Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers 15:08 - May 24 with 3744 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers 24th May 2019 15:05
The fourth and final part of our annual end of season round up of individual players’ performances turns attention to QPR’s misfiring, mostly borrowed, attack. 11

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 18:18 - May 24 with 3407 viewsDejR_vu

Woah, only read Eze and Hemed so far. Think I need to have a little lie down before I read any more

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 23:41 - May 24 with 3064 viewsPunteR

Thanks for the reports Northern. One thing is for sure ,Mclaren was absolutely useless and the wrong appointment.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 13:54 - May 25 with 2754 viewsWadR

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 23:41 - May 24 by PunteR

Thanks for the reports Northern. One thing is for sure ,Mclaren was absolutely useless and the wrong appointment.

Agree that he was the wrong appointment but equally he presided over our September - December form, so think it's unfair to call him useless.

That was the only sustained period since relegation where we've played well and got results. The lows of Rotherham and Bolton at home were very low, and he was rightly sacked, but it's only fair to credit him for achieving something that escaped any of Ramsey/Hasselbaink/Holloway.

Thanks Clive for these end of term reports and all your fantastic work throughout the season.

Your writing on Eze and Hemed in particular should be mandatory reading for all fans ahead of next year.

The defining moment of Hemed's QPR career for me was against West Brom at home when the ball breaks to him at the edge of our area in injury time. He has a little time and Bright steaming down the left and if he can find him, there's a good chance we counter, relieve the pressure and maybe can kill the game up the other end. Instead, he does this lazy, thoughtless boot down straight to their keeper. Immediately the pressure is back on and of course, we can concede soon after.

As you say, Eze is no Mackie out of possession, but he never hides and always attempts to use the ball intelligently which couldn't be said for Hemed.
End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 13:14 - May 26 with 2285 viewsNoelmc

Excellent analysis Clive. Highlights for me were your pieces on Freeman, Eze & Hemed where you really hit the nail on the head.

Throughout, there was an underlying analysis of McClaren and his failings. How would you rate him, D?

Thanks for all your hard work, which has kept us fans informed and entertained. Have a great summer.
End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 12:54 - May 27 with 1928 viewsPunteR

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 13:54 - May 25 by WadR

Agree that he was the wrong appointment but equally he presided over our September - December form, so think it's unfair to call him useless.

That was the only sustained period since relegation where we've played well and got results. The lows of Rotherham and Bolton at home were very low, and he was rightly sacked, but it's only fair to credit him for achieving something that escaped any of Ramsey/Hasselbaink/Holloway.

Thanks Clive for these end of term reports and all your fantastic work throughout the season.

Your writing on Eze and Hemed in particular should be mandatory reading for all fans ahead of next year.

The defining moment of Hemed's QPR career for me was against West Brom at home when the ball breaks to him at the edge of our area in injury time. He has a little time and Bright steaming down the left and if he can find him, there's a good chance we counter, relieve the pressure and maybe can kill the game up the other end. Instead, he does this lazy, thoughtless boot down straight to their keeper. Immediately the pressure is back on and of course, we can concede soon after.

As you say, Eze is no Mackie out of possession, but he never hides and always attempts to use the ball intelligently which couldn't be said for Hemed.

You've got to judge him on the whole season though haven't you? Not just a couple months. Yes he got them playing well sept-dec but that only highlights for me how he massively underachieved with this squad.

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 12:22 - May 28 with 1657 viewsrsonist

I'm cynical to the point of paranoia when it comes to the club comms PR machine but I find myself unsure when it comes to the over-hyping Eze charge to be honest.

Sure, perhaps they did get a little carried away in hindsight - but at the same time can you really blame them for trying to generate something exciting and new-leaf positive when an archetypal young #10 appears at deflated, sentimental club? Blaming that for the backlash kind of feels partly like making excuses for all the sociopathic cnts in the crowd, and really the onus ought to be to transcending that element instead of tiptoeing around whatever might trigger them further down the line. I mean, it's not really like the spotlight had an adverse effect on the lad himself is it? He was better for that senior responsibility I think, and in fairness he was pretty much ready for it too - we're not talking "100 Things You Didn't Know About Tom Hitchcock" here either.

It's a bit like the stadium sponsorship in a way. You could take the view that it's all ulterior calculated mercenary show so we get what we want (LCS, increased season ticket sales, a fat transfer fee for the lad) or that there's a wider consideration in terms of club identity. Ultimately we want to see ourselves and be seen by others as the club where Ezes are trusted and celebrated. But we're in a climate where people will say anything when we win and say anything when we lose, game to game with no shame.

Really wish he'd just leathered that bloody penalty in properly though.
End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 12:32 - May 28 with 1644 viewsrsonist

I mean, also, when I say "when an archetypal young #10 appears" it was never actually that in reality. Eze's never been a secret - Millwall let him go, the clubs he trialled at before us didn't take him up either, and never once would his talent have been in doubt. We're the ones that said, yes we're QPR and this is a bit of us.
End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 22:04 - May 28 with 1434 viewsJohnMcCo

My word, an outstanding report amongst a series of great reports.
The Eze thing I don't get at all, maybe the likes of me are partly to blame because I could go on for a very long time about what a good footballer he is and won't have a word said against him. Perhaps the reverence the seers have feeds the dissenters.
I loved the hyperbole from the Stevenage manager because I have probably only seen Chair 5 or 6 times and he has looked mostly totally ordinary to me. Happy to be proved totally wrong of course.
Let's hope Warburton gets the best out of them all. At least this appointment makes sense, it's that which gives me a tad more optimism for next season than last.
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:22 - May 28 with 1425 viewsJohnMcCo

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 03:55 - May 29 with 1361 viewsnumptydumpty

Crikey yes. Eze was played too much and a lot of the crowd placing expectations beyond reason. A twenty year old starting out needed better man management and utilisation - a la BOS - but crikey the whinges were way out of context.

Bloke behind me - back row - Ellerslie - big overweight guy with his mate and daddy - every time Eze lost the ball - irritating beyond belief - comments like - lazy sod - etc - I don't like so called fans like this.

bloke needed elastopast over his gob.

he had a hard season - overplayed for one so young - and because loan players - wells and in particular hemed not up to scratch - smyth and oteh on loan - lost sylla - and smith who bog standard big man - too much put on young shoulders - but we can all see the potential - needs better man management - possibly giving him ten shirt not helped either - give the kid a break - give him time - otherwise he will develop and blossom somewhere else and Ellerslie road back row fat guy can be proud he played a part in driving out the one player who on occasions is guaranteed to delight.

McLaren as an ex England manager - has stolen a living - not sure how really - but can not see him managing again - delusions of grandeur - but note to back row Ellerslie road big man - support your team and all your players...

never understand fans logic of criticising players and expecting it to have a positive effect.

was a frustrating season - no doubt - but we carry on and keep on hoping.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 07:42 - May 29 with 1332 viewsTheChef

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 23:41 - May 24 by PunteR

Come off it, the guy led a QPR team to a win at Nottingham Forest, surely for that he deserves beatification (and a gift voucher for Advanced Hair Studios)?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 05:00 - May 30 with 1028 viewsisawqpratwcity

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 13:54 - May 25 by WadR

This. For three months we were the form team of the division. Not playing the youngsters was a niggle more of the order of the water pressure in the toilets. Nobody complains while we are winning.

Clive presents an unimpeachable case that McClaren wilfully neglected to develop the youth. Had he delivered the same game results through the season: bad, good and then bad again, but paid more attention to youth development, he would have still been sacked. All he would have got would have been a commiserative afterthought that 'at least he was good with the youngsters'. We live and die by our results.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 20:03 - May 30 with 922 viewsPunteR

End of Term Report 18/19 — Strikers on 07:42 - May 29 by TheChef

Come off it, the guy led a QPR team to a win at Nottingham Forest, surely for that he deserves beatification (and a gift voucher for Advanced Hair Studios)?

Ha.. yeh I'll give him that.
Our fans on here are a funny lot sometimes, 2 down votes for daring to say maclaren was useless.

Yeh he was brilliant wasn't he. ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024