Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. 07:08 - Apr 21 with 9175 viewsEsox_Lucius

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6943429/Mark-Warburton-frame-

The grass is always greener.

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 07:16 - Apr 21 with 7202 viewsmikeygunn

No mention of Sherwood. Interesting.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 07:40 - Apr 21 with 7121 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’m sure Mark Warburton is a great manager but it won’t work for him (or anybody) at QPR.

Whoever arrives has to remove 6 other layers of manager from the from the first team squad first and I don’t think the people in charge or the fans have the patience to wait.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2019 7:42]
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 07:49 - Apr 21 with 7091 viewsRangersDave

I'm not sure "toast" is the right choice to be honest.

However, who is? Anyone that comes to Rangers now must be in a tricky situation..... he or she will have no money to spend, be shackled by a transfer embargo, and have to help clear the financial books.

Not sure i could look on any manager who is 'named' as not just after a 3 year contract with some filthy lucre thrown in.

We could do with someone on a reasonable basic with a 1 year rolling contract, and on win / points bonuses.

Maybe we might need to look at who's pulling up trees in non league?

Either way unless we get bought out (again) or fight this laughable fine and FFP, we is in the shyte for many many more years.

I think i've resigned myself to not seeing Rangers perform in the top league and holding their own or god forbid, challenging for anything, in what remains of my lifetime (and i'm hoping i have 30 or more years left).

getting a named manager could well be a 'poison challice' for him/her and Rangers.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 08:00 - Apr 21 with 7052 viewsDejR_vu

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 07:40 - Apr 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m sure Mark Warburton is a great manager but it won’t work for him (or anybody) at QPR.

Whoever arrives has to remove 6 other layers of manager from the from the first team squad first and I don’t think the people in charge or the fans have the patience to wait.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2019 7:42]

Whoever they appoint shouldn’t be thinking in terms of who they can move on and replace and when. They should be appointed on the clear understanding that they work with what they have and what they’re given in the future. The club needs to start walking the walk with the DofF strategy. If they appoint Warburton it would suggest more of the same.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 08:50 - Apr 21 with 6891 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm sure he won't be the only candidate invited back for a second chat.

It's good that we're finally doing this right - proper interviews, second round of interviews, etc. Hopefully the talk of foreign managers is also true as it would show due diligence.

Even if a particular candidate is not 100% top choice it's only wise to talk to plenty candidates. If there was only one small idea picked up from each interview it's worth an hour or two.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 09:09 - Apr 21 with 6812 viewsDylanP

Why did we fire Olly. For that matter, why did we fire Steve?

No decent manager is going to risk their career on a team who cannot go a whole year without firing the manager and doesn't have any money to spend. They know they won't have money to spend or time to develop the team. So they will have to rush to get their system in place using players picked and groomed by other managers. And it'll all be rush rush before management gets impatient and 6 months later start interviewing their successor.

What's the bleedin point? Why not give a manager the 2 or 3 years that it actually takes to put a team together when you cannot just buy the team a la carte?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 09:19 - Apr 21 with 6758 viewsDejR_vu

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 09:09 - Apr 21 by DylanP

Why did we fire Olly. For that matter, why did we fire Steve?

No decent manager is going to risk their career on a team who cannot go a whole year without firing the manager and doesn't have any money to spend. They know they won't have money to spend or time to develop the team. So they will have to rush to get their system in place using players picked and groomed by other managers. And it'll all be rush rush before management gets impatient and 6 months later start interviewing their successor.

What's the bleedin point? Why not give a manager the 2 or 3 years that it actually takes to put a team together when you cannot just buy the team a la carte?

I thought the club were as patient as they could be with SM. 7 straight defeats and 1 win in 15, with no real indication things would improve; i don’t think he can have any complaints given the players he loaned in. Eustace changed things for Millwall and Swansea. SM flogged the same players to death. I think had he stayed we would be 4 points worse off and on the way down.

There must be some decent managers working under similar constraints, doing decent jobs, without using those issues as excuses for failure.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 09:50 - Apr 21 with 6651 viewsbosh67

I really do wonder what the logic was to let Ollie go but I can sort of understand why Steve went because I think the players enjoyed the coaching but realised there was no game plan. Eustace is doing his best with a group of players that have some kind of ADS issue when it comes to listening to a plan so it will be a real challenge for whoever ends up managing the team.

I would be quite happy with Warburton. I'd prefer we stay with Eustace whatever the next few results are because he is young, ambitious and I think given a chance he would get more out of a young squad. But, given that he won't get it Warburton, if he gets along with Hoos is the best choice. He's a planet business brain so he brings that to the club with its financial issues and development beyond the playing side, plus he is an aggressive attacking manager (or has been) and I think we may see a more attacking team under him.

We shall see. I have a feeling they may appoint Bircham.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 09:52 - Apr 21 with 6643 viewskropotkin41

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 10:11 - Apr 21 with 6570 viewsbosh67

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 09:52 - Apr 21 by kropotkin41

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

This should be written across the pitch when we kick off. For the last 50 odd years we have hit a long diagonal ball into row F or to the opposing left or right back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 10:12 - Apr 21 with 6570 viewsFDC

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 09:52 - Apr 21 by kropotkin41

<tries to resist impulsive pedantry>
<fails>

Nope. That's not what insanity is.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 10:17 - Apr 21 with 6546 viewsLblock

Warburton would either have to have reconsidered his view to working under a DoF or our DoF is soon to depart.

