Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Family stand 09:37 - Apr 28 with 4657 viewsstowmarketrange

Just before the kick off yesterday a group of 10-15 young men walked along the front row of the lower loft and took up seats in NL block.They were all wearing Amnesty International refugees welcome black T-shirt’s.
I guess they were guests of the club for the afternoon,which I don’t have a problem with.What I do have a problem with is the fact that they were given seats in the so called family stand.None of them looked like they were under 16,so what why were they allowed to sit there?

Long standing fans of the club have been displaced from the lower loft as they didn’t meet the criteria for continuing to sit in that part of the ground,but it appears the club can break those rules when it suits them.
Does anyone on here know any more,or should I email the club for the answer?
Family stand on 09:56 - Apr 28 with 4564 viewsDevon_4_England

Complimentary tickets will be used in different seating areas so the usual rules go out the window.

I'd imagine you could buy a ticket or season ticket in the lower loft these days even if you don't have a junior with you. I'd contact the Box Office.
Family stand on 10:05 - Apr 28 with 4523 viewsstowmarketrange

Family stand on 09:56 - Apr 28 by Devon_4_England

Complimentary tickets will be used in different seating areas so the usual rules go out the window.

I'd imagine you could buy a ticket or season ticket in the lower loft these days even if you don't have a junior with you. I'd contact the Box Office.

So will fans who have been turfed out of their seats be allowed back again?I very much doubt if they would be.
Family stand on 14:16 - Apr 28 with 4147 viewsBushRanger82

One of the worst decisions made by our sorry assed board, was making the lower loft a bloody creche.
Family stand on 20:18 - Apr 28 with 3865 viewsdaveB

you can buy a ticket in the lower loft without having an under 16 with you
Family stand on 21:21 - Apr 28 with 3680 viewsjohncharles

Family stand on 20:18 - Apr 28 by daveB

you can buy a ticket in the lower loft without having an under 16 with you

We were turfed when my son turned 16.

Strong and stable my arse.

Family stand on 02:39 - Apr 29 with 3458 viewsDavieQPR

They could have been in their 30s but as long as they say they are under 18 that is all that matters nowdays.
Family stand on 09:58 - Apr 29 with 3195 viewsdaveB

Family stand on 21:21 - Apr 28 by johncharles

We were turfed when my son turned 16.

Should be upto 21, my nephew is 21 and still counts as a kid so my Dad hasn't been moved yet
Family stand on 11:32 - Apr 29 with 3099 viewsloftboy

They must have been Syrian refugees after all they were all kids weren’t they!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Family stand on 11:46 - Sep 24 with 2509 viewsToast_R

Can I ask a couple of things?

In your opinions and with the benefit of experience, how old do you reckon a boy has to be to enjoy or even sit still bloody long enough to go to his first match?

My son is 4 (5 in early Jan) he's quite lively and I'm not sure he'll sit still for 90 plus minutes if he inevitably gets bored. He has been to the cinema with the Mrs and watched Alladin recently and was pretty good and also a Panto last Christmas that he also sat through.

Obviously I'd take him in the family stand so are there plenty of other kids there similar age? To be honest, I think I'll pack a bag of snacks and his Nintendo DS which tends to keep him from going off and trying to shoot aliens or something - wild imagination at times.

I'm hoping he'll just be completely memorised by it all and just love it but I need to be prepared and not get frustrated with him if he just doesn't get it all yet. Also, ,is the Fanzone thing worth a visit before hand?
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 11:47]
Family stand on 12:30 - Sep 24 with 2345 viewsMiss_Terraces

Family stand on 11:46 - Sep 24 by Toast_R

In your opinions and with the benefit of experience, how old do you reckon a boy has to be to enjoy or even sit still bloody long enough to go to his first match?

My son is 4 (5 in early Jan) he's quite lively and I'm not sure he'll sit still for 90 plus minutes if he inevitably gets bored. He has been to the cinema with the Mrs and watched Alladin recently and was pretty good and also a Panto last Christmas that he also sat through.

Obviously I'd take him in the family stand so are there plenty of other kids there similar age? To be honest, I think I'll pack a bag of snacks and his Nintendo DS which tends to keep him from going off and trying to shoot aliens or something - wild imagination at times.

I'm hoping he'll just be completely memorised by it all and just love it but I need to be prepared and not get frustrated with him if he just doesn't get it all yet. Also, ,is the Fanzone thing worth a visit before hand?

My oldest went at 4, went smoothly. Youngest (who doesn't have the same level of patience) at 6, not so well. Really depends on your son. A piece of advice I can give is, don't go in long before kick off. The match will be long enough for him. I would save the fanzone for another day.
Good luck, it's an amazing experience taking your child to the football. Although it is far more stressful.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Family stand on 12:55 - Sep 24 with 2224 viewsStanisgod

Family stand on 12:30 - Sep 24 by Miss_Terraces

My oldest went at 4, went smoothly. Youngest (who doesn't have the same level of patience) at 6, not so well. Really depends on your son. A piece of advice I can give is, don't go in long before kick off. The match will be long enough for him. I would save the fanzone for another day.
Good luck, it's an amazing experience taking your child to the football. Although it is far more stressful.

