Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory Leadership Race 09:57 - May 31 with 58037 viewsDorse

Not a party political thing or a reason for an LFW punch-up, but I keep having the eerie feeling that eventually every single Tory MP will put themselves forward leaving Teresa May with the casting vote. At which point, she cackles maniacally and slowly points at Jacob Rees Mogg sitting at the back, with the entire parliamentary party turning to stare at him... He is seen to gulp and mutter 'Oh, copulate my happenstance'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tory Leadership Race on 08:19 - Jun 7 with 2537 viewsconnell10

Boris Johnson is not the messiah he is a knobhead!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Tory Leadership Race on 11:29 - Jun 7 with 2433 viewsderbyhoop

May was made by Brexit. And destroyed by it.

From the current collection of nonentities vying for the leadership, won't the same thing happen again? The parliamentary arithmetic is not going to change. It will still be a minority government by a divided party, whoever wins.

The frightening thing is that so many of the candidates believe that they can either negotiate a better deal with the EU in the 3 months before the latest deadline OR that they are happy to crash out with no-deal , despite all the economic assessments indicating that as a disastrous path.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tory Leadership Race on 12:21 - Jun 7 with 2414 viewsBasingstokeR

We both need and don't need a General Election
Tory Leadership Race on 14:12 - Jun 7 with 2324 viewsDorse

Tory Leadership Race on 12:21 - Jun 7 by BasingstokeR

We both need and don't need a General Election

Sounds like we have Electile Dysfunction.

Tory Leadership Race on 18:12 - Jun 7 with 2225 viewsR_from_afar

Meanwhile, Amber Rudd leans back in her seat, languidly filing her nails and giving the occasional knowing wink as she patiently bides her time, like a trapdoor spider in heels...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tory Leadership Race on 18:27 - Jun 7 with 2199 views2Thomas2Bowles

Tory Leadership Race on 18:12 - Jun 7 by R_from_afar

Meanwhile, Amber Rudd leans back in her seat, languidly filing her nails and giving the occasional knowing wink as she patiently bides her time, like a trapdoor spider in heels...

She was lucky to win her seat in Hastings she is not liked and for good reason.

majority of 346 last time out down from over 4K
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 18:33]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tory Leadership Race on 18:44 - Jun 7 with 2181 viewsconnell10

Tory Leadership Race on 18:27 - Jun 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

She was lucky to win her seat in Hastings she is not liked and for good reason.

majority of 346 last time out down from over 4K
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 18:33]

Something fishy about her!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Tory Leadership Race on 23:05 - Jun 7 with 2078 viewsessextaxiboy

Tory Leadership Race on 18:12 - Jun 7 by R_from_afar

....before voting for Johnson as he is her only chance of keepng her seat if we end up with an election ..
Login to get fewer ads

Tory Leadership Race on 08:01 - Jun 8 with 1997 viewsDorse

Gove says he 'deeply regrets' taking cocaine in the past. If he wants to help stop people using cocaine, they could use his photo as the 'After' picture in a hard-hitting public health ad.

Tory Leadership Race on 08:12 - Jun 8 with 1989 viewsstevec

Tory Leadership Race on 08:01 - Jun 8 by Dorse

Gove says he 'deeply regrets' taking cocaine in the past. If he wants to help stop people using cocaine, they could use his photo as the 'After' picture in a hard-hitting public health ad.

Was he one of the coke heads at away games that was doing Clive’s head in?
Tory Leadership Race on 08:44 - Jun 8 with 1960 viewsGloryHunter

Now you come to mention it, I think I did see him in the Gents at Charlton away.
Tory Leadership Race on 09:38 - Jun 8 with 1900 viewsDiscodroids

I thought Gove was on the Yayo when i cornered him in the Queen Adelaide Before a game. He had the grubby ambience of a stage hand at a Victorian Freak show who slops out the Elephant man and replenishes the water tank for the phocomelia Flipper Boy before blowing his bronze halfpennys in a gin palace and chasing the dragon with a chinese whore.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tory Leadership Race on 09:59 - Jun 8 with 1889 viewsessextaxiboy

Tory Leadership Race on 09:38 - Jun 8 by Discodroids

I thought Gove was on the Yayo when i cornered him in the Queen Adelaide Before a game. He had the grubby ambience of a stage hand at a Victorian Freak show who slops out the Elephant man and replenishes the water tank for the phocomelia Flipper Boy before blowing his bronze halfpennys in a gin palace and chasing the dragon with a chinese whore.

Blimey... all that was going on and I didnt cotton on. I have led a sheltered life ..
Tory Leadership Race on 10:06 - Jun 8 with 1884 viewsDorse

Tory Leadership Race on 10:10 - Jun 8 with 1877 viewslondonscottish

Tory Leadership Race on 08:01 - Jun 8 by Dorse

That's put me off for life.

[IMG] http://i68.tinypic.com/2ceissw.jpg[/IMG]
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 10:11]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Tory Leadership Race on 10:14 - Jun 8 with 1863 viewsDiscodroids

Tory Leadership Race on 09:59 - Jun 8 by essextaxiboy

Blimey... all that was going on and I didnt cotton on. I have led a sheltered life ..

It was a good day Dave. If only Paul Parker would put his hand in his pocket and get a round in...

