Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Released 08:33 - May 10 with 40531 viewsGloucs_R

When do they usually announce the list of names?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players Released on 10:59 - May 10 with 10176 viewsRblockPrior

I was thinking the same myself, last year we got the news individually most in May however Robinson leaving was not announced until late June

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Players Released on 11:12 - May 10 with 10124 viewsNed_Kennedys

Probably delayed due to the new manager appointment as I'm sure he will want to assess the squad in detail and have some input in the decisions.
Players Released on 11:33 - May 10 with 10058 viewsDorse

I don't think Lynch should be released. He hasn't paid off his debt to society yet.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players Released on 11:37 - May 10 with 10037 viewssimmo

Clubs usually announce them around now, many already have. There's obviously a delay here as I'm sure the club want Warburton to have his say (they said it was part of the process to discuss who they would want to retain, etc). There are options to extend for most players out of contract I think so if Warburton has decided he's keeping a few, I guess we have to work out the impact that has on our budget and scouting, etc.

I have a feeling he will want to keep Bidwell given their background, not so sure on the others though. I'm very curious to know tbh...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Players Released on 12:35 - May 10 with 9884 viewsNorthernr

Players Released on 11:33 - May 10 by Dorse

I don't think Lynch should be released. He hasn't paid off his debt to society yet.

Yeh well I've paid mine so I don't need to watch him any more.
Players Released on 13:02 - May 10 with 9792 viewsGloucs_R

Players Released on 11:37 - May 10 by simmo

Clubs usually announce them around now, many already have. There's obviously a delay here as I'm sure the club want Warburton to have his say (they said it was part of the process to discuss who they would want to retain, etc). There are options to extend for most players out of contract I think so if Warburton has decided he's keeping a few, I guess we have to work out the impact that has on our budget and scouting, etc.

I have a feeling he will want to keep Bidwell given their background, not so sure on the others though. I'm very curious to know tbh...

I heard Bidwell is on close to £18k a week. So unless he takes a massive drop in salary, he wont be signing again. The average Champ players earns around £8k

BFG said to be on near £20k too

Players Released on 13:10 - May 10 with 9759 viewssimmo

Players Released on 13:02 - May 10 by Gloucs_R

I heard Bidwell is on close to £18k a week. So unless he takes a massive drop in salary, he wont be signing again. The average Champ players earns around £8k

I don't believe any of these are close to accurate, but he will definitely be one of the biggest earners for sure. Warburton had him before though and captain too I think. We also need experience/leadership to balance the youth and by all accounts Bidwell is one of the talkers and senior people in the dressing room.

Those things shouldn't mean he gets a deal no matter what, but if the money is right I think MW would want to retain him

Players Released on 13:33 - May 10 with 9663 viewsEsox_Lucius

If it were possible, I would rather keep Wzsolek as he provides a better utility player option than Bidwell and can fill in where needed in a much reduced squad.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Players Released on 13:39 - May 10 with 9636 viewsrsonist

Yeah I'm sure MW does want Bidwell to stay but may well be a tight financial margin there. Even if you did think Manning was the future at LB you would still be wary of going into the season with just him and Hamalainen, so any additional cover would diminish the cost saving of releasing him.

Think it's entirely possible Pav goes given his also likely senior wages, how MW likes to play, his patchy form and seeming disaffection sometimes. Regrettable but understandable. I would back us to find another half decent winger type somewhere though - never know, could even maybe give Wheeler a moment's thought after spending half a mil without any plan or place for him.
Players Released on 13:55 - May 10 with 9568 viewsNorthernr

Players Released on 13:33 - May 10 by Esox_Lucius

If it were possible, I would rather keep Wzsolek as he provides a better utility player option than Bidwell and can fill in where needed in a much reduced squad.

But you've got Smyth, BOS, Eze, Wheeler, Chair all contracted who can in theory play Wszolek's position. Bidwell has no cover at all really, I'm not sold on Hamalainen and though I think Manning has a lot of potential there and played well at the end of last season it would be a bit mental to go into a season with him as your one and only left back.
Players Released on 13:58 - May 10 with 9542 viewsrunningman75

Players Released on 13:55 - May 10 by Northernr

But you've got Smyth, BOS, Eze, Wheeler, Chair all contracted who can in theory play Wszolek's position. Bidwell has no cover at all really, I'm not sold on Hamalainen and though I think Manning has a lot of potential there and played well at the end of last season it would be a bit mental to go into a season with him as your one and only left back.

