Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column 17:07 - May 8 with 4303 viewsNorthernr

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column 8th May 2019 17:06
Former Brentford, Rangers and Forest manager Mark Warburton has been confirmed as the new boss of Queens Park Rangers this afternoon, succeeding Steve McClaren at Loftus Road. 16

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 17:12 - May 8 with 4268 viewssimmo

Wallop! You must have been hovering on that send button for hours

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 17:40 - May 8 with 4034 viewsted_hendrix

Well here we go, we've got another Manager Summer's almost here, what's not to like?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 17:44 - May 8 with 4010 viewsNoelmc

Great analysis Clive.

I'm happy with his appointment and hope he does well. Let's hope the Board and us fans have some patience with him and the appearance of a disparaging nickname is a long time down the line.
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 18:03 - May 8 with 3889 viewsSimonJames

Nice clean shaven head!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 18:10 - May 8 with 3819 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 18:03 - May 8 by SimonJames

Nice clean shaven head!

Just needs a hat now...

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 20:11 - May 8 with 3336 viewsWilloW4

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 17:44 - May 8 by Noelmc

Great analysis Clive.

I'm happy with his appointment and hope he does well. Let's hope the Board and us fans have some patience with him and the appearance of a disparaging nickname is a long time down the line.

Wish him all the best... Good appointment .
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 22:34 - May 8 with 2969 viewsdachiltern

Decent appointment, also in when players contracts need sorting and dare I say possible new signings?
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 22:54 - May 8 with 2908 viewszicoshoops

I'll tell you what..........
I've had enough....
In fact I've had more than enough.

I've applied for the job every time it's become vacant since Gerry went the first time.
Make me right, I'm not a greedy man.
This time round I was interviewed by the Boy Tone.

Nice fella, talks the talk.....but stand on me.....
When it comes to professional football...................he's as silly as arseholes.
I asked for 15 million a season.........two bottles of Brandy a week, plus a free tab at the Conni.
Also, I don't work weekends, plus I've got my own tracksuit.

A day later I get a phone call..........'Thanks, but no thanks.'
Fair enough Tone..........poke it son......your loss.
I'll tell you what though....it all goes bollocks with the fella Forburton......my price goes up.

I'm wasting my time with this lot.

What's going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 23:00 - May 8 with 2889 viewsLblock

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 18:10 - May 8 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Just needs a hat now...

Anything but a woolly beanie will suffice

I have a large collection he’s welcome to share, from baker boy, to baseball to straw trilby.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 23:28 - May 8 with 2818 viewsted_hendrix

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 22:54 - May 8 by zicoshoops

I'll tell you what..........
I've had enough....
In fact I've had more than enough.

I've applied for the job every time it's become vacant since Gerry went the first time.
Make me right, I'm not a greedy man.
This time round I was interviewed by the Boy Tone.

Nice fella, talks the talk.....but stand on me.....
When it comes to professional football...................he's as silly as arseholes.
I asked for 15 million a season.........two bottles of Brandy a week, plus a free tab at the Conni.
Also, I don't work weekends, plus I've got my own tracksuit.

A day later I get a phone call..........'Thanks, but no thanks.'
Fair enough Tone..........poke it son......your loss.
I'll tell you what though....it all goes bollocks with the fella Forburton......my price goes up.

I'm wasting my time with this lot.

What's going on?

We should be told

Sort it out

You'd have cracked under the pressure Mr Z, by late September you'd have been sacked thanks to the LR crowd.

"Boo"

"Mr Z your shit"

"You don't know what your doing Mr Z"

That sort of thing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 07:37 - May 9 with 2496 viewsCiderwithRsie

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 17:44 - May 8 by Noelmc

Great analysis Clive.

"Let's hope...... the appearance of a disparaging nickname is a long time down the line."

It's not something we have to "hope" for, it's completely in our own hands.

TBF I think a lot of us have grown up a bit and got real over the usefulness of slagging off the manager in the last few years; McClaren went when his position was untenable and looked like he really might take us down, but he got quite an easy ride from supporters, considering.

Even now I think people are more disappointed than angry or contemptuous. The DoF and owners seem to be the blokes people go after.
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 08:35 - May 9 with 2384 viewsYorkRanger

Sensible appointment, particularly when looking at the options available and where the club is.

Lets hope this works and he gets the time needed
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 09:21 - May 9 with 2291 viewsrobith

The best of the list, even if that is damning with faint praise.