Get yourself down to the Peterboat. ;-)
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 10:17]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tory Leadership Race on 11:21 - Jun 8 with 1814 viewsbaldyoldgit

Tory Leadership Race on 11:29 - Jun 7 by derbyhoop

May was made by Brexit. And destroyed by it.

From the current collection of nonentities vying for the leadership, won't the same thing happen again? The parliamentary arithmetic is not going to change. It will still be a minority government by a divided party, whoever wins.

The frightening thing is that so many of the candidates believe that they can either negotiate a better deal with the EU in the 3 months before the latest deadline OR that they are happy to crash out with no-deal , despite all the economic assessments indicating that as a disastrous path.

nailed it.

The new Tory leader is going to face a vote of no confidence anyway, which they must know they are very likely to lose.

The only way they could win it is by promising the impossible:

You could promise no border in the Irish Sea. You win the DUP, but then you can't Brexit, so you'd lose as many Tory votes as you gained with the DUP.
No confidence, general election.

You could promise to put a border in Ireland. Break the Good Friday Agreement. America would go mental, you would get no trade with them or with Europe.

If you're not putting a border up, you'll have to accept may's deal, which the DUP and the Euro nutters will never agree. They've just sacked one prime minister over it. Want another?

What about leaving with no deal? The DUP and the ERG would take that, and you'd still lose by 400 votes.

Well, if you can't put a border in Ireland or the Irish Sea, if you can't leave with no deal and you can't have May's deal.......

You can try a second referendum. But the Brexiteers would mutiny, and Labour would bring a vote of no confidence.

Whatever happens now we're getting a general election, and the only question is what everyone puts in their manifesto.
Tory Leadership Race on 11:41 - Jun 8 with 1780 views2Thomas2Bowles

Only Labour want a GE and then it would most likely end up another hung parliament.

Tory Leadership Race on 11:47 - Jun 8 with 1769 viewsessextaxiboy

Tory Leadership Race on 11:21 - Jun 8 by baldyoldgit

nailed it.

The new Tory leader is going to face a vote of no confidence anyway, which they must know they are very likely to lose.

The only way they could win it is by promising the impossible:

You could promise no border in the Irish Sea. You win the DUP, but then you can't Brexit, so you'd lose as many Tory votes as you gained with the DUP.

You could promise to put a border in Ireland. Break the Good Friday Agreement. America would go mental, you would get no trade with them or with Europe.

If you're not putting a border up, you'll have to accept may's deal, which the DUP and the Euro nutters will never agree. They've just sacked one prime minister over it. Want another?

What about leaving with no deal? The DUP and the ERG would take that, and you'd still lose by 400 votes.

Well, if you can't put a border in Ireland or the Irish Sea, if you can't leave with no deal and you can't have May's deal.......

You can try a second referendum. But the Brexiteers would mutiny, and Labour would bring a vote of no confidence.

Whatever happens now we're getting a general election, and the only question is what everyone puts in their manifesto.

No deal is the default in law.A new Prime Minister only has to not ask for an extension and not re present the Mays deal and we would leave in Oct.
As you say a no confidence vote would happen , then Tories have a choice .get behind it or risk an election .
Tory Leadership Race on 12:15 - Jun 8 with 1737 viewsPommyhoop

Wrong thread should have been' women you would but probably shouldn't '

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Tory Leadership Race on 13:21 - Jun 8 with 1689 viewsDannyPaddox

Tory Leadership Race on 10:06 - Jun 8 by Dorse

Tory Leadership Race on 14:51 - Jun 9 with 1469 viewsderbyhoop

Having watched Esther McVey o n #Marr, I'm convinced she is certifiably insane.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tory Leadership Race on 15:57 - Jun 9 with 1384 views2Thomas2Bowles

Tory Leadership Race on 14:51 - Jun 9 by derbyhoop

Having watched Esther McVey o n #Marr, I'm convinced she is certifiably insane.

Criminally insane for sure.

Tory Leadership Race on 15:58 - Jun 9 with 1381 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

People are weird.

The Tories can fvck the electorate with austerity, dismantling of industry, and the cruellest disability assessments and not bat an eyelid.

Snort a line or bang a secretary and everyone is up in arms.

Plenty to hate Gove for, but his bugle habit is far far down the list.
Tory Leadership Race on 16:18 - Jun 9 with 1365 viewsBucksRanger

Tory Leadership Race on 15:58 - Jun 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

People are weird.

The Tories can fvck the electorate with austerity, dismantling of industry, and the cruellest disability assessments and not bat an eyelid.

Snort a line or bang a secretary and everyone is up in arms.

Plenty to hate Gove for, but his bugle habit is far far down the list.

It's top of my list Bazza. When he acquired and took the drugs 20 years ago, it was most definitely an illegal act. It shows he had a blatant disregard for the law. And if he didn't uphold the law then, who is to say he would do it now. Not only that, it also shows he had no compunction in passing sums of money over to the drug dealing fraternity so that they could continue in a trade that leads to theft, violence and death. I really cannot understand your free-wheeling attitude towards the drug dealing scum that sell this murderous addiction for their own bloated enrichment.

I bet you and I could have one hell of a conversation about this down the pub just so long as we kept control of our emotions.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 17:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024