Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser 16:25 - May 13 with 2669 viewsDannyPaddox

Brian Bedford is the only QPR player to do this since World War Two. He did it twice in the same game at Griffin Park in the 1960s. Someone might get a chance to do it next season. But it will be impossible to do the season after. What did he do?

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 16:31 - May 13 with 1985 viewsKonk

Did he do human turds on the Griffin Park pitch and no-one else can do it cos they’re moving to Lionel Blair Road?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 16:38 - May 13 with 1968 viewsDannyPaddox

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 16:31 - May 13 by Konk

Did he do human turds on the Griffin Park pitch and no-one else can do it cos they’re moving to Lionel Blair Road?

No that was Peter Springett. Plus Don Shanks did it in a friendly.

[Post edited 13 May 2019 16:42]
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 16:40 - May 13 with 1959 viewsA40Bosh

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 16:31 - May 13 by Konk

I had to stop The Head and Martin K from doing just that after a party at GP many moons ago.
We settled for a quick pee instead just in case the lights suddenly came on 😊
[Post edited 13 May 2019 16:41]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 16:45 - May 13 with 1945 viewsDannyPaddox

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 16:40 - May 13 by A40Bosh

I had to stop The Head and Martin K from doing just that after a party at GP many moons ago.
We settled for a quick pee instead just in case the lights suddenly came on 😊
[Post edited 13 May 2019 16:41]

Wasn't expecting this to turn into a Who's Either Wazzed Or Pinched A Loaf On The Pitch At Griffin Park thread so soon.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 17:00]
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 17:22 - May 13 with 1867 viewsfrancisbowles

Scored for both teams at Griffin Park
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 17:29 - May 13 with 1835 viewsoldmisery

I seem to recall that he scored two goals in successive away games, either side of their relegation to and subsequent promotion from Division Four.
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 17:30 - May 13 with 1835 viewsDannyPaddox

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 17:22 - May 13 by francisbowles

Scored for both teams at Griffin Park

Nope not to do with own goals.
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 17:51 - May 13 with 1805 viewscyprusmel

I don't know the answer to the question but if our Smith could head a ball like Brian Bedford we would be up the top of the table.
Very few players were as good in the air as Bedford.
Login to get fewer ads

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 17:59 - May 13 with 1790 viewsoldmisery

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 17:51 - May 13 by cyprusmel

I don't know the answer to the question but if our Smith could head a ball like Brian Bedford we would be up the top of the table.

He wasn't too shabby on the ground either!
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 18:07 - May 13 with 1778 viewsDannyPaddox

I never saw the boyo play but his goal scoring stats are incredible and over a good five/ six year period. I guess he was just a tad over the hill for the great 66/67 side and by then Allen and Marsh had come on board.

Hand of Bed
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 18:07 - May 13 with 1776 viewsbob566

something to do with rule changes incoming I reckon. I haven't read up on what they are though.
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 18:31 - May 13 with 1742 viewsDannyPaddox

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 18:07 - May 13 by bob566

something to do with rule changes incoming I reckon. I haven't read up on what they are though.

Good effort as substitutes first came in the next year but no this isn't about rule changes.
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:00 - May 13 with 1687 viewsA40Bosh

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 18:31 - May 13 by DannyPaddox

Good effort as substitutes first came in the next year but no this isn't about rule changes.

So is it to do with them leaving Griffin Park?
Hence whatever happened there cannot occur again?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:06 - May 13 with 1670 viewsCheshireR

He scored 2 goals on Feb 29th in the leap year 1964.
Great question
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:06 - May 13 with 1670 viewsqprxtc

Did he have a pint in each corner pub after each goal he scored?
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:14 - May 13 with 1648 viewsSnipper

Either score two penalties, or miss two.
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:14 - May 13 with 1647 viewsA40Bosh

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:06 - May 13 by CheshireR

Great question

Would never have got that in a million years

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:20 - May 13 with 1628 viewssmegma

Great question

Brilliant question indeed.

I went to my football match on Leap Year Day 1972 and next year will be the 12th anniversary.
Fulham beat Benfica 3-2 and some bloke called Eusebio scored a 25 yard free kick. A year later I got to see Edson Narantes di Nascimento play at the Cottage in his only ever game in London.
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:35 - May 13 with 1596 viewsDannyPaddox

Great question

Well done CheshireR. I was going to confound those led down the Griffin Park path by saying the only other time an Rs player did this was Tommy Cheetham at Dean Court in the 1930s.

Pretty sure since we joined the league in 1920 Bedford and Cheetham are the only Rs players to score on a leap day. Next year the 29th February is on a Saturday. So unless Sky gets there first, immortality awaits.
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:38 - May 13 with 1582 viewsAddinall

Bert Addinall was!
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:45 - May 13 with 1570 viewsDannyPaddox

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:06 - May 13 by qprxtc

Did he have a pint in each corner pub after each goal he scored?

I'd say there's a fair chance. Mind you, from South Wales. Maybe a member of the Temperance Movement. Btw: our Brian was from the same village in the Rhondda Valley as the great Stanley Baker.
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 20:05 - May 13 with 1534 viewsKonk

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:20 - May 13 by smegma

Brilliant question indeed.

I went to my football match on Leap Year Day 1972 and next year will be the 12th anniversary.
Fulham beat Benfica 3-2 and some bloke called Eusebio scored a 25 yard free kick. A year later I got to see Edson Narantes di Nascimento play at the Cottage in his only ever game in London.

My Dad’s mate did some wallpapering for Pele when he played for NY Cosmos - told him that playing at the Cottage was the highlight of his career. Couldn’t believe he was playing at the ground where ‘o rei do fulham’ George Cohen had strutted his stuff. Apparently after the 1966 WC final, he used to play Right-back in training and made everyone call him Rei Jorge at Santos. True story.

A40 - I reckon you made the right decision there. Get caught pis sing by the old Bill and you can pass it off as a consensual group wan k in the darkened private grounds of Brentford FC. It would be a simple case of, “Okay lads, but next time maybe do this at home, yeah?”. They’d be less likely to wave your on your way if you were doing turds.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 20:23 - May 13 with 1492 viewsqprxtc

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 19:45 - May 13 by DannyPaddox

I'd say there's a fair chance. Mind you, from South Wales. Maybe a member of the Temperance Movement. Btw: our Brian was from the same village in the Rhondda Valley as the great Stanley Baker.

He was also a tennis coach at Barn Elms for a number of years. He taught me for a bit after I told him I supported Rangers.
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 20:27 - May 13 with 1479 viewsDannyPaddox

Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 20:23 - May 13 by qprxtc

He was also a tennis coach at Barn Elms for a number of years. He taught me for a bit after I told him I supported Rangers.

You can't be serious.
Brian Bedford Brain Teaser on 21:47 - May 13 with 1387 viewsBoston

Dave Bedford was / is a QPR fan as it happens, he taught me how to dive....into a swimming pool.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024