Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfers 10:49 - May 30 with 130952 viewsderbyhoop

There's always lots of speculation, 90% generated by agents. Might be good to have 1 thread.

I don't understand the speculation that has linked us with Adam Matthews from Sunderland, Adam Maher from AZ Alkmaar and Liam Kelly from Livingstone.
Matthews is a RB where we have Furlong, Rangel and Kakay
Maher is a midfielder where, even if Freeman goes, we're not short of options.
Kelly is a keeper. We have Lumley, Ingram and Dieng, unless the latter goes to Glasgow Rangers.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfers on 11:54 - Jun 20 with 4353 viewsaston_hoop

Reports in Oz saying we are after Brandon O’Neill of Sydney FC (well, us and a few other Championship clubs). Any Aussie Rs know about him?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfers on 11:59 - Jun 20 with 4309 viewsHooparoo

Summer Transfers on 11:54 - Jun 20 by aston_hoop

Reports in Oz saying we are after Brandon O’Neill of Sydney FC (well, us and a few other Championship clubs). Any Aussie Rs know about him?

Tough tackling and energetic midfielder currently playing for Sydney FC. Got a great engine and keeps his passes simple. Originally from Ireland so work permits shouldn’t be a problem but the championship would be a big step up in technique for him.

Hard worker and gets stuck in so might be worth a punt.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Summer Transfers on 12:01 - Jun 20 with 4297 viewsaston_hoop

Summer Transfers on 11:59 - Jun 20 by Hooparoo

Tough tackling and energetic midfielder currently playing for Sydney FC. Got a great engine and keeps his passes simple. Originally from Ireland so work permits shouldn’t be a problem but the championship would be a big step up in technique for him.

Cheers Hooparoo, apparently available for £300k which arguably falls in our price range.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer Transfers on 12:20 - Jun 20 with 4230 viewsqueensparker

Summer Transfers on 11:59 - Jun 20 by Hooparoo

Sounds a bit like our other Aussie!
Summer Transfers on 12:39 - Jun 20 with 4169 viewsozexile

Summer Transfers on 11:54 - Jun 20 by aston_hoop

Good player I think he'd do well. But.........dont pay 300k. When he hears of our interest he'll demand to be released. Offer 50k take it or leave it.
Summer Transfers on 14:04 - Jun 20 with 3990 viewskingo

MW has said on Sky Sports this morning that a couple more are due in next week

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Summer Transfers on 14:10 - Jun 20 with 3972 viewsMick_S

Summer Transfers on 14:04 - Jun 20 by kingo

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Summer Transfers on 14:52 - Jun 20 with 3837 viewsLongsufferingR

Summer Transfers on 14:04 - Jun 20 by kingo

Next week? What's the matter with these people? We need more players now.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfers on 15:05 - Jun 20 with 3809 viewsLunarJetman

Ravel's free again....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7162733/Former-Manchester-Uni
Summer Transfers on 15:14 - Jun 20 with 3785 viewsHunterhoop

Summer Transfers on 11:05 - Jun 20 by rsonist

Millwall losing Morison (Shrewsbury) and Gregory (Stoke..!) this summer could be interesting if they don't get the replacements spot on. Could see Warbs open to letting Smith go if they still fancy him and want to loosen the pursestrings.

I may be in a minority, and I appreciate he’s probably on more than he should be, but I really hope we keep Smith.

Our forwards currently consist of Big Smith, Oteh, Lewis Walker (who played proper first team football at any level and doesn’t look like he’ll make it.

Smyth, BOS, will be wingers, not our no. 9.

Unless we have two good, cheap forwards line up, I don’t understand how we can possibly let Smith go. If we actually play with BOS and Smyth on the wings getting at their full backs and whipping it in, it may actually play to his strengths.

Plus, if we are near the bottom, i’d rather have the biggest forward in the league on our side offering us set piece options than playing for another relegation rival,
Summer Transfers on 15:24 - Jun 20 with 3749 viewsAntti_Heinola

Summer Transfers on 15:14 - Jun 20 by Hunterhoop

I may be in a minority, and I appreciate he’s probably on more than he should be, but I really hope we keep Smith.

Our forwards currently consist of Big Smith, Oteh, Lewis Walker (who played proper first team football at any level and doesn’t look like he’ll make it.

Unless we have two good, cheap forwards line up, I don’t understand how we can possibly let Smith go. If we actually play with BOS and Smyth on the wings getting at their full backs and whipping it in, it may actually play to his strengths.

Plus, if we are near the bottom, i’d rather have the biggest forward in the league on our side offering us set piece options than playing for another relegation rival,

Agree - the fact is, he gets goals.

Bare bones.

Summer Transfers on 15:33 - Jun 20 with 3720 viewsNorthernr

I’m with you, I like Smith. However...
1 - not a warburton type player at all
2 - if Millwall baulked at his wages in January he may be on a wedge too much for an impact sub.
3 - as pointed out, Millwall have lost their two main strikers and he’d be fcking perfect for their style up top with fit again Bradshaw so they may come back.

I’d keep if possible.
Summer Transfers on 15:49 - Jun 20 with 3673 viewskingo

Summer Transfers on 14:52 - Jun 20 by LongsufferingR

Next week? What's the matter with these people? We need more players now.

Not hanging about is he ? Got to say I am very impressed with how MW is going about things

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Summer Transfers on 15:56 - Jun 20 with 3643 viewsrunningman75

I would love to keep Smith. Yes we all want pretty football in the Championship but sometimes Championship football is ugly and you need that player who can get a goal or help out at set pieces when teams bombard us with route 1 football and our defence gets so deep.
Summer Transfers on 16:11 - Jun 20 with 3589 viewsRblockPrior

Totally agree with those who mentioned we should keep Smith, he gives us a different option and most important of all he gets goals

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Summer Transfers on 17:46 - Jun 20 with 3450 viewseghamranger

Summer Transfers on 15:49 - Jun 20 by kingo

Not hanging about is he ? Got to say I am very impressed with how MW is going about things

Well they go to Austria 2 weeks Saturday, so you hope that he has another couple of players in by then especially a forward.
Summer Transfers on 20:16 - Jun 20 with 3298 viewsGloucs_R

Scott Hogan now linked, I did read something about this last week

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-aston-villa-forward-on-loan/amp?__t

Poll: Are we staying up?

Summer Transfers on 20:18 - Jun 20 with 3291 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, or still mentally scarred from the past, but how are we once again affording this all? Aren't we still completely broke? Feels a tiny bit like once again Warburton has just walked in, taken control and we've bent over a bit. I don't know. I'm just worried I think k

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Summer Transfers on 20:22 - Jun 20 with 3276 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfers on 20:18 - Jun 20 by RANGERS4EVER

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, or still mentally scarred from the past, but how are we once again affording this all? Aren't we still completely broke? Feels a tiny bit like once again Warburton has just walked in, taken control and we've bent over a bit. I don't know. I'm just worried I think k

We will have an assigned budget which the manager will need to work within. I'm assuming the players that he's bringing in or on less money than the ones that went out at the end of last season so therefore we're saving money. Also you've got to assume that they are expecting to sell some players to balance the books this season

Poll: Are we staying up?

Summer Transfers on 20:35 - Jun 20 with 3247 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 20:16 - Jun 20 by Gloucs_R

Scott Hogan now linked, I did read something about this last week

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-aston-villa-forward-on-loan/amp?__t

Also saying MW is indeed ready to let Smith go.

Isn't a Plan A player and (all together now) he doesn't do Plan B so fair enough IMO.
Summer Transfers on 20:44 - Jun 20 with 3223 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfers on 20:18 - Jun 20 by RANGERS4EVER

we've got in 2 free transfers and a keeper who cost about 70k so thats how we are able to afford new players plus we released several at the end of last season
Summer Transfers on 20:49 - Jun 20 with 3207 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 20:44 - Jun 20 by daveB

we've got in 2 free transfers and a keeper who cost about 70k so thats how we are able to afford new players plus we released several at the end of last season

Read the Simon Dorset piece from yesterday, we're far from being in the FFP black just yet.

"Hogan’s wages could be a stumbling block for Rangers but most of the other Championship clubs likely to be keen on him are similarly affected by Financial Fair Play rules."

Interesting reasoning. While it's definitely true to some degree, it's surely not to the extent we need it to be. And even if Hogan was keen on us, Villa would surely wait until the last minute of the window just in case wouldn't they? So that's not ideal.
Summer Transfers on 21:29 - Jun 20 with 3104 viewsDejR_vu

Summer Transfers on 16:36 - Jun 4 by BuckR

Freeman to Fulham - heard it here first!

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at Cardiff.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Summer Transfers on 21:41 - Jun 20 with 3070 viewsLongsufferingR

Summer Transfers on 15:24 - Jun 20 by Antti_Heinola

Agree - the fact is, he gets goals.

No doubt if he goes to Millwall he'll be awarded a penalty against us the first time anybody goes near him.
Summer Transfers on 22:30 - Jun 20 with 2938 viewsdaveB

Summer Transfers on 20:49 - Jun 20 by rsonist

Read the Simon Dorset piece from yesterday, we're far from being in the FFP black just yet.

"Hogan’s wages could be a stumbling block for Rangers but most of the other Championship clubs likely to be keen on him are similarly affected by Financial Fair Play rules."

Interesting reasoning. While it's definitely true to some degree, it's surely not to the extent we need it to be. And even if Hogan was keen on us, Villa would surely wait until the last minute of the window just in case wouldn't they? So that's not ideal.

with the window closing early they will probably just want to move him on now they are in the prem
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024