Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You are Forced to Emigrate..... 12:39 - May 14 with 8381 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Question:

You are forced to emigrate for one year. No choice. You've got to go.

But part of the sweetener is that you get a free season ticket for another team.

What City would you move to, and what team would you go and see?

1) Football
2) Non-Football

I've thought about this and my answers are:

1) Amsterdam, and Ajax. Museums, architecture, laid-back people, great football and watching Ajax Academy train. And spliff.

2) Boston, and the Red Sox. Imagine watching all that twisted angst up close. It would be hysterically funny. Plus I love the Sox.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 14:45 - May 14 with 1761 viewsMrSheen

1) Never been to Istanbul, but I imagine there’d be mountains of stuff to keep me interested between games.
2) Sydney. Beautiful place, great people - League, Cricket and even AFL.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 15:00 - May 14 with 1733 viewsDorse

Toronto.

Football - they have a team apparently and DIchio played for them.
Hockey - the Leafs.

Frankly, I'd be tempted to sack off the football and swap it for the Blue Jays.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 15:10 - May 14 with 1717 viewskensalriser

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 14:26 - May 14 by Boston

Crystal Palace, it’s south of the river but I hear that English is widely understood and the people are friendly.

Probably right on the first two points, the third, not so sure.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 15:20 - May 14 with 1694 viewsloftboy

Rhodes and fûck the football

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 15:25 - May 14 with 1675 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Cape Town.

I'll pass on the football though.

Windhoek, Klippies and coke and proper braais.

Test matches..

Been twice I love it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 15:25 - May 14 with 1673 viewsMick_S

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 15:20 - May 14 by loftboy

Rhodes and fûck the football

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 15:30 - May 14 with 1650 viewsqprxtc

Co.Kerry, Ireland.

The Lixnaw Hurling Irreugulars.

It has all I need. Four pubs (one incorporating a butchers), a convenience shop, garage and a chip shop.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 15:30 - May 14 with 1650 viewstoboboly

Baltimore - The Ravens. Also I could wander round the city pretending to be Bunk from the Wire.

New York for the Amazin' Mets.

If I had to double up it would be Oakland for the A's and Raiders.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 17:36 - May 14 with 1529 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

1. Augsburg - FC Augsburg. Bavaria, W@nk mountain (yes really!), The Alps, Smoked beer, black forest, danube, etc, etc.

2. Agreeing with qprxtc. Somewhere in Ireland probably Cork or Kerry.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 17:49 - May 14 with 1516 viewsA40Bosh

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 17:36 - May 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

1. Augsburg - FC Augsburg. Bavaria, W@nk mountain (yes really!), The Alps, Smoked beer, black forest, danube, etc, etc.

2. Agreeing with qprxtc. Somewhere in Ireland probably Cork or Kerry.

That was going to be my first answer.
But that would mean having to decide what red religion I would have to be if i lived in Cork.
"Do ye support the Pool or the Red Divils Laaaad?"
"Neither, I support Queens Park Rangers"
"Whaaa?, Who are they.... like?"
"They play in blue and white hoops in the Championship"
"I taught that was Reading.......... like?"
"No"!
"But seriously lad, are ye Liverpool or Manchester Uniteeeeed?"

So I decided on anywhere in New Zealand and would follow which ever football team is nearest and which ever Rugby club is nearest. I wouldn't be that bothered

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 18:13 - May 14 with 1476 viewsSonofNorfolt

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 14:36 - May 14 by Juzzie

I'd probably end up in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, where my partner comes from. Nice food, hot in summer (40oC+), freezing in winter (-30oC), low level corruption everywhere, not much to do.

FC Dordoi of Bishkek are general winners of League & cup most seasons in an 8 team League.

Binoculars a must.

This ground isn't as big as it looks, and Bishkek isn't the worse place I've ever been to.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 18:37 - May 14 with 1450 viewsDevonWhite

I'd kill for a year in Buenos Aires (Boca) or Rio (Fluminense). Both times I've been to either it's been out of season so not been able to catch a game.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 18:55 - May 14 with 1425 viewsonlyrinmoray

Great Thread .. Its a tough one for me Ive already emigrated to Scotland !! Moray is the home of whisky.. GOOD nice beaches weather surprisingly mild .. on the Moray Firth... GOOD as for football and pubs ….BAD

My second team is Parma so I would live on Lake Garda not too far to travel wonderful place

2nd choice Oslo been there a few times when my son lived there, Norway generally is a fantastic country and the women WOW
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 19:17 - May 14 with 1392 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 18:55 - May 14 by onlyrinmoray

