Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews 17:08 - May 8 with 6124 viewsNorthernr

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest view — Interviews 8th May 2019 17:08
As Mark Warburton is confirmed as the new Queens Park Rangers manager, we spoke to fans of his three former clubs to find out what we can expect from our new gaffer. 8

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 17:21 - May 8 with 4129 viewsHunterhoop

Judging by all of that...

1) Bloody hope we keep the DoF model and insist he obeys it (and that it was part of the deal up front) given what the Rangers fan says
2) Our young players may prosper, which is excellent news
3) Pretty, attacking football will go down well
4) Matt Smith may not
5) We will probably still concede a lot of goals.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 17:22 - May 8 with 4126 viewssimmo

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 17:21 - May 8 by Hunterhoop

1) Bloody hope we keep the DoF model and insist he obeys it (and that it was part of the deal up front) given what the Rangers fan says
4) Matt Smith may not

6) Best not to tune into his post-match interviews, especially if we've lost.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 17:29 - May 8 with 4089 viewsHunterhoop

4) Matt Smith may not
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 17:37 - May 8 with 4028 viewsPinnerPaul

One of the comments on there was at complete odds with his interview on the offy.

Fan said he was obsessed with passing the ball at the back but PW said 'Possession means nothing, its all about creating chances'

Interesting...…..
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 17:42 - May 8 with 4001 viewssimmo

It sounds like he's going to fckin love Eze, seems exactly his kind of player.

Also, would Bidwell have been his captain?
[Post edited 8 May 2019 17:42]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 18:01 - May 8 with 3916 viewsBrianMcCarthy

433, ball on the deck, squad unity and possession football - lovely.

Can't defend - not so good.

Interesting how nearly all the interviews concur.

Here's hoping he's improved his weak points and kept his strong points.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 18:12 - May 8 with 3846 viewsHarbour

Very mixed reviews the no plan b and worrying defensive record not great ...attractive football and good signings more positive ...time will tell I wish well
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 18:38 - May 8 with 3715 viewsrsonist

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 17:37 - May 8 by PinnerPaul

One of the comments on there was at complete odds with his interview on the offy.

Fan said he was obsessed with passing the ball at the back but PW said 'Possession means nothing, its all about creating chances'

Interesting...…..

I've long suspected the social media team brief interviewees on the hot topics beforehand.
Login to get fewer ads

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 18:39 - May 8 with 3708 viewsNorthernr

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 18:38 - May 8 by rsonist

I've long suspected the social media team brief interviewees on the hot topics beforehand.

Yeh it's pretty blatant innit
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 18:39 - May 8 with 3704 viewsswitchingcode

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 18:12 - May 8 by Harbour

Very mixed reviews the no plan b and worrying defensive record not great ...attractive football and good signings more positive ...time will tell I wish well

Last chance for Warburton after his last 2 jobs and this time without David Weir and dodgy Frank by his side.Will want to run the show so can’t see him being a team player with Les and Ramsey.His NextGen list of young players will now be in their 30s if still playing.He talks a good game and loves a cliche but then don’t they all
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:01 - May 8 with 3616 viewsrsonist

Ultimately what those interviews tell me is that if he's at all capable of coaching his philosophy then everything's set up for him here.

Sure he'd like a bit more money to play with but in terms of the intentions, expectations and people he'll be working in tandem with it's a perfect match. Immediate pressure to succeed at Rangers and Forest? - not here. Bleeding edge new school Euro technocrats? - Les, Ramsey, Penrice are positive and youth orientated football people that won't go that far either. They know the same manors and networks Warburton does. if Penrice recommends a player he won't turn his nose up at it. They all know exactly who Mel Johnson is and every other 80/90s London football Nowhere Man types.

We have suffered with Plan A stubborness and Tombola Chaos alike in recent years so I'm not worried about that. Naive unrealistic idealism? Maybe, but I don't want to see another manager dropping Eze when we lose either that's for sure.

Was wondering when the "odd crowd"/daughter agent/dodgy dealings thing would come up. Well... Warnock and Venables liked a few quid just as much as Redknapp let's face it.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:05 - May 8 with 3597 viewsrsonist

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 18:39 - May 8 by Northernr

Yeh it's pretty blatant innit

This might be their subtlest in ages in fairness. I thought they'd cut the tape when he mentioned loans and "two or three senior players, mentors".
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:06 - May 8 with 3585 viewslondonscottish

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 18:12 - May 8 by Harbour

God. A bit worrying,,,,,

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:11 - May 8 with 3565 viewsDavieQPR

A lot could depend on what input Eustace is allowed to put in next season. Look on the bright side. It's not Sherwood.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:15 - May 8 with 3552 viewsrsonist

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:06 - May 8 by londonscottish

God. A bit worrying,,,,,

I was on the fence yesterday and I'm alright with it now. Given the players and staff we already have on the books, given the other candidates, Warburton simply ticks too many boxes not to give it a shot.

Might all still end in tears but today I am satisfied in the logic behind the decision taken. And unlike some on here I will remember that.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:20 - May 8 with 3525 viewsPunteR

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:15 - May 8 by rsonist

I was on the fence yesterday and I'm alright with it now. Given the players and staff we already have on the books, given the other candidates, Warburton simply ticks too many boxes not to give it a shot.

Might all still end in tears but today I am satisfied in the logic behind the decision taken. And unlike some on here I will remember that.

No doubt you will remind others on here. ;)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:23 - May 8 with 3507 viewsMatch82

Not one but two of those interviews saying might be a good hire "if given time"
Oh well.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:29 - May 8 with 3483 viewsHarbour

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:11 - May 8 by DavieQPR

A lot could depend on what input Eustace is allowed to put in next season. Look on the bright side. It's not Sherwood.

Yes forgot the major positive it’s not Tim Sherwood
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 20:14 - May 8 with 3273 viewsRangersw12

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 18:39 - May 8 by switchingcode

Last chance for Warburton after his last 2 jobs and this time without David Weir and dodgy Frank by his side.Will want to run the show so can’t see him being a team player with Les and Ramsey.His NextGen list of young players will now be in their 30s if still playing.He talks a good game and loves a cliche but then don’t they all

Wow, I'm shocked that the bitter Bee doesn't like QPR's new manger
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 20:25 - May 8 with 3217 views2Thomas2Bowles

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 20:14 - May 8 by Rangersw12

Wow, I'm shocked that the bitter Bee doesn't like QPR's new manger

What has switchingcode got to be bitter about?

Always comes across as ok to me.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 20:37 - May 8 with 3183 viewsrsonist

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 18:39 - May 8 by switchingcode

You're not wrong but unless he takes an extreme and unreasonable turn I don't really see why he would end up being at odds with Les and Ramsey, not sure he could've picked another club more on the same page.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 21:10 - May 8 with 3057 viewsWilloW4

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:29 - May 8 by Harbour

Yes forgot the major positive it’s not Tim Sherwood

Exactly... Good luck to Warburton.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 21:47 - May 8 with 2953 viewsHunterhoop

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 19:15 - May 8 by rsonist

Agree. That’s where i’m at. Probably the best option available.
The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 22:21 - May 8 with 2862 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's a good summation of my thoughts as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 23:12 - May 8 with 2728 viewsNortholt_Rs

The Brentford, Rangers and Forest views — Interviews on 22:21 - May 8 by BrianMcCarthy

That's a good summation of my thoughts as well.

Yeah me too. Welcome aboard Mark. Let’s give the man our full support and see if he can get us to kick on albeit in trying circumstances.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024