Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Joe. How to save a penalty 21:10 - May 20 with 1147 viewsbosh67

Interesting bit of River dancing but highly effective.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48343679

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dear Joe. How to save a penalty on 21:20 - May 20 with 1127 viewsPommyhoop

They do it all the time down here. We got one who does the tango or the cha - cha -cha depending on what way he thinks the kicker is going.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Dear Joe. How to save a penalty on 09:14 - May 21 with 901 viewsenfieldargh

if were lucky Nakki Wells might be in the opposing team

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Dear Joe. How to save a penalty on 11:27 - May 23 with 663 viewstimcocking

To my mind, more research should be done into penalties. They can be so vital. The amount of penalties nowadays and the amount of money at stake, i'm amazed they let some thickie just take a wild guess or fight over who is taking it. To thick to realise they're all missing a trick. One day, some new coach will do it and they'll call him a genius.

I read once about a business takeover of a company or something like that between a Japanese company and an American company. I forget exact details, but they needed a way to resolve the deadlock and a game of stone, paper, scissors was mooted as a cheap, fair and simple way to deal with the impasse. The Yanks thought it'd be random whereas the cunning Japanese, being much cleverer of course, realised there were complex factors at play in such a mental game.

I forget the details, but something like a very high percentile of males initially go with a rock, which is of course a manly fist. Their research showed if they lose with the rock, they'd typically change to either paper or scissors, people rarely stay the same, so by picking the scissors second, they'd most likely win again. The Americans went rock, then paper and lost as the Japanese predicted.

So you can be damned sure that more could be done to save penalties. They could be looking for tells in the run up and all sorts. Same goes for taking them. Didn't le Tissier score something like 48 penalties out of 49? Yet very surprising how poor most penalty takers often are.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 12:00]
Dear Joe. How to save a penalty on 17:27 - May 23 with 593 viewsrrrspricey

Dear Joe. How to save a penalty on 11:27 - May 23 by timcocking

To my mind, more research should be done into penalties. They can be so vital. The amount of penalties nowadays and the amount of money at stake, i'm amazed they let some thickie just take a wild guess or fight over who is taking it. To thick to realise they're all missing a trick. One day, some new coach will do it and they'll call him a genius.

I read once about a business takeover of a company or something like that between a Japanese company and an American company. I forget exact details, but they needed a way to resolve the deadlock and a game of stone, paper, scissors was mooted as a cheap, fair and simple way to deal with the impasse. The Yanks thought it'd be random whereas the cunning Japanese, being much cleverer of course, realised there were complex factors at play in such a mental game.

I forget the details, but something like a very high percentile of males initially go with a rock, which is of course a manly fist. Their research showed if they lose with the rock, they'd typically change to either paper or scissors, people rarely stay the same, so by picking the scissors second, they'd most likely win again. The Americans went rock, then paper and lost as the Japanese predicted.

So you can be damned sure that more could be done to save penalties. They could be looking for tells in the run up and all sorts. Same goes for taking them. Didn't le Tissier score something like 48 penalties out of 49? Yet very surprising how poor most penalty takers often are.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 12:00]

Didn't Derran Brown win something like 100 rock paper scissors games on the spin proving it's not just a game of chance?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024