Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After 53 years of season ticket this is it 18:53 - Apr 19 with 5259 viewssevenhoop

I just cannot cope with utter shite performances, mainly from the managers, who year in year out, week in week out, for season after season make such basic bad decisions, it is unbearable. Today a case in point. Why when we played a high pressing game with massive early success on Saturday would we not do the same today. Was Eustace overthinking it?

Why would Mcclaren find a way for us to be scoring goals with 3 at the back and Smith and Wells up front (yes we lost but we played great and were unlucky ), then deviate would from that? Why would he play against a team on strike with a centre forward and two wide players who hugged the touchline and no one in midfield backing up the centre forward?

Why was Steve Palmer played in centre midfield forever? Why was Karl Henry, possibly the most
limited midfielder of all time, played for season after season?

Why has our best player Freeman been played wide and totally negated for weeks (except Leeds)?

Why do we never turn up and roll our sleeves up at Brentford or Fulham?

Why have any number of players constantly been played out of position over the years when we can all see where they should be playing?

I swear I could do a better job than the lot of them (Warnock excluded).

And whilst I am about it, why are we the only club that I know that cedes noise and support behind the goal to the oppo fans and stick our loud ones in the bloody corner? They’re always noisier than ours, through no fault of theirs. Go to villa, Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Norwich, Newcastle and countless other places and you’re stuck in a godforsaken low or high corner or on the side because, do you know what, it means the oppo fans can’t see and can hardly be heard. Why not stick them in the corner of ellerslie and give our fans both ends

And another 500 and odd quid for next year to be served up guaranteed shit and heartache. If I could be bothered to go on, I could be here all night.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 6:39]
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 19:06 - Apr 19 with 4357 viewsMelakaRanger

I feel you pain and frustration. My first season ticket was 1967 though due to now living a 6+ hr journey from Loftus Rd I can now only attend a few matches each season.

In my mind we can be proud of the 30 years up to the mid 90s. Then we sold Sir Les and the rot set in very quickly. and since then , with the odd exception our two promotion years ( I don’t count the Rednapp promotion) we have been poor, often very poor.

So much money has been waisted on crap signings. And it seems even when we have had managers appointed who should have been good, they have been crap. Houston, Wilkins, Hughes to name but a few.

The good times will return but I am not that hopeful that they will return anytime soon.
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 19:16 - Apr 19 with 4292 viewssmegma

We were worse against Bolton and Rotherham, so why the hissy fit now ????
[Post edited 19 Apr 2019 19:24]
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 19:20 - Apr 19 with 4268 viewsbosh67

This is kind of why my dad and I gave up our tickets this year after 47 years. My dad hadn't been too well and we were getting fed up last season of seeing a group of capable players and mangers being out fought out thought and out foxed.

Eustace didn't have much luck strapping a defence together but I was very much hoping for his sake that the players would have a bit of momentum but they just didn't have it in them.

I always wonder why Smith doesn't start. Surely you play the one player who holds up defences and opens gaps, and defends well most matches?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 19:24 - Apr 19 with 4253 viewsMelakaRanger

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 19:16 - Apr 19 by smegma

Perhaps the kettle has been boiling for some time ? Maybe today it boiled over?

I think many of us feel the need to “vent off” from time to time. Whether it’s this last game or the Rotherham game or during on of our regular 6 or more game loosing streaks.

If you feel the need to let off steam then only “you” know when it’s the right time.

Calling his post a hissy fit is just gonna make his blood boil. Empathy is needed , not a put down.
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 20:50 - Apr 19 with 3958 viewsDesertBoot

18 years of being a ST holder won't be 19 next August. Utter dross being served out week after week, circumstances making it harder and harder to attend midweek games, sitting sideways so I can feel my legs at the final whistle. Pick and choose now - sorry QPR.

