Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely robbed today 17:14 - Apr 22 with 5625 viewsbosh67

How crap has our luck been with refereeing this season. Absolutely didn't deserve that. Big effort today, worked really hard and got absolutely done by the ref.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Absolutely robbed today on 17:20 - Apr 22 with 4109 viewsstowmarketrange

And our inability to score a goal.We missed a few chances to get ahead before the ref gave them the game.
Absolutely robbed today on 17:23 - Apr 22 with 4066 viewsJAPRANGERS

Absolutely robbed today on 17:20 - Apr 22 by stowmarketrange

And our inability to score a goal.We missed a few chances to get ahead before the ref gave them the game.

We need a better goalkeeper and strikers who actually know where the goal is. Shame we have no dosh.
Absolutely robbed today on 17:26 - Apr 22 with 4030 viewsstevec

Know we stay up but gutted about the result today, referee should give the game up.

Never expected that performance, Manning, Scowen, Luongo, Pav, Cameron, Furlong, Freeman looked like they belong at this level, BOS could be dangerous if we actually had any strikers worthy of the name and I know many won’t agree but that keeper is not good enough.
Absolutely robbed today on 17:28 - Apr 22 with 4001 viewsqprmike

Agree thought we played and managed the game really well. Obv no replays but looked likes foul against us as we had the ball
Absolutely robbed today on 17:28 - Apr 22 with 3993 viewsthame_hoops

Boro and Brizzle probably aren’t best pleased with the ref either
Absolutely robbed today on 17:35 - Apr 22 with 3909 viewsnix

Agree that we had ample chances to win that. Annoying that it's our expensive signings upfront that can't find the net. Although Matt Smith should have hit the target at least with a free header late on.

But still. Really hacked off with the refereeing. It started off quite brightly this season but the inconsistency has really got my goat. We get booked for a foul that then they don't. We get penalties against us but they don't for a similar level offence.

I do wonder if referees look up past stats and earlier poor decisions by other referees then count against us. So if we've given a lot of penalties away, they think we must commit more fouls in the penalty area than other teams, so give them the benefit of the doubt next time.

Whatever the reason, I'm finding it really tough. Losing fair and square is one thing but losing to those goals in injury time against Bristol City and Derby, just infuriating.
Absolutely robbed today on 17:40 - Apr 22 with 3853 viewsjohncharles

Nothing to do with luck. More to do with money changing hands

Strong and stable my arse.

Absolutely robbed today on 17:40 - Apr 22 with 3855 viewsDorse

Penalty? The ref needs to take his brave pills and admit he got that one wrong.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely robbed today on 17:46 - Apr 22 with 3763 viewsjohncharles

Absolutely robbed today on 17:40 - Apr 22 by Dorse

Penalty? The ref needs to take his brave pills and admit he got that one wrong.

But of course Dorse he never will. Will anybody at the FA take him to account ? No, which is why the EFL is so open to corruption. If the powers that be don’t investigate this then they are all in it together.

Strong and stable my arse.

Absolutely robbed today on 18:23 - Apr 22 with 3519 viewsParkRoyalR

Absolutely robbed today on 17:26 - Apr 22 by stevec

Know we stay up but gutted about the result today, referee should give the game up.

Never expected that performance, Manning, Scowen, Luongo, Pav, Cameron, Furlong, Freeman looked like they belong at this level, BOS could be dangerous if we actually had any strikers worthy of the name and I know many won’t agree but that keeper is not good enough.

Thought Lumley did well today - Now if Matt Smith could turn his head when his feet are off the ground - we could have won that game.
Absolutely robbed today on 18:46 - Apr 22 with 3383 viewsoldmisery

Absolutely robbed today on 18:23 - Apr 22 by ParkRoyalR

Thought Lumley did well today - Now if Matt Smith could turn his head when his feet are off the ground - we could have won that game.

Only a few goalies are adept at saving penalties (think Alex Smithies) but I'm afraid Joe isn't one of them. For the second game running he guessed correctly and went the right way. Fortunately on both occasions neither was struck particularly hard. However, unfortunately for the second game running he wasn't able to get a strong enough hand on the ball in order to palm it round the post. And his attempt to save the second goal was woeful. I said in another post that we will almost certainly need a better keeper next year in order to try and preserve our Championship status; the guy who has only played two (cup) games for Cardiff might be the answer. Any chance of getting him on loan?
Absolutely robbed today on 18:50 - Apr 22 with 3357 viewsNortholt_Rs

Absolutely robbed today on 18:23 - Apr 22 by ParkRoyalR

Bloke has a head like a threepenny bit FFS!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Absolutely robbed today on 19:23 - Apr 22 with 3138 viewsdavman

Absolutely robbed today on 17:35 - Apr 22 by nix

Agree that we had ample chances to win that. Annoying that it's our expensive signings upfront that can't find the net. Although Matt Smith should have hit the target at least with a free header late on.

