Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big ol Toni 07:30 - Apr 23 with 7458 viewsLblock

What’s the score here then?

Benched previously with Dubai Joel inexplicably picked ahead of him
Back on the pitch to full effect
Then not in the squad
Returns, benched and now “ill” over Easter.

I’ve noted my conspiracy theory before about it being a Contract issue and maybe appearances triggering some sort of entitlement; that was shot down. I’m hearing rumours of him being homesick but why would that stop you being selected, especially in our current squad??

Hope he does just have a touch of Peggy Sue and will return plus be playing next season. I quite like him as a CB, reads game well and dominating in the air. He can play a bit too and would look better with a bit of pace playing next to him (thinking Dunne / Ned).

GWS to the BFG

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Big ol Toni on 15:05 - Apr 23 with 3109 viewsParkRoyalR

Big ol Toni on 14:42 - Apr 23 by Northernr

I've seen every game this season and Lynch is sht.

Except when you've given him MOTM or a good write up in your Match Reports.
Big ol Toni on 15:43 - Apr 23 with 3019 viewsTheChef

Sorry, I think QPROslo is Joel Lynch. My bad.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Big ol Toni on 16:03 - Apr 23 with 2966 viewssimmo

Big ol Toni on 15:05 - Apr 23 by ParkRoyalR

Except when you've given him MOTM or a good write up in your Match Reports.

There have been how many of those in the near 100 games he's played for us?

You're basing your opinion of him on a short-lived and not as spectacular as you think 'purple patch'. Lynch has in reality been a mixture of unreliable, not very good and catastrophic in the THREE YEARS he's been with us.

The fact most people agree with me (many of which also see all the games) doesn't mean my opinion is following some kind of agenda, it means that those people also have eyes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Big ol Toni on 16:28 - Apr 23 with 2913 viewsParkRoyalR

Big ol Toni on 16:03 - Apr 23 by simmo

There have been how many of those in the near 100 games he's played for us?

You're basing your opinion of him on a short-lived and not as spectacular as you think 'purple patch'. Lynch has in reality been a mixture of unreliable, not very good and catastrophic in the THREE YEARS he's been with us.

The fact most people agree with me (many of which also see all the games) doesn't mean my opinion is following some kind of agenda, it means that those people also have eyes.

100 games in 3 seasons is'nt a bad stat for a players who is 'consistently shit or injured' and has been picked by 4 different Managers in that time.

The majority of our fans also thought Washington would come good, does'nt mean they were right, so lets agree to differ on Lynch.

I might be in the minority who think Toni returning to Berlin would be the least of our problems for next season. Hope I'm wrong.
Big ol Toni on 16:58 - Apr 23 with 2835 viewsDavieQPR

Lot of the reason he has played 100 games is because of injuries, especially to Hall, and we've had no one else. Send for the lynch mob I tell ye.
Big ol Toni on 18:24 - Apr 23 with 2752 viewssimmo

Big ol Toni on 16:28 - Apr 23 by ParkRoyalR

100 games in 3 seasons is'nt a bad stat for a players who is 'consistently shit or injured' and has been picked by 4 different Managers in that time.

The majority of our fans also thought Washington would come good, does'nt mean they were right, so lets agree to differ on Lynch.

I might be in the minority who think Toni returning to Berlin would be the least of our problems for next season. Hope I'm wrong.

Well, it's less than 100 actually, closer to 80-90 according to a few different sites and considering there are typically around 50 games a season for QPR, that means he's missed more than a 3rd of the games for us. It's not based on any serious injuries either, just loads of niggles and Christmas holidays. He would probably be on half that number too if Hall and Robinson hadn't been out for the last 2 years with actual long term problems.

Keep believing what you want though, it baffles me someone that claims to watch as much football as you can think what he has seen from Lynch over the last 3 seasons is anything other than unacceptable shite, even for a team as crap as ours.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Big ol Toni on 19:08 - Apr 23 with 2679 viewsDixie_CT

vital goals away at Reading and Forest ,which have accrued us critical points.

him and his missus paid for all the presents on the club Xmas visit to Jack Tizzard school.

Comes across as a honest guy on social media.

Worse people to have pulled on the shirt in the last few seasons.

Get well soon BFG
Big ol Toni on 19:09 - Apr 23 with 2670 viewsHunterhoop

Big ol Toni on 19:08 - Apr 23 by Dixie_CT

vital goals away at Reading and Forest ,which have accrued us critical points.

him and his missus paid for all the presents on the club Xmas visit to Jack Tizzard school.

Comes across as a honest guy on social media.

Worse people to have pulled on the shirt in the last few seasons.

Get well soon BFG

Indeed. Seems like a leader to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Big ol Toni on 19:58 - Apr 23 with 2592 viewsdaveB

how anyone can defend Lynch is beyond me, looked a good signing when he came in but has looked overweight, slow and generally useless for 3 years, the fact he has been picked by 3 managers in a row says more about the other options than anything good he's done.
Big ol Toni on 20:09 - Apr 23 with 2562 viewsNed_Kennedys

Big ol Toni on 19:58 - Apr 23 by daveB

how anyone can defend Lynch is beyond me, looked a good signing when he came in but has looked overweight, slow and generally useless for 3 years, the fact he has been picked by 3 managers in a row says more about the other options than anything good he's done.

