Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory Leadership Race 09:57 - May 31 with 57714 viewsDorse

Not a party political thing or a reason for an LFW punch-up, but I keep having the eerie feeling that eventually every single Tory MP will put themselves forward leaving Teresa May with the casting vote. At which point, she cackles maniacally and slowly points at Jacob Rees Mogg sitting at the back, with the entire parliamentary party turning to stare at him... He is seen to gulp and mutter 'Oh, copulate my happenstance'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tory Leadership Race on 13:24 - Jun 21 with 3091 viewsR_from_afar

Tory Leadership Race on 01:45 - Jun 21 by Metallica_Hoop

I think it's time you can only be selected as an MP unless you have spend 15/20 years doing a real job.

Then maybe..just maybe they may actually start to connect with the electorate.

By that I mean not activists or people in a bubble but the people you chat to when doing a days work.

Good call and buying 99% of the world's supply of some vital resource, hoarding it until the price goes through the roof, then flogging it for a small fortune while, as an example, food prices skyrocket does not count as a real job.

I also think that the poorer echelons of society need to be better represented in parliament.

The fact that any politician, of whatever leaning, is promoting themselves based on tax cuts for the well-off is deeply concerning because it shows they are completely out of touch with vast swathes of the UK. The NHS struggling, social care issues, rising homelessness, whole regions stripped of their industry, agriculture close to collapse...and tax cuts are top of the list? Shameful.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tory Leadership Race on 15:42 - Jun 21 with 2943 viewstimcocking

Tory Leadership Race on 07:18 - Jun 22 with 2800 viewspaesanu

Boris not understand from his missus that 'leave means leave'.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Tory Leadership Race on 07:44 - Jun 22 with 2777 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Tory Leadership Race on 07:18 - Jun 22 by paesanu

Boris not understand from his missus that 'leave means leave'.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tory Leadership Race on 10:15 - Jun 22 with 2698 viewsrunningman75

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercati

Boris Johnson telling his girlfriend to get off his f ing laptop and her telling him off for spilling red wine on the sofa. Nice that the gentrification of South London has raised the standards of domestic disputes in that part of the world.
Tory Leadership Race on 10:35 - Jun 22 with 2680 viewsWatford_Ranger

This latest episode will only endear him to plenty of people who are willing to forgive all the other reasons he’s incompetent. He went to Eton you know.
Tory Leadership Race on 11:51 - Jun 22 with 2645 viewsFDC

The past week in which apparently mainstream media outlets have reported as fact a Guido smear piece about a Labour activist, costing him his job, and performed moral gymnastics to defend Mark Fields and BJ's aggression towards women really feels like we've crossed the Rubicon into open culture war.
Tory Leadership Race on 14:12 - Jun 22 with 2572 viewsTacticalR

An interesting article from football correspondent Simon Kuper about his contemporaries:

'Six of the seven men who survived the first round of the Tory leadership contest earlier this month studied at Oxford. The final two remaining candidates, Johnson and Hunt, were contemporaries along with Gove in the late 1980s. '

'In an essay for The Oxford Myth (1988), a book edited by his sister Rachel, Johnson advised aspiring student politicians to assemble "a disciplined and deluded collection of stooges" to get out the vote. "Lonely girls from the women's colleges" who "back their largely male candidates with a porky decisiveness" were particularly useful.'

'Johnson added: "The tragedy of the stooge is that . . . he wants so much to believe that his relationship with the candidate is special that he shuts out the truth. The terrible art of the candidate is to coddle the self-deception of the stooge."'

'Meanwhile, Jeremy Hunt, an OUCA president in 1987, made much less noise. Hames sums up: "The Boris appeal was Boris. Michael (Gove) was interested in ideology and ideas. Jeremy was more a small-c managerial conservative."'

'Hunt wasn't charismatic or eloquent, and had no obvious political passions, but he was the archetypal head boy (a role he'd held at Charterhouse). An admiral's son, distant relative of the Queen, tall and courteous, he usually rose above Tory factionalism.'

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Tory Leadership Race on 16:18 - Jun 22 with 2505 viewsClive_Anderson

Now it's a leaver versus a remainer in the final two to be PM all the dirty tricks are out.

Expect weeks of mud flinging to try to get Boris to drop out so Hunt wins and we never leave the EU. It's so utterly predictable. They know Boris will easily win if it goes to the members.

Exactly the same as when it was May against Leadsom which never went to a vote.
Tory Leadership Race on 17:14 - Jun 22 with 2451 viewsbaldyoldgit

Tory Leadership Race on 16:18 - Jun 22 by Clive_Anderson

Now it's a leaver versus a remainer in the final two to be PM all the dirty tricks are out.

Expect weeks of mud flinging to try to get Boris to drop out so Hunt wins and we never leave the EU. It's so utterly predictable. They know Boris will easily win if it goes to the members.

blimey - looking good. i hadn't realised he was quite so remainy.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/11859/jeremy_hunt/south_west_surrey/divisions?

