Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax 09:08 - Apr 20 with 5765 viewsTGRRRSSS

Had a look at the attendance yesterday and I see it was a mere 13k odd again, which allowing for the fact Blackburn didn't bring that many it got me thinking yesterday morning about the fact QPR charge more on the day, with many on here thinking of jacking their ST and me personally knowing someone who's turning in his (I've never held an ST for various reasons).

I considered going - however the poor play, the likelihood of a defeat the cost of travelling back and forth, and my view that paying extra because I decided to turn up on the day despite the weather and it being a long Bank Holiday weekend, meant I decided not too.

It is something that along with the handling fees nonsense, when they do less and less now, barely producing match day tickets when I bought 2 for Bolton last month, anyway I think it's time for Lee to scrap his turn up tax!

if QPR are serious about the fans, this and handling fees is a way they could start to become the Fan friendly club they claim to be.

Yes I know there are various reasons but it's something for the club too look at especially the turn up tax, which could cost quite a lot of money in potential revenue on the day especially a bright, sunny warm bank holiday watching an substandard team labour to yet another defeat.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 9:20]
Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 11:29 - Apr 22 with 1029 viewsterryb

Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 10:52 - Apr 22 by Lblock

This focuses purely on turnstiles money but there’s a bigger picture surely?

More arses crammed into crippling seats means spin offs such as increases in
Merchandise sales
Higher charges to franchises running food / drink
Even bring such franchises back in house and bag profits
Higher requests for corporate offerings
Better atmosphere and potentially better on pitch success
On pitch success means more money from Sky, more competition money etc
And so on and so on

You’d think someone who’d apparently built up one of the worlds most successful budget airlines would have a grasp of these basics but apparently not

I do agree with this. I wasn't arguing that we shouldn't reduce prices, simply that by doing so won't automatically increase our revenue.

I do query though how much extra income we receive from higher crowds. Do the "extra" 2,000 or 4,000 fans buy much merchandise? Do they buy food/drink in the ground? Would there be enough products available at the kiosk to service the extra sales?

The answer to these surely is whether they are new "customers" or lapsed Rangers fans?

If you've given up an ST & are picking which matches to watch, will you really buy the merchandise? Will you really spend money on the poor food & drinks in the ground, or will you spend that money in the pub? I know where i would spend my money & I doubt that i've bought anything in the club shop this decade!
Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 12:29 - Apr 22 with 989 viewsfrancisbowles

Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 11:19 - Apr 22 by terryb

I actually meant 18,000 & £20 per head to illustrate that we would need to virtually sell out to equal the ticket turnover.

Got you, so a reduction from £30 to £20 would mean another 6,000 seats need to be sold to break even. Unlikely to happen regularly.

To others who say increased attendances mean extra income in other ways. It may not add much as our facilities are overcrowded anyway. The kiosks always have a queue and the club shop is packed on match days and cannot even be open after the game.

I try not to purchase anything and rarely do, maybe water on a very hot day or use QPR cash in the club shop.
Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 13:04 - Apr 22 with 954 viewsLythamR

Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 12:29 - Apr 22 by francisbowles

Got you, so a reduction from £30 to £20 would mean another 6,000 seats need to be sold to break even. Unlikely to happen regularly.

To others who say increased attendances mean extra income in other ways. It may not add much as our facilities are overcrowded anyway. The kiosks always have a queue and the club shop is packed on match days and cannot even be open after the game.

I try not to purchase anything and rarely do, maybe water on a very hot day or use QPR cash in the club shop.

For me any arguments by the club regarding, this model or that model to maximise revenue pale into insignificance compared with the way they burn money on the playing staff and squad, Lua Lua loan, hamed AND wells, sacking Holloway but still having to pay him for another year, ditto for McClaren

we now appear to be aiming for a much reduced squad budget for next season but with ticket prices remaining the same. there is only so much that people will take and for a lot i suspect the limit has been reached

Personally i expect i will renew but i have little hope left that things will be better next season, FFP is destroying hope and without hope or expectation you are left with blind loyalty and for QPR that ads up to about 8k STs at best.

