Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendances. 16:31 - May 19 with 3121 viewsEsox_Lucius

13) QUEENS PARK RANGERS
Queens Park Rangers ended up finishing 19th in the Championship this season, and saw Loftus Road 75.20 per cent full, ranking them at 13th in this list.
A surprisingly high take up rate considering the internecine nature of the support last season.
https://fanbanter.co.uk/every-championship-club-ranked-by-how-well-they-fill-the
[Post edited 19 May 2019 16:35]

The grass is always greener.

Attendances. on 17:18 - May 19 with 2986 viewsNov77

Wait til we get our 30,000 seat stadium

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Attendances. on 17:23 - May 19 with 2962 viewsBoston

A 500.000 drop in overall division attendance is disappointing.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Attendances. on 17:32 - May 19 with 2940 viewscolinallcars

Attendances. on 17:23 - May 19 by Boston

A 500.000 drop in overall division attendance is disappointing.

In another thread it was noted that EFL attendances were their highest for 60 years, so League 1 and League 2 must have been well attended.
Attendances. on 20:11 - May 19 with 2674 viewsQPR_John

Attendances. on 17:18 - May 19 by Nov77

At least we would be in with a chance of a decent attendance. LR sold out for every game would still not be a big enough income.
Attendances. on 22:17 - May 19 with 2469 viewsRassilon

Attendances. on 17:32 - May 19 by colinallcars

In another thread it was noted that EFL attendances were their highest for 60 years, so League 1 and League 2 must have been well attended.

As a Rough calculation, a 500,000 drop over 23 home games season is about 20,000 per game, which is probably about the difference in average attendance between Sunderland who went down and, say, Rotherham who came back up in their place.
Attendances. on 09:16 - May 20 with 2144 viewsrunningman75

I wonder how Sky's scheduling affects games. I work shifts and 1 Saturday a month. Saturday 3.00 p.m games are still the best time for me. I tend to watch most Friday night games in a pub that is showing the match and some midweek games it depends on when I am working. Kudos goes out to those people who will be attending the probable away Tuesday night game at Barnsley or Hull most likely a January one.
Attendances. on 11:03 - May 20 with 2055 viewsderbyhoop

Attendances. on 17:18 - May 19 by Nov77

The figures show that for all LR's charms, it is no longer suitable for Championship level football. But you have to get the capacity right. Most of the teams below us had even worse seasons than us or huge grounds they cannot fill.

A new 30,000 stadium, with decent facilities, is a necessity. Even if it is only 2/3 full.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Attendances. on 11:29 - May 20 with 2022 viewsNov77

Attendances. on 11:03 - May 20 by derbyhoop

The figures show that for all LR's charms, it is no longer suitable for Championship level football. But you have to get the capacity right. Most of the teams below us had even worse seasons than us or huge grounds they cannot fill.

A new 30,000 stadium, with decent facilities, is a necessity. Even if it is only 2/3 full.

it won't be 2/3 full

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Attendances. on 11:34 - May 20 with 2013 viewsEsox_Lucius

Not with that attitude it won't be.

The grass is always greener.

Attendances. on 11:46 - May 20 with 1998 viewsderbyhoop

Attendances. on 11:29 - May 20 by Nov77

it won't be 2/3 full

Why not?
Baseball Ground was 18-19,000 capacity by the end. Pride Park is 34,000 and they were 2/3 full.
Reading reached 17,000 average for 14 years until the last 2 seasons, when they have been struggling. And have you been to the Madjeski? An out of town soulless bowl on an industrial estate.
QPR catchment area is close on 2 million. That is north of M4 right round to the start of the M1. There's competition but, it wouldn't take a huge amount of success to get 20K gates every week. And, in the PL, that would be higher.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Attendances. on 11:50 - May 20 with 1989 viewsstevec

Attendances. on 11:03 - May 20 by derbyhoop

As you say, 30,000 at least is essential.