'missed' the last 4 votes altogether
Tory Leadership Race on 17:54 - Jun 22 with 2419 viewsStanisgod

Tory Leadership Race on 17:14 - Jun 22 by baldyoldgit

blimey - looking good. i hadn't realised he was quite so remainy.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/11859/jeremy_hunt/south_west_surrey/divisions?

'missed' the last 4 votes altogether

If Hunt wins can they have another vote?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Tory Leadership Race on 19:57 - Jun 22 with 2325 viewsWatford_Ranger

Tory Leadership Race on 16:18 - Jun 22 by Clive_Anderson

Yeah it’ll be hard to find any dirt on squeaky clean Boris FFS. At least he has a glittering record of competence to fall back on.
Tory Leadership Race on 23:16 - Jun 24 with 2092 viewsTacticalR

Another tirade from Max Hastings...

'We can scarcely strip the emperor's clothes from a man who has built a career, or at least a lurid love life, out of strutting without them. The weekend stories of his domestic affairs are only an aperitif for his future as Britain's leader. I have a hunch that Johnson will come to regret securing the prize for which he has struggled so long, because the experience of the premiership will lay bare his absolute unfitness for it.'

I was Boris Johnson’s boss: he is utterly unfit to be prime minister
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minist

Air hostess clique

Tory Leadership Race on 23:25 - Jun 24 with 2078 viewsDannyPaddox

Meanwhile, Jeremy Hunt, an OUCA president in 1987, made much less noise. Hames sums up: "The Boris appeal was Boris. Michael (Gove) was interested in ideology and ideas. Jeremy was more a small-c ...

Well worth repeating.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 0:10]
Tory Leadership Race on 00:34 - Jun 25 with 2037 viewsDannyPaddox

It's been bugging me who Victoria Derbyshire looks like.

Humpty Hump - Digital Underground
Tory Leadership Race on 13:12 - Jun 25 with 1912 viewsconnell10

Hunt has no personality and BJO has no brains!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Tory Leadership Race on 13:58 - Jun 25 with 1864 viewspaesanu

I find it amazing that the comments are still filled with 'the interviewer is a disgrace', completely ignoring that Boris is simply not answering a simple question of whether he's attempting some PR damage control.

The man is blagging away, and people will still support him. Facepalm.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Tory Leadership Race on 15:00 - Jun 25 with 1824 viewsconnell10

Tory Leadership Race on 13:58 - Jun 25 by paesanu

I find it amazing that the comments are still filled with 'the interviewer is a disgrace', completely ignoring that Boris is simply not answering a simple question of whether he's attempting some PR damage control.

The man is blagging away, and people will still support him. Facepalm.

A world with Trump and BJO in charge..... I'll retire to Bedlam!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Tory Leadership Race on 15:04 - Jun 25 with 1820 viewsLythamR

Tory Leadership Race on 15:00 - Jun 25 by connell10

A world with Trump and BJO in charge..... I'll retire to Bedlam!!!

“Let all the poison that lurks in the mud, hatch out.”
Tory Leadership Race on 15:46 - Jun 25 with 1776 viewskensalriser

I'm actually starting to want Johnson to win because his ensuing monumental fck ups and fall from grace will be an absolute pleasure to witness. It'll be like Portillo losing his seat x100.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tory Leadership Race on 16:10 - Jun 25 with 1739 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I know i'm biased, but even if you buy into the Jeremy Corbyn Antisemitism / Czech Spy / Hezbollah / Hamas bullshit can it really be worse than Johnson and Hunt, whose ACTUAL record of racism and manslaughter is proven and on record?
Tory Leadership Race on 16:19 - Jun 25 with 1732 viewsBucksRanger

Who the hell have Johnson and Hunt killed?
Tory Leadership Race on 16:26 - Jun 25 with 1723 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Tory Leadership Race on 16:19 - Jun 25 by BucksRanger

Who the hell have Johnson and Hunt killed?

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/health-and-social-care-spending-cuts-linked
Tory Leadership Race on 16:36 - Jun 25 with 1710 viewsrobith

Spare a thought for ex-Guido hack Harry Cole, now head of politics at Mail on Sunday, who has to write gushing praise for the guy his missus ran off with.

Actually don't, he's a piece of sh!t
Tory Leadership Race on 16:40 - Jun 25 with 1707 viewsBucksRanger

No mention of Johnson or Hunt in that article. Neither of them ever brought before a judge on a manslaughter charge. You are just throwing left wing rhetoric at the Tory boys again. All politicians with a soupcon of power could be trashed in similar fashion. Politicians on the left and the right are all as despicable as each other. Open your eyes. The whole political edifice needs pulling down. The boys you support are as bad as the ones you traduce.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024