Wish I could be like David Watts

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 20:57 - Apr 19 with 3928 viewsericgen34

Bye
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 21:09 - Apr 19 with 3873 viewscolinallcars

I suppose if you're going to make the break this is the time to do it with the football often painful to watch for many reasons including poor platers and refs and all the cheating. I've been thinking of jacking it in for a few years as I have a long journey and a gammy leg. I won't renew.
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 21:56 - Apr 19 with 3753 viewsLblock

I think it’s called attrition

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 00:16 - Apr 20 with 3513 viewsridethewave

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 21:56 - Apr 19 by Lblock

I think it’s called attrition

Absolutely. This team, this club, just wear you down. Seriously, why would we not come out with the same high-press that embarrassed Swansea? The manager has deliberately changed the game plan and for what reason? It’s just exhausting watching this team.
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 06:25 - Apr 20 with 3353 viewsManinBlack

I totally understand where the OP is coming from and why losing at home to Blackburn yet again is too much to take. One lousy win in 22 meetings with them and nought out of 15 since 2000. We couldn't have done any worse playing Barcelona fifteen times. It doesn't matter how bad Rovers are we find a way to lose to them. If we can't beat them then either the club gives up the game or we do.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 6:27]
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 07:05 - Apr 20 with 3299 viewsjonno

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 00:16 - Apr 20 by ridethewave

Absolutely. This team, this club, just wear you down. Seriously, why would we not come out with the same high-press that embarrassed Swansea? The manager has deliberately changed the game plan and for what reason? It’s just exhausting watching this team.

Did he? He pretty much picked the same team as played against Swansea, apart from replacements for Leistner and Rangel who were unavailable. It's easy to blame the manager, but it's the players who are on the pitch. Doesn't seem to matter who the manager is, the team occasionally plays quite well but too regularly plays poorly. Those players yesterday were not working as hard as they did last Saturday which is one of the reasons we lost the game. Stupid mistakes and lack of effort are not down to the manager. Some of the players aren't up to this level and others can't be bothered, at least not every week. That is what it looks like to me anyway. Hardly the manager's fault.
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 07:49 - Apr 20 with 3181 viewshoopsmark

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 19:24 - Apr 19 by MelakaRanger

Perhaps the kettle has been boiling for some time ? Maybe today it boiled over?

I think many of us feel the need to “vent off” from time to time. Whether it’s this last game or the Rotherham game or during on of our regular 6 or more game loosing streaks.

If you feel the need to let off steam then only “you” know when it’s the right time.

Calling his post a hissy fit is just gonna make his blood boil. Empathy is needed , not a put down.

Absolutely well said Sir...
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 07:59 - Apr 20 with 3152 viewsBlue_Castello

Question for the OP not sure what age you got your first season ticket but would have thought you qualified for the Senior Discount, plus the Early Bird it's a lot less than 500, depending where you sit obviously but it certainly is in Silver.

Totally understand your frustrations we have been put through some utter dross this year but I guess I always live in hope. The Bolton and Rotherham games were an embarrassment, yesterday we were second best to a better team, although I thought with Bright up front we were very close to going in level at half time. The second half we just disappeared for a good half an hour and only came alive with the subs on the pitch.
Blackburn had far better attacking options against our makeshift back four, it' was a real shame Leistner and Rangel were injured we may well have coped a lot better.

Next season could well be worse than this year but it all depends what we do in the Summer obviously, Les, Lee and Amit really have a big job on their hands, lots of contracts finishing and presumably to be replaced by players on cheaper wages.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 8:13]
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 08:03 - Apr 20 with 3141 viewskingsburyR

Couldn't have written the OP better myself.

The weather was great, no traffic about yet I still didn't go and didn't even bother watching on the red button on Sky!

We got a new dog at the beginning of the week and she has given me more pleasure (steady!!!) in a week than Rangers have in the last couple of years.

I really really love my seat and I cant bear anyone else having it but I don't think I can renew again. Ill see how I feel when the season finishes and I will definitely watch for the auto-renewal date this time!

Its not the lack of quality, its the constant roll over with no effort that does my head in.

You R'ssssssssssssssss (sort of!)

