Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sherwood 08:27 - Apr 24 with 21866 viewsSimplyNico

Out of the running. Per the Times this morning.
Sherwood on 14:07 - Apr 24 with 2592 viewsE17hoop

Darren Moore was doing a good job at WBA and many were shocked he got the sack.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Sherwood on 14:20 - Apr 24 with 2518 viewsQPR_John

Sherwood on 11:41 - Apr 24 by CroydonCaptJack

It is in the Standard now as well.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr/tim-sherwood-pulls-out-of-running-

"Sherwood had been the preferred choice of QPR director of football Les Ferdinand but is thought to have had reservations about working within the club’s tight financial budget."

Sounds better then saying they did not want me for the job.
Sherwood on 14:30 - Apr 24 with 2471 viewsRangersDave

Sherwood on 08:58 - Apr 24 by thame_hoops

Damn it, I thought he’d have been a good fit with les and co

Isnt 'Les and co' a gay female dance troupe?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Sherwood on 14:31 - Apr 24 with 2465 viewsMytch_QPR

Sherwood on 14:30 - Apr 24 by RangersDave

Isnt 'Les and co' a gay female dance troupe?

Yeah, we're commonly know as 'Les Miserables'

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Sherwood on 14:39 - Apr 24 with 2427 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sherwood on 11:01 - Apr 24 by Northolt_Rs

No...I’m just thrilled with our progress under his tenure as DOF. Looking forward to another miserable relegation fight next season. F uckin marvellous.

Yeah I miss the good old days when we were relegated with a team including Bosingwa and Park.

Much better than these days where we stay up with Eze and Lumley.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 14:39]
Sherwood on 14:51 - Apr 24 with 2375 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sherwood on 14:39 - Apr 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah I miss the good old days when we were relegated with a team including Bosingwa and Park.

Much better than these days where we stay up with Eze and Lumley.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 14:39]

Er, except they were different Divisions
Sherwood on 15:04 - Apr 24 with 2338 viewskensalriser

Some help for the selection process.

Q1: is the candidate well known in football?
Q2: does the candidate have a recent record of serial failure?

If yes to both, move to next candidate.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sherwood on 15:27 - Apr 24 with 2268 viewsknocker

Sherwood still in running according to Les on sky.
Login to get fewer ads

Sherwood on 15:44 - Apr 24 with 2212 viewsRangersDave

Sherwood on 15:04 - Apr 24 by kensalriser

Some help for the selection process.

Q1: is the candidate well known in football?
Q2: does the candidate have a recent record of serial failure?

If yes to both, move to next candidate.

or, you do it the Rangers way.....'if yes, sign immediately on a 3 year contract'.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Sherwood on 15:48 - Apr 24 with 2203 viewsNorthernr

Sherwood on 14:07 - Apr 24 by E17hoop

Darren Moore was doing a good job at WBA and many were shocked he got the sack.

I'm a little wary of this one.

Pros, seems like a great guy, very positive, galvanised a fractured club and dressing room, turned a team around, played good football etc etc.

But, cons, the players, money and wages West Brom have available to them this year dwarfs everything in this league bar Stoke. They've done pretty well, may still go up, but relative to what they've got available to them I'm not sure. Just look at the attackers they've been picking from this year, best set in the league by far.
Sherwood on 16:00 - Apr 24 with 2144 viewsGloucs_R

Sherwood on 15:48 - Apr 24 by Northernr

I'm a little wary of this one.

Pros, seems like a great guy, very positive, galvanised a fractured club and dressing room, turned a team around, played good football etc etc.

But, cons, the players, money and wages West Brom have available to them this year dwarfs everything in this league bar Stoke. They've done pretty well, may still go up, but relative to what they've got available to them I'm not sure. Just look at the attackers they've been picking from this year, best set in the league by far.

Loads of managers should be above him. He's done ok but nothing more than that and only had 10 months experience as a manager. Ticks a box for Les though. Just another Ramsey in my opinion.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Sherwood on 16:36 - Apr 24 with 2030 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sherwood on 16:00 - Apr 24 by Gloucs_R

Loads of managers should be above him. He's done ok but nothing more than that and only had 10 months experience as a manager. Ticks a box for Les though. Just another Ramsey in my opinion.

Yeah, this comment seems fine. I'll press the 'Add reply' button now, and see what happens!

Bare bones.

Sherwood on 16:47 - Apr 24 with 1985 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sherwood on 16:36 - Apr 24 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, this comment seems fine. I'll press the 'Add reply' button now, and see what happens!

Teach me how this is done, for everyone on LfW's sake.
Sherwood on 16:58 - Apr 24 with 1915 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I do wonder the mental health, level of desperation and actual capacities of anyone prepared to accept the poisoned chalice.

Then again, seeing as we regularly go through at least a couple of managers each season, I have more doubts about the numpties who continually offer 3-year contracts to the candidates they sack 6-8 months later.

It’s all a monstrous s.it going around the toilet bowl before it disappears down the khasi!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sherwood on 17:08 - Apr 24 with 1902 viewsNorthernr

Fcking hell.
Sherwood on 17:12 - Apr 24 with 1888 viewsCiderwithRsie

I hate to say this, but there aren't going to be "loads" of managers above him (or Sherwood either, sadly.)

Our finances are f*cked, the squad are by general agreement not good enough, we've flirted with relegation for 3 seasons, the owner is a bit of a dick, the ground (much as we love it) would be on Time Team if that was still going, when I last looked our average home crowd was 19th in the division, and we sack managers so often we're still paying two while looking for a new one.
Sherwood on 17:22 - Apr 24 with 1860 viewsGloucs_R

Sherwood on 17:12 - Apr 24 by CiderwithRsie

I hate to say this, but there aren't going to be "loads" of managers above him (or Sherwood either, sadly.)

Our finances are f*cked, the squad are by general agreement not good enough, we've flirted with relegation for 3 seasons, the owner is a bit of a dick, the ground (much as we love it) would be on Time Team if that was still going, when I last looked our average home crowd was 19th in the division, and we sack managers so often we're still paying two while looking for a new one.

The other managers mentioned all have more experience than him.

Ramsey comment....I mean a youth team coach who has come up through the ranks

Poll: Are we staying up?

Sherwood on 17:23 - Apr 24 with 1849 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sherwood on 17:22 - Apr 24 by Gloucs_R

The other managers mentioned all have more experience than him.

Ramsey comment....I mean a youth team coach who has come up through the ranks

what did the box ticking thing mean then Gloucs?

Bare bones.

Sherwood on 17:25 - Apr 24 with 1845 viewscolinallcars

Sherwood on 17:12 - Apr 24 by CiderwithRsie

With all this being correct, I think it'll be Bircham or Ainsworth.
Sherwood on 17:47 - Apr 24 with 1760 viewsDavieQPR

Bit like England players retiring from International football when they are no longer getting selected.
Sherwood on 17:49 - Apr 24 with 1752 viewsBuckR

Meltdown replies start in 5...4...3...2...1.....
Sherwood on 17:49 - Apr 24 with 1752 viewsPinnerPaul

Sherwood on 11:01 - Apr 24 by Northolt_Rs

No...I’m just thrilled with our progress under his tenure as DOF. Looking forward to another miserable relegation fight next season. F uckin marvellous.

not sure you can call this season a relegation fight, when where we are now is the closest we've been to relegation after the first 4 games abomination.
Sherwood on 17:58 - Apr 24 with 1717 viewsR_from_afar

Sherwood on 17:25 - Apr 24 by colinallcars

One correction, actually: Owners plural. Tony has never been sole owner. That, however, does not fit the abiding narrative.

I'm not sure who I want to do the job but at least if it were a Rangers legend, he might be given a bit more time* than someone who has no blue and white heritage.

* Before we turn on him, give him a puerile nickname, smash his legacy into a million pieces, then hound him out of the club as we howl about "getting our Rangers back".

Edit: I don't believe Gaz has even been interviewed yet....
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 17:59]

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sherwood on 18:06 - Apr 24 with 1696 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Holloway filled that role though and they fcked him out of it. Not the first time this club has made a U turn so maybe it could happen.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 18:09]
Sherwood on 18:51 - Apr 24 with 1555 viewsPunteR

We are not in a position to have a novice managing our club and Wycombe are 1 place higher than us in L1. Neither should be in the running. Sherwood is a charlatan and i hope the reports are true he's not coming here.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024