Agreed: he's had a handful of decent games in 3 years (same as Cousins). Looked like he was playing for a new contract for a few games earlier in the season but clearly decided he couldn't be bothered to keep putting the effort in and has reverted to type. Get rid.
Big ol Toni on 20:24 - Apr 23 with 2536 viewsdavman

Big ol Toni on 14:15 - Apr 23 by ParkRoyalR

Not sure if the 20-40% of games you did'nt see live were in September to December, when Lynch was the keyman in our team that put enough points on the board to see us stay in the Division.

Either way, if it was my money, I'd break the bank to keep Cameron as was outstanding at Centre Half on Saturday and injury free could form a decent partnership with Furlong.

I would be very worried if we go into next season with Toni as first choice Centre Half and Club captain, but would love to be proved wrong as he gives his all, so don't like to criticise him. But like Washington trying hard doesnt mean you can cut it in the Championship.

Anyone speaking of "breaking the bank" should hang their head in shame.

If you want to gamble the future of this club on an aging, injury prone utility player, I despair.

Yes, he's had his moments, but if we are going to "break the bank", signing three or four players to complement our young attacking talent, would be the way I'd go...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Big ol Toni on 20:31 - Apr 23 with 2516 viewsNorthernr

He's made 85 starts in the league across three seasons. As we play 46 league games in a season that means that he's missed more than a third of the games he should have played - 138.
Big ol Toni on 20:33 - Apr 23 with 2510 viewsdavman

Big ol Toni on 20:31 - Apr 23 by Northernr

He's made 85 starts in the league across three seasons. As we play 46 league games in a season that means that he's missed more than a third of the games he should have played - 138.

Yeah, but you can't count December, January or April in that - a man's gotta have his holiday...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Big ol Toni on 20:52 - Apr 23 with 2467 viewsLblock

Turning to Lynch... it’s not just at us though is it? Hasn’t he missed 8 out of the last 10 festive period games at various clubs?
That tells you something beyond coincidence surely and smacks a little bit of someone who’s a bit of a one way street

His period of decent form this season ran alongside some media bytes about being happy, future is bright and wanting to stay.... ergo Contract wanted. Another amazing coincidence and correlation that his form dropped and injury niggles occurred once it became obvious no Contract was coming

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Big ol Toni on 21:35 - Apr 23 with 2389 viewsconnell10

The one thing missing with Lynch is heart, ive never seen a player give up so easy, that for me is unforgivable! I never want to see the bloke play for Rangers ever again.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Big ol Toni on 23:28 - Apr 23 with 2284 viewssmegma

He's not THAT good.
Big ol Toni on 12:18 - Apr 24 with 2032 viewsGroveR

Big ol Toni on 21:35 - Apr 23 by connell10

The one thing missing with Lynch is heart, ive never seen a player give up so easy, that for me is unforgivable! I never want to see the bloke play for Rangers ever again.

If this thread has officially switched from "Where's Toni?" to "slate Lynchy" the most unforgivable thing he does for me is laying into teammates (normally Bidwell) to cover his own fùckups. If I ever had to play alongside someone like that there'd be a boom-boom shake the room straightener in the dressing room after. He could even bring his dinner.
Big ol Toni on 15:25 - Apr 24 with 1866 viewsLazyFan

Winter Leech, we need to get rid of.
The only reason we have not done this before is we are short on CB position. A problem I have been banging on about for two seasons now.

With Hall effectively gone, BFG suffering from not being used to so, many games we were once again lucky that the fullback, Furs could come in and do a job. We had it the same issue last year with Robinson covering for us. This is no way to run the defence of a Championship club. And we will for sure definitely get relegated if we do not sort this problem out.

This will be the third season we go into a campaign, with no proper safety net of a normal defence for just a starting 11 let alone squad. A team needs a great defence so, when the rest play rubbish we still have a chance of a nil-nil draw.

You never know when you need to go to Millwall and get a draw!

We need 2 CB's and one LB as Manning, BFG and Hall are not enough.
Pavel and Furs are not amazing at RB, but at least we can cover that. The youngsters are not there yet or may never be. So, really we only have right now properly...

Furs and BFG as Hall is always injured. Bids is probably off. So, we don't even have a back 3 let alone a back 4, let alone some players to come when in people get injured or loss or form or suspended.

We need two CB's and an LB more than a striker in my crazy view!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Big ol Toni on 12:55 - Apr 25 with 1684 viewsRblockPrior

For me Toni by far is our best CB and one who can cut it in the Championship without a doubt, he is a good leader, can play and has a physical side to his game. Has he been flawless no but he was never going to be and that is why we got him on a free. It is never easy for someone coming from a foreign league coming to play in the Championship but for me he has done a good job and I expect him to be even better next season having experienced one season already. With a bit of support and a solid partner he can be a key player for us

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Big ol Toni on 10:46 - Apr 29 with 1451 viewsaston_hoop

Got the 90 minutes on Saturday. I really do feel his absesnses have been nothing but a mixture of fatigue, the odd niggle and incompetent management rather than anything more sinister. He'll be starting again come August 3rd I'd guess.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Big ol Toni on 14:39 - May 7 with 1171 viewsBucksRanger

Congratulations Toni. Top man. Better than all the rest.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D55-PlbXsAASh-D.jpg:large
Big ol Toni on 14:55 - May 7 with 1083 viewsBoston

Big ol Toni on 14:39 - May 7 by BucksRanger

He was always good at following orders.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Big ol Toni on 15:03 - May 7 with 1059 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Big ol Toni on 14:39 - May 7 by BucksRanger

Great stat.

Like all stats, there are contributory factor. Rangers sat deep a lot this season, so more headed clearances.

But, like all stats, there's truth as well. Toni's a good 'un.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024