Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If this guy is worth £13 million 20:51 - May 18 with 4851 viewsloftboy

Then what is Freeman worth?

http://www.skysports.com/share/11722887

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

If this guy is worth £13 million on 20:58 - May 18 with 3809 viewssmegma

If we got 50% of that price I reckon 90% of us would be happy.
If this guy is worth £13 million on 21:07 - May 18 with 3764 viewsdanehoop

Whatever we get offered.

Buyers rather than a sellers market for us I'm afraid.

Never knowingly understood

If this guy is worth £13 million on 21:14 - May 18 with 3740 viewsNed_Kennedys

If this guy is worth £13 million on 21:07 - May 18 by danehoop

Whatever we get offered.

We turned down £4.5m last summer so it won't be lower than that. Why on earth would we accept whatever we get offered?
If this guy is worth £13 million on 21:42 - May 18 with 3631 viewsWatford_Ranger

If this guy is worth £13 million on 21:14 - May 18 by Ned_Kennedys

We turned down £4.5m last summer so it won't be lower than that. Why on earth would we accept whatever we get offered?

Because we’re skint?
If this guy is worth £13 million on 21:44 - May 18 with 3617 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I don't know. How much is Freeman worth?

Clearly good young English left-backs are at a premium. I doubt the much maligned Bidwell will be struggling for a contract next season.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 21:46]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

If this guy is worth £13 million on 22:13 - May 18 with 3491 viewsbosh67

We'll perhaps get 6-7 million for him. He's 27. He's a bargain for anyone pushing for promotion next season at that price. I suspect Leeds may well look at him as their missing link. Obviously we would keep him if we could but I think he wants to have a crack at a potential Prem push at this stage of his career. We paid about £200K for him so £6-7 million after 2.5 years is a pretty decent return if we get it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

If this guy is worth £13 million on 22:20 - May 18 with 3466 viewsNed_Kennedys

If this guy is worth £13 million on 21:42 - May 18 by Watford_Ranger

Because we’re skint?

Then accepting a low offer for him makes no sense if we need the money.
If this guy is worth £13 million on 22:24 - May 18 with 3452 viewsWatford_Ranger

If this guy is worth £13 million on 22:20 - May 18 by Ned_Kennedys

Then accepting a low offer for him makes no sense if we need the money.

We wouldn’t just be doing it for bants.

I can’t remember the exact numbers but it’s been posted on here before how much income is declining each year post-Premier League. If there are a few teams in for Freeman it will help but ultimately if he wants to go we aren’t in a position to turn down £5m+.
Login to get fewer ads

If this guy is worth £13 million on 22:30 - May 18 with 3440 viewsNed_Kennedys

If this guy is worth £13 million on 22:24 - May 18 by Watford_Ranger

We wouldn’t just be doing it for bants.

I can’t remember the exact numbers but it’s been posted on here before how much income is declining each year post-Premier League. If there are a few teams in for Freeman it will help but ultimately if he wants to go we aren’t in a position to turn down £5m+.

So we agree then: I said we wouldn't let him go for lower than the £4.5m we rejected last summer.
If this guy is worth £13 million on 22:41 - May 18 with 3376 viewsQPR_John

If this guy is worth £13 million on 21:07 - May 18 by danehoop

Whatever we get offered.

Half a million, £1M or £1.5M perhaps what do you think
If this guy is worth £13 million on 00:39 - May 19 with 3165 viewsDejR_vu

I would imagine the only reason Freeman signed a new contract was because there would have been a reasonable release clause included. If so he’ll go for whatever that figure is. Even if there are a number of clubs interested the only bidding war will be on his wages.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

If this guy is worth £13 million on 03:03 - May 19 with 3041 viewstimcocking

Unfortunately, QPR can't command a price any higher than 4 or 5 million whoever the player in question. Is Les still the record with 6?

Christ, what a poor, short-sighted move that turned out to be. Save a few million, at the cost of losing top division status and about half a billion. Nice.
If this guy is worth £13 million on 07:21 - May 19 with 2923 viewsdolcelatte

If this guy is worth £13 million on 03:03 - May 19 by timcocking

Unfortunately, QPR can't command a price any higher than 4 or 5 million whoever the player in question. Is Les still the record with 6?

Christ, what a poor, short-sighted move that turned out to be. Save a few million, at the cost of losing top division status and about half a billion. Nice.

Remy 10.5 million, pretty sure we got most of our money back on Samba as well so he would be the highest sale.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

If this guy is worth £13 millioný on 08:16 - May 19 with 2809 viewsQPROslo

Whatever, we should be talking his price up, not down.
If this guy is worth £13 million on 08:39 - May 19 with 2748 viewsGroveR

If this guy is worth £13 million on 07:21 - May 19 by dolcelatte

Remy 10.5 million, pretty sure we got most of our money back on Samba as well so he would be the highest sale.