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 08:14 - Apr 20 with 3116 viewspaulparker

I’m still struggling to work out why we sacked Olly when he was doing okay, he had a front four of mackie, Washington,Smith & Sylla he played the youngsters and were never in any relegation bother , ok at times it could be frustrating with him but he did what was asked but that wasn’t good enough for our board who thought we should be doing better !!! So we sack him and are paying his contract up, we replace him with Mclaren who let’s face it no one really wanted those who did were kidding themselves his remit was to do better and bring on the youngsters further, well that never happened and we are worse off and still could go down with this miss mash of a side no one has improved the young players are wasting away at Stevenage and other such clubs
And we find ourselves paying another managers contract up oh and let’s not forget the wages we are paying Cameron , hemed and wells per week
It’s a mess, it’s never going to change this season has been a massive waste of time and next year I’m struggling to think of any teams who are gonna be worse than us , we are fcuked my hoop friends

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 08:15 - Apr 20 with 3112 viewsWokingR

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 08:03 - Apr 20 by kingsburyR

Couldn't have written the OP better myself.

The weather was great, no traffic about yet I still didn't go and didn't even bother watching on the red button on Sky!

We got a new dog at the beginning of the week and she has given me more pleasure (steady!!!) in a week than Rangers have in the last couple of years.

I really really love my seat and I cant bear anyone else having it but I don't think I can renew again. Ill see how I feel when the season finishes and I will definitely watch for the auto-renewal date this time!

Its not the lack of quality, its the constant roll over with no effort that does my head in.

You R'ssssssssssssssss (sort of!)

See you in August
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 10:23 - Apr 20 with 2864 viewssmegma

I remember walking out of the Lower Loft back in November 2001 having just lost to Vauxhall Motors. I had flown home from my father in law s funeral in China to be at the game. I had to change my flights as I didn't expect a replay.We landed at Heathrow about 4 hours before kick off.During the post mortem in the pub I said we would never fall any lower than that result. Nothing that has happened in the following 18 years has been worse. That was our nadir. I still don't think we will ever go lower than that night.
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 10:26 - Apr 20 with 2860 viewsbosh67

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 10:23 - Apr 20 by smegma

I remember walking out of the Lower Loft back in November 2001 having just lost to Vauxhall Motors. I had flown home from my father in law s funeral in China to be at the game. I had to change my flights as I didn't expect a replay.We landed at Heathrow about 4 hours before kick off.During the post mortem in the pub I said we would never fall any lower than that result. Nothing that has happened in the following 18 years has been worse. That was our nadir. I still don't think we will ever go lower than that night.

Oh give it some time, I'm sure we can!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 10:52 - Apr 20 with 2821 viewsHantsR

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 07:59 - Apr 20 by Blue_Castello

Question for the OP not sure what age you got your first season ticket but would have thought you qualified for the Senior Discount, plus the Early Bird it's a lot less than 500, depending where you sit obviously but it certainly is in Silver.

Totally understand your frustrations we have been put through some utter dross this year but I guess I always live in hope. The Bolton and Rotherham games were an embarrassment, yesterday we were second best to a better team, although I thought with Bright up front we were very close to going in level at half time. The second half we just disappeared for a good half an hour and only came alive with the subs on the pitch.
Blackburn had far better attacking options against our makeshift back four, it' was a real shame Leistner and Rangel were injured we may well have coped a lot better.

Next season could well be worse than this year but it all depends what we do in the Summer obviously, Les, Lee and Amit really have a big job on their hands, lots of contracts finishing and presumably to be replaced by players on cheaper wages.

You're right - I'm a senior concession in Platinum SAR and only a bit over £400 for one of the best views in the house.
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 11:00 - Apr 20 with 2809 viewssevenhoop

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 07:59 - Apr 20 by Blue_Castello

59 next week. Im not quite there yet.

