Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Season 23:12 - Apr 27 with 4214 viewsHamptonR

Today was the only time in 44 years as a season ticket holder, plus a few years before, that I have not stayed to applaud, clap or show my appreciation for the players.
I couldn't be bothered which is really poor but I really couldn't.

I will be there for next season but this season left me flat.... just me or anyone else?

End of Season on 23:16 - Apr 27 with 4171 viewsBoston

Flat...because it had the look of promise about it for a while?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

End of Season on 23:18 - Apr 27 with 4158 viewsCiderwithRsie

Flatter n a witch's tit. But let's not forget that the players who made the end of Holloway's term and Christmas of this season so much better than the Redknapp/Hughes era are mostly still at the club.

Shoot this season in the head, watch the cricket, for God's sake give us a manager who wants to be here and not at some other club he thinks we are, and see you all next August.
End of Season on 23:50 - Apr 27 with 4079 viewsDejR_vu

You weren’t the only one. There were more stewards than spectators. The club should have cancelled it. Embarrassing for everyone.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

End of Season on 09:27 - Apr 28 with 3693 viewsNortholt_Rs

End of Season on 23:50 - Apr 27 by DejR_vu

You weren’t the only one. There were more stewards than spectators. The club should have cancelled it. Embarrassing for everyone.

But I guess it served as an clearly obvious expression of how the fans truly feel. Maybe it will be a wake up call for our inept management team and the owners, DOF and staff can start to sort this mess out at last.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

End of Season on 09:47 - Apr 28 with 3632 viewsstowmarketrange

End of Season on 09:27 - Apr 28 by Northolt_Rs

But I guess it served as an clearly obvious expression of how the fans truly feel. Maybe it will be a wake up call for our inept management team and the owners, DOF and staff can start to sort this mess out at last.

Luckily I had to leave at ft to get to work so I didn’t have to witness the lap of dishonour.The amount of fans I saw walking towards White City stn was about the same as a normal,so I don’t know how many fans actually stayed behind to see the players wander round the ground.I suspect it wasn’t many.
End of Season on 09:51 - Apr 28 with 3608 viewsHayesender

Been going now for 37 years, and yesterday was the 1st time I've ever left the ground before the end of season lap of appreciation/honour/.

In fact I left as soon as Wells missed the penalty. Glad of the break now tbh

Poll: Shamima Beghum

End of Season on 09:53 - Apr 28 with 3596 viewsBklynRanger

It was a sad indictment of the season. They'd have been far better just walking round at the end rather than going in to come back out. It was cold, there was an army of stewards blocking the view, we'd lost again at the end of a shit season. I'd say maybe a third of the people around me waited around for a bit but when they announced that the players would be out 'shortly' there was a sort of collective grunt and everybody (me included) wandered off - the idea of standing there waiting just seemed pointless.
End of Season on 10:18 - Apr 28 with 3530 viewssmegma

End of Season on 09:47 - Apr 28 by stowmarketrange

Luckily I had to leave at ft to get to work so I didn’t have to witness the lap of dishonour.The amount of fans I saw walking towards White City stn was about the same as a normal,so I don’t know how many fans actually stayed behind to see the players wander round the ground.I suspect it wasn’t many.

About 600
Login to get fewer ads

End of Season on 10:19 - Apr 28 with 3526 viewsstowmarketrange

End of Season on 10:18 - Apr 28 by smegma

About 600

Does that include the 250 stewards?
End of Season on 10:22 - Apr 28 with 3509 viewsBakes

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

End of Season on 10:32 - Apr 28 with 3465 viewsNortholt_Rs

End of Season on 10:22 - Apr 28 by Bakes

Players bring their kids on the lap of dishonour....FFS!!!!

End of Season on 12:15 - Apr 28 with 3256 viewsPastCaringNW2

Straight out at the final whistle. That's a first. Didn't even do that in 2001. I had not considered not renewing until yesterday. Now I am really not sure I can watch the team struggle to this extent for a full nine months and listen to the level of vitriol that was being handed out.

Sure there has been a jaw dropping loss of form overall and some of the squad are definitely not fit for purpose, at least not at a club where everyone has to be putting 7/10 performances every single week just to make mid table, but no one was phoning it in. There is a difference between merely playing badly, not trying very hard and being Jed Lynch. I guess the frustration has finally caught up with everyone.

We've ended where we started - a squad that isn't good enough for that level who managed to grind out three months of regular winning performances most of which had all the dynamics of a 3rd round giant killing. Every sinew being strained by every player in order to stay in the fight and enough of the luck going their way to mostly stay on the right side of the verdict. It was brilliant while it lasted. Just like a cup run.

Whether it was exhaustion, the balloon puncturing loss to Watford , McClaren losing interest or the out of contract players being free to talk to other clubs from January onward - our luck ran out and the team reverted to type.

Is there any reason to think next year will be a lot different in terms of the win ratio? Not for me. We'll lose as many games but with a cadre of much younger players taking all the stick.

I have a feeling that FFP and the iffy quality of the sides coming up will just about see us safely out of the bottom three but can I really justify paying out to watch another nine months of it? Not today.

I'll see how I feel when Tuesday comes around.
End of Season on 12:38 - Apr 28 with 3177 viewsNortholt_Rs

End of Season on 12:15 - Apr 28 by PastCaringNW2

Straight out at the final whistle. That's a first. Didn't even do that in 2001. I had not considered not renewing until yesterday. Now I am really not sure I can watch the team struggle to this extent for a full nine months and listen to the level of vitriol that was being handed out.

Sure there has been a jaw dropping loss of form overall and some of the squad are definitely not fit for purpose, at least not at a club where everyone has to be putting 7/10 performances every single week just to make mid table, but no one was phoning it in. There is a difference between merely playing badly, not trying very hard and being Jed Lynch. I guess the frustration has finally caught up with everyone.

We've ended where we started - a squad that isn't good enough for that level who managed to grind out three months of regular winning performances most of which had all the dynamics of a 3rd round giant killing. Every sinew being strained by every player in order to stay in the fight and enough of the luck going their way to mostly stay on the right side of the verdict. It was brilliant while it lasted. Just like a cup run.

Whether it was exhaustion, the balloon puncturing loss to Watford , McClaren losing interest or the out of contract players being free to talk to other clubs from January onward - our luck ran out and the team reverted to type.

Is there any reason to think next year will be a lot different in terms of the win ratio? Not for me. We'll lose as many games but with a cadre of much younger players taking all the stick.

I have a feeling that FFP and the iffy quality of the sides coming up will just about see us safely out of the bottom three but can I really justify paying out to watch another nine months of it? Not today.

I'll see how I feel when Tuesday comes around.

You will be back. It is like an incurable disease for all of us. See you in August!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024