But still. Really hacked off with the refereeing. It started off quite brightly this season but the inconsistency has really got my goat. We get booked for a foul that then they don't. We get penalties against us but they don't for a similar level offence.

I do wonder if referees look up past stats and earlier poor decisions by other referees then count against us. So if we've given a lot of penalties away, they think we must commit more fouls in the penalty area than other teams, so give them the benefit of the doubt next time.

Whatever the reason, I'm finding it really tough. Losing fair and square is one thing but losing to those goals in injury time against Bristol City and Derby, just infuriating.

... don't forget JakefeckingLivermore's winner when he should have been sent off.

This lot are PROFESSIONALS too. Just think about that for a moment. This is what they do for an actual living. They are viewed amongst the top 100 in that profession.

If any of us were that bad at our job, we would not last long.

Yes, there was some time wasting, but 9 minutes?!

Still, just like Scowen at Blackburn earlier this year, Freeman did not need to give them a decision to make.

Can anyone remember ANY controversial decision going our way this season?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Absolutely robbed today on 20:02 - Apr 22 with 2932 viewsWatford_Ranger

Absolutely robbed today on 19:23 - Apr 22 by davman

... don't forget JakefeckingLivermore's winner when he should have been sent off.

This lot are PROFESSIONALS too. Just think about that for a moment. This is what they do for an actual living. They are viewed amongst the top 100 in that profession.

If any of us were that bad at our job, we would not last long.

Yes, there was some time wasting, but 9 minutes?!

Still, just like Scowen at Blackburn earlier this year, Freeman did not need to give them a decision to make.

Can anyone remember ANY controversial decision going our way this season?

IIRC we got a very soft pen against West Brom but agree we have been very hard done by overall this season. Fans tend to remember the ones that went against them but I like to think I’m more objective than most and haven’t come away from many games thinking we got the rub of the green.
Absolutely robbed today on 20:13 - Apr 22 with 2862 viewsdannyblue

Did our two goals against today come after the final whistle at the Rotherham game?

The second in particular was well sus.
Absolutely robbed today on 20:23 - Apr 22 with 2786 viewsManinBlack

Absolutely robbed today on 20:13 - Apr 22 by dannyblue

Did our two goals against today come after the final whistle at the Rotherham game?

The second in particular was well sus.

To be fair the second goal came about originally because our keeper ballooned the ball in the air as we were pressing forward and we got caught out when it was headed forward for them to counter.
Absolutely robbed today on 20:30 - Apr 22 with 2733 viewsdannyblue

Absolutely robbed today on 20:23 - Apr 22 by ManinBlack

To be fair the second goal came about originally because our keeper ballooned the ball in the air as we were pressing forward and we got caught out when it was headed forward for them to counter.

Exactly. Sub pub. Players standing around not realising the danger of the position. Not seen a replay but really laughable
Absolutely robbed today on 20:33 - Apr 22 with 2716 viewsMelakaRanger

Absolutely robbed today on 17:20 - Apr 22 by stowmarketrange

Yes we should’ve been two up by half time. But our play once we got within 20 yards of their goal was rank amateur. Totally woeful.

Wayward shots or passing the ball back to our back line. Awful.

In the 2nd half too. Wells expected a penalty to be awarded and waited for the whistle. The ball then passed him by as he dithered. A decent striker would have remained switched on and struck the ball into the net.

Many fans have expressed that many of out team are simply not good enough for the Championship. To some extent this is true but it totally applies the Hamed & Wells. Silla was better than these two.

On a separate note. With a wry smile I likened Mat Smith to the cricketer Chris Gale. Big guys that simply cannot run .

Their second goal totally down to Lumley though. His wild thoughtless swing at the ball outside his area gave Derby a gift of a goal

But that first goal was absolutely NOT a penalty . Had that not been awarded then there’s no way Derby would have scored.

