Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket World Cup thread. 10:09 - May 21 with 53646 viewsSnipper

Jofra Archer has been named in the squad, and rightly so. He offers genuine pace and he’s still relatively unknown to the other teams. I don’t agree with the omission of David Willey though. I wouldn’t have had Liam Dawson. But hey ho.

This is the first round robin CWC since Australia/New Zealand in 1992. For me, that was the best CWC. Australia were big favourites, but lost their first four games. England are big favourites for this one. Let’s hope we get off to a better start.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:35 - May 30 with 2078 viewshubble

Easy!
Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:38 - May 30 with 2076 viewsted_hendrix

Excellent win by England

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:14 - May 30 with 2001 viewsMrSheen

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:22 - May 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

Not bad, not bad ;)

Extra points for protecting the woman in the wheelchair on the boundary.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:15 - May 30 with 1995 viewsElHoop

That was an excellent performance with bat and ball and in the field. We seemed to realise that the pitch was a bit tricky and that 311 was probably worth at least another 50 on a good pitch. The bowling was on a different level to our recent past. OK South Africa weren't great on the day, but you can only beat what's there and we thrashed them. Who's next?
Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:26 - May 30 with 1985 viewsBlackCrowe

That catch...mein gott.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:40 - May 30 with 1966 viewsTonto

Cracking win against one of the better teams. And a nice positive run rate differential which could prove handy later on.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 07:23 - May 31 with 1799 viewsjonno

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:15 - May 30 by ElHoop

That was an excellent performance with bat and ball and in the field. We seemed to realise that the pitch was a bit tricky and that 311 was probably worth at least another 50 on a good pitch. The bowling was on a different level to our recent past. OK South Africa weren't great on the day, but you can only beat what's there and we thrashed them. Who's next?

Agree. Slightly disappointing batting performance from what they are capable of but that is being harsh. Excellent bowling and superb fielding, both of which were some way better than the Saffers.
Archer adds the genuine threat of pace which we've mostly been missing for some time and completes our bowling attack. No other side will be looking forward to playing England in this competition assuming we keep everybody fit.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 07:56 - May 31 with 1775 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 07:23 - May 31 by jonno

Agree. Slightly disappointing batting performance from what they are capable of but that is being harsh. Excellent bowling and superb fielding, both of which were some way better than the Saffers.
Archer adds the genuine threat of pace which we've mostly been missing for some time and completes our bowling attack. No other side will be looking forward to playing England in this competition assuming we keep everybody fit.

Yeah Archer has definitely added something a bit special to the attack. He's our Bumrah in that opponents know that he's hard to get away so they'll focus on trying to score more against the other bowlers, which helps them too. Stokes at 14/1 for player of the tournament isn't the worst bet you'll ever see given his runs and catch yesterday. He's always likely to contribute something to a side which has a big chance of going all the way.
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:47 - May 31 with 1727 viewsMrSheen

Pakistan in the poo, 72/4 off 15 against the West Indies.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:54 - May 31 with 1717 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:47 - May 31 by MrSheen

Pakistan in the poo, 72/4 off 15 against the West Indies.

They're in a lotta trouble here. They bat quite deep but they'll need to get at least 250 to have any hope at all. Unlikely but still vaguely possible.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:23 - May 31 with 1702 viewsMrSheen

Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:54 - May 31 by ElHoop

They're in a lotta trouble here. They bat quite deep but they'll need to get at least 250 to have any hope at all. Unlikely but still vaguely possible.

Good recovery from 83/9! Nottingham glaziers frustrated at a low-scoring game for once.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:27 - May 31 with 1696 viewsLythamR

Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:23 - May 31 by MrSheen

Good recovery from 83/9! Nottingham glaziers frustrated at a low-scoring game for once.