Think we actually lost £500k on Samba, Remy we bought for £8m so only made £2.5m profit (his wages).

Biggest outright profit we've made on a player was the sell-on fee from Rah-heeeeeeem Sterling's move from Liverpool to City.

Our record in the transfer market since selling Les paints a sorry picture of this club. Trevor Sinclair's transfer to West Ham could technically be classed as sodomy with the humiliation of having to take Rowlands as part of the deal.
[Post edited 19 May 2019 8:44]
If this guy is worth £13 million on 10:47 - May 19 with 2500 viewsdavman

With all respect, Lofty, have you seen the lad play?

...and Freeman will only be "worth" what someone wants to pay.

If there is only one bid as per Smithies, we'll do we'll to get more than £4m, if there are two really interested bidders, who knows?

Sorry!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

If this guy is worth £13 million on 11:27 - May 19 with 2414 viewsNed_Kennedys

If this guy is worth £13 million on 10:47 - May 19 by davman

With all respect, Lofty, have you seen the lad play?

...and Freeman will only be "worth" what someone wants to pay.

If there is only one bid as per Smithies, we'll do we'll to get more than £4m, if there are two really interested bidders, who knows?

Sorry!

And if the only bid is £2m for example?

We only have a few players worth much money so we HAVE to maximise our money for them: we cannot just give them away for the first offer we receive.
If this guy is worth £13 million on 12:03 - May 19 with 2343 viewsderbyhoop

Griezmann is leaving Atletico Madrid.
Kompany leaving Man City.

Wonder if they fancy a challenge in W12 and prepared to accept a weekly wage of about 5K?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

If this guy is worth £13 million on 12:05 - May 19 with 2337 viewsdanehoop

That is the issue though isn't it? People know we need to sell, it doesn't mean a fire sale, but does mean that any sensible offer will be listened to. I don't want to see him go and if offers are too low then the club is likely to believe that (provided a buy out clause isn't met and Freeman isn't pushing to leave) its better to retain him.

We do have to be honest though, pricing in any market is ultimately about finding the balance between what someone is willing to sell at and what someone is willing to pay. We naturally have an optimism bias as he is our player, we are familiar with him and have seen his value in a struggling team. Others will have a different opinion as they will be looking at what he might bring to their own team and how much of an improvement he might bring.

Dispassionately is he the best young midfield in the league who can be developed further and be sold on as a future asset - you'd have to say no. He is largely the finished article and unlikely to carry a premium value in his future transfer price. So he will need to be able to have immediate impact and be seen to add value to whatever side he joins, probably looking to take someone up into the Prem, rather than an established Prem team. That limits his likely suitors somewhat, given the increasing financial constraints that most teams are facing.

He will be bargain for any team at under 4 million, but anything beyond that will be a reasonable price in our current circumstances.

Never knowingly understood

If this guy is worth £13 million on 13:15 - May 19 with 2214 viewskensalriser

Doesn't it depend on how long is left of his contract?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

If this guy is worth £13 million on 13:16 - May 19 with 2214 viewsqpr1976

If this guy is worth £13 million on 21:44 - May 18 by CliveWilsonSaid

I don't know. How much is Freeman worth?

Clearly good young English left-backs are at a premium. I doubt the much maligned Bidwell will be struggling for a contract next season.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 21:46]

Agreed, but I also doubt he’ll find anyone willing to pay him £16k a week again.
If this guy is worth £13 million on 16:24 - May 19 with 2011 viewsRangersw12

Anything above 4 million would be a good deal for us due to his age and the fact he will want to leave

Eze is the one we really need to make big money from next summer a decent season and we might get over 10 million for him if not more
If this guy is worth £13 millioný on 17:31 - May 19 with 1925 viewsjohncharles

If this guy is worth £13 millioný on 08:16 - May 19 by QPROslo

Whatever, we should be talking his price up, not down.

Some people are having difficulty understanding that.

Strong and stable my arse.

If this guy is worth £13 million on 18:48 - May 19 with 1831 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If we were City and didn’t have to sell, we could command top-dollar.

Alas, we’re piss-poor, need to sell; he’s not got long left on his contract and is at that stage where he has to go if he wants a shot at the bigger money and the big stage. Add those factors up, and we’re going to do bloody well to go beyond what was purportedly offered a few months back.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

If this guy is worth £13 million on 18:59 - May 19 with 1812 viewsloftboy

If this guy is worth £13 million on 18:48 - May 19 by PlanetHonneywood

If we were City and didn’t have to sell, we could command top-dollar.

Alas, we’re piss-poor, need to sell; he’s not got long left on his contract and is at that stage where he has to go if he wants a shot at the bigger money and the big stage. Add those factors up, and we’re going to do bloody well to go beyond what was purportedly offered a few months back.

I thought he signed a new deal last season? Which was thought of at the time to ensure we got a good price if he wanted to leave.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024