My 7 year old grandson has been 5 times now in the last 18 months. He takes his DS and some snacks and he normally gets a bit bored around 60 minutes, but their all different. We've taken him family stand, S block and paddock to give him a change of view. He's been in the Fanzone a couple of times but it's a bit samey for that age after a bit and it shuts at 2 so you've got to kill an hour. Got to pay for him next season so he won't be going any more
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 22:35]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Family stand on 13:02 - Sep 24 with 2202 viewsessextaxiboy

7 ........IMO

They need to be old enough to understand that big men(who may include their Dad ) who look really angry and shout are nothing to worry about .
Junior school exposes them to a few new words some of which they may accidentally hear at a game , they can probably gauge whether they will need a pee in the next 45 min .

Make sure you can see his face when he sees the pitch for the first time , its a once only chance.

Make sure you know what you are doing to him , my boys are 33 and 24 with season tickets now but there have been times when I have felt the need to apologise for the pain inflicted ...
Family stand on 13:07 - Sep 24 with 2182 viewsOakR

I took my eight year first when he was 7. Not sure we can compare to now as the games were dire (remember the start of last season - imagine that as your first few games!!

It was ok, I took lots of snacks and some magazines to read etc. He is now fully into it and I don't take anything.

My 5 year old has less attention span so I will wait til next year at least, if not longer.

My 8 year old seems to prefer it if his Uncle is there also.

If sitting in the Lower Loft don't go for the front row - I did thinking it would be great - he couldn't see anything as you are below pitch level (we moved).

Get them to the toilet early - when they need a number 2 five minutes before KO it's far from amazing.

I've never been, but I've heard the kidszone on S Africa Road is good if you get there early.

Now my son is past 8, we sit in S Africa Rd which we all prefer. We've tried Loft Upper twice, but decided it's back luck after the Portsmouth match....

Good luck !

Poll: Will we stay up?

Family stand on 13:24 - Sep 24 with 2109 viewsflynnbo

I took my son when he was 10 days old!!!
Family stand on 14:02 - Sep 24 with 2005 viewsEsox_Lucius

Family stand on 13:24 - Sep 24 by flynnbo

I took my son when he was 10 days old!!!

My boy was 6 months old when I took him to his first away game, Stan's Testimonial at Griffin Park

The grass is always greener.

Family stand on 14:03 - Sep 24 with 1995 viewsdaveB

I took my son for the first time when he was 1 then a few games a season until he was 7 and he's been a regular for the last 3 years and does a few away games as well.

Boredom is a problem, kids at first won't sit through the whole game but same as anywhere you go you have phones, ipads to distract them. When it's not packed, I found moving seats helps so we watch the last 10 minutes of the half right behind the goal, breaks the game up a bit and keeps them interested.

You'll also find other fans help, when we spot a new kid around us we try and engage with them, my son usually shares his chips or crisps with them and the kids getting chatting among themselves.

Club do a lot of good things though, they have a games room in the lower loft with a Nintendo Wii, board games, table football and various activities. They also do a bingo card for during the game so you mark off a goal, throw in in, booking, shot hitting the bar etc, that worked quite well with my kid when he was 5/6

The fanzone on SA Road is superb, they do loads of activities for kids, well worth a visit and all free.

Should add be prepared that your kid won't enjoy it at first, it does take time, has taken a while for my son to get to where he is now in asking to go rather than being taken
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 14:06]
Family stand on 15:38 - Sep 24 with 1828 viewsToast_R

Thanks everyone really helpful. I was looking at West Brom this Saturday but it looks pretty full up in Lower Loft, I don't want to sit in uncovered seats for his first visit as it looks as though it might rain and getting a soaking really would put him off. I think I'll bide my time a while longer yet, it's on Sky after all.
Family stand on 17:15 - Sep 24 with 1674 viewsdaveB

Family stand on 15:38 - Sep 24 by Toast_R

Thanks everyone really helpful. I was looking at West Brom this Saturday but it looks pretty full up in Lower Loft, I don't want to sit in uncovered seats for his first visit as it looks as though it might rain and getting a soaking really would put him off. I think I'll bide my time a while longer yet, it's on Sky after all.

you don't want it rammed for their first game as the noise can be quite intimidating for a youngster, Blackburn the following week will probably be a good one and one we have a decent change of winning as well
Family stand on 17:27 - Sep 24 with 1634 viewsstowmarketrange

Family stand on 17:15 - Sep 24 by daveB

you don't want it rammed for their first game as the noise can be quite intimidating for a youngster, Blackburn the following week will probably be a good one and one we have a decent change of winning as well

You do realise we haven’t beaten Blackburn in years and years?
November 1993 was the last time we beat them at home and 1999 was our last win up there.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 17:30]
Family stand on 17:41 - Sep 24 with 1588 viewsloftboy

Family stand on 12:30 - Sep 24 by Miss_Terraces

Took mine at 4, didn’t take them long to get into it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Family stand on 17:49 - Sep 24 with 1561 viewsdaveB

Family stand on 17:27 - Sep 24 by stowmarketrange

You do realise we haven’t beaten Blackburn in years and years?
November 1993 was the last time we beat them at home and 1999 was our last win up there.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 17:30]

we are due a win then
Family stand on 21:43 - Sep 24 with 1250 viewsBoston

Child #1...9, no problems
Child#2....7, no problems
Child#3....9, no problems
Wife...…..55, football match! Fvck off.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Family stand on 00:56 - Sep 25 with 1125 viewstimcocking

There are so many negative things i could say about Amnesty, but i really can't be arsed. I hope nobody is fooled by them or any of those massive criminal organisations/charities.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024