Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Bobby Zamora day 00:36 - May 24 with 3430 viewsloftboy

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 01:44 - May 24 with 2376 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I remember that game, I think we won relegation or something.

Can’t recall what happened next; did we win promotion back to the championship or did we totally cock it up and stay in the Prem?
[Post edited 24 May 2019 1:45]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 04:01 - May 24 with 2355 viewsSonofNorfolt

Has anybody ever found any footage of that goal, ie, 45000 of us going bananas, as taken from the Derby end?
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 06:16 - May 24 with 2323 viewsJuzzie

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 04:01 - May 24 by SonofNorfolt

Has anybody ever found any footage of that goal, ie, 45000 of us going bananas, as taken from the Derby end?

I’ve looked from time to time the last few years, not much luck. Can’t really see Derby fans uploading that.

Always hoping a media outlet or maybe neutral fan in their end would.
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 07:59 - May 24 with 2269 viewseghamranger

Was a superb day.

My brother and daughter are in that clip in the crowd.
My daughters face ( aged 16) then was absolutely amazing when they scored.

Still brings a tear to my eye!!

Bit sad I know !!
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 08:52 - May 24 with 2226 viewsDannyPaddox

Happy BZ Day! What a day.

Seems like a lot longer than 5 years. Maybe because we've been through 10 (TEN) managers since including Redknapp who retired and joined a golf club shortly before Hoillet crossed to Keogh. Then made a comeback after Bobby scored.
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 09:30 - May 24 with 2179 viewsSnipper

Five years ago today was the greatest day of my footballing life. QPR winning at Wembley.

This was our Istanbul, this was our Munich, this was our Barcelona, this was our 100 point Premiership win, this was our everything.

Dreams came true that day.
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 10:14 - May 24 with 2136 viewsrobith

I've watched that video so many times and always think this: the Derby fan who goes dejectedly "Those f**king w@nkers"

I feel him. Respect.
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 10:23 - May 24 with 2134 viewsJuzzie

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 10:14 - May 24 by robith

I've watched that video so many times and always think this: the Derby fan who goes dejectedly "Those f**king w@nkers"

I feel him. Respect.

I wonder if he was talking about us or his own team?
Login to get fewer ads

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 10:28 - May 24 with 2126 viewsstevec

A winning goal for my wonderful team at Wembley, never tire of watching that.

Statistically speaking
Next total eclipse of the sun - 12th August 2026.
Next winning goal for us at Wembley - 14th August 2061.

Assume that'll be the Charity Shield after winning the League.
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 10:32 - May 24 with 2107 views2Thomas2Bowles

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 10:23 - May 24 by Juzzie

I've always thought he was referring to his own players for fecking it up.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 10:39 - May 24 with 2089 viewsPhildo

Historic resonance as the PM resigns on BZ day.

What I recall of the atermath was not being able to stop grinning for a full week after. It wasn't the promotion or the team (after all it was Harold and Barton) - it was seeing QPR actually win something against the odds on the big stage ( I was not around for the league cup win).
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 10:40 - May 24 with 2085 viewsrobith

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 10:23 - May 24 by Juzzie

It's the ambiguity of it that makes it. All are valid
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 10:45 - May 24 with 2072 viewsloftboy

I feel him. Respect.

And I’m still convinced that’s curly watts (Kevin Kennedy) sat in front of him!

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 10:48 - May 24 with 2069 viewsMick_S

It's very easy to big your own club up, but I genuinely have never heard the pitch of the roar for that goal for any other strike at Wembley. It was on another level.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 11:17 - May 24 with 2028 viewsloftboy

This is a good watch as well

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 11:38 - May 24 with 1991 viewssmegma

I feel him. Respect.

