Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton 20:48 - May 6 with 31638 viewsFrankRightguard

That is all
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 20:53 - May 6 with 10379 viewsLongsufferingR

Not upset with that. Will be good to get it announced asap so he can start assessing the squad and looking at signings.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 20:55 - May 6 with 10354 viewsBerkoRanger

Three year contract, I hope - for stability.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 20:57 - May 6 with 10333 viewsloftboy

Let’s hope he knows who Chair is!! I have big hopes for the little fella this year.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:01 - May 6 with 10255 viewsLongsufferingR

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 20:57 - May 6 by loftboy

Let’s hope he knows who Chair is!! I have big hopes for the little fella this year.

Me too. Not wanting to put too much pressure on but I'd be disappointed with fewer than 15 goals from at least 30 yards each from him.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:14 - May 6 with 10096 viewsAntti_Heinola

Probably about the best we could hope for, allowing for the fact there was no chance of anyone at the club coming up with a smart, exciting, little-known geezer from Germany/Portugal. Someone who probably will be happy to use Chair/Eze/BOS too.

Bare bones.

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:23 - May 6 with 10006 viewsCamberleyR

Says on the Sky Sports website that Eustace will remain as Warburton's number two.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/11713343/queens-park-rangers-set-t
[Post edited 6 May 2019 21:24]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:27 - May 6 with 9964 viewseghamranger

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:23 - May 6 by CamberleyR

Says on the Sky Sports website that Eustace will remain as Warburton's number two.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/11713343/queens-park-rangers-set-t
[Post edited 6 May 2019 21:24]

Now that I would be happy with.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:33 - May 6 with 9902 viewsThGrimRanger

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:27 - May 6 by eghamranger

Now that I would be happy with.

good stuff

TheGrimRanger

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:34 - May 6 with 9879 viewsdannyblue

My preference from those in the running.

Why’s he been out of work for 18 months though?
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:35 - May 6 with 9867 viewsflynnbo

Happy with this. Wanted him a few years ago and glad Eustace will be staying if reports are to be believed.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:36 - May 6 with 9855 viewsNorthernr

Dave Mc also reporting this as done.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:40 - May 6 with 9802 viewsBerkoRanger

Also pleased John could be staying as well.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:41 - May 6 with 9791 viewsGloucs_R

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:35 - May 6 by flynnbo

Happy with this. Wanted him a few years ago and glad Eustace will be staying if reports are to be believed.

Where did you get this?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:42 - May 6 with 9778 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:35 - May 6 by flynnbo

Agree with all of that.

Seems a fine appointment to me all 'round.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:42 - May 6 with 9771 viewscolinallcars

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:34 - May 6 by dannyblue

My preference from those in the running.

Why’s he been out of work for 18 months though?

Benefits scrounger ?
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:44 - May 6 with 9744 viewsLeedsR

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:14 - May 6 by Antti_Heinola

Probably about the best we could hope for, allowing for the fact there was no chance of anyone at the club coming up with a smart, exciting, little-known geezer from Germany/Portugal. Someone who probably will be happy to use Chair/Eze/BOS too.

I wouldn’t have minded “a smart, exciting, little known geezer from Germany/Portugal”. No baggage, low expectation, and considering our circumstances the potential to be given a chance, see Wagner, Farke and Stendel from the BVB conveyor belt for other clubs and Gigi de Canio at our own. With every “name” whether or not they are established managerially, comes a higher level of expectation.

Saying all that, given our circumstances, Warburton seems as good as we are going to get. Thank heavens it’s not Sherwood, would have been more than pleased with Jackett, relieved it’s not Ainsworth in that I wouldn’t want his good standing unnecessarily sullied.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:51 - May 6 with 9656 viewsSharpediver

Sorry to sound churlish and I obviously wish Warburton all the best etc but this is a bit of an underwhelming appointment if true. He just seems another failed manager to me. His track record is mixed and he under-achieved at Glasgow Rangers and Forest. Would have preferred Ainswoth to be honest.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:54 - May 6 with 9590 viewsdannyblue

Eustace staying as number two is interesting. suggests to me he's being groomed to be next manager and has been imposed on warbs by the club - which could be a good or bad sign.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:56 - May 6 with 9556 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:54 - May 6 by dannyblue

Eustace staying as number two is interesting. suggests to me he's being groomed to be next manager and has been imposed on warbs by the club - which could be a good or bad sign.

Warbs would've got a job elsewhere soon, so if he wasn't happy with that, he wouldn't have taken the job. So very much doubt he's been 'forced' on him.

Bare bones.

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:58 - May 6 with 9536 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:51 - May 6 by Sharpediver

Sorry to sound churlish and I obviously wish Warburton all the best etc but this is a bit of an underwhelming appointment if true. He just seems another failed manager to me. His track record is mixed and he under-achieved at Glasgow Rangers and Forest. Would have preferred Ainswoth to be honest.

did well at Rangers, had less than a year at Forest.

Bare bones.

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 22:01 - May 6 with 9501 viewsdannyblue

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:56 - May 6 by Antti_Heinola

Warbs would've got a job elsewhere soon, so if he wasn't happy with that, he wouldn't have taken the job. So very much doubt he's been 'forced' on him.

Unusual for a manager not to select his own number two. I don’t know who Warburton used in the past.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 22:04 - May 6 with 9462 viewsdannyblue

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 22:01 - May 6 by dannyblue

Unusual for a manager not to select his own number two. I don’t know who Warburton used in the past.

Checked and he's had David Weir at his last three clubs. Weir now has a job at Brighton: 'pathway development manager' but doesn't appear to want to coach anymore in interview below. So can see why Warburton would be open to the recommendation.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/
[Post edited 6 May 2019 22:06]
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 22:04 - May 6 with 9457 viewspaulparker

Had him at 8-1 the week mclown got sacked
Great appointment something we should have done 5 years ago

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 22:43 - May 6 with 9047 viewsDejR_vu

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 21:51 - May 6 by Sharpediver

I don’t think we’re in a position to attract a manager with a track record better than mixed.

Looks to me to be the best we could have hoped for. Not a bad record, used to working on a budget, used to developing players, won’t be looking down his nose at us, coming in with eyes wide open.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 23:07 - May 6 with 8866 viewsMaggsinho

Pleased with this. Wonder how they resolved his previously reported reluctance to work under a DOF?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024