With the ST prices high you cant have to many instances of attractive prices for for individual matches or you pee off the ST holders even more and risk losing them the following season, Its a tricky balancing act for sure.
Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 17:55 - Apr 22 with 871 viewsqprewan

Lee Hoos can do one...after 15 years + as a Season ticket holder along with my son i am having a break ...whilst Hoos is out meeting the fans and selling the new stadium bollocks he should instead be acknowledging the fact that our support is haemorraging both home and away but judging by other comments here that is of no concern to him.
No longer can we claim to have a 'cracking ' atmosphere at Loftus Rd; those days are long gone. I will always be a QPR fan but until the owners of our club start talking straight about the God almighty mess we are in and start showing some appreciation of longstanding fans by reducing prices then I will find other things to do on most Saturdays .
Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 22:47 - Apr 23 with 708 viewsfrancisbowles

Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 17:55 - Apr 22 by qprewan

Lee Hoos can do one...after 15 years + as a Season ticket holder along with my son i am having a break ...whilst Hoos is out meeting the fans and selling the new stadium bollocks he should instead be acknowledging the fact that our support is haemorraging both home and away but judging by other comments here that is of no concern to him.
No longer can we claim to have a 'cracking ' atmosphere at Loftus Rd; those days are long gone. I will always be a QPR fan but until the owners of our club start talking straight about the God almighty mess we are in and start showing some appreciation of longstanding fans by reducing prices then I will find other things to do on most Saturdays .

I'm confused. This thread stated as a complaint that on the day prices were higher than advance bookings and the debate was the club stating extra costs versus some on here saying that the club are turning off those fans that might make their minds up on the day to attend a match, depending on home life factors, the weather etc.

You don't seem to have anything to say on that but are having a wild rant at Lee Hoos, the club, the atmosphere, trying to get new facilities, shrinking attendances, the 'mess' and season ticket prices not being reduced.
Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 09:42 - Apr 24 with 623 viewsqprewan

Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 22:47 - Apr 23 by francisbowles

I'm confused. This thread stated as a complaint that on the day prices were higher than advance bookings and the debate was the club stating extra costs versus some on here saying that the club are turning off those fans that might make their minds up on the day to attend a match, depending on home life factors, the weather etc.

You don't seem to have anything to say on that but are having a wild rant at Lee Hoos, the club, the atmosphere, trying to get new facilities, shrinking attendances, the 'mess' and season ticket prices not being reduced.

I am expanding on the original post and saying that imo all prices are now way to high, given the state of the team and the fact that it is likely to be worse next year. I think this should be of massive concern to all of us and yes I think Hoos should be held responsible along with others and should have some plan to address it. We have been in steady decline for some time now ...you only need to look around you at all the empty seats to see that there is a real problem . People are also stopping traveling away and these are our die hard fans ..just look at our support at Millwall one of our only 2 London derbies it was pitiful..so yes I make no apology for my 'rant ' ..I like many others have had enough and think we need much cheaper pricing across the board to win the fans back
Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 10:03 - Apr 24 with 595 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Lee Hoos turn up ticket Tax on 09:42 - Apr 24 by qprewan

I am expanding on the original post and saying that imo all prices are now way to high, given the state of the team and the fact that it is likely to be worse next year. I think this should be of massive concern to all of us and yes I think Hoos should be held responsible along with others and should have some plan to address it. We have been in steady decline for some time now ...you only need to look around you at all the empty seats to see that there is a real problem . People are also stopping traveling away and these are our die hard fans ..just look at our support at Millwall one of our only 2 London derbies it was pitiful..so yes I make no apology for my 'rant ' ..I like many others have had enough and think we need much cheaper pricing across the board to win the fans back

I think the Board have done ok in terms of not increasing prices for the last few seasons given the FFP situation/straightjacket we are under.

I think most people understand this but I can sympathise with your view.

I am not sure Hoos can do a lot more than hope any new manager gets it right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024