I want to meet him
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 11:48 - May 24 with 1965 views2Thomas2Bowles

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 11:17 - May 24 by loftboy

This is a good watch as well

Brilliant

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 12:03 - May 24 with 1933 viewsCroydonCaptJack

It was a brilliant day.
I will never forget after the final whistle taking some footage on my phone and panning round to my (then) fourteen year old who had tears running down his face, he was so happy.
And my other older son also waving his flag with such a smile on his face.
My best moment as a QPR fan and I have been going since 1975.
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 12:09 - May 24 with 1923 viewsWestbourneR

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 12:03 - May 24 by CroydonCaptJack

It was a brilliant day.
I will never forget after the final whistle taking some footage on my phone and panning round to my (then) fourteen year old who had tears running down his face, he was so happy.

I can remember that goal and watching it from my seat just above it in Wembley in literally perfect slow motion. The ball drops, bobbles, and Zamora's guiding side foot. Remember nothing else after that but that moment is etched into my memory and probably always will be.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 12:18 - May 24 with 1905 viewsrobith

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 12:09 - May 24 by WestbourneR

I can remember that goal and watching it from my seat just above it in Wembley in literally perfect slow motion. The ball drops, bobbles, and Zamora's guiding side foot. Remember nothing else after that but that moment is etched into my memory and probably always will be.

I distinctly remember time slowing down. Like my head was tracking the ball after Zamora hit it thinking "that's.........going.........in?"
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 12:28 - May 24 with 1881 viewspaulparker

It’s funny I was not nervous at all before, during the game even down to 10 men
Special shout to Kingsbury who sorted my old man out a ticket ( what a sight he looked in my old QPR half and half ski hat ) also had a chat with rufus before the game
The funny thing was it was all going to kick off between a load of rangers fans below me as one div threatened some old boy , then just as people were squaring up to one another we get that throw in , it’s weird that a roar went up I had a feeling in my water we would score from the throw in and I think the fans did to , as soon as the ball fell to Zamora I knew it was in
Pure bedlam the people squaring up for a ruck were all hugging each other and yours truly didn’t know what to do with ones self but hug a fat bloke behind me
Everyone was in shock we didn’t sing pigbag or any other rangers song other than ooohhh Bobby Zamora for about 10 minutes, a great day just a shame we had that shyster redknapp in charge

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 12:44 - May 24 with 1859 viewsSydneyRs

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 06:16 - May 24 by Juzzie

I’ve looked from time to time the last few years, not much luck. Can’t really see Derby fans uploading that.

Always hoping a media outlet or maybe neutral fan in their end would.

There was a clip from their end that time we came back from 2-0 down in injury time. It was brilliant.
Happy Bobby Zamora day on 13:13 - May 24 with 1828 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 10:48 - May 24 by Mick_S

It's very easy to big your own club up, but I genuinely have never heard the pitch of the roar for that goal for any other strike at Wembley. It was on another level.

It was like the mentalness that followed Furlong’s goal at home to Oldham, but a lot more mental if you know what I mean!

I still love Phil Parry’s commentary; it was the alarm call on my phone for years until the phone went all kaput on me.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 13:26 - May 24 with 1786 viewsR_from_afar

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 12:03 - May 24 by CroydonCaptJack

It was a brilliant day.

Erm....I wept uncontrollaby for, oh, maybe five minutes after we scored.

I had sat under the darkest of metaphorical dark clouds from the moment we went down to 10 men, moping as I watched us trying to cope with the relentless Derby attacks. I remember seeing the odds on BZ scoring scrolling across an advertising hoarding and I muttered something like "20-1? It might as well be 5000-1".

But somehow, Rangers prevailed and it is those rare moments of joy which make supporting our maligned and battered club a wonderful thing.

Bring on the next such moment! You Rsss

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 14:41 - May 24 with 1683 viewssmegma

Happy Bobby Zamora day on 09:30 - May 24 by Snipper

Five years ago today was the greatest day of my footballing life. QPR winning at Wembley.

This was our Istanbul, this was our Munich, this was our Barcelona, this was our 100 point Premiership win, this was our everything.

Dreams came true that day.

My thoughts too Mark. Whatever crap gets thrown at us in the future, no one can take B Z Day away from us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024