Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory Leadership Race 09:57 - May 31 with 57710 viewsDorse

Not a party political thing or a reason for an LFW punch-up, but I keep having the eerie feeling that eventually every single Tory MP will put themselves forward leaving Teresa May with the casting vote. At which point, she cackles maniacally and slowly points at Jacob Rees Mogg sitting at the back, with the entire parliamentary party turning to stare at him... He is seen to gulp and mutter 'Oh, copulate my happenstance'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tory Leadership Race on 10:00 - May 31 with 11563 viewsMick_S

Happenstance.

That's a top, top word.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Tory Leadership Race on 10:07 - May 31 with 11520 viewsToast_R

I've just had some money on Raab at 7/1.
Tory Leadership Race on 10:22 - May 31 with 11503 viewsDannyPaddox

Re-watching this in the 80s or 90s I may have considered it still funny but a bit cliched, dated and twee. These days it plays like cutting-edge on-the-nose searing socio-political satire.
Tory Leadership Race on 10:23 - May 31 with 11500 viewsRBlock

Not a fan of the tories by a longshot, but I do have a lot of time for Rory Stewart. Sensible, intelligent, articulate, and aware of his own absurdity. Has led an incredible life outside of politics as well. Some of the others being mentioned, Raab, Johnson, McVey et al, would be horrendous.
Tory Leadership Race on 10:42 - May 31 with 11465 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Tory Leadership Race on 10:07 - May 31 by Toast_R

I've just had some money on Raab at 7/1.

Good choice.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Tory Leadership Race on 10:52 - May 31 with 11441 viewsFDC

Tory Leadership Race on 10:23 - May 31 by RBlock

Not a fan of the tories by a longshot, but I do have a lot of time for Rory Stewart. Sensible, intelligent, articulate, and aware of his own absurdity. Has led an incredible life outside of politics as well. Some of the others being mentioned, Raab, Johnson, McVey et al, would be horrendous.

Nah... Look at his voting record.

And he holds his arm out to pretend he's filming on his mobile phone for his 'i'm just wandering the country speaking to the people like the Buddha' twitter videos when actually it's a camera operated by a professional crew.
Tory Leadership Race on 11:02 - May 31 with 11421 viewsFDC

Tory Leadership Race on 11:12 - May 31 with 11404 viewsRBlock

Tory Leadership Race on 10:52 - May 31 by FDC

Nah... Look at his voting record.

And he holds his arm out to pretend he's filming on his mobile phone for his 'i'm just wandering the country speaking to the people like the Buddha' twitter videos when actually it's a camera operated by a professional crew.

I thought the pretending to hold his camera thing was quite funny to be honest. Harmless, and I like that he is just ambling around for a chat camera crew or not. Typically voted for welfare cuts and against raising taxes, so typical tory in that respect, but pro-gay marriage at least. Also whilst it was cut short, he did well in his last brief as Minister for Prisons and Probations; I work in this sector and everyone I've spoken in the service speaks highly of him. Ultimately it is a best of a bad bunch, but god what are the options? Gove?
[Post edited 31 May 2019 11:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Tory Leadership Race on 11:23 - May 31 with 11365 viewsDiscodroids

I'd rather suffer eternal priapism that vote tory if Rory Stewart gets the Gig. He looks like he should turn up unannounced at Downton Abbey and inform the Lord he's a nephew he hasn't seen since 1876, because he's been away "in the colonies".

He would spend a few days ingratiating himself with the family and making coarse out of wedlock sexual overtures towards the Lords plain daughter with the illegitimate child, before the countess notices he doesn't know what order to use his cutlery in at the dinner table and smells a rat.

The butler would be enlisted to discretely get to the bottom of the whole thing and would end with Stewart being confronted with a bag full of stolen silver candlesticks, pocket watches and the nephew's death certificate.

Vindicated, The countess would take the train to London to see him publicly hung because "one must be able to look death in the eye."

Stewart Makes JRM Seem as cutting edge as Steve Strange Minding the door of the Blitz Club in his Sid Vicious Havana Tuxedo and Westwood DrainPipe Jeans telling Mick Jagger 'Not tonight mate, piss off'.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 11:30]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tory Leadership Race on 11:34 - May 31 with 11338 viewsDannyPaddox

[Post edited 31 May 2019 13:04]
Tory Leadership Race on 11:36 - May 31 with 11336 viewsrunningman75

I would like to think anyone but Boris but they all have horrendous voting records and so cannot think who could bring the country forward.
Tory Leadership Race on 11:37 - May 31 with 11323 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tory Leadership Race on 11:47 - May 31 with 11292 viewsJuzzie

On BBC Breakfast TV yesterday they had one of the candidates (can't remember her name) and the presenter talking about all of them acting like a game and she took umbrage to that comment and said that it's very serious businessn running the country.

After spitting my coffee out with laughter, I agree with the presenter. As per the Harry Enfield character meme above, they're all acting like a bunch of rah rah school toffs all trampling over each other to see who can become prefect.
Tory Leadership Race on 11:53 - May 31 with 11267 viewsrobith

Johnson aside (who would be an absolute disaster) - I have never seen a bigger bunch of no marks in my life. I follow politics and I've found myself going "err oh oh yeah, the woman who posts bollocks on twitter! Oh yeah, that's her!"

Great to see the unfortunately named James Cleverly enter the race
Tory Leadership Race on 11:58 - May 31 with 11257 viewsessextaxiboy

Tory Leadership Race on 11:53 - May 31 by robith

Johnson aside (who would be an absolute disaster) - I have never seen a bigger bunch of no marks in my life. I follow politics and I've found myself going "err oh oh yeah, the woman who posts bollocks on twitter! Oh yeah, that's her!"

Great to see the unfortunately named James Cleverly enter the race

They have til 10th June to declare . I hope Steve Baker gives it a go .
Irony is for Tories who are in marginal seats Boris is probably the one with the best chance of beating Farage and Corbyn . You dont get elected Tory mayor in Labour London twice without having something that appeals to voters .
Tory Leadership Race on 12:06 - May 31 with 11225 viewsElHoop

Johnson is drifting like a barge in the betting. Nobody else particularly fancied either. Nobody anywhere anyhow has any sort of clue about anything to do with this at the moment, in any respect, at all.
Tory Leadership Race on 12:09 - May 31 with 11217 viewsSharpy36

Steve baker or Priti patel for me.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Tory Leadership Race on 12:12 - May 31 with 11209 viewsstevec

Tory Leadership Race on 11:23 - May 31 by Discodroids

I'd rather suffer eternal priapism that vote tory if Rory Stewart gets the Gig. He looks like he should turn up unannounced at Downton Abbey and inform the Lord he's a nephew he hasn't seen since 1876, because he's been away "in the colonies".

He would spend a few days ingratiating himself with the family and making coarse out of wedlock sexual overtures towards the Lords plain daughter with the illegitimate child, before the countess notices he doesn't know what order to use his cutlery in at the dinner table and smells a rat.

The butler would be enlisted to discretely get to the bottom of the whole thing and would end with Stewart being confronted with a bag full of stolen silver candlesticks, pocket watches and the nephew's death certificate.

Vindicated, The countess would take the train to London to see him publicly hung because "one must be able to look death in the eye."

Stewart Makes JRM Seem as cutting edge as Steve Strange Minding the door of the Blitz Club in his Sid Vicious Havana Tuxedo and Westwood DrainPipe Jeans telling Mick Jagger 'Not tonight mate, piss off'.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 11:30]

Ha ha spot on.

He looks like a jockey, a 15 year old boy with a 75 year old face.
Tory Leadership Race on 12:15 - May 31 with 11200 viewsAnonymousR

Tory Leadership Race on 11:47 - May 31 by Juzzie

On BBC Breakfast TV yesterday they had one of the candidates (can't remember her name) and the presenter talking about all of them acting like a game and she took umbrage to that comment and said that it's very serious businessn running the country.

After spitting my coffee out with laughter, I agree with the presenter. As per the Harry Enfield character meme above, they're all acting like a bunch of rah rah school toffs all trampling over each other to see who can become prefect.

That would be Esther McVey, ex GMTV presenter.
Tory Leadership Race on 12:50 - May 31 with 11104 viewsrobith

Tory Leadership Race on 11:58 - May 31 by essextaxiboy

They have til 10th June to declare . I hope Steve Baker gives it a go .
Irony is for Tories who are in marginal seats Boris is probably the one with the best chance of beating Farage and Corbyn . You dont get elected Tory mayor in Labour London twice without having something that appeals to voters .

Boris won't have the benefit of running against Ken this time though
Tory Leadership Race on 12:55 - May 31 with 11093 viewsrobith

Tory Leadership Race on 12:06 - May 31 by ElHoop

Johnson is drifting like a barge in the betting. Nobody else particularly fancied either. Nobody anywhere anyhow has any sort of clue about anything to do with this at the moment, in any respect, at all.

Boris doesn't really have a base in the parliamentary party. Apparently a lot of the newer Tory generation were pretty underwhelmed by him when he came back to Parliament - constantly late, always derailing meetings with inane trivia and trying to shoehorn in jokes apparently. I also suspect some will think he was too publicly associated with the big red bus. The Tories need someone to stave off Farage in blue heartland, but a bit of distance to keep the more liberal seats in London/SE/SW from going orange
Tory Leadership Race on 12:55 - May 31 with 11093 viewsTonto

its rapidly turning into a battle of who is the biggest village idiot. it would be quite funny if the future of our country didn't depend upon which idiot wins at this critical time.

Whatever happens I have the feeling that the Tories are done for a decade after this debacle. Although that may depend upon what the other alternatives get up to and I don't have great faith in them either.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Tory Leadership Race on 12:58 - May 31 with 11086 viewsDorse

Tory Leadership Race on 12:09 - May 31 by Sharpy36

Searing political insight LIVE from Dorset.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tory Leadership Race on 13:08 - May 31 with 11032 viewsBluce_Ree

When the SNP took over all the voting in Scotland, it seemed like the Tory's would never be out of power but if Boris gets in and fks it up, we might see the back of them for good. That'd be funny if nothing else.

Whoever gets it will definitely be a complete c*nt.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Tory Leadership Race on 13:20 - May 31 with 11018 viewsBostonR

Tory Leadership Race on 12:09 - May 31 by Sharpy36

Steve Baker - are you serious? All he is good for is being JRM's bag carrier and despite his best efforts to derail the Conservative party with his ERG mates he failed terribly. A complete buffoon.

Priti Patel - the same person who was fired for organising clandestine meetings with Israeli officials when she was on holiday as well as cutting aid to the Palestinians.

We should be more worried that 100,00 70plus conservative members will vote in the next PM. It will not last long as a general election is now imminent and that will be a straight shoot-out between Farage and he Lib Dems.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024