My dad is 86 and qualifies, as does my mum, 83. No idea how they'll get there next season, as they won't want to drive
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 11:02 - Apr 20 with 2804 viewssevenhoop

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 19:06 - Apr 19 by MelakaRanger

I feel you pain and frustration. My first season ticket was 1967 though due to now living a 6+ hr journey from Loftus Rd I can now only attend a few matches each season.

In my mind we can be proud of the 30 years up to the mid 90s. Then we sold Sir Les and the rot set in very quickly. and since then , with the odd exception our two promotion years ( I don’t count the Rednapp promotion) we have been poor, often very poor.

So much money has been waisted on crap signings. And it seems even when we have had managers appointed who should have been good, they have been crap. Houston, Wilkins, Hughes to name but a few.

The good times will return but I am not that hopeful that they will return anytime soon.

spot on Melaka
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 11:11 - Apr 20 with 2775 viewsstowmarketrange

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 08:14 - Apr 20 by paulparker

I’m still struggling to work out why we sacked Olly when he was doing okay, he had a front four of mackie, Washington,Smith & Sylla he played the youngsters and were never in any relegation bother , ok at times it could be frustrating with him but he did what was asked but that wasn’t good enough for our board who thought we should be doing better !!! So we sack him and are paying his contract up, we replace him with Mclaren who let’s face it no one really wanted those who did were kidding themselves his remit was to do better and bring on the youngsters further, well that never happened and we are worse off and still could go down with this miss mash of a side no one has improved the young players are wasting away at Stevenage and other such clubs
And we find ourselves paying another managers contract up oh and let’s not forget the wages we are paying Cameron , hemed and wells per week
It’s a mess, it’s never going to change this season has been a massive waste of time and next year I’m struggling to think of any teams who are gonna be worse than us , we are fcuked my hoop friends

Apart from the fact that we would’ve gone down the previous season if we hadn’t beaten forest in our last home game.
We certainly wouldn’t be much worse off if we’d kept Holloway.
After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 11:25 - Apr 20 with 2753 viewsDorse

I get where the OP is coming from - it doesn't come over as being overly negative or histrionic, just frustrated to the point of distraction. I feel, broadly, the same way. Since, say, 1996 we have had a series of what could most kindly be described as 'false dawns'. I was reflecting on this yesterday when chatting with Mini Dorse. I found myself saying that 'next season could be the turning point for us. Young players, motivated squad, no more big names and salaries.... etc'. How many times have I thought that after a mediocre season?

In no particular order:
Wilkins is here! Now we'll play silky football and have all of the Ferdinand money to reinforce the squad... Ned who? Ah fcuk.
De Canio has got us moving this season! Next season we can push on and... What? He's leaving?
Magilton is definitely the answer! The players are running through walls for him and .... He nutted who?!
Paolo Sousa: one of Portugal's golden generation! Here! At QPR! OK world, get ready for some real football... ah, come on, not again.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink fits our profile exactly: up and coming, successful lower-league manager, buy low - sell high.... 16th again, you say?

Why do we keep doing this to ourselves?

However, next season will definitely be different.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 13:00 - Apr 20 with 2610 viewsTacticalR

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 08:14 - Apr 20 by paulparker

It's even more obvious in retrospect that we've been busy doing nothing and getting nowhere.

Under Holloway there seemed to be a plan of some sort, a hope that we might actually be adapting to the conditions we find ourselves in, and even some vague hope for the future with a few young prospects. Then there was a Venkys-style imperial edict for change. (Although to be fair to them even the Venkys know how to outplay Fernandes).

Air hostess clique

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 13:36 - Apr 20 with 2545 viewsRs_Holy

After 53 years of season ticket this is it on 11:00 - Apr 20 by sevenhoop

59 next week. Im not quite there yet.

My dad is 86 and qualifies, as does my mum, 83. No idea how they'll get there next season, as they won't want to drive

Get a Membership SevenHoop. I gave up my season ticket a few years ago but have had a membership ever since... if it’s a poor season I go 4 or 5 times, if it’s good I go about a dozen times. Going less often makes you appreciate it more when you do attend a match!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024