Great Thread .. Its a tough one for me Ive already emigrated to Scotland !! Moray is the home of whisky.. GOOD nice beaches weather surprisingly mild .. on the Moray Firth... GOOD as for football and pubs ….BAD

My second team is Parma so I would live on Lake Garda not too far to travel wonderful place

2nd choice Oslo been there a few times when my son lived there, Norway generally is a fantastic country and the women WOW

WOW maybe but I bet they don't wear lederhosen!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 19:24 - May 14 with 1377 viewsPommyhoop

Just one year you say?
The UK for me and the team is QPR.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 19:33 - May 14 with 1358 viewsdanehoop

1. Copenhagen, great city, great people, great beer, quite a few teams from FC Copenhagen or Brondby (feel like Danish Man Utd, Man City equivalents) to what was my local club for a while, Lyngby (their stadium was at the bottom of the garden).

2. Ljubljana, beautiful city, nice people, great location, lovely climate, football as well. But lovely wine, beer and food
[Post edited 14 May 2019 19:34]

Never knowingly understood

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 20:06 - May 14 with 1318 viewsRamseyR

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 12:55 - May 14 by SonofNorfolt

1. Berlin

Union, possibly in the Bundesliga next season, and Berlin, second only to London in European capital cities.

2.San Sebastian.

Real Sociedad, nearly finished stadium work done, and a brilliant place to live.

Buenos Aires is not a bad answer though.

San Sebastian - Great choice!
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 21:33 - May 14 with 1254 viewsjoolsyp

Good to see some love for Vancouver. We have the Whitecaps (MLS) Pacific FC of the newly formed Canadian Premier League (although they play on the Island) and of course the Canucks. I live close to the Nat Bailey stadium where the Vancouver Canadians play minor league baseball. Plus spliff for Brian and some pretty hard-core politics for FDC.

And (at least) two forum members live here ...
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 22:03 - May 14 with 1218 viewsonlyrinmoray

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 21:33 - May 14 by joolsyp

Good to see some love for Vancouver. We have the Whitecaps (MLS) Pacific FC of the newly formed Canadian Premier League (although they play on the Island) and of course the Canucks. I live close to the Nat Bailey stadium where the Vancouver Canadians play minor league baseball. Plus spliff for Brian and some pretty hard-core politics for FDC.

And (at least) two forum members live here ...

Coming over in September bear watching 600 mls north of Vancouver during the salmon run and booked a whale watching trip as well from Vancouver. Holiday of a lifetime. Was over there about 10years ago when my son was travelling, He was in N Vancouver Whats the name of the chain of restaurants where the waitresses wear black dresses I was very impressed
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 22:25 - May 14 with 1183 viewsBoston

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 22:03 - May 14 by onlyrinmoray

Coming over in September bear watching 600 mls north of Vancouver during the salmon run and booked a whale watching trip as well from Vancouver. Holiday of a lifetime. Was over there about 10years ago when my son was travelling, He was in N Vancouver Whats the name of the chain of restaurants where the waitresses wear black dresses I was very impressed

When you return, asked to be served by Mistress Samantha, she has a different take on cocktails.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 22:25 - May 14 with 1182 viewsHunterhoop

Non Football?

Easy. New York and the New York JETS! I think one year is about right for living in New York,

Football?

I love Florence, but care nowt for Fiorentina.
I’ve heard great things about San Sebastien but again, care nowt for Real Sociedad.
Sampdoria were my C4 Italian side as a kid, but Genoa isn’t the most beautiful place in Italy.
I like OM too, but Marseille is tough, dirty, and I can’t see how it’d be nice live in for a year.
Berlin in a cool place to live, and i’d have to support Hertha, but isn’t their stadium way too big for them?

Tough.

I think i’d need to care about a sports team wherever I lived to enjoy a life there.

As such Sampdoria, but perhaps the outskirts of Genoa on the coast somewhere. Italy is ace anyway.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 22:46 - May 14 with 1154 viewsVancouverHoop

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 22:03 - May 14 by onlyrinmoray

Brown's Social House perhaps?
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 23:18 - May 14 with 1124 viewsngbqpr

1. Somewhere in South America cos the fans are nuts. Toss up between Colombia and Argentina I think.

2. Iceland.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 23:47 - May 14 with 1101 viewssmegma

Iceland, town of Hveragerdi on the south coast. A place where they grow pineapples. I fell n love with the place two years ago. I would pitch up ( pun intended) at FK Grundavik for a season, just along the coast,one of the most picturesque grounds out there.

Barring that, KR in Reykjavik. A beautiful city.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 00:02 - May 15 with 1093 viewsnadera78

Toronto - Maple Leafs

Sydney - Souths
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024