Of the clubs with 30k plus stadiums only Blackburn, Stoke and Ipswich finished lower half and you wouldn't bet against the first two progressing over coming seasons.

Of those below 30k capacity, only Norwich, WBA and Bristol significantly bucked the trend, each of which have 27k capacity so not exactly small grounds.

We were 22nd in size, below us only Brentford, who will have a bigger ground 20/21 and relegated Rotherham.

It's not looking good.
Attendances. on 11:59 - May 20 with 1957 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Attendances. on 11:50 - May 20 by stevec

Of the clubs with 30k plus stadiums only Blackburn, Stoke and Ipswich finished lower half and you wouldn't bet against the first two progressing over coming seasons.

Of those below 30k capacity, only Norwich, WBA and Bristol significantly bucked the trend, each of which have 27k capacity so not exactly small grounds.

We were 22nd in size, below us only Brentford, who will have a bigger ground 20/21 and relegated Rotherham.

It's not looking good.

My understanding was Brentfords new ground was about 17k, Still smaller than ours.
Just!
[Post edited 20 May 2019 12:53]
Attendances. on 12:00 - May 20 with 1957 viewsMytch_QPR

Attendances. on 11:50 - May 20 by stevec

It's not looking good.

I wonder if the club look at how may people come for one game and don't return (i.e. 'floating' fans who might get behind the club if facilities were good - and the football, of course).
I sat behind 2 young couples at the Rotherham game - sounded like their first visit. You couldn't see them coming back (they'd need to be sectioned if they did).
The club is trying to encourage the next generation of fans with free tickets for under 8s but there's a long way to go based on the number of empty seats in the lower loft for most games (doesn't help when you have grown men taking their kit off).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Attendances. on 12:18 - May 20 with 1896 viewsstevec

Attendances. on 12:00 - May 20 by Mytch_QPR

I wonder if the club look at how may people come for one game and don't return (i.e. 'floating' fans who might get behind the club if facilities were good - and the football, of course).
I sat behind 2 young couples at the Rotherham game - sounded like their first visit. You couldn't see them coming back (they'd need to be sectioned if they did).
The club is trying to encourage the next generation of fans with free tickets for under 8s but there's a long way to go based on the number of empty seats in the lower loft for most games (doesn't help when you have grown men taking their kit off).

In the end, whatever initiatives the club come up with in an attempt to fill an 18k capacity ground, 16.5k if you strip out the upper tier away section, you're still always going to be up against it competing against what is effectively half this Division with capacities of over 30,000.

18 of the clubs last season, three quarters of the League, had what I'd call viable size grounds of 25k plus. Of the other 6, the highest finish was 10th.

The club need to aim high. if you do well in a 30k capacity you'd likely have at least 25000 supporters to call on when times aren't going so well. in an 18k capacity, we probably had 15000 to call on so the fact we manage to keep around 13000 turning up on a fairly regular basis is a fair achievement. Trouble is, the way the game is going, that will never be enough to compete.

Free tickets for under 8's is great but in a ground as small as this and in great need of funds, it's like píssing into the wind.
Attendances. on 13:06 - May 20 with 1766 viewsswitchingcode

Attendances. on 11:59 - May 20 by CroydonCaptJack

My understanding was Brentfords new ground was about 17k, Still smaller than ours.
Just!
[Post edited 20 May 2019 12:53]

17,250 to be exact,Next season only Luton will have a smaller capacity than Griffin Park.
Attendances. on 13:16 - May 20 with 1741 viewsstevec

Attendances. on 13:06 - May 20 by switchingcode

17,250 to be exact,Next season only Luton will have a smaller capacity than Griffin Park.

If you stay in this Division for 20/21 I suspect you'll fill your ground and be wondering why you didn't build a bigger stadium.

It doesn't seem that long ago I'd be looking at Brentford attendances and thinking they're doing well to get 6,000 through the doors. Goes to show, a progressive board with the will to get things done does work.
Attendances. on 13:34 - May 20 with 1695 viewsR_from_afar

I am not - repeat not - saying we should do this but based on the fact that the main driver for having a new ground is the difficulty we face generating income on days which are not matchdays and the fact that we are not filling the ground, it could be argued we should rebuild Loftus Road on the existing site with the same or lower, even, capacity.

That would show a huge lack of ambition, though, and would limit our growth as a club, plus would be a logistical nightmare, so it's not a sensible idea.

We do need to bear in mind that the non-matchday side of things, though, that is a massive issue with Loftus Road.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Attendances. on 13:46 - May 20 with 1651 viewsstowmarketrange

Attendances. on 13:16 - May 20 by stevec

If you stay in this Division for 20/21 I suspect you'll fill your ground and be wondering why you didn't build a bigger stadium.

It doesn't seem that long ago I'd be looking at Brentford attendances and thinking they're doing well to get 6,000 through the doors. Goes to show, a progressive board with the will to get things done does work.

They couldn't make it any bigger though,could they?I don’t think they could get planning permission for anything bigger.
Attendances. on 13:54 - May 20 with 1630 viewsstevec

Attendances. on 13:46 - May 20 by stowmarketrange

They couldn't make it any bigger though,could they?I don’t think they could get planning permission for anything bigger.

Appreciate that, was just reflecting on the likely positive aspects of building a bigger stadium.

Let's not forget, Brentford will be pitching at potential new supporters in the same vicinity that we should be pitching for, but they'll have a brand spanking new stadium and we won't. Just be thankful it's not that big!

Our board needs to up it's game and fast.
Attendances. on 14:04 - May 20 with 1598 viewskensalriser

All the available evidence from other clubs over at least a two decade period indicates we'd comfortably be getting 20k in a decent new stadium, give or take depending on level of performance.

The only good thing about LR is proximity to the pitch, the rest of it is shite.

Then again, my bonkers MIL is adamant she won't move from her dilapidated squalid pit of a house that no longer has any adequate heating or even hot water, so clearly some people are so opposed to change they'd rather fester in their own mess.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Attendances. on 15:17 - May 20 with 1471 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Attendances. on 13:06 - May 20 by switchingcode

Thanks, I thought so.
Attendances. on 15:46 - May 20 with 1427 viewsTonto

depends how much hey charge.

17k tickets at £40 could easily translate into 25-30k of tickets if the price was £20 or less. With all the on-sales (beer, Bovril, pies, shirts, programmes etc), that would even out.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Attendances. on 15:49 - May 20 with 1424 viewsngbqpr

Attendances. on 14:04 - May 20 by kensalriser

All the available evidence from other clubs over at least a two decade period indicates we'd comfortably be getting 20k in a decent new stadium, give or take depending on level of performance.

The only good thing about LR is proximity to the pitch, the rest of it is shite.

Then again, my bonkers MIL is adamant she won't move from her dilapidated squalid pit of a house that no longer has any adequate heating or even hot water, so clearly some people are so opposed to change they'd rather fester in their own mess.

What Kensal said.

Even a club like Chesterfield nearly doubled their attendances when they moved.

I can only make a handful of home games a season now...quite often I only know I can go quite late in the day. Frequently, the majority of seats still left are single seats and I have friends / family who want to come - I either go solo or not at all, but either way potential sales are lost (to fans, not floaters). Many of the 'two together' are restricted view (I know 90% of our ground is restricted - I mean the really restricted ones). Getting 3 or more together is nigh on impossible even for run of the mill games.

I don't want a half empty ground like Wigan's...but I genuinely think with a capacity of 26-30k we'd be full enough every game to make the stadium more profitable and to still have a good atmosphere.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Attendances. on 16:33 - May 20 with 1376 viewsswitchingcode

Attendances. on 13:16 - May 20 by stevec

Would be a big ask for us to fill the new stadium the 2800 for visiting fans will help and sure will sell out every week as it’s a new stadium to tick off.The ground can’t be developed more due to the tight site.Im more than happy with the size of the stadium unlike some who thought it should have been at least 25000
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024