Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Cousins knee 21:08 - Apr 19 with 3508 viewsRed_Ranger

Any update?
Anyone get a good look at what happened, looked like he collided with Bright?
Jordan Cousins knee on 21:16 - Apr 19 with 3460 viewscolinallcars

I thought itwas a broken leg. They put a splint on his leg before putting him on the stretcher. I'm not his biggest fan but hope he's OK.
Jordan Cousins knee on 21:24 - Apr 19 with 3417 viewstraininvain

Feel sorry for Cousins. His contract expires end of this season and must be worrying about his livelihood right now. Hope it’s not too serious and wish him a speedy recovery.
Jordan Cousins knee on 21:33 - Apr 19 with 3374 viewseghamranger

Jordan Cousins knee on 21:24 - Apr 19 by traininvain

Feel sorry for Cousins. His contract expires end of this season and must be worrying about his livelihood right now. Hope it’s not too serious and wish him a speedy recovery.

You would hope that the club would renew for a year and help him through the injury.

I’ve heard he’s a really nice fella and has played well at times this season.
Jordan Cousins knee on 21:43 - Apr 19 with 3319 viewsDWQPR

From my position I thought their player went through the back of him.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Jordan Cousins knee on 22:51 - Apr 19 with 3123 viewskensalriser

Couldn't believe there wasn't a card for that. Terrible ref.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Jordan Cousins knee on 23:01 - Apr 19 with 3086 viewsLongsufferingR

Looked like he twisted his knee to me so may be ligament damage. Certainly no foul.
Jordan Cousins knee on 23:52 - Apr 19 with 2971 viewsloftboy

Jordan Cousins knee on 23:01 - Apr 19 by LongsufferingR

Looked like he twisted his knee to me so may be ligament damage. Certainly no foul.

My view from the west paddock certainly looked like a Blackburn player went through the back of him, was shocked there was no card.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Jordan Cousins knee on 00:22 - Apr 20 with 2914 viewsridethewave

Jordan Cousins knee on 21:33 - Apr 19 by eghamranger

You would hope that the club would renew for a year and help him through the injury.

Why would we hope that? We haven’t got the money to spend rehabilitating a player we know we don’t want just because he’s a nice chap. I feel really sorry for him but that’s not an excuse to extend his contract.
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Cousins knee on 00:44 - Apr 20 with 2866 viewsWilloW4

Jordan Cousins knee on 00:22 - Apr 20 by ridethewave

Why would we hope that? We haven’t got the money to spend rehabilitating a player we know we don’t want just because he’s a nice chap. I feel really sorry for him but that’s not an excuse to extend his contract.

Exactly, and let's be honest he's not much cop.. Consistently below average.
Jordan Cousins knee on 06:34 - Apr 20 with 2699 viewsWatford_Ranger

Sad for the bloke but that’s the risk of the profession.

I won’t say he’s been absolute dross for the vast majority of his time here, but he has been.
Jordan Cousins knee on 09:12 - Apr 20 with 2426 viewsFrankRightguard

Even if they didn’t renew, it is commonplace for a club to deal with the rehab of an injured player if their contract has expired
Jordan Cousins knee on 09:27 - Apr 20 with 2389 viewsGloucs_R

Rehab... Fine. Paying him, no way. He's had in excess of £1.5m out of us over the last 3 years.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Jordan Cousins knee on 09:28 - Apr 20 with 2382 viewsfrancisbowles

Presumably there is insurance cover available. Use that, let him have access to our facilities and staff, train with us when he is ready and when fit offer him a pay as you play deal with an option on our side to extend into a regular deal.

A big blow for Cousins at a time when his performances had improved, he had become a fairly regular starter and was looking for a contract, somewhere, for next season.

I hope it's not as bad as it looks and wish him well for the future.
Jordan Cousins knee on 10:21 - Apr 20 with 2262 viewsbosh67

Feel for him but I am sure there will be insurance in place. I think it is unlikely he will get another contract because he will be one of the higher earners. But I hope he makes a complete recovery and gets to play at a decent level again. Sadly we can't carry players through rehab, especially ones that will be out of contract. All the best to him. God loves a trier and he tries, but we have only seen glimpses of a player that is possibly in there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jordan Cousins knee on 10:56 - Apr 20 with 2233 viewscolinallcars

Nothing on the offish, nothing about him being taken to hospital or anything like that. Perhaps not as bad as feared ?
Jordan Cousins knee on 11:37 - Apr 20 with 2164 viewsthompsonridd

Isn't it amazing how a player picks up his game when his contract is nearing the end!!!

Obviously hope he's ok, but don't rate him at all
Jordan Cousins knee on 11:45 - Apr 20 with 2141 viewsNed_Kennedys

Jordan Cousins knee on 11:37 - Apr 20 by thompsonridd

Isn't it amazing how a player picks up his game when his contract is nearing the end!!!

He was great against Swansea but was awful yesterday before he got injured. He has been awful a load more times than he has been great.
I wouldn't offer him a new contract.
Jordan Cousins knee on 11:49 - Apr 20 with 2122 viewsdanehoop

Jordan Cousins knee on 11:37 - Apr 20 by thompsonridd

He has had a rotten run of luck with injuries which didn't help his cause, but nor did managers playing him out of position then dropping for months as a time. Confidence must have been hard hit. Now starting to play in a more central position, rather than attempting to play as a winger and getting a run of games and started to show his worth.

I like him, but we probably couldn't have afforded to extend his contract on current wages, so whilst I hope he recovers quickly I suspect he wouldn't be with us next year on cost grounds.

Never knowingly understood

Jordan Cousins knee on 13:33 - Apr 20 with 1894 viewsLblock

I would hope he’s pulled the hooped shirt on for the last time (unless he joins Celtic or Reading.... although more likely Yeovil)

Another player signed from a relegated club who hasn’t lived up to the hype and his minutes per pound taken out of the club must be comparable to the ratio of some of the worst mercenaries we’ve had of late.
I wish him well in his recovery and no doubt he’ll walk back into Charlton considerably richer than when he left and well rested from doing the square root of fcuk all for best part of three years. I also expect he’ll be a roaring success there.

Next!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jordan Cousins knee on 18:26 - Apr 21 with 1489 viewsbosh67

On the offish now saying injury not anywhere near as bad as first feared. Knee is okay, some ankle ligament damage but off crutches and out of protective boot already. Could be back training within 2 weeks and even back to his bang average best for the last game of the season. Pleased for him that it isn't a 6-9 month horror. Sounds like he's got away with it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jordan Cousins knee on 18:33 - Apr 21 with 1478 viewsGloucs_R

Jordan Cousins knee on 18:26 - Apr 21 by bosh67

On the offish now saying injury not anywhere near as bad as first feared. Knee is okay, some ankle ligament damage but off crutches and out of protective boot already. Could be back training within 2 weeks and even back to his bang average best for the last game of the season. Pleased for him that it isn't a 6-9 month horror. Sounds like he's got away with it.

Joy. Expect a new contract imminently then.

🙄

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Jordan Cousins knee on 08:15 - Apr 22 with 1202 viewsToast_R

Good name for a quiz team
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024