Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eustace on today 21:06 - Apr 27 with 2785 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/eustace-reacts-to-forest-defeat/

Feel for him. Giving youngsters their chance. Losing either by horrendous refereeing or being let down by player's finishing.

I am sure he will be replaced but despite the defeats there is something really nagging with me that he is the right man to take a young team forward next season. Given a clean brush and a team of young and hopefully hungrier players I still think he could be a real asset.

I think he will go if a new manager comes in but I think he may well return with another young team to haunt us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eustace on today on 21:12 - Apr 27 with 2756 viewsNortholt_Rs

Er no.....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Eustace on today on 21:42 - Apr 27 with 2672 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Based on what evidence?
Eustace on today on 23:25 - Apr 27 with 2555 viewsDejR_vu

To paraphrase at the end, we’ve had too many players over the last few years used to losing. Couldn’t agree more. Low standards and low expectations result in what we’ve seen over the last few years. There’s a losers mentality throughout the entire club. We need to stop using our problems as excuses. We’re not the only ones with problems.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Eustace on today on 23:38 - Apr 27 with 2510 viewsozexile

Eustace on today on 23:25 - Apr 27 by DejR_vu

To paraphrase at the end, we’ve had too many players over the last few years used to losing. Couldn’t agree more. Low standards and low expectations result in what we’ve seen over the last few years. There’s a losers mentality throughout the entire club. We need to stop using our problems as excuses. We’re not the only ones with problems.

Totally agree with this. There is a losers mentality running through the club.
Every defeat is put down to bad luck or ifs and buts.
But management are as much to blame. Recently we've told the players cup games aren't important. And our last year in the premier league we told them away games didn't count as well. You reap what you sow.
Eustace on today on 02:24 - Apr 28 with 2416 viewsmylot50years

Agree although results have not shown it, performances and tactics have been improved to what went on before, let's give him a chance to complete a pre season and with our loans returning and because of our financial situation we really need to give Eustace an opportunity to take us forward.
It would be interesting to see if given an opportunity to take control that he would maybe trim the multitude of green jackets the previous manager felt necessary to occupy the dugout.
And if the situation on the field does not improve come November a change could be made with nothing lost.
We really need as a club to try and stop this merry-go-round of managerial knee-jerk appointments if it's at all possible.
Eustace on today on 02:48 - Apr 28 with 2399 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whilst agree with his assessment I don't think Eustace is the man to take us forward. He has little track record and has failed to take the caretaker opportunity presented to him.

If standards need lifting then that starts with the fans. Raise your expectations beyond the usual suspects of Bircham, Gallen, Ainsworth, Eustace, etc. It's lazy and will only serve to feed the managerial merry-go-round that you wish to eliminate.
Eustace on today on 07:25 - Apr 28 with 2246 viewsjonno

He is absolutely right of course. The problem is not with the manager. He doesn't miss gilt edged chances and penalties. He doesn't faff about with the ball and lose it in dangerous areas. He doesn't give the ball away almost as soon as he gets it. He doesn't fail to track runners, give opposing players too much space and not close them down or tackle them. He doesn't continually put in poor quality final balls when in great positions. Doesn't matter what manager we bring in, we'll still have too many players who are either not good enough, or can't be bothered. He is basically saying in that interview that we have players who either don't have the quality or don't have the right mentality - and we can all see what he means. Nobody can say whether he would be a decent manager or not but I would be happy for him to be given a chance; he obviously knows the issues with individual players and should be able to address them.
Eustace on today on 08:37 - Apr 28 with 2158 viewsDejR_vu

Eustace on today on 07:25 - Apr 28 by jonno

He is absolutely right of course. The problem is not with the manager. He doesn't miss gilt edged chances and penalties. He doesn't faff about with the ball and lose it in dangerous areas. He doesn't give the ball away almost as soon as he gets it. He doesn't fail to track runners, give opposing players too much space and not close them down or tackle them. He doesn't continually put in poor quality final balls when in great positions. Doesn't matter what manager we bring in, we'll still have too many players who are either not good enough, or can't be bothered. He is basically saying in that interview that we have players who either don't have the quality or don't have the right mentality - and we can all see what he means. Nobody can say whether he would be a decent manager or not but I would be happy for him to be given a chance; he obviously knows the issues with individual players and should be able to address them.

In which case, whoever is responsible for recruitment of the players needs replacing.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Eustace on today on 09:20 - Apr 28 with 2066 viewsNortholt_Rs

Eustace on today on 02:24 - Apr 28 by mylot50years

Agree although results have not shown it, performances and tactics have been improved to what went on before, let's give him a chance to complete a pre season and with our loans returning and because of our financial situation we really need to give Eustace an opportunity to take us forward.
It would be interesting to see if given an opportunity to take control that he would maybe trim the multitude of green jackets the previous manager felt necessary to occupy the dugout.
And if the situation on the field does not improve come November a change could be made with nothing lost.
We really need as a club to try and stop this merry-go-round of managerial knee-jerk appointments if it's at all possible.

Eustace has zero chance of getting the job. Nor should he.

Eustace on today on 09:29 - Apr 28 with 2034 viewsNortholt_Rs

Eustace on today on 08:37 - Apr 28 by DejR_vu

In which case, whoever is responsible for recruitment of the players needs replacing.

Amen. The club needs a clear out from top to bottom. The current incumbents - across the whole club - clearly are not up to it and will get us relegated to League 1.

Eustace on today on 09:37 - Apr 28 with 2018 viewsbosh67

Eustace on today on 09:29 - Apr 28 by Northolt_Rs

Amen. The club needs a clear out from top to bottom. The current incumbents - across the whole club - clearly are not up to it and will get us relegated to League 1.

I tend to agree but can we do that on a zero budget, which is what we will have?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eustace on today on 09:40 - Apr 28 with 2012 viewsNortholt_Rs

Eustace on today on 09:37 - Apr 28 by bosh67

I tend to agree but can we do that on a zero budget, which is what we will have?

We have no choice Bosh....or we get relegated to L1 next season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024