Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cruising 01:59 - May 2 with 2268 viewsBoston

Mrs Boston is adamant I join her on a Caribbean Cruise. Departing at the end of December from Fort Lauderdale, New Years onboard and all that lark. Now I'm not averse to boats or the Sargasso Sea, it's just something that's never really crossed my mind before. Supposed to be a company from Weybridge runs it, so many British 'sailors' expected. Anyone taken this jaunt on the Serenade of the Seas, should I be worried about Saga louts or is it the love boat?
[Post edited 2 May 2019 2:13]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cruising on 05:16 - May 2 with 2204 viewswestberksr

I've cruised a few times Boston and it can be a really nice holiday. Really depends at what end of the cruise spectrum you've pitched it at though?

if you have a 'Carnival' cruise they can have a pretty chavvy (or whatever the US equivalent term is) clientele and others might be a bit greyer than you'd like. It's difficult to find a happy medium as certain cruise lines attract a certain demographic; all based on price and the perception. It's like any hotel group, they range from your travelodge through to your 5/6 star outfits.

Get the info on the boat and find out what upgrade restaurants etc are available and try and enjoy it. Good luck
Cruising on 10:57 - May 2 with 2037 viewsDannyPaddox

I suppose you'd call this one a Tom Cruise

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cruise-ship-st-lucia-quarantined-over-confi
Cruising on 11:00 - May 2 with 2028 viewsBostonR

Just come off a Royal Caribbean cruise (Mariner of the Seas) from Miami sailing around the Caribbean. My first cruise and not my last but here are my considerations:
1. Try to travel outside of school terms - too many kids.
2. Purchase your drink and food packages up-front. It's cheaper.
3. Get an external cabin with a balcony.
4. Arrange your pick-up as it is manic when they throw you off the boat.
5. We had great fun if you like drinking and eating!
Cruising on 11:01 - May 2 with 2026 viewshubble

You'll have to dress appropriately mate....

Cruising on 11:03 - May 2 with 2022 viewsRangersDave

Been on 2 cruises around the carib, and 1 in the med.

lots of others thatwere great by the way.

However i found the septics in the carib cruises very arrogant, pushy, wont wait in queues, gobby, and everything you would expect from the worst nightmares.

The med cruise was ruined by the italians, especially at the buffet... again pushing in, picking with fingers straight to the mouth and back into the bowls, loud, and just uncouth.

the baltic one with Royal carib was great, as were the south east asia ones. Steer clear of Thompson, MSC, and Norwegian if you can.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Cruising on 11:03 - May 2 with 2019 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Cruising on 11:07 - May 2 with 2008 viewsdannyblue

Cruising on 11:01 - May 2 by hubble

You'll have to dress appropriately mate....

Cruising on 11:22 - May 2 with 1984 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Cruising on 11:54 - May 2 with 1933 viewsDannyPaddox

Last Christmas ...
Cruising on 12:29 - May 2 with 1870 viewsFearless

My wife wanted to do a cruise, I didn’t.

So I found a cruise called Hurtigruten that goes through the fjords of Norway.
Absolutely amazing!

It’s effectively a posh ferry, the people use to commute and it delivers goods to remote ports eg new cars etc. So you might stop somewhere for half hour while the offload, then move on.
But you also stop at places like Tromso, Trondheim, etc

We had an outside cabin with a balcony, the food was great, wine package purchased up front.
None of this dressing up, dinner with the captain etc and the only entertainment was what you could see from the windows, balcony or decks.
We had probably our best holiday ever. Plenty of excursions too including dog sledding, rib crafts etc
Started at Bergen and went through the arctic circle up to the North Cape and near the Russian border.

Saw the northern lights on 2 occasions.
It’s the only holiday I would ever think of repeating

Highly recommend!
[Post edited 2 May 2019 12:32]
Cruising on 14:56 - May 2 with 1752 viewsBoston

I don’t really understand women, but I do know that Mrs Boston recognizes a car ferry when she sees one and life is difficult enough as it is.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cruising on 15:02 - May 2 with 1736 views2Thomas2Bowles

Get a boat on the Norfolk Broads
A surprisingly good holiday

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Cruising on 16:20 - May 2 with 1658 viewsonlyrinmoray

Cruising on 15:02 - May 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Get a boat on the Norfolk Broads
A surprisingly good holiday

I agree...... went for a holiday with 3 mates when I was 18 great laugh. I think we were given the slowest boat on the Broads We hit a bridge as we underestimated the clearance under a bridge (something about tides) and wrecked the rail at the pointy end. We had to haul it back into shape and stuck matches in the holes to get it to sit up straight We needed to pass the inspection to get our £25 deposit back to pay for the petrol to get back to the Smoke Managed to divert the owners attention when he headed up to the front. I told him we had broken a cup in the kitchen " No problem lads "...... cue quick getaway

Always fancied going again but have never got round to it
Cruising on 17:29 - May 2 with 1610 views2Thomas2Bowles

Cruising on 16:20 - May 2 by onlyrinmoray

I agree...... went for a holiday with 3 mates when I was 18 great laugh. I think we were given the slowest boat on the Broads We hit a bridge as we underestimated the clearance under a bridge (something about tides) and wrecked the rail at the pointy end. We had to haul it back into shape and stuck matches in the holes to get it to sit up straight We needed to pass the inspection to get our £25 deposit back to pay for the petrol to get back to the Smoke Managed to divert the owners attention when he headed up to the front. I told him we had broken a cup in the kitchen " No problem lads "...... cue quick getaway

Always fancied going again but have never got round to it

Sometimes the simple way is the better way but you do need the weather to be kind.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024