Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Spine 00:05 - Apr 23 with 1953 viewsdavman

I had a real rant lined up at the final whistle today, but decided against it. I tried to pretend that it didn't matter as we were staying up regardless, but my God that hurt today.

We need a spine to this team. A 'keeper, but I still think Joe needs time and is good enough. Two centre backs; surely one is Leistner, but I do not buy this "he's ill" stuff - something is going on there, isn' t it?, but Lynch and Hall have to go, leaving Furlong, who will do for now. We'll need a couple of reserves though..

At least one, possibly two defensive midfielders; maybe Luongo is one, but need someone bigger and stronger than Scowen with him - a younger Geoff Cameron maybe. An attacking midfielder next and surely we've enough there - Freeman, Eze or Chair will do.

Nothing up top though. I love him as an impact player, but big Matt just isn't mobile enough. And this is where I thick we are fecked. We cannot afford to buy and will be reliant on cheaper loans next season.

No spine = bloody hard season next year and an Ipswich type season looks odds on.

Strap yourselves in, this is going to get rocky...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Spine on 00:29 - Apr 23 with 1881 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I thought the Leistner thing was confirmed as a depression type thing? Nowt can be done if he end up wanting to go home.
The Spine on 01:16 - Apr 23 with 1856 viewsozexile

I'm just hoping that Penrice has some gems lined up. If we don't get more goals from midfield next season we will be relegated. For the last few seasons our stats from midfield are appalling.
The Spine on 06:02 - Apr 23 with 1711 viewssmegma

You think Freeman will be here come August ??
The Spine on 07:23 - Apr 23 with 1564 viewsHunterhoop

The Spine on 00:29 - Apr 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought the Leistner thing was confirmed as a depression type thing? Nowt can be done if he end up wanting to go home.

When/where was that, Baz??
The Spine on 07:37 - Apr 23 with 1534 viewsGloucs_R

Furlong has come out and said he wants to be a RB not in the centre.

Poll: Are we staying up?

The Spine on 08:08 - Apr 23 with 1453 viewsDorse

I get where Furlong coming from but the last couple of weeks have been 'all hands to the pump'. I think it was WLS that listed QPR's injuries / wounded prior to the match as Rangel, Bidwell, Lynch and Hall. Not sure what the issue with Leistner might have been but, whichever way you cut it, that is an entire back four unavailable. It is brilliant that he can play both positions and not still turn in good performances.

On the spine, everyone has pretty much said it. In the midfield will probably lose both Cousins (contract) and Freeman (financial prudence) with Cameron heading back to Stoke. It leaves us a bit light on ball-winners. It is the defence, especially at centre back that worries me. Baptiste is out (loan finished and contract up), Lynch can just fcuk off and I can't see the club making Hall an offer. Add Bidwell and Rangel's contracts ending into the mix and this close season is as big an issue as losing Perch, Onuoha and Robinson in one go last season. We have Kakay and Hamalainen in the squad but, even so, that leaves us thin on the flanks - one injury will wreck a decent chunk of the season.

My (blind and ever more desperate) hope is that, if we can see the issues, the club is already addressing them.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Spine on 08:26 - Apr 23 with 1401 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Spine on 07:23 - Apr 23 by Hunterhoop

When/where was that, Baz??

On here I’m sure. Unless that therapy was a waste of time and i’m dreaming about big Germans again.
The Spine on 12:47 - Apr 23 with 1112 viewsridethewave

The Spine on 08:26 - Apr 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

On here I’m sure. Unless that therapy was a waste of time and i’m dreaming about big Germans again.

Was Hall that had been/has been suffering from depression. Don't ever remember seeing anything relating to Leistner.
Login to get fewer ads

The Spine on 13:06 - Apr 23 with 1063 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Spine on 12:47 - Apr 23 by ridethewave

Was Hall that had been/has been suffering from depression. Don't ever remember seeing anything relating to Leistner.

Maybe.

Nurse!
The Spine on 13:19 - Apr 23 with 1028 viewsTacticalR

QPR drives everyone round the bend.

Air hostess clique

The Spine on 14:45 - Apr 23 with 899 viewsNortholt_Rs

The Spine on 07:37 - Apr 23 by Gloucs_R

Furlong has come out and said he wants to be a RB not in the centre.

He is never, ever a RB...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The Spine on 15:25 - Apr 23 with 856 viewsPetros

The Spine on 14:45 - Apr 23 by Northolt_Rs

He is never, ever a RB...

Agreed. I would like to like Furlong but he has zero composure, and distribution from the back is a BIG problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024