We Wuz Robbed
Absolutely robbed today on 20:36 - Apr 22 with 2693 viewsWestonsuperR

Agree we played well, however it is partly out fault for once again trying to waste time so early on in the match, Lumley was spoken to on a few occasions in the first half. This tactic is poor to watch, negative and has cost us now against Bristol City and again today.
Absolutely robbed today on 21:26 - Apr 22 with 2489 viewsstowmarketrange

Absolutely robbed today on 20:36 - Apr 22 by WestonsuperR

Agree we played well, however it is partly out fault for once again trying to waste time so early on in the match, Lumley was spoken to on a few occasions in the first half. This tactic is poor to watch, negative and has cost us now against Bristol City and again today.

It didn’t really cost us today as the penalty was given in the 93rd minute.It isn’t nice to watch but Blackburn,Preston and some others have used it to their advantage at our place,so why shouldn’t we do the same away to try and hang on for a valuable point?
It’s up to the refs to add on the amount of time wasted.He did today but fridays ref didn’t bother.That is where the problem lies,inconsistent refs.
Absolutely robbed today on 21:33 - Apr 22 with 2461 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Absolutely robbed today on 20:30 - Apr 22 by dannyblue

Exactly. Sub pub. Players standing around not realising the danger of the position. Not seen a replay but really laughable

Just back.

Also seen the replay and what it doesn't show is how we were pressing them for an equaliser at the time. The mishit from Lumley fell behind most of our team and Derby basically just walked it in.

Didn't think it was a penalty at the time and not seen much to change my mind although it was clumsy from Freeman. Still a very soft decision and ref couldn't wait to give it.

I didn't realise they'd given 9 mins injury time. There was a bit of time wasting from us but nothing over the top I didn't think.

Thought we played well overall. Manning didn't put a foot wrong first half. Second half he was quieter but still solid. Luongo, Scowen and Pav had good games. Didn't quite happen for Freeman but worked his bollox off as usual. Similar BOS.

Unfortunate again.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Absolutely robbed today on 22:13 - Apr 22 with 2285 viewsdaveB

The penalty was a joke but can't say we were robbed, showed very little ambition to win the game against a Derby side who were piss poor and created nothing, spent most of th second half taking an age over every set piece and goal kick before booting it out of play which resulted in 9 minutes of added time and gave the home side a boost.

Missed 2 great chances and for too much of the game Hemed and Wells were just walking and showing very little desire to score, anytime they did get the ball around the box they were lazy in just shooting high and wide

Poor defending by Freeman to get the wrong side of his man and although he didn't foul the player he gave the ref a decision to make by having to dive in

We were unlucky of course but only have ourselves to blame for losing that game. The second goal was comically bad from Lumley
Absolutely robbed today on 22:23 - Apr 22 with 2237 viewsLblock

Am I the only one who thinks we should’ve had a penalty just before their second?

From the free kick we got the ball was swung in and I think it was Smith who was nearly pushed into row C of the side stand. Looked blatantly a pen to me.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Absolutely robbed today on 23:01 - Apr 22 with 2107 viewsJuzzie

Absolutely robbed today on 22:13 - Apr 22 by daveB

The penalty was a joke but can't say we were robbed, showed very little ambition to win the game against a Derby side who were piss poor and created nothing, spent most of th second half taking an age over every set piece and goal kick before booting it out of play which resulted in 9 minutes of added time and gave the home side a boost.

Missed 2 great chances and for too much of the game Hemed and Wells were just walking and showing very little desire to score, anytime they did get the ball around the box they were lazy in just shooting high and wide

Poor defending by Freeman to get the wrong side of his man and although he didn't foul the player he gave the ref a decision to make by having to dive in

We were unlucky of course but only have ourselves to blame for losing that game. The second goal was comically bad from Lumley

Our own inability to score meant we should have got a point.

Ref gives an absolute joke of a penalty so yes, we were robbed of that point. If Freeman didn’t foul the player then it’s not a penalty. It’s the refs job to make the correct decision and that wasn’t done. If players are afraid to make a tackle just in case the ref gets it wrong then it’s another nail in the coffin of football.

[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 23:13]
Absolutely robbed today on 00:38 - Apr 23 with 1876 viewsSteveB

Nearly half past midnight, just got home - haven't seen any replays obviously, but feck me, all that time, money and effort for the ref to give that penalty? I feel cheated, possibly even violated. Fcuk you EFL & your two bob refs, fcuk you hard in every orifice. Morons.

Bollox. Night all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024