On the one hand, he seems to have the things we need/want

- Attacking football
- Transfer canny which will only help our existing recruitment team
- Doesn't see the solution in signing more players (in fact often the opposite)
- Loves to play younger players
- Fosters a play hard, play for your muckers mentality

However his failings have powder keg potential at QPR

- Falls out with people - we've a lot of people to fall out with
- The inflexibility point - I think he actually has a bit of a point with Plan B is do Plan A better but fans rarely see the solution as players raising their game but in "FFS Manager, CHANGE IT UP"
- Our ultimate objective needs to be first and foremost staying up and his weakness in defensive coaching concerns me. How we started last season and ended up made me feel we need of a bit of a back to basics tune up at the back, grind some draws and build from there approach

Overall though, I feel it's a positive appointment of a man who should suit us and what we're trying/need to do. Doubt it will be easy but I'm mildly excited.

Just 3 months until I need to start the relegation tracker again
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 09:24 - May 9 with 2287 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 18:03 - May 8 by SimonJames

Nice clean shaven head!

Nothing wrong with that.

It is a major plus versus 'hair island'
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 11:15 - May 9 with 2102 viewsstevec

Not too worried about his apparent weakness coaching defending, we've been conceding 65-70 goals a season on a regular basis so it can't get a lot worse.

4 years of a back foot approach, maybe a front foot approach will lighten the load on our 'dodgy' defence?
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 12:47 - May 9 with 1941 viewskingo

I have watched a recent Open Goal interview by Si Ferry with MW and I am feeling very optimistic about the future. He certainly knows his football both the financial side and the coaching and tactics. I was very impressed with his knowledge of players, including some of ours both past and present, and what makes them perform. he knows his young players and those at lower league clubs, and also how the overseas market works.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 12:55 - May 9 with 1928 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 07:37 - May 9 by CiderwithRsie

"Let's hope...... the appearance of a disparaging nickname is a long time down the line."

It's not something we have to "hope" for, it's completely in our own hands.

TBF I think a lot of us have grown up a bit and got real over the usefulness of slagging off the manager in the last few years; McClaren went when his position was untenable and looked like he really might take us down, but he got quite an easy ride from supporters, considering.

Even now I think people are more disappointed than angry or contemptuous. The DoF and owners seem to be the blokes people go after.

although we wouldn't have actually gone down if we had kept SMc on and not got another point - which would have been unlikely in any case.
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 12:57 - May 9 with 1921 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 09:21 - May 9 by robith

The best of the list, even if that is damning with faint praise.

On the one hand, he seems to have the things we need/want

- Attacking football
- Transfer canny which will only help our existing recruitment team
- Doesn't see the solution in signing more players (in fact often the opposite)
- Loves to play younger players
- Fosters a play hard, play for your muckers mentality

However his failings have powder keg potential at QPR

- Falls out with people - we've a lot of people to fall out with
- The inflexibility point - I think he actually has a bit of a point with Plan B is do Plan A better but fans rarely see the solution as players raising their game but in "FFS Manager, CHANGE IT UP"
- Our ultimate objective needs to be first and foremost staying up and his weakness in defensive coaching concerns me. How we started last season and ended up made me feel we need of a bit of a back to basics tune up at the back, grind some draws and build from there approach

Overall though, I feel it's a positive appointment of a man who should suit us and what we're trying/need to do. Doubt it will be easy but I'm mildly excited.

Just 3 months until I need to start the relegation tracker again

Agree about the Plan A/B point 100%

How about starting a promotion tracker - just a thought?
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 13:00 - May 9 with 1911 viewscolinallcars

He'll be fine....likes working with younger players and on a low budget. Has the connections to bring in a couple of old heads to blend in with the youngsters. According to this morning's Times he “ will be tasked with transforming QPR into playoff contenders next season” Blimey O'Riley !
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 13:57 - May 9 with 1803 viewsNorthernr

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 11:15 - May 9 by stevec

Not too worried about his apparent weakness coaching defending, we've been conceding 65-70 goals a season on a regular basis so it can't get a lot worse.

4 years of a back foot approach, maybe a front foot approach will lighten the load on our 'dodgy' defence?

70 goals two seasons in a row. Incredible really.
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 14:13 - May 9 with 1763 viewsSimonJames

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 09:24 - May 9 by CroydonCaptJack

Nothing wrong with that.

It is a major plus versus 'hair island'

That was my point...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 21:03 - May 9 with 1327 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 13:57 - May 9 by Northernr

70 goals two seasons in a row. Incredible really.

Get a decent replacement for Lynch and this would be less of an issue.
Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 02:40 - May 10 with 1118 viewsisawqpratwcity

Warburton the latest to try and halt QPR's sad decline - Column on 21:03 - May 9 by Beckenhamhoop

Get a decent replacement for Lynch and this would be less of an issue.

Bidwell, Cousins, Wszolek and Lynch all expire this summer. That offers a fair chance to re-jig the defence/midfield.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024