Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
POTY awards 19:45 - Apr 23 with 7157 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I see the latest uproar on social media has commenced. Is it only me that thinks it's harsh to be so critical and abusive for a few nice awards? I mean I get our form has been woeful but people aren't looking at the season in general, we were in the play offs at one point in December. I personally think there are a few nominees :

1)Lumley. First season in the Championship, 24 years of age, 14 clean sheets (one of the highest in the Champ) plus those three consecutive clean sheets at home.

2)Leistner. Came into another country, never played in England before, to a dysfunctional defence. Played consistently well despite having Lynch next to him. Good leader and in general a good bloke

3)Freeman, carried us throughout so many games it's ridiculous. His performance Vs Leeds warrants a nomination in itself.

Or, you know, we can just hurl abuse at a random guy behind a Twitter account who must be close to quitting with the random sh*t he receives purely for doing his job

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

POTY awards on 19:47 - Apr 23 with 6047 viewsdaveB

bizarre thing to get angry about, they do this every year and if you don't like it don't vote.

Personally went with Freeman as POTY and Eze and young player and Wells for goal of the season against Ipswich.
POTY awards on 21:20 - Apr 23 with 5816 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lumley for me.

Who was the last home grown to win it? Langers?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 21:20]
POTY awards on 21:21 - Apr 23 with 5807 viewsPunteR

Freeman by a country mile.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

POTY awards on 21:37 - Apr 23 with 5750 viewsconnell10

POTY awards on 21:21 - Apr 23 by PunteR

Freeman by a country mile.

Agree i thought Freeman come of age this season , i went from liking to loving his football.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

POTY awards on 00:39 - Apr 24 with 5545 viewskomradkirk

Paul Smyth for me
POTY awards on 08:33 - Apr 24 with 5324 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Freeman easily, I think.

Other candidates Leistner and Lumley.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 8:34]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

POTY awards on 08:37 - Apr 24 with 5308 viewssmegma

POTY awards on 00:39 - Apr 24 by komradkirk

Paul Smyth for me

Intriguing.

You are either making a protest vote at the unfair treatment of your wee fellow countryman or an an unflinching loyalty to your wee fellow countryman. But two starts and two sub appearances tells me it will be a wasted vote. There are fans out there who wouldn't even recognise him in the street . A real pity as I think he's a real talent and has been treated badly.
POTY awards on 09:33 - Apr 24 with 5252 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What about Eze?
Login to get fewer ads

POTY awards on 10:42 - Apr 24 with 5178 viewsBrianMcCarthy

POTY awards on 09:33 - Apr 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

What about Eze?

Eze would have made my top three comfortably had he been played more.

POTY awards on 16:26 - Apr 24 with 4936 viewsNoelmc

I went for Freeman as POTY (clear winner for me & easiest choice since Adel in the promotion season). Eze as young player & Freeman v Villa as GOTS.
POTY awards on 16:49 - Apr 24 with 4899 viewsDorse

Joel Lynch has got to be in with a shout on the night. No votes, just him shouting at the doorman 'What do you mean I can't come in? Don't you know who I am?!'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

POTY awards on 16:52 - Apr 24 with 4884 viewsCiderwithRsie

Or, you know, we can just hurl abuse at a random guy behind a Twitter account who must be close to quitting with the random sh*t he receives purely for doing his job

Not just a QPR thing, though. It feels like anyone who works with social media in anything at all must just take it for granted that a bunch of angry twunts will froth at the mouth all over the place, ignore 'em and just carry on.

It must genuinely be tricky to work out when you really have screwed up
POTY awards on 16:57 - Apr 24 with 4860 viewscolinallcars

POTY awards on 16:49 - Apr 24 by Dorse

Joel Lynch has got to be in with a shout on the night. No votes, just him shouting at the doorman 'What do you mean I can't come in? Don't you know who I am?!'

Hopefully, the doorman would say to the manager “ excuse me sir, this gent doesn't know who he is “
POTY awards on 17:12 - Apr 24 with 4831 viewsWadR

Voted exactly the same way as DaveB.

Do think Eze would be a worthy winner of POTY too though. Yes his performances have generally been ok/poor post Christmas but so has pretty much everyone else's. This isn't intended as a slight as he's obviously been playing through an injury but even Freeman, Leeds performance aside, has not been great in 2019.

The ephemeral nature of modern football supporters' opinions means that people I think have forgotten how good Eze was at times this season. His performances away at Rotherham and Stoke and at home v Millwall and Villa were superb iirc.
POTY awards on 17:50 - Apr 24 with 4796 viewsPinnerPaul

Freeman, Bright and the Wells goal for me.
POTY awards on 18:11 - Apr 24 with 4771 viewskomradkirk

POTY awards on 08:37 - Apr 24 by smegma

Intriguing.

