one issue I have relates to the concept of player development. N.H is 22 years old now and has been with the club for five years; indeed he made his first team debut three years ago. I'm inclined to think that if someone can't break into our current team at left back at the age of 22, then they're never going to be able to do so.
Login to get fewer ads

Hämäläinen on 09:59 - Apr 21 with 1521 viewsGloucs_R

He's 22, hardly played any first team football. Poorly managed by the club imo. Should have had 50 games under his belt by now. Another Kakay, not good enough for the championship but OK as a short term back up.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Hämäläinen on 07:50 - Apr 22 with 1279 viewsGloucs_R

Didn't even make the branch last night atheist Seattle

Hämäläinen on 14:28 - Apr 22 with 1153 viewsVancouverHoop

Hämäläinen on 07:50 - Apr 22 by Gloucs_R

Didn't even make the branch last night atheist Seattle

Atheist Seattle? As a god-fearing Vancouver resident I like that!

I think LAFC have back-to-back games with the Sounders so will probably be utilizing most of their squad.
Hämäläinen on 15:37 - Apr 22 with 1077 viewsGloucs_R

Hämäläinen on 14:28 - Apr 22 by VancouverHoop

Atheist Seattle? As a god-fearing Vancouver resident I like that!

I think LAFC have back-to-back games with the Sounders so will probably be utilizing most of their squad.

Got to love predictive text 😒

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024