We’ll see

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 10:33 - Apr 21 with 6487 viewsQPR_John

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 07:49 - Apr 21 by RangersDave

I'm not sure "toast" is the right choice to be honest.

However, who is? Anyone that comes to Rangers now must be in a tricky situation..... he or she will have no money to spend, be shackled by a transfer embargo, and have to help clear the financial books.

Not sure i could look on any manager who is 'named' as not just after a 3 year contract with some filthy lucre thrown in.

We could do with someone on a reasonable basic with a 1 year rolling contract, and on win / points bonuses.

Maybe we might need to look at who's pulling up trees in non league?

Either way unless we get bought out (again) or fight this laughable fine and FFP, we is in the shyte for many many more years.

I think i've resigned myself to not seeing Rangers perform in the top league and holding their own or god forbid, challenging for anything, in what remains of my lifetime (and i'm hoping i have 30 or more years left).

getting a named manager could well be a 'poison challice' for him/her and Rangers.

"be shackled by a transfer embargo"

Have I missed something thought the embargo was for one window only
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 11:04 - Apr 21 with 6371 viewsstevec

I’d like to see us managed by a players collective for one season.

And when that goes wrong at least we’ll be blaming the right people for once.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 11:14 - Apr 21 with 6322 viewsHunterhoop

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 10:17 - Apr 21 by Lblock

Warburton would either have to have reconsidered his view to working under a DoF or our DoF is soon to depart.

We’ll see

Hopefully the former. I always worry why anyone would have a problem with it. Works at so many countries and clubs. The only reason I can think of is a very “Harry Redknapp” one.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 11:24 - Apr 21 with 6278 viewsStanisgod

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 10:33 - Apr 21 by QPR_John

"be shackled by a transfer embargo"

Have I missed something thought the embargo was for one window only

That's what I thought

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 11:34 - Apr 21 with 6252 viewspaulparker

I for one hope we get him only because I had a fiver on him at 8-1 2 weeks ago
I also had a fiver on Appleton at 22-1

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 11:36 - Apr 21 with 6242 viewswood_hoop

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 11:14 - Apr 21 by Hunterhoop

Hopefully the former. I always worry why anyone would have a problem with it. Works at so many countries and clubs. The only reason I can think of is a very “Harry Redknapp” one.

Views can change, who knows in this case.

Got reasonable experience in coaching u9s to the big boys so on paper not the worst.

Win ratio's which seem to carry a fair bit of weight at 55%

Not been in employed in management for 18 months so not what you call 'in demand'

Maybe just not applied at our sort of level ( Championship)

So probably depends on his demands and whether Sir Les can get the sort of assurances
that are required to fill our 'hot seat'.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 11:45 - Apr 21 with 6204 viewsHarbour

Got a decent win ratio record 50% Brentford Notts Forest 40% Glasgow Rangers 65% if any of that means much
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 12:23 - Apr 21 with 6106 viewsonlyrinmoray

Ive got to repeat myself !!! Why did we sack Neil Warnock our most successful recent manager? I will tell you why, it was the QPR supporters who wanted him out as we had lost a few matches in the Premier League and got a last minute equaliser at MK Dons in the cup For the massed ranks to chant "You don't know what you are doing"

The owners panicked because of this, and sacked him, after all he had achieved. We supporters only have ourselves to blame for the mess we are in
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 12:27 - Apr 21 with 6094 viewsNed_Kennedys

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 12:23 - Apr 21 by onlyrinmoray

Ive got to repeat myself !!! Why did we sack Neil Warnock our most successful recent manager? I will tell you why, it was the QPR supporters who wanted him out as we had lost a few matches in the Premier League and got a last minute equaliser at MK Dons in the cup For the massed ranks to chant "You don't know what you are doing"

The owners panicked because of this, and sacked him, after all he had achieved. We supporters only have ourselves to blame for the mess we are in

No we do not.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 12:34 - Apr 21 with 6071 viewsDorse

Whoever takes the job is fcuked, whatever they do. We are QPR. Above the entrance to the manager's office is the carved inscription 'Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter'.

On the other hand, all will be well next season as we unleash the 'Class Of 20' on the unsuspecting Championship. Manager X will be in place for the next 15 years and we'll be Champions League winners no later than 2029.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 13:19 - Apr 21 with 5969 viewskensalriser

Except it's not.

http://professorbuzzkill.com/einstein-insanity-qnq/

If you think about it, it's more a definition of stupidity.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 13:57 - Apr 21 with 5874 viewsfrancisbowles

Does it really matter why we sacked NW, IH, RW etc.

It's all history now. We all know the history, hopefully the club has learnt from it, so surely time to move on and look to the future.
Mark Warburton has second interview for managers job at QPR. on 14:28 - Apr 21 with 5791 viewsRs_Holy

It’s a yes from me!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024