You are either making a protest vote at the unfair treatment of your wee fellow countryman or an an unflinching loyalty to your wee fellow countryman. But two starts and two sub appearances tells me it will be a wasted vote. There are fans out there who wouldn't even recognise him in the street . A real pity as I think he's a real talent and has been treated badly.

POTY awards on 18:27 - Apr 24 with 4750 viewsqprd

POTY awards on 17:12 - Apr 24 by WadR

Voted exactly the same way as DaveB.

Do think Eze would be a worthy winner of POTY too though. Yes his performances have generally been ok/poor post Christmas but so has pretty much everyone else's. This isn't intended as a slight as he's obviously been playing through an injury but even Freeman, Leeds performance aside, has not been great in 2019.

The ephemeral nature of modern football supporters' opinions means that people I think have forgotten how good Eze was at times this season. His performances away at Rotherham and Stoke and at home v Millwall and Villa were superb iirc.

Freeman's best two performances this season were his first half against Watford in the FA cup and the Leeds match, so i wouldnt say he was crap in all of 2019

he made 45 appearances last year, playing nearly every minute... hes only missed 1 match this season, also playing nearly every minute

whilst on the pitch, hes been asked to be our creative player, taking on players, keeping the ball, driving forward, creating goals, scoring... but hes also been massive on the defensive side- definitely lacks positional discipline defensively, but has incredible work rate and ball winning skills

he's not particularly athletic and not the type of graceful effortless box to box player... how he's managed the to maintain his level of attakcing and defensive output is beyond me

clearly he was injured against west brom, and instead of getting some rest, he was rushed back. hes been a shell of himself since the norwich match... blackburn was one of his more anonymous matches i can remember

still our POTY
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 18:32]
POTY awards on 21:09 - Apr 24 with 4648 viewsnina30

football supporters' opinions means that people I think have forgotten how good Eze was at times this season. https://audacity.onl/ https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 21:17]
POTY awards on 22:16 - Apr 24 with 4586 viewsdistortR

joel looks at the doorman incredulously

"So you are paid to stop people getting past you?
What stupid sort of job is that?"
POTY awards on 22:50 - Apr 24 with 4519 viewssmegma

I'm assuming this POTY do is in Dubai
POTY awards on 23:24 - Apr 24 with 4475 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Freeman got my vote.

Young player was Eze but strongly considered BOS. Hoping for big things from those two and Smyth next year.

I also went for the Eze goal at Villa. Loved that one!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

POTY awards on 23:55 - Apr 24 with 4434 viewsaston_hoop

That goal by Polish Pav v Villa reminds me that we were actually pretty good at one point. Hard to believe its the same season as some of the gash we have watched in recent weeks. Anyway..

POTY - Freeman
YPOTY - Eze
Goal - Freeman v Villa
Fan - the bloody lot of us for still being here

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

POTY awards on 09:04 - Apr 25 with 4265 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Voted.

Freeman
Eze
Eze at Villa, superb through ball by Freeman swung it over Wells' goal.

POTY awards on 12:19 - Apr 25 with 4176 viewsWadR

POTY awards on 18:27 - Apr 24 by qprd

Freeman's best two performances this season were his first half against Watford in the FA cup and the Leeds match, so i wouldnt say he was crap in all of 2019

he made 45 appearances last year, playing nearly every minute... hes only missed 1 match this season, also playing nearly every minute

whilst on the pitch, hes been asked to be our creative player, taking on players, keeping the ball, driving forward, creating goals, scoring... but hes also been massive on the defensive side- definitely lacks positional discipline defensively, but has incredible work rate and ball winning skills

he's not particularly athletic and not the type of graceful effortless box to box player... how he's managed the to maintain his level of attakcing and defensive output is beyond me

clearly he was injured against west brom, and instead of getting some rest, he was rushed back. hes been a shell of himself since the norwich match... blackburn was one of his more anonymous matches i can remember

still our POTY
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 18:32]

Didn't say he was crap in 2019, just a 6/10 most weeks other than the Leeds game and, as you rightly point out, the Watford cup match.

I agree that he's our best player. We've been hugely reliant on him for 2 and a half years to provide basically all our creativity week in week out, all while being played in various different positions in different formations that often don't particularly suit him.

Would go for 1) Freeman 2) Leistner 3) Eze in my podium spots for POTY.

All I was really arguing was that Eze has had several superb performances in his first full season at this level at just 20 years old but that seems to largely be forgotten due to the last few months of mediocre performances. I think if Eze had had his September - November performances in February to April and vice versa, he'd be seen as in the running for the POTY.
POTY awards on 12:47 - Apr 25 with 4138 viewssimmo

POTY: Freeman
YPOTY: BOS
GOS: Wells

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024