I know we are in a dire financial situation but Warburton must be able to bring in free transfers or players on reduced wages. I assume his appointment is based on the fact he managed Brentford on a tight budget.
Players Released on 14:26 - May 10 with 9450 viewsGloucs_R

Hamalainen hasnt even made the bench for the last couple of games for LA.

He's at an age where he should have made 50 + appearances for someone by now. Not sure why we have never sent him out on loan.

I'm really hoping for an influx of Germans or dutch players, for next to nothing. It did wonders for Norwich.

Players Released on 14:32 - May 10 with 9434 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I would like to know where people get these contract wages from. Not having a go, just literally curious, because I refuse to believe BFG, from the German 2nd division, when we were on a massive wage cut, is on £18k a week

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Players Released on 14:36 - May 10 with 9419 viewsNorthernr

Players Released on 13:58 - May 10 by runningman75

I know we are in a dire financial situation but Warburton must be able to bring in free transfers or players on reduced wages. I assume his appointment is based on the fact he managed Brentford on a tight budget.

Well if you shift most of those that are out of contract and get good money for Freeman that will free up some budget.
Players Released on 14:40 - May 10 with 9398 viewssmegma

Players Released on 11:12 - May 10 by Ned_Kennedys

Probably delayed due to the new manager appointment as I'm sure he will want to assess the squad in detail and have some input in the decisions.

How is he going to assess players?
Players Released on 14:49 - May 10 with 9359 viewsGloucs_R

Players Released on 14:32 - May 10 by RANGERS4EVER

I would like to know where people get these contract wages from. Not having a go, just literally curious, because I refuse to believe BFG, from the German 2nd division, when we were on a massive wage cut, is on £18k a week

A leak from inside the club I was told.

But when you think about it, he is on less than Onouha was and was his direct replacement.

Players Released on 15:11 - May 10 with 9281 viewsOldPedro

Players Released on 14:49 - May 10 by Gloucs_R

But when you think about it, he is on less than Onouha was and was his direct replacement.

And he was a free transfer so maybe his wages are higher than they would have been as we didn't have to pay a fee for him.

So total cost over the term of his contract might still be lower than if we had paid a few hundred thousand in transfer fees

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Players Released on 15:18 - May 10 with 9252 viewsWadR

Dave Mc on twitter said Bidwell and Leistner are on a shade over £15k
Players Released on 15:20 - May 10 with 9246 viewsklonk

Players Released on 14:49 - May 10 by Gloucs_R

could be... do remember nedum making a claim about the club trying to bring in a replacement for him at roughly his old wages, when he was complaining about the deal that he was offered by us to stay...

"I'd only missed about 10 weeks of football in three years so I felt it wasn't right, especially as I knew they were trying to recruit other players for similar or more money," Onuoha said.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45481218
Players Released on 16:17 - May 10 with 9129 viewsoldmisery

Agreed but didn't we just go (well, last August) into a season with Bidwell as our one and only left back?
Players Released on 16:28 - May 10 with 9081 viewsswitchingcode

Players Released on 13:02 - May 10 by Gloucs_R

Was on 6k at Brentford was told he was on 14k with you.
Players Released on 16:45 - May 10 with 9012 viewsjonno

Players Released on 16:28 - May 10 by switchingcode

Was on 6k at Brentford was told he was on 14k with you.

And there we see one of our problems.....
Players Released on 17:01 - May 10 with 8973 viewssimmo

So that's 3 different wages for Bidwell in this thread alone, which basically means nobody knows and it's probably less than everyone thinks.

Players Released on 17:31 - May 10 with 8888 viewsrsonist

Players Released on 14:26 - May 10 by Gloucs_R

Hamalainen hasnt even made the bench for the last couple of games for LA.

He's at an age where he should have made 50 + appearances for someone by now. Not sure why we have never sent him out on loan.

I'm really hoping for an influx of Germans or dutch players, for next to nothing. It did wonders for Norwich.

Norwich got plenty of value abroad but it wasn't next to nothing. Pukki was on a free (wages unknown) but the rest all cost £1m-£4m each. Of course they sold for plenty more before that anyway.

We had our big shot at that market during the pre-Penrice era (Chery, Sylla, Pav, Ngbakoto, Borysiuk, Polter) and I don't know if the club will be similarly inclined with what little money they have to spend now - although Penrice has plenty of European scouting experience and MW certainly enjoyed coaching the Spanish lads at Brentford.
Players Released on 18:08 - May 10 with 8779 viewsQPROslo

Ideally I'd like to see someone with a lot more pace than either Manning or Bidwell have at LB.. Of the players out of contract the one to keep for me is Pawel because he'll run all day for you, and, as said, do a good job in so many positions, even at LB one day when Ollie was being especially inventive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024