Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window Changes.... 18:23 - May 2 with 2513 viewsrichranger

The EFL have announced that the transfer window for sales/loans for Championship clubs will close on August 8th - the same as the Premiership.

Last year the window stayed open for a few weeks longer than the Prem - which is why we got Hemed and Wells without a loan fee.

With our FFP restrictions etc - this could cause us a few problems....
Transfer Window Changes.... on 18:30 - May 2 with 2480 viewsDorse

We're doomed. As usual.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Transfer Window Changes.... on 18:59 - May 2 with 2412 viewsDannyPaddox

A season without a peppering of shonky Premier League no-marks beckons.
Transfer Window Changes.... on 19:32 - May 2 with 2333 viewsHooped_Pullie

We'll have to adapt, like the rest.

I think what we'll really need in the window is shrewd bargains on 2 or 3 year contracts where there is a bit of mutual skin in the game.

A Pukki or two wouldn't go amiss...
Transfer Window Changes.... on 20:16 - May 2 with 2260 viewspaulparker

Loans are no good we would have been better off with me and Discodroid up top for the last 6 weeks than wells or hemed ( bar Swansea)
How about we trust penrice and let him come up with some rough diamonds or give Oteh a run with chair and Eze behind him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Transfer Window Changes.... on 21:23 - May 2 with 2154 viewsbosh67

I don't think we should have any loans next season. Get a few mature heads in on one season deals with an option for another season and concentrate on bringing in players like Freeman, Scowen, Manning etc etc and develop them for X seasons, sell them on at profits and bring in the next crop.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer Window Changes.... on 07:02 - May 3 with 1875 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer Window Changes.... on 21:23 - May 2 by bosh67

I don't think we should have any loans next season. Get a few mature heads in on one season deals with an option for another season and concentrate on bringing in players like Freeman, Scowen, Manning etc etc and develop them for X seasons, sell them on at profits and bring in the next crop.

A wizened old pro always makes sense, regardless of the average age of the team. And with a young and frankly, not very good team like ours, it’s essential. However, for every Derry or Hill, there’s countless useless wasters that come, add nothing and drain resources.

Where I disagree with you, is the notion of not taking any sort of loan player. Like seasoned pros, we’ve had good ‘uns like Kyle Walker and the Moroccan who cannot be named for legal reasons, and then we’ve had taunts.

The key to both, is proper scouting, homework and selecting players who want the chance to play, add something and in the case of young players, prove their worth.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer Window Changes.... on 07:31 - May 3 with 1861 viewsdaveB

that will just drive up the price of loan players, daft move, it worked well this year with the loan market going on for an extra few weeks.
Transfer Window Changes.... on 09:04 - May 3 with 1788 viewssimmo

Does the loan market not remain open beyond the 8th?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Window Changes.... on 09:38 - May 3 with 1753 viewsstevec

I imagine our Director of Football is already all over this, cost wise signings lined up and all in on the 1st July.

Then again, he may just sit on his hands, bring in no signings, give Lynch a 5 year contract and when we lose our opening game 5-0 at home to Barnsley, rush in a couple of last minute loans.

We'll see.
Transfer Window Changes.... on 10:25 - May 3 with 1721 viewsTheChef

I think on the whole this will be a good thing for us as a club, and hopefully make it more of a level playing field.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024