Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players out of contract 11:41 - May 1 with 4240 viewsRblockPrior

I see the club have confirmed the youngsters which are being let go, when do you think we will hear about those in the senior team being let go? I suppose the team at the weekend will give some clues. If I remember correctly last season we did it before the last home game

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Players out of contract on 11:45 - May 1 with 4200 viewsGloucs_R

Surprised about these 3, they seem to have had good reviews:

Ali Omar
Joe Felix
Charlie Fox

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players out of contract on 12:07 - May 1 with 4085 viewsEsox_Lucius

Joe Felix has been unhappy at the club and been looking for another club for a while now. I am surprised about Ali Omar though, I think he is a decent player. Chay Tilt is another I am disappointed is leaving as he showed a lot of promise last season but seems to have lost his way this season.
[Post edited 1 May 2019 12:09]

The grass is always greener.

Players out of contract on 12:20 - May 1 with 4006 viewscaliforniahoop

A bit surprised about Tilt, it’s the one part of the club I have confidence in.
Players out of contract on 12:24 - May 1 with 3984 viewssexton

Tilt was on the bench recently as well but perhaps the numbers were short.

Was quite impressed by Felix in the U23s. Seemed a better prospect than Kakay.
Players out of contract on 12:42 - May 1 with 3893 viewsLblock

You’ll have read the level of budget cuts Bungle is looking for.
Slash and burn at all levels

Caterham Park Rangers FC

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Players out of contract on 12:59 - May 1 with 3806 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players out of contract on 12:42 - May 1 by Lblock

You’ll have read the level of budget cuts Bungle is looking for.
Slash and burn at all levels

Caterham Park Rangers FC

Every year players at U23 level at every club get cut, no matter how rich the club is.
You're criticisms of TF are often valid, but not here.

Bare bones.

Players out of contract on 13:04 - May 1 with 3784 viewsfrancisbowles

Players out of contract on 12:59 - May 1 by Antti_Heinola

Every year players at U23 level at every club get cut, no matter how rich the club is.
You're criticisms of TF are often valid, but not here.

Are they included in FFP calculations when they reach a certain age?
Players out of contract on 13:32 - May 1 with 3664 viewsnix

Would be interested to know of any young players we let go that later made it at Championship level or higher. If anything we've kept people on for too long in the past, like Petrasso, Doughty or Grego-Cox. We can't afford to keep on people just in case. We need to make harder decisions because of our financial situation.
Login to get fewer ads

Players out of contract on 14:28 - May 1 with 3472 viewsToast_R

Dave Mac is criticizing Les for this, I'm not sure why?
Players out of contract on 14:30 - May 1 with 3470 viewsRblockPrior

I can not think of one youth player we have let go in recent years that has gone on to big things, Andrade has done well at Lincoln but that is L2

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Players out of contract on 14:38 - May 1 with 3435 viewssmegma

Players out of contract on 12:07 - May 1 by Esox_Lucius

Joe Felix has been unhappy at the club and been looking for another club for a while now. I am surprised about Ali Omar though, I think he is a decent player. Chay Tilt is another I am disappointed is leaving as he showed a lot of promise last season but seems to have lost his way this season.
[Post edited 1 May 2019 12:09]

Right midfielder Chay Tilt was excellent in the 2017-2018 season. This season he hasn't impressed . I believe he got into trouble early in the season at an away game when he got into a row/fight with our keeper after we conceded a goal. Both got yellow carded. He missed the next game as he was banned from the training ground apparently. He did rejoin the fold but his performances were not at the standards he'd set the year before. He appeared to be going through the motions for the last 4 months , maybe he knew he was leaving ???

Central defender Charlie Fox was a great prospect when he was in the under 18s. In 2017-18 he played 22 times for the under 23s, this season he has made 6 appearances. That's probably down to what Paul Hall sees on a daily basis at Harlington. We also have a ready made replacement in 18 year old centre back Joe Gubbins who made a few starts for the u23s at the end of the season.

Right back Joe Felix had a great season up until Christmas , since then he has hardly played, gone out on loan/work experience whatever.......

All three I really rated but it appears it wasn't to be. Good luck to all 3 wherever they end up.
Players out of contract on 14:51 - May 1 with 3376 viewsqprd

i dont know much about any of these kids, so i cant comment on whether its a good or bad move

but if the intention was for chay tilt to get released, why was he on the bench against derby and blackburn? he didnt come on, but why not give the experience of making the bench to one of your young kids we want to bring through? this seems to be a case of poor management between the ferdinand, ramsey and eustace
Players out of contract on 14:54 - May 1 with 3368 viewsrsonist

Players out of contract on 13:32 - May 1 by nix

Would be interested to know of any young players we let go that later made it at Championship level or higher. If anything we've kept people on for too long in the past, like Petrasso, Doughty or Grego-Cox. We can't afford to keep on people just in case. We need to make harder decisions because of our financial situation.

Not many spring to mind at the age group we're talking about.

Mepham wasn't signed after a trial but that was at 15. Harvey Elliott at Fulham (very highly rated, made his debut last season at 15) was formerly on our books but I don't know if he was poached or released.

I think McIntyre's point - probably a harsh one - is that the club (and the management group we're pinning our hopes on) needs a consistent production line to survive and this number of released suggests there'll be a gap in that now, and possibly indicate that errors have been made.

There actually aren't that many clubs that can claim to have new first team contenders every year though. You get good crops that stick in the memory (West Ham, Southampton, Spurs) and provoke envious eyes at the infrastructures that produced them but they never end up maintaining that level year on year.

I'm particularly surprised about Felix but there will be plenty released elsewhere to replace them with over the summer. (Spurs have yet to offer contracts to Jack Roles and Marcus Edwards for instance, I wonder if we're looking at them).
Players out of contract on 15:08 - May 1 with 3332 viewssmegma

Players out of contract on 14:51 - May 1 by qprd

i dont know much about any of these kids, so i cant comment on whether its a good or bad move

but if the intention was for chay tilt to get released, why was he on the bench against derby and blackburn? he didnt come on, but why not give the experience of making the bench to one of your young kids we want to bring through? this seems to be a case of poor management between the ferdinand, ramsey and eustace

Or maybe he would have came on and had a great game and got signed for a fee ??? Josh Bowler springs to mind.
Players out of contract on 15:19 - May 1 with 3297 viewsPinnerPaul

Players out of contract on 12:20 - May 1 by californiahoop

A bit surprised about Tilt, it’s the one part of the club I have confidence in.

Isn't he a right sided attacking player?

If so, we have too many of them now, so perfectly logical for him to go I would have thought.

Of course all those criticising the club and Les and others like myself expressing an opinion, can't really talk with any authority unless they/we watch the U23s regularly, which I for one don't.
Players out of contract on 15:49 - May 1 with 3205 viewsbosh67

Surprised about Tilt and Fox. Two that seemed destined to make it.

The prospect of a team sheet reading Tilt Eze Chair was the only thing I was looking forward to next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players out of contract on 16:05 - May 1 with 3150 viewsqprd

Players out of contract on 15:08 - May 1 by smegma

Or maybe he would have came on and had a great game and got signed for a fee ??? Josh Bowler springs to mind.

tilt was out of contract at the end of the year, so we wouldnt have been able to sell him anyways

its bizarre bc the club has just given shodipo (who was also out of contract) an extension.... yet tilt, who is leaving, got a bench spot over shodipo against blackburn, hardly 10 days ago
[Post edited 1 May 2019 16:07]
Players out of contract on 22:57 - May 1 with 2687 viewssmegma

Players out of contract on 16:05 - May 1 by qprd

tilt was out of contract at the end of the year, so we wouldnt have been able to sell him anyways

its bizarre bc the club has just given shodipo (who was also out of contract) an extension.... yet tilt, who is leaving, got a bench spot over shodipo against blackburn, hardly 10 days ago
[Post edited 1 May 2019 16:07]

Even more bizarre was Khaliq Raymond -Callander is one of those released. After it was announced he then played in a behind closed door friendly at Brentford this afternoon.
Players out of contract on 00:00 - May 2 with 2603 viewsoldmisery

Players out of contract on 22:57 - May 1 by smegma

Even more bizarre was Khaliq Raymond -Callander is one of those released. After it was announced he then played in a behind closed door friendly at Brentford this afternoon.

Unfortunately this sort of thing has been going on for years. After sitting on the bench in a Football Combination game at The Den way back in 1968, I got home to find a letter from the club informing me that my trial period had been terminated. It read as if I had been on trial for a week - but I'd been playing for Millwall in the South -East Counties League for just over eighteen months!
Players out of contract on 00:46 - May 2 with 2578 viewsisawqpratwcity

Players out of contract on 13:04 - May 1 by francisbowles

Are they included in FFP calculations when they reach a certain age?

U23s are exempt.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Players out of contract on 07:40 - May 2 with 2389 viewscaliforniahoop

Players out of contract on 00:46 - May 2 by isawqpratwcity

U23s are exempt.

Yep, U23’s are not effected by FFP, David Mac is a tool, youth players are released every year by clubs, other than Tilt, no surprises, we will have around 7/8 youth players in the first team squad next season at least 4 will feature regularly, that’s progress.

Additionally a few will emerge like Gubbins, the polish keeper, Bettache, Domi, Cowley and hopefully DeSilva, Carlyle and a couple of fullbacks who’s names escapes me, too add to the list, the youth set up is the one part of the club that’s running correctly!
Players out of contract on 17:26 - May 2 with 1990 viewssmegma

Players out of contract on 07:40 - May 2 by californiahoop

Yep, U23’s are not effected by FFP, David Mac is a tool, youth players are released every year by clubs, other than Tilt, no surprises, we will have around 7/8 youth players in the first team squad next season at least 4 will feature regularly, that’s progress.

Additionally a few will emerge like Gubbins, the polish keeper, Bettache, Domi, Cowley and hopefully DeSilva, Carlyle and a couple of fullbacks who’s names escapes me, too add to the list, the youth set up is the one part of the club that’s running correctly!

cowley ??
[Post edited 3 May 2019 20:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024