Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The big match revisited 13:35 - Jun 4 with 2795 viewsNov77

Just a heads up, Bt sport are showing some more old episodes of the big match this week, this time from 74-5, rangers are on 3 times:

Tonight it’s arsenal away, I think this is the game Gerry always refers to when he said he was at Stan’s house in the morning when the bailiffs turned up and took all his furniture away, then in the afternoon Stan went out and scored twice at Highbury.

Thursday, it’s Burnley at home, then on Saturday the away FA cup game at West Ham.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The big match revisited on 14:29 - Jun 4 with 2680 viewsHantsR

Thanks for that - 1900 tonight!
The big match revisited on 14:49 - Jun 4 with 2652 viewsMrSheen

The big match revisited on 14:29 - Jun 4 by HantsR

Thanks for that - 1900 tonight!

I saw York City winning away at Fulham last night, in the middle of what must have been a bin men's strike, judging by the amount of paper and plastic bags* blowing around the pitch.

* I was going to put "rubbish", but I didn't want it to be taken as a slight on Alan Mullery. Or Bobby Moore.
The big match revisited on 17:16 - Jun 4 with 2543 viewsNov77

The big match revisited on 14:49 - Jun 4 by MrSheen

I saw York City winning away at Fulham last night, in the middle of what must have been a bin men's strike, judging by the amount of paper and plastic bags* blowing around the pitch.

* I was going to put "rubbish", but I didn't want it to be taken as a slight on Alan Mullery. Or Bobby Moore.

Yep saw that, The second goal they conceded was comedy gold.

Proper Sunday league football goal that one.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The big match revisited on 23:04 - Jun 4 with 2349 viewsA40Bosh

Just watched it.
It would have been better placed if it was on the Comedy Central channel
The warts an’ all Q&A with Ball and Bowles was erm....... interesting to say the least.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The big match revisited on 17:48 - Jun 6 with 2120 viewsWalnut

The big match revisited on 23:04 - Jun 4 by A40Bosh

Just watched it.
It would have been better placed if it was on the Comedy Central channel
The warts an’ all Q&A with Ball and Bowles was erm....... interesting to say the least.

Anyone know how to view these without, ahem, subscribing to BT?
The big match revisited on 19:35 - Jun 6 with 2027 viewspaulparker

The big match revisited on 17:48 - Jun 6 by Walnut

Anyone know how to view these without, ahem, subscribing to BT?

YouTube

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The big match revisited on 20:52 - Jun 6 with 1957 viewsHantsR

Just watched QPR v Burnley. Their goal scored while Gillard was lying done injured in the 6yd box. Don't know how Francis didn't get a clear penalty in the final minute but Gerry didn't appear to comment on it in an intelligent interview.
The big match revisited on 21:23 - Jun 6 with 1931 viewsManinBlack

I was at that game and forgot how the goal was scored but if one was scored like that today people would be doing their nut about not kicking the ball out of play. Poor keeping by Parkes though. Definitely a penalty on Gerry at the end. Only a month earlier I went to Burnley and we got stuffed up there 3-0.
Login to get fewer ads

The big match revisited on 02:28 - Jun 7 with 1810 viewsNov77

Must of been one of Stan’s least effective games for us, hardly involved at all.

Don Masson quality, thought Leighton James, who we later signed, played well for them.

Great seeing those old episodes in their entirety.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024