If WI send in Russell to open everyone can have the afternoon off, shouldnt take more than 10 overs
Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:28 - May 31 with 1697 viewsjonno

Pakistan obviously not keen on the chin music. They will be getting plenty of short stuff for the rest of the tournament I think!
Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:29 - May 31 with 1694 viewsjonno

Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:27 - May 31 by LythamR

If WI send in Russell to open everyone can have the afternoon off, shouldnt take more than 10 overs

Except he appears to have injured himself.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:49 - May 31 with 1653 viewsElHoop

They're a f*cking dangerous side though. Hopefully they'll go out before the semi-finals. You don't want them in a knockout game.

That's the way to do it with 9 group games - get it over with and go back to the hotel for a lie down and a beer and watch the racing. Bit like winning in straight sets at Wimbledon.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 13:41 - May 31 with 1625 viewsMrSheen

Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:49 - May 31 by ElHoop

They're a f*cking dangerous side though. Hopefully they'll go out before the semi-finals. You don't want them in a knockout game.

That's the way to do it with 9 group games - get it over with and go back to the hotel for a lie down and a beer and watch the racing. Bit like winning in straight sets at Wimbledon.

Somehow doubt Chris Gayle is going back for a lie-down. Not for another 16 hours.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 13:46 - May 31 with 1613 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 13:41 - May 31 by MrSheen

Somehow doubt Chris Gayle is going back for a lie-down. Not for another 16 hours.

Yeah probably not lol. He's not one for quick singles is he - not on the square anyway.

Amir hasn't wasted what time they've had to bowl - looks like he's back in business. We've got Pakistan next on the same ground so it'll be interesting to see what happens by comparison.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 13:47]
Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:32 - May 31 with 1577 viewsTheChef

Cricket World Cup thread. on 13:46 - May 31 by ElHoop

Yeah probably not lol. He's not one for quick singles is he - not on the square anyway.

Amir hasn't wasted what time they've had to bowl - looks like he's back in business. We've got Pakistan next on the same ground so it'll be interesting to see what happens by comparison.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 13:47]

Indeed, which Pakistan will turn up?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 04:19 - Jun 1 with 1487 viewstimcocking

I love Cricket, but this 'The Hundred'...sweet Jesus, it's like they're trying to remove everything good about cricket and swap it for the most ugly things imaginable. The word horrified doesn't do it justice. It's frightening how people in charge can be so completely wrong. They've gone out of their way to make the most awful version imaginable. Bad enough we have all this 20-20 sh!t as it is. Dozens of millions of Cricket money wasted. Makes me shudder when i hear the name. 'The Hundred'. These fcuking marketing morons, no idea. A shameful embarrassment and massive waste of vital resources which could have devastating long term effects on the game. I mean, somewhere there must have actually been a meeting with people saying 'yes, great idea'. Fcuking terrifying.

And if it does succeed, by some undeserved hideous miracle, it'll only go to enforce my low opinion of the general public and i shall start to work on a plan to blow up the entire planet.

What has happened to good taste and class?
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:50 - Jun 1 with 1415 viewsElHoop

Sri Lanka struggling a bit early on against the Kiwis. I wonder how long it will take someone to top our 'par score' of 320? A couple of interesting games today. Sri Lanka have already been totally written off - not sure that's fair. Afghans v Oz - hopefully Oz will bat first and the Afghans can tie them down a bit. That's a no win game for the Aussies.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 13:08 - Jun 1 with 1396 viewsjonno

Crazily poor batting by the Sri Lankans towards the end with Karunaratne still in and batting well. The tail enders should have tried to stick around instead of slogging and getting themselves out with more than 20 overs remaining. They could have got another 100 runs had they played sensibly.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 13:08]
Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:21 - Jun 1 with 1355 viewsElHoop

There's definitely a 'they don't like it up 'em' attitude prevailing at the moment.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:19 - Jun 1 with 1336 viewsRangersw12

Off to the Oval on Wednesday for Bangladesh V NZ

As it's a day nighter it should be more batsman friendly so will hooefully see a closer game
Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:11 - Jun 2 with 1264 viewsMrSheen

Banglas giving the Saffers some hammer. 315/5 with 8 balls left.

330 total, their highest ever ODI score. Game on.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 14:17]
Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:52 - Jun 2 with 1206 viewsjonno

Saffas struggling - lost their first two games and have India next.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024