Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory Leadership Race 09:57 - May 31 with 58042 viewsDorse

Not a party political thing or a reason for an LFW punch-up, but I keep having the eerie feeling that eventually every single Tory MP will put themselves forward leaving Teresa May with the casting vote. At which point, she cackles maniacally and slowly points at Jacob Rees Mogg sitting at the back, with the entire parliamentary party turning to stare at him... He is seen to gulp and mutter 'Oh, copulate my happenstance'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tory Leadership Race on 13:03 - Jun 19 with 1592 viewsbaldyoldgit

Tory Leadership Race on 12:41 - Jun 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Considering the number of Remaines going off on this thread

[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 12:55]

and it's still the most brexity!

just goes to show.......

oh, while your on - will Boris get a new deal? yes or no?
Tory Leadership Race on 13:12 - Jun 19 with 1559 views2Thomas2Bowles

Tory Leadership Race on 13:03 - Jun 19 by baldyoldgit

and it's still the most brexity!

just goes to show.......

oh, while your on - will Boris get a new deal? yes or no?

Are you trying to turn this into another This Country is fecked thread, I think you are lol

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tory Leadership Race on 13:28 - Jun 19 with 1507 viewsBucksRanger

Tory Leadership Race on 11:37 - Jun 19 by BucksRanger

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1142367/bbc-tv-debate-boris-johnson-imam

I'm beginning to see a pattern here. BBC Tory candidate program lst night appears to have had left wing Labour supporters posing a number of the questions.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1142432/BBC-Tory-leadership-debate-Aman-Thakar
Tory Leadership Race on 13:33 - Jun 19 with 1490 viewstimcocking

Tory Leadership Race on 12:48 - Jun 19 by R_from_afar

All faiths have extremists but France and the UK are two countries in which large numbers of Muslims are successfully coexisting with those with different beliefs, or indeed no beliefs at all.

#coexist

It's such a tough issue. I've lived in a Muslim area for nearly a decade, never even come close to a hint of an issue with anything anywhere, they're all lovely here. The Thais are so gentle and kind by nature, it just isn't in them to be too severe nor to take anything too seriously.

Of course, though, i'd just have to live a few hours further south and they chop teachers' heads off and lay bombs all over the place. It's a never ending insurrection.

It's not the Thai Muslims causing the trouble, per se, it's the radical brainwashed nutters coming into and up from Malaysia and sowing discord. They want, of course, war and a separate Muslim state, death to all infidels blah blah. So whether or not you and i are happy to co-exist with Muslims or anybody else is irrelevant, we're at war with some of them and they'll stoop to anything. It's always easy to find young men who want a cause to fight for. So the cycle continues. As long as it stands, i'm ok, but if they chop my head off on my next visa run, i'll be fcuking p!ssed about it.

A bloody big mess. And when you think, after all, not only is none of it true, it isn't even physically possible it could be true. I mean, you couldn't make it up, except somebody actually did make it all up.

Humans. Aliens must find us hilarious.
Tory Leadership Race on 13:33 - Jun 19 with 1489 viewsbaldyoldgit

Tory Leadership Race on 13:12 - Jun 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Are you trying to turn this into another This Country is fecked thread, I think you are lol

avoidance noted.

the other thread was locked as it was decided, by admin, that we only needed the one as the two conversations were deemed, by admin, to be the same conversation. do keep up.

if you actually share your opinion on whether he'll get a new deal or not i'll stop asking. it's a pretty simple question. We'll make it even simpler for you and let's pretend he's won the PM contests. Go!

*awaits another avoidance excuse*
Tory Leadership Race on 13:42 - Jun 19 with 1462 views2Thomas2Bowles

Tory Leadership Race on 13:33 - Jun 19 by baldyoldgit

avoidance noted.

the other thread was locked as it was decided, by admin, that we only needed the one as the two conversations were deemed, by admin, to be the same conversation. do keep up.

if you actually share your opinion on whether he'll get a new deal or not i'll stop asking. it's a pretty simple question. We'll make it even simpler for you and let's pretend he's won the PM contests. Go!

*awaits another avoidance excuse*

You are making it up as you go alone, that was not the said reason by Clive which shows you only read what you want to read

Like when I told you to read the 80+ pages to find the answers, you clearly could not be bothered, you post questions that have been asked and answered before.

Plain Lazy attention seeker.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 13:43]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tory Leadership Race on 13:42 - Jun 19 with 1467 viewsR_from_afar

Tory Leadership Race on 13:28 - Jun 19 by BucksRanger

I'm beginning to see a pattern here. BBC Tory candidate program lst night appears to have had left wing Labour supporters posing a number of the questions.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1142432/BBC-Tory-leadership-debate-Aman-Thakar

Why does it matter what the political leanings of the members of the public were? It may be a Tory leadership race but the winner will be running the whole country.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tory Leadership Race on 13:54 - Jun 19 with 1417 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tory Leadership Race on 13:42 - Jun 19 by R_from_afar

Why does it matter what the political leanings of the members of the public were? It may be a Tory leadership race but the winner will be running the whole country.

yeah i find this 'revelation' a bit odd too. Should they only have been asked questions by Tories?
If it was just a race to be Tory leader while they were in opposition, I'd have some sympathy - although not a lot. If I was a Tory I'd like to see how my leader could face difficult/uncomfortable questioning. They'll have much worse each week in PMQs. But as you say, this decision affects the whole country deeply. the Tories don't even have their own majority, remember. What are they worried about? That someone from Labour will ask them a difficult question? Seems bizarre to me.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Tory Leadership Race on 13:58 - Jun 19 with 1414 viewsBucksRanger

Tory Leadership Race on 13:42 - Jun 19 by R_from_afar

The question is "Are they Labour supporters or are they Labour or Momentum activists?"

Supporters voicing an opinion is one thing but acitivists getting past BBC vetting is another.

After Peterborough, I think my concern is justified.
Tory Leadership Race on 13:59 - Jun 19 with 1414 viewsTonto

Tory Leadership Race on 11:54 - Jun 19 by Mytch_QPR

In terms of regular posters, I would disagree to some extent - I think that a lot of the 'left leaning' posters have given up trying to get common sense through to the hardline Brexit crew. I know you tried (in vain) on another thread - it was a valiant effort but, as per usual, there's not a willingness to enter into a dialogue.

I don't want to hijack this thread either, but I do have a problem with this anti-Semitic and anti-Islamic names being thrown about a lot.

Being opposed to Israeli government policies is not anti-Semitic. But the terms have become mixed up. The Israeli occupation of several neighbouring countries is illegal. I oppose that. But it has nothing to do with religion and isn't racist.

This is in the same was as opposing Syrian government policies against its own people is not anti-Islamic, or Russian occupation of Ukraine is not anti-Christian. Its opposing governments doing things its shouldn't.

I will confess I haven't read the Iman's tweets, but it was reported that his tweet were anti Israel not anti-Semitic. I accept that depends on the detail. but also it doesn't detract from his question last night.

I don't believe that either political party was a massive racism problem.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Tory Leadership Race on 14:03 - Jun 19 with 1405 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tory Leadership Race on 13:58 - Jun 19 by BucksRanger

The question is "Are they Labour supporters or are they Labour or Momentum activists?"

Supporters voicing an opinion is one thing but acitivists getting past BBC vetting is another.

Just interested - why is that a problem? The question was perfectly valid.

Bare bones.

Tory Leadership Race on 14:07 - Jun 19 with 1394 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Tory Leadership Race on 13:58 - Jun 19 by BucksRanger

Just a factual detail to clear up, you are required to be a Labour member if you want to be in a Momentum.
Tory Leadership Race on 14:09 - Jun 19 with 1388 viewsBucksRanger

Tory Leadership Race on 14:03 - Jun 19 by Antti_Heinola

Because it would appear that the BBC vetting process allows left wing activists to get through. I don't see any other activists getting through this process. Why is there this left wing bias within the process?
Tory Leadership Race on 14:13 - Jun 19 with 1380 viewsDannytheR

https://www.channel4.com/news/meet-the-conservative-party-members-who-could-deci

"If you're not a member of the cricket club, you get no say..."

Maybe BucksRanger has relocated to Grantham?
Tory Leadership Race on 14:13 - Jun 19 with 1380 viewsBucksRanger

Tory Leadership Race on 14:07 - Jun 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Just a factual detail to clear up, you are required to be a Labour member if you want to be in a Momentum.

I know that Bazza. And are you part of the Momentum organization? I now know you are a Labour Party member, despite your saying to me that you weren't a politician, as you stood in a local election for Labour not so long ago.
Tory Leadership Race on 14:14 - Jun 19 with 1375 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tory Leadership Race on 14:09 - Jun 19 by BucksRanger

Because it would appear that the BBC vetting process allows left wing activists to get through. I don't see any other activists getting through this process. Why is there this left wing bias within the process?

I think we're at cross-purposes. If we accept the BBC shouldn't allow a left wing activist to ask a question (not sure I agree with that, but let's move on, because it's clearly a dead end) *why* is it a problem that a left wing activist is asking a question?

Bare bones.

Tory Leadership Race on 14:14 - Jun 19 with 1372 viewsbaldyoldgit

Tory Leadership Race on 13:42 - Jun 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You are making it up as you go alone, that was not the said reason by Clive which shows you only read what you want to read

Like when I told you to read the 80+ pages to find the answers, you clearly could not be bothered, you post questions that have been asked and answered before.

Plain Lazy attention seeker.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 13:43]

blah blah blah - you bothered writing all that +300 characters when you could have gone for just 2 or 3. we all know why, let me help you out:

Yes, he will get new deal - you'll be laughed at because despite all the evidence you believe he's telling the truth and that he has the capabilities to change the EU's mind.

No, he wont get a new deal - you'll be laughed at because your lauding someone you know will fail.

anyhoo. got any logical reasons why the winner of the "Tory Leadership Race" wont face a vote of no confidence after coming back from Brussels empty-handed? I'll wait.
Tory Leadership Race on 14:20 - Jun 19 with 1350 viewsClive_Anderson

I hope you two aren't really the same person.
Tory Leadership Race on 14:22 - Jun 19 with 1344 viewsClive_Anderson

I suppose the reason is that viewers would generally expect the audience to be a representative cross section of the country, rather than just being a load of Labour activists bussed in to slag off the Tories.
Tory Leadership Race on 14:24 - Jun 19 with 1332 viewsBucksRanger

Tory Leadership Race on 14:14 - Jun 19 by Antti_Heinola

I think we're at cross-purposes. If we accept the BBC shouldn't allow a left wing activist to ask a question (not sure I agree with that, but let's move on, because it's clearly a dead end) *why* is it a problem that a left wing activist is asking a question?

Because the two people I pointed out today both work on behalf the Labour Party. They should have had the decency to admit up front where their allegiances were. Instead they hid it. I view it as a form of infiltration when Labour party members appear on a programme about the Conservative electoral process and don't admit it.
Tory Leadership Race on 14:29 - Jun 19 with 1316 viewsDorse

We always end up having a ruck and nobody ever changes their mind. Reds stay red, blues stay blue and yellows stay ignored.

I'd prefer we just riff on Jeremy Hunt's serial killer stare for a bit. Or better still, speculate on what item of clothing Boris is going to remove next time to upstage Rory Stewart's tie?

Chelsea are a shower of bastards, John Terry can go disappear smartly up his own central orifice, McLaren was a bit of a disaster, optimism re QPR is a mugs game but we can't help ourselves, there was no Milk Cup final in 86 etc. See? We can agree if we want.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tory Leadership Race on 15:11 - Jun 19 with 1240 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Tory Leadership Race on 14:13 - Jun 19 by BucksRanger

I know that Bazza. And are you part of the Momentum organization? I now know you are a Labour Party member, despite your saying to me that you weren't a politician, as you stood in a local election for Labour not so long ago.

Yes I am a Momentum member amongst many other things.

Stood for local election as a paper candidate in a massively Tory ward where Labour have always at best finished third because no one else wanted to. Barely campaigned and was quite relieved when I didn’t get it because I haven’t got the time nor the money to be a Cllr and it just doesn’t appeal to me.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 16:43]
Tory Leadership Race on 15:14 - Jun 19 with 1234 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tory Leadership Race on 14:24 - Jun 19 by BucksRanger

Because the two people I pointed out today both work on behalf the Labour Party. They should have had the decency to admit up front where their allegiances were. Instead they hid it. I view it as a form of infiltration when Labour party members appear on a programme about the Conservative electoral process and don't admit it.

Infiltration into a public debate on a national forum! Whatever next?
Personally, their allegiances seem irrelevant - it's the question that is important and whether it was valid. He asked:

“In the event that you become Prime Minister, you’re only going to be voted on by your parliamentary colleagues and 100,000 Conservative Party members. And you have no mandate from the people. So, in the event that you become Prime Minister, when will you do the right thing and call a general election?”

That seems a perfectly valid question to ask, I'm not really sure what his relationship with the Labourt Party has to do with it. It certainly shouldn't affect their answers. Tories said the same thing when Brown took over Blair. Johnson himself said the same thing at the time (vociferously). Personally, I think this happens far too often and it shouldn't be allowed - change the leader, then you have an election. If you haven't got confidence in your leader, then it's election time, not next one in - regardless of party (and it should've been the same with Brown).

dunno - just seems an odd thing to get narked about to me. Almost like Express/Sun/Telegraph want to move attention away from how utterly woeful all five candidates to run our country are by making a mountain out of a little tiny molehill. Even the Telegraph, while bemoaning too many questions apparently from the left, said the replies were dire. And that's from a few members of the public! What chance do this lot have in the actual business of governing? We've already seen countless times what a chancer he is, completely unfit for public office.

Bare bones.

Tory Leadership Race on 15:28 - Jun 19 with 1199 viewskensalriser

The winning candidate speaks.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tory Leadership Race on 15:49 - Jun 19 with 1169 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Amusing.

https://www.adoptatory.com
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024