Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lewis 19:40 - Apr 27 with 2774 viewsGloucs_R

Did he show any glimpses as to why he was given the nod today?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lewis on 19:43 - Apr 27 with 2739 viewssmegma

No. It's a mystery.
Lewis on 19:45 - Apr 27 with 2727 viewsW12Mikey

Showed a good turn of pace against 2 defenders when he chased down and won the ball near the corner at Loft end in 2nd half. Obviously much too early to tell but I felt he had some promise.
Lewis on 21:54 - Apr 27 with 2423 viewsterryb

Why was he given the nod today?

Perhaps because Wells, Hemed & Smith are not good enough! I did think Hemed linked up well today though. I'm not used to that!

I thought that Walker looked a little short of the ability to play at this level but hopefully he will improve. I certainly would have no problem with him starting the game at Wednesday next week.
Lewis on 21:56 - Apr 27 with 2407 viewssmegma

Lewis on 21:54 - Apr 27 by terryb

Why was he given the nod today?

Perhaps because Wells, Hemed & Smith are not good enough! I did think Hemed linked up well today though. I'm not used to that!

I thought that Walker looked a little short of the ability to play at this level but hopefully he will improve. I certainly would have no problem with him starting the game at Wednesday next week.

Hopefully the 3 loanees have played their last games and our contracted players play.
Lewis on 22:08 - Apr 27 with 2353 viewsGloucs_R

Lewis on 21:56 - Apr 27 by smegma

Hopefully the 3 loanees have played their last games and our contracted players play.

Why are no u23 defenders near the first team at the moment fella?

Lewis on 22:13 - Apr 27 with 2332 viewsDavieQPR

Lewis on 22:08 - Apr 27 by Gloucs_R

Because they are not good enough maybe.
Lewis on 22:26 - Apr 27 with 2272 viewsGloucs_R

Lewis on 22:13 - Apr 27 by DavieQPR

Because they are not good enough maybe.

Hence why I'm asking him, he watches a lot of u23 games 😉

Lewis on 05:03 - Apr 28 with 2018 viewsessextaxiboy

He needs to go out on loan . The pace ,intensity and physicality just overwhelmed him IMO, and this was a game which had nothing on it. .
Login to get fewer ads

Lewis on 10:10 - Apr 28 with 1653 viewssmegma

Lewis on 22:08 - Apr 27 by Gloucs_R

One such player was an unused sub yesterday. Another one was an unused sub at Derby last Monday.
Lewis on 12:18 - Apr 28 with 1446 viewsGloucs_R

Lewis on 10:10 - Apr 28 by smegma

One such player was an unused sub yesterday. Another one was an unused sub at Derby last Monday.

I thought Carlyle was in the u18s and a midfielder?

Who was the other one?

Lewis on 12:23 - Apr 28 with 1425 viewsRANGERS4EVER

He looked okay, obviously full of energy and wanted to impress. Don't think he has the quality right now, and Forest defended him quite easily. Feel like his selection in the team was a bit of a crowd pleaser by Eustace, but good luck to him whatever. I'd loan him out next season

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Lewis on 13:03 - Apr 28 with 1333 viewshoopstar67

Yeah let's all judge him on 60 minutes of his debut.
Lewis on 13:07 - Apr 28 with 1320 viewsDejR_vu

Lewis on 13:03 - Apr 28 by hoopstar67

Hardly judging him. The OP asked a reasonable question, a few have given reasonable views. This is a football forum for people to discuss football.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Lewis on 13:17 - Apr 28 with 1296 viewsGloucs_R

Lewis on 13:07 - Apr 28 by DejR_vu

Hardly judging him. The OP asked a reasonable question, a few have given reasonable views. This is a football forum for people to discuss football.

Exactly.

Lewis on 13:50 - Apr 28 with 1222 viewsBushRanger82

No.
Lewis on 14:16 - Apr 28 with 1160 viewssmegma

Lewis on 12:18 - Apr 28 by Gloucs_R

I thought Carlyle was in the u18s and a midfielder?

Who was the other one?

Nathan Carlyle has played his last game for the under 18s due to his age. I first saw him 2 years ago when he was a bit part player as a midfielder due to Amrit Bansall -McNulty , Faysal Bettache and Aiden Mesias being the regular midfield trio. In January last year he came on as a sub away to Charlton Athletic to shore up a defence that had conceded 5 goals. He did an excellent job in defence and has spent most games playing in defence since. This season, following 22 games for the under 18s , he progressed to the under 23s and made 6 appearances at the tail end of the season. Our northern correspondent (CheshireR) tells me at the recent u18 game away to Burnley, Nathan started in central defence. He was moved into midfield when we went 3-1 down early in the second half and managed to score twice as we won 4-3.
He will be playing for the u23s next season.
Lewis on 14:22 - Apr 28 with 1152 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lewis on 13:07 - Apr 28 by DejR_vu

And Smegma wouldn't be judging him on 60 mins, but on a stack of U-23 games.
Lewis on 14:26 - Apr 28 with 1139 viewsGloucs_R

Lewis on 14:16 - Apr 28 by smegma

Nathan Carlyle has played his last game for the under 18s due to his age. I first saw him 2 years ago when he was a bit part player as a midfielder due to Amrit Bansall -McNulty , Faysal Bettache and Aiden Mesias being the regular midfield trio. In January last year he came on as a sub away to Charlton Athletic to shore up a defence that had conceded 5 goals. He did an excellent job in defence and has spent most games playing in defence since. This season, following 22 games for the under 18s , he progressed to the under 23s and made 6 appearances at the tail end of the season. Our northern correspondent (CheshireR) tells me at the recent u18 game away to Burnley, Nathan started in central defence. He was moved into midfield when we went 3-1 down early in the second half and managed to score twice as we won 4-3.
He will be playing for the u23s next season.

Cheers 👍

Lewis on 14:28 - Apr 28 with 1133 viewssmegma

Lewis on 13:03 - Apr 28 by hoopstar67

People also forget he's only 20. I did find it odd he started though which just adds pressure on his young shoulders, this thread being a prime example. Meanwhile